Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 33 Endgame, DF style!  (Read 29250 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 17
« Reply #195 on: March 09, 2009, 05:37:15 pm »

Turn 17. I feel sad. Using Google, none of the civilization names from this thread are on the first page of hits.

This turn’s rolls: 6, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 1

R1ck’s Basinians – | The Basinians discover selective breeding of domesticated plants and animals.

Economy – 4.8 + 0.1(Rounding) = 4.9
Technology – 3 + 1(ACT) = 4
Military – 2.8 + 0.1(Rounding) = 2.9
Population – 2.7 + 0.2(MRL) = 2.9
Infrastructure – 5
Morale – 7

Navian’s Bronze Colossi – | The Colossi line their roads with torches, allowing them to safely travel during the night without being harassed by gnomes.

Economy – 4
Technology – 4
Military – 4
Population – 4.1 + 0.1(MRL) = 4.2
Infrastructure – 5 + 1.5 = 6.5
Morale – 6 + 1(INF) = 7

Strife26’s Zefies - | The Zfs lrn tht othr cvlztns are vry intrstd in bng thr crvd wdn fgrns. Thy are hghly clctble; I only nd thrty-ne mre to cmplte my Gnrtn two anml st.
(The Zefies learn that other civilizations are very interested in buying their carved wooden figurines. They are highly collectable; I only need 39 more to complete my Generation two animal set.)

Economy – 5 + 1 = 6
Technology – 6
Military – 6
Population – 3.7 + 0.1(MRL) = 4
Infrastructure – 6.5 + 0.1(ACT) = 6.6
Morale – 6 + 2(Act, temp, -1/turn) = 8

Frelock’s Raiders of Rodinia – | The Rodinians begin exporting paintings of boats to other civilizations. People are in awe of the military might that is the Rodinian Empire.

Economy – = 5.8 + 0.1(Rounding) + 1(ACT) = 6.9
Technology – 5
Military – 7
Population – 6
Infrastructure – 6
Morale – 5
Bonus: +0.25 on defense

Shade’s Zaniah – | The Zaniah discover a method of harnessing wind power. Their temple is now the envy of every civilized being. The art gallery within even has a complete set of Zefien animal carvings, generations 1-3, and paintings of the R.E.S. Leviathan from a wide variety of angles.

Economy – 7.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 7.6
Technology – 4 + 1(ACT) = 5
Military – = 5.8 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.9
Population – 5.4 + 0.6(MRL) = 6
Infrastructure – 6.9 + 0.1(Rounding) + 1(ACT) = 8
Morale – (9)7 + 1(temp, -1/turn) – 1(INF) = 7

Shoruke’s Starforgers – | The Starforgers have contests with their new abilities. Despite being reported to PETA, they all have a great time.

Economy- 3
Tech- 3
Military- 2
Pop- 1.4 + 0.1(MRL) = 1.5
Infastructure – 3
Morale – 6 + 2(expires next turn) = 8

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | The Orks build more houses. (I find it bad that I immediately understood what you were saying.)

Economy – 4
Technology – 4
Military – 6
Population – 3.2 + 0.3(MRL) = 3.6
Infrastructure – 4 + 1(INF) = 5
Morale – (8)6 + 1(temp, -1/turn) + 1(INF) = 8

The Dead – | You imbue your boots with the runes of fire and earth. |You feel the power of the healing rune conflicting when the new runes, and the healing rune’s power fizzles out completely. |
(Two runes per item. Three is a bit risky, four is quite risky.)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 09, 2009, 06:15:44 pm »

Da Boss tellz da Head think boy ta tink up sumtin nice.

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 09, 2009, 06:20:43 pm »

The new night lights combined with the increasing confidence of the general population paves a way for a Colossal new night life! Clubs begin to open, mind-altering substances seem to appear in large quantities, and the mall opens 24-hours! If they're lucky, work might still even get done!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 09, 2009, 06:48:03 pm »

Navian, I want you to know that I love your party obsessed colossi culture.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 09, 2009, 06:50:35 pm »

The zefies will try to develop new alloys of steel, or possibly titanium. With the goal of having lighter, stronger armor.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 09, 2009, 06:53:32 pm »

alright I take my pick and my seal, and go to where it tells my the earths blood is directly below, and I dig down. meanwhile a new rune takes shape in my head, one that will allow me to bring the firey power to the surface for easy use.

(I don't suppose my legs are going to heal anytime soon?)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 09, 2009, 07:27:59 pm »

alright I take my pick and my seal, and go to where it tells my the earths blood is directly below, and I dig down. meanwhile a new rune takes shape in my head, one that will allow me to bring the firey power to the surface for easy use.

If you roll a 6 on a regeneration roll, they'll be elevated to bruised status.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 09, 2009, 07:38:49 pm »

Victory we can harness the power of the wind, now we need volunteers, who will be well paid, or at least their families well compensated. To test out using this wind harnessing concept in some form of personal guilder from the plateau edge. We'll probably need engineers to build this new device as well.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 09, 2009, 08:18:48 pm »

I'll reuse my turn from page 3 and institute a new draft for the army. A advertising blitz is launched that laudes it as the most exciting event in the history of Basinia.

Spoiler: Draft Poster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The New Army Crest (click to show/hide)
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 09, 2009, 08:30:54 pm »

I laughed out loud at "If you said yes to the first question". That was great.

The Starforgers are now going to attempt to do something actually productive with our relatively-newfound telekinetic awesomeness, and build some more buildings. Fairly tall buildings, for increased efficiency. (INF)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 09, 2009, 10:22:32 pm »

The Raiders of Rodinia (which, if searched for in google, points here in the third link) will work on advancing their infrastructure, by sponsoring a new chain of temples and other public structures.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 09, 2009, 10:57:31 pm »

There'sa link on page two for zefies. My map from boltcraft is second and third though.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2009, 02:36:04 pm »

If you roll a 6 on a regeneration roll, they'll be elevated to bruised status.

didn't even notice that regeneration check at the end.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 10, 2009, 07:36:32 pm »

rolls? Hopefully good ones for me?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 10, 2009, 08:48:40 pm »

R1ck - I Googled "Rodinia," instead of "Raiders of Rodinia."

Everybody else: Sorry, no update tonight. I just don't feel like doing the math tonight. I'll throw in a fake, non-canon turn (full of critical-failures) instead.

Da Head Thinky-Boy o' da Orks discovers nuclear fusion, and builds a few nukes. Oops.

The Colossi learn that eating wood gets them really high. Combined with the new mall, the Colossi civilization won't get anything else done for several generations.

The Zefies mine deep underground, and discover HFS.

The Zaniah invent hang-gliding. Nearly all of the engineers are killed while testing it.

The Basinian populace riots due to the newly instated draft. The angry mob causes a complete revolution, and the Basinian society is wiped out.

The Starforgers magically dig for new materials, and begin building new buildings. One of them finds a strange orb that aborbs all their magic.

The Raiders of Rodinia build several new temples. A series of monsoons soon destroys 3/4s of Rodinia.

Sombre - You devise a complex method by which you can get magma out of the ground safely and easily. You can pull it off with little trouble. Unfortunately, as you are putting the finishing touches on it, you have a fatal heart attack.

Once again, I wish to emphasize that this turn was a complete joke. There is no need to change your rolls based on anything that happened here.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28