Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28

Author Topic: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 33 Endgame, DF style!  (Read 29255 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 13
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2009, 07:33:19 am »

Quote from: Strife26
Cannonicly, zefies are resistent to hard-radiation.
Alright, I'll keep that in mind. (Good thing I was vague about what was killing people.)

Quote from: Shoruke
(Since I don't know if the military stat is supposed to be 'the size of my military' or 'the strength of my military', or both, I am currently interpreting it as 'my ability to wage war'. If I'm misunderstanding this, just pretend I said something else and put my turn towards improving military please.)
"General ability to wage war" is correct. I'd rather not get into complex calculations every time anyone attacks; I'd never get anything done. Incidentally, I'm not actually sure what "economy" represents, it's just there because everybody needs some sort of economy.

In case anyone hasn't been watching, tech level requires a bit of everything to advance, and you probably shouldn't try it if the average of everything is less then tech level, unless you have good morale.

Any action improving a stat is harder the higher that stat is. This is why Org failed on his turn. Don't try to improve your highest stat if your morale is negative, without a good reason for it.

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2009, 07:13:26 pm »

The Bronze Colossi are confused and disappointed. So many great minds gathering in the name of progress, yet so little progress made! Clearly there is only one solution...  It's time to build some really big schools!

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2009, 11:09:17 am »

So anyone want to think up some runes for me to craft?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2009, 01:25:39 pm »

Turn 13 has been rolled.

This turn’s rolls: 6, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 1

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | The Orks all gather near their warboss to hear what he has to say. Him not giving a speech makes them happier. ((Hmm … now that I think about it, I recall specifically stating that population can no longer be increased as an action. Increase morale instead.))

Economy – 4
Technology – 3
Military – 4.7 + 0.1(Rounding) = 4.8
Population – 2.8
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – 5 + 1(INF) + 1(temp, expires next turn) = 7

R1ck’s Basinians – | The Basinians secretly build a secret base where secretly talented Basinians will secretly be secreted away to secretly train as ninjas. The magically-aided ninjas will surely help with intelligence gathering.

Economy – 4.4 + 0.1(Rounding) = 4.5
Technology – 2
Military – 1 + 1.5(ACT) = 2.5
Population – 2.2 + 0.1(MRL) = 2.3
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – 7

Strife26’s Zefies - | The Zefies improve their knowledge of medicine.

Economy – 5
Technology – 4 + 1(ACT) = 5
Military – 5.9 + 0.1(Rounding) = 6
Population – 3.1 + 0.2(MRL) = 3.3
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – (7)6 +

Shoruke’s Starforgers – | The Starforgers begin figuring out how to kill people magically, and begin training all their warriors with basic combat spells.

Economy- 3
Tech- 2
Military- 1 + 1(ACT) = 2
Pop- 1
Infastructure – 2
Morale – 5 + 1(INF) = 6

Frelock’s Raiders of Rodinia – | The Rodinian government creates a national bank. People decide that the bank is a safer place for their money then the hole in their mattress. The ability to give loans to new businesses greatly improves Rodinian life.

Economy – = 4 + 1.5(ACT) = 5.5
Technology – 4
Military – 5.3 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.4
Population – 4.3 + 0.4(MRL) = 4.7
Infrastructure – 5
Morale – (8)6 + 1(-1/turn) = 7
Bonus: +0.25 on defense

Shade’s Zaniah – | The Zaniah engineers have the brilliant idea of digging rooms into the side of their plateau from which they can observe the rest of the world with their making-things-closer-devices. They can use these to form better tactics to use against rival militaries.

Economy – 5.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.7
Technology – 4
Military – = 4 + 1.5(ACT) = 5.5
Population – 4.2 + 0.3(MRL) = 4.5
Infrastructure – 5.6 + 0.1(Rounding)= 5.7
Morale – 7

Navian’s Bronze Colossi – | The colossi begin building many schools. The sudden increase in education potential yields a working really-big-rock-throwing-device prototype.

Economy – 4
Technology – 3 + 1(ACT) = 4
Military – 2 + 1(ACT) = 3
Population – 3.3 + 0.2(MRL) = 3.5
Infrastructure – 4.9 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5
Morale – 7

The Dead – | You manage to find a hare. | | which you swiftly decapitate by hurling your Choppa at. | The poorly made Choppa splinters into hundreds of pieces! | Several shards of metal pierce your leg, | and you are mildly wounded.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 14
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2009, 01:42:33 pm »

With our new found engineering skills and the piles of rock left over from all this digging we will build a ziggurat rising out of the plateau, at the top we'll build a temple to the True One, decked out in some of those riches we found while mining the depths.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2009, 04:33:07 pm »

Sorry, I probably didnt see it.....

Da Boss Kallz foar bettur metalz!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2009, 05:25:59 pm »

The Raiders of Rodinia will begin exploration missions, in the hopes of finding new, preferably weak, island nations to conquer.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2009, 05:46:04 pm »

I will now attempt to improve my tech by sending my magical ninjas into nearby civilizations, in order to learn their technological secrets.
It's not stealing if they still have it, right?  ;)
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2009, 06:06:02 pm »

The zefies will build more cities. And walls for those cities.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2009, 07:45:09 pm »

As the Colossal City prospers and education is on the rise, the Colossi develop a new problem--Big slabs of rock covered with mathematical equations. They're heavy, hard to reference, and take up a lot of space, and worst of all, they aren't very good for flinging through the air in rock launching machines. The Colossi search for more efficient ways of writing down and archiving information...

