Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59143 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #405 on: January 30, 2024, 02:42:26 pm »

ToonyMan: I'm weirdly hung up on him giving Supernatural as an example of his most recent scum game -- it's the true and correct answer to the question, but he was an SK and he said after the end of the game that he basically played D1 like town (see  this discord message), making it perhaps a poor choice if one wants to see what scum!Toony looks like (presumably the point of the question). I am definitely overweighing this but it's where my head is at. Otherwise good
Thanks for pointing that out, do you know of a better place to start reading for a good scum Toony example?
Sorry, BYOR16 would be a better example then.

I'd think mafia might want to kill you because of the apples alone, plus if you're not mafia, that's good enough too.  But why are you saying that if Toon is town, toon's life is more valuable than yours?
Toonyman is a better player than me.
Says who?

Also on a mechanical standpoint your role seems significantly more helpful than mine, since a lot of it is being a radar for Webadict.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 30, 2024, 02:44:29 pm »

Jack bad
Yes.

Does Webadict/Quarque look like a thing?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 30, 2024, 02:45:40 pm »

Jack bad
Yes.

Uh. Maybe? I hate going back and rereading, but the game's still kind of short so let me get back to you on that. That could be a weird one.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 30, 2024, 02:49:54 pm »

I'm willing to execute Sofanthiel for continuing to fluff his posts with goofy nonsense but I don't have a strong read on him yet.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 30, 2024, 02:50:24 pm »

FoU is required to have ideas, or gut instincts, or something.

Why?

Here's quotes from town FoU D2 of the last game.  I don't see skilled play here at all.

Where's the ideas, gut instincts, I presume 'good play' you seem to expect?

As for EP... I've seen EP do much better than FoU first day of having a town role - and do reasonable and effective as well, so my expectations are nearly opposite yours.

For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 30, 2024, 02:50:53 pm »

Uh. Maybe? I hate going back and rereading, but the game's still kind of short so let me get back to you on that. That could be a weird one.
Nah, I don't think I see it, their starting interactions don't look teamed to me unless HEAVILY scripted out.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 30, 2024, 02:51:55 pm »

First message in the game, Tric says the following:
another will die today If it's town, I get something nice. If it's mafia, well too bad for them.
Notice the first part!  Town deaths provide a favorable effect.  Mafia deaths are neutral in Tric's eyes; no mention of any positives.  I'm assuming that this post wasn't thoroughly thought through.  Eight posts later, EIGHT, Tric realizes that, "Hey, maybe everybody knowing the fact that my modus operandi is eliminating town hurts my chances of achieving that goal!"  Regardless of alignment, the only reasonable course of action in that case is to come up with some caveat/clarification that partially invalidates the original statement or makes it less significant.  That correction is:
If town gets lynched, I gain another shot.
I think that Tric is hiding the true nature of that mysterious "something nice" from us by portraying it as a basic recharge.

When will you admit you are aiming daykills around? I made my ability clear as day, where you smear your own in muddy words. Not a vote, but a gun aimed my way.
What's entertaining is that you quoted my message yet did not answer the lone question posed in it.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 30, 2024, 02:51:59 pm »

I am wary of overanalyzing FoU's behavior in a bizarre bastard game

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 30, 2024, 02:56:10 pm »

another will die today If it's town, I get something nice. If it's mafia, well too bad for them.
Notice the first part!  Town deaths provide a favorable effect.  Mafia deaths are neutral in Tric's eyes; no mention of any positives.  I'm assuming that this post wasn't thoroughly thought through.  Eight posts later, EIGHT, Tric realizes that, "Hey, maybe everybody knowing the fact that my modus operandi is eliminating town hurts my chances of achieving that goal!"  Regardless of alignment, the only reasonable course of action in that case is to come up with some caveat/clarification that partially invalidates the original statement or makes it less significant.  That correction is:
I think that Tric is hiding the true nature of that mysterious "something nice" from us by portraying it as a basic recharge.

When will you admit you are aiming daykills around? I made my ability clear as day, where you smear your own in muddy words. Not a vote, but a gun aimed my way.
What's entertaining is that you quoted my message yet did not answer the lone question posed in it.
I find it extremely silly to hyperanalyze the wording of someone's first post of the game. I appreciate the lack of goofy nonsense, but I think you're constructing a castle on a cloud here, Sofanthiel

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 30, 2024, 02:57:19 pm »

I don't think Tric's that dumb, honestly. I could definitely see him angling for another SK-like role again, though, but that's not gonna be my priority here.

I am wary of overanalyzing FoU's behavior in a bizarre bastard game
The best examples of town Fallacy I currently remember are BYOR 16, Proc Gen Mafia, and Beginner BYOR 2. Both of the last two are particularly good examples of his poor town play being used against him. They look a lot like this.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 30, 2024, 02:58:16 pm »

@Imp:

Great.  Incredibly helpful for many reasons.  I really appreciate the information you share, and

Also on a mechanical standpoint your role seems significantly more helpful than mine, since a lot of it is being a radar for Webadict.

A lot of people don't full claim D1.  You're probably great radar in general, and have other value.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 30, 2024, 03:04:13 pm »

Yeah.  Except there's even better ways to hide it.

I think Tric is honest here about the way the vote stuff works, because that's highly visible.  We know who we elim today, and if that elim set should recharge Tric's oneshot or not.  If Tric's around for D2, then we get to see if Tric does expected things or not.

I'm now trying to imaging if I was gonna use a 'two die today' power on D1, and what I might say about it, as town or scum or third party.

I think what Tric has said about how the power works is NAI.

Subnote, Tric did claim this was Tric's only power, then claimed having an item that allows for inspections of what was used, sphere-wise, on someone who has died, which sounds like an ability to me (items are abilities, I think).  But that's not really a 'oh, you are scum!' kinda lie, if it is properly called a lie, in these circumstances.

So I look at the rest of what Tric's said so far, the total package.  And I remember, if I think Tric's scum with that double elim, I can help make sure Tric's one of the ones that die today.

Whatcha think of the whole of Tric's behavior so far, sof?  What stands out as alignment indicative, and/or other goals and interests Tric seems to have?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 30, 2024, 03:06:07 pm »

Sof. Why is bad things happening to mafia not a positive in your eyes?
Also, you asked a question? That sounded more like a statement. Or a rhetorical. How else do I get people to..

Did you say follow?

Yeah, listen to, and go along with. Have you met TricMagic sof? I ca't really answer what type of leading I do given I'm mostly watching and pointing out flaws. I make my own conclusions, just as others do, and votes come together to lynch the scummiest person.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 30, 2024, 03:08:30 pm »

To add onto this at third glance. Why would I need to clarify that? I could have left it in the dark, but that doesn't help my wincon does it? Mafia tries to shoot me, I die, and that leaves the rest of town around. Not that it seems like mafia ever kills me.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 30, 2024, 03:10:52 pm »

another will die today. As noted, I made that red. If you believe my words, that is a requirement to activate the double lynch. If you believe my words, you know that you have a daykill, and perhaps other abilities. You can't hide that sort of stuff, as right now there is a good chance the bible kills Toony from your day kill, no matter who you target with it..
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 153