Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 33 Endgame, DF style!  (Read 29206 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 12
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2009, 02:31:56 pm »

I know, but I probably would of gotten something like:

"The zefies give all their money to the ore, making 90% of the country's wealth concetrated in inanimate objects."
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2009, 05:37:16 pm »

The Bronze Colossi are thrilled at the strange lack of randomness in the world at this time. There is a great swell in interest for mathematical learning, attracting Colossi of all denominations and fractions!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2009, 05:38:31 pm »

Da boss kallz foar moar ORKZ!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2009, 06:48:12 pm »

(So is there some way to tell what roll we got that I'm unaware of? Or do we just guess by how much stat improvement we got?)

This magic stuff is tough. Alright, I'm going to attempt to simultaneously improve our magi-technology and morale by offering monetary rewards to anyone who manages to cook their food decently. Practice "food" can be obtained by purchasing animal traps, and catching an animal.

(bonus if you kill the animal with magic, without harming anything else)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2009, 03:44:48 am »

You do hover you cursor above the "|" right?  There's some pop up text that shows you your base roll, what bonuses were applied, you required roll for success, the difference between the two, and the type of success/failure you got (mild failure, good success...).  If you can't get the mouse-over text to come up, just right click on the | and go down to properties (unless you're using a mac, in which case God help you...)
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2009, 04:45:13 pm »

By god. Hidden ToolTips. I didn't know that one, thanks. Oh, and thanks for the roads R1ck. If we get some of this magic hullabaloo figured out by the time you get here we'll write on a scroll or something and give it to you.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 04:49:56 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of Civilizations - Turn 13
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2009, 09:09:10 pm »

Turn 12 has arrived. It was delayed because <inset generic excuse here>       

I think I shall start keeping track of the rolls at the top. 6, 6, 6, 5, 3, 3, 2, 2. Hmm, I have the strangest feeling that I'm forgetting something, even as I post this.

R1ck’s Basinians – | The Basinian workers begin constructing a massive road out to the Starforger city. It causes trade to flourish in both cities.

Economy – 3.3 + 1(ACT) + 0.1(Rounding) = 4.4
Technology – 2
Military – 1
Population – 2.1 + 0.1(MRL) = 2.2
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – 7

Frelock’s Raiders of Rodinia – | All young Rodinian boys are now taught from a young age everything they need to know about sailing, and how to survive if their ship is destroyed near an uncharted landmass. The program is hugely successful. It is, in fact, so successful, that any of these fine young boys are ready at a moments notice to aid in the defense of their city.

Economy – = 4
Technology – 4
Military – 3.7 + 0.1(Rounding) + 1.5 = 5.3
Population – 3.9 + 0.4(MRL) = 4.3
Infrastructure – 5
Morale – (9)6 + 2(-1/turn) =8
Bonus: +0.25 on defense

Shade’s Zaniah – | (I’m not actually sure what you wanted here.) The Zaniah engineers invent a “making things closer device” using specially curved circles of glass. There are clearly many uses for this, and it shall revolutionize daily life!

Economy – 5.5 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.6
Technology – 3 + 1(ACT) = 4
Military – 3.9 + 0.1(Rounding) = 4
Population – 4.1 + 0.1(MRL) = 4.2
Infrastructure – 5.5 + 0.1(Rounding)= 5.6
Morale – 6 + 1(INF) = 7

Strife26’s Zefies - | The Zefies discover that by letting fields lie fallow during parts of the year, their agricultural output is increased. One of their farmers discovers a strangely warm rock, which is given to Strife26. A not unimportant amount of Zefies die of a strange illness not long thereafter.

Economy – 5
Technology – 3 + 1(ACT) = 4
Military – 5.8 + 0.1(Rounding) = 5.9
Population – 3.6 + 0.2(MRL) – 0.5(ACT) = 3.1
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – (8)6 + 1(TEMP, expires at 1/turn) = 7

Navian’s Bronze Colossi – | The colossi attempt to improve their skills in mathematics. Several of them design a prototype “machine which throws rather large rocks a long way.” Unfortunately, it breaks during the testing, hurling a rock straight at the crowd of spectators. Surprisingly, nobody was harmed.

Economy – 4
Technology – 3
Military – 2
Population – 3.1 + 0.2(MRL) = 3.3
Infrastructure – 4.8 + 0.1(Rounding) = 4.9
Morale – (7)6 +1(INF) = 7

Warboss Org’s Boyz – | The Orks get tired of not having anything to fight, and a fairly large conflict breaks out amongst them. Many are slain.

Economy – 4
Technology – 3 – 1(Temp, 1 turns left)
Military – 4.6 + 0.1(Rounding) = 4.7
Population – 5 - 0.2(MRL) – 2(ACT) = 2.8
Infrastructure – 4
Morale – 4 + 1(INF) = 5

Shoruke’s Starforgers – | The Starforgers somehow manage to learn how to hunt and then cook their food with magic.

Economy- 2 + 1(R1ck) = 3
Tech- 2
Military- 1
Pop- 1
Infastructure – 1 + 1(ACT) = 2
Morale – 2 + 1(Return to normalcy) – 1(ACT, temp) + 1(INF) = 4

The Dead – | You create a magnificent shovel, and engrave it with a rune of earth. You feel that this could easily dig through any dirt. You feel hungry.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 09:18:07 pm by Nirur Torir »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2009, 09:11:55 pm »

Da boss kallz for moar orkz!

Why is it I lost 2 points of pop? Isnt that a bit....much?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2009, 09:14:51 pm »

You had a fairly large failure. -1.5 may have been -1 pop, and -0.5 wouldn't have had any penalty (other then a wasted turn).

Oops, that's what I'm forgetting. Navian had a mild failure, but I deducted stats. Consider it fixed.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2009, 09:28:21 pm »

Although no threats currently exist against Basinia, there's no telling what will happen in the future. Thus, I will have a top-secret military base constructed into a hill. There, young men will become magical ninjas.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2009, 09:40:04 pm »

Cannonicly, zefies are resistent to hard-radiation. They're tough little bastards.

The zefies start to look at medical research, with the aim of preventing the things that CAN kill them.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

SombreChapaeu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2009, 09:45:01 pm »

I go foraging/hunting.

Incidently you guys should watch out if I get to legendary runecrafter

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2009, 10:27:41 pm »

Now that our civilization is established and we have some kind of a grasp of how the hail this magic stuff works, we're going to focus on keeping ourselves safe.

Awesomely, we are now able to hunt animals with our magic. So our researchers will simply investigate ways to improve upon these techniques for use in combat.

(Since I don't know if the military stat is supposed to be 'the size of my military' or 'the strength of my military', or both, I am currently interpreting it as 'my ability to wage war'. If I'm misunderstanding this, just pretend I said something else and put my turn towards improving military please.)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2009, 01:08:42 am »

The Raiders of Rodinia will attempt to increase their economic stability, by the creation of a government-regulated banking system.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 01:16:28 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2009, 03:30:14 am »

We will build a military outpost near the village at the very edge of that plateau and affix multiple of these 'making things closer device' devices so our watchful scouts can give a warning of things approaching from below. This will promptly fail when we realise we can't see below the clouds from up here but I'm sure my engineers/wizard types can work out some kind of platform and pulley system or maybe dig a way to a cave below the cloud-line, something like that.... how hard can it be....
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28