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2009, 08:53:44 pm »

The Starforgers, who left the Basinians in order to freely pursue magic and fun, now wish to capitalize on their recent advancements. We declare a holiday, where we celebrate our magical freedom, by causing thermonuclear catsplosions (small ones to avoid damaging property, but thermonuclear nontheless) in the town square. It's great fun. And because cats breed so fast, we don't really need to worry about running out of them.

Fun fun fun!!!  ;D
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 15! Double the turn!
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2009, 09:01:40 pm »

Turn 14. Random.org is doing funny things again. Oh, and second turns in one 24 hour period.

This turn’s rolls: 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3

Shade’s Zaniah – | The Zaniah build a massive ziggurat atop their plateau, with a temple containing vast riches at the top. People will be happier now (Infrastructure boost. Your turns are rather difficult to interpret.)

Economy – 5.7 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.8
Technology – 4
Military – = 5.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.6
Population – 4.5 + 0.3(MRL) = 4.8
Infrastructure – 5.7 + 0.1(Rounding) + 1(ACT) = 6.8
Morale – 7

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | The Orks spend a great deal of effort improving their smelting techniques. They discover that with a bit of red clay mixed with their bronze and red paint on a Choppa, it will go faster, and kill things better.

Economy – 4
Technology – 3 + 1 = 4
Military – 4.8 + 0.1(Rounding) = 4.9 - 1 next round (Every Ork needs a new Choppa.)
Population – 2.8 + 2(MRL) = 3
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – (7)6

Frelock’s Raiders of Rodinia – | The Rodinian fleet sails out west, looking for new lands to explore. They find a small island chain not far off, with some primitive natives. The savage natives were conquered, but a few ships were damaged, and need repairs.

Economy – = 5.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.6
Technology – 4
Military – 5.4 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.5 -1 next round (Fleet damaged)
Population – 4.7 + 0.3(MRL) + 1(ACT) = 6
Infrastructure – 5 + 1(ACT) = 6
Morale – (7)6 – 1(INF) = 5
Bonus: +0.25 on defense

R1ck’s Basinians – | The secret ninjas secretly steal borrow without intent to give restitution the not-so-secret techniques of architecture and math.

Economy – 4.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 4.6
Technology – 2 + 1(ACT) = 3
Military – 2.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 2.6
Population – 2.3 + 0.1(MRL) = 2.4
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – 7

Strife26’s Zefies - | The Zefies carefully plan and build two more cities. They are well defended, with thick stone walls. People are pleased that the government is planning to defend them.

Economy – 5
Technology – 5
Military – 6
Population – 3.3 + 0.1(MRL) = 3.4
Infrastructure – 4 + 1(ACT) = 5
Morale – 6 + 2(ACT, temp, -1/turn) = 8

Navian’s Bronze Colossi – | The Colossi try to find an answer to their rock slab problems. Their new schools pay off, and an answer presents itself from them. The one making the discovery was actually a strange, very small, black Colossi. Rather then carving his math problems into stone, he painted them on a piece of strange organic material he had. He was happy to share the secrets of how to make it with the Colossi. Bizarrely, he did not show up at his awards ceremony, and was never seen or heard from again.

Economy – 4
Technology – 4 + 1(ACT) = 5
Military – 3
Population – 3.5 + 0.2(MRL) = 3.7
Infrastructure – 5
Morale – 7

Shoruke’s Starforgers – | The Starforgers use magic to help cats rapidly multiply, until the FPS drops below 5. It is strangely entertaining, but I disapprove of harming kitties, you cruel, cruel wizard people.

Economy- 3
Tech- 2
Military- 2
Pop- 1 + 0.1(MRL) = 1.1
Infastructure – 2
Morale – 6 + 2(ACT, temp -1/turn) = 8

((He hadn't posted a turn, and since this turn came early and I didn't feel like waiting, I allowed SombreChapaeu to post an action for this turn late.))
The Dead – | You carefully turn the hide into a pair of perfectly fitting boots, and perfectly inscribe a rune of healing on them. You shall now regenerate faster. | The boots feel a bit warm when you put them on, but you don't feel any better.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 08:13:29 am by Nirur Torir »

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 15 - Double bonus turn!
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2009, 09:27:55 pm »

Using the newly acquired technique of architecture, the Basinian people will build coliseums, wherein mighty gladiators will rise and fight.
(I'm going for infrastructure, with military improvement as well with a good success)
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2009, 09:53:14 pm »

The fluff balls will just grow a bit this turn. Work on infastructure pretty much, focus on theirselves, maybe grow the population a bit. And under no circumstance do anything with alpha, betta, or gamma radiation.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2009, 10:29:05 pm »

The Raiders of Rodinia, whilst rebuilding their fleet, will invest in chemistry research (come on saltpeter + charcoal + sulfur!).
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28