Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35341 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 2, start!
« Reply #360 on: January 11, 2024, 09:16:23 pm »

Fallacy: I'm afraid your town flip is not going to give us any info.  Practically everyone is either voting you, or thinking very hard about voting you.
If thy be mislynched, then we'll all share the blame.

I'm kinda hoping they're jester of the sort that doesn't prevent other wins, (so they win and it only cost town 1 lynch, town can still hopefully win), or are a webadict lyncher (because that makes sense if they're choosing to be super obvious).

They could be scum, but this is a weird set of ploys.  They could be town but this looks odd too for town.  I'm just maximally spun on this one.

But not sure how I share the blame in the lynch, if it happens (as I think is likely).  I'm trying to sort this out and get info for later days.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 11, 2024, 09:16:32 pm »

You don't have to disclose all of your intentions. Just the ones you have in the event that I die and flip as Town.
If you turn out to be vanilla town, the logical conclusion would be that the bloodsucker is still at large, and I don't wish to enlarge the already non-minuscule target on my forehead.  Do not fret, however, for, in that case, you will be thoroughly and violently avenged!
Okay, you don't have to disclose all the intentions you have in the event that I die and flip as town, just the intentions you have for the next Day in the event that I die and flip as town.

You can afford to disgorge that much, right?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 11, 2024, 09:19:30 pm »

You're not actually at that many votes right now, and I don't have one, and even if I did, mine's still chilling on Crystal, but it doesn't really matter where it goes.

They're actually L-1, I think, because with 7 in play and 6 votes in play... 4 votes is it, right?

This appears to be the current votecount.

Already on it.

The present votecount appears to be:
CrystalizedMire (0):
EuchreJack (0):
FallacyofUrist (3): CrystalizedMire, notquitethere, sofanthiel,
Imp (0):
notquitethere (2): Imp, EuchreJack
sofanthiel (0):
webadict (1): FallacyofUrist*

In the event of a tie, Fallacy will be lynched for always being scum.

So, unless Fal hammers themself, or Jack flips up to them... I won't hold up the game by refusing to hammer, and it's not impossible Fal's scum.  But they're not high in my suspicions for anti-town.  This isn't someone trying to live, at all.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 11, 2024, 09:22:09 pm »

Urgh, come on, it's

CrystalizedMire (0):
EuchreJack (0):
FallacyofUrist (3): CrystalizedMire, notquitethere, sofanthiel
Imp (0):
notquitethere (2): Imp, EuchreJack
sofanthiel (0):
webadict (1): FallacyofUrist*

Follow the established conventions!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 11, 2024, 09:24:15 pm »

You don't have to disclose all of your intentions. Just the ones you have in the event that I die and flip as Town.
If you turn out to be vanilla town, the logical conclusion would be that the bloodsucker is still at large, and I don't wish to enlarge the already non-minuscule target on my forehead.  Do not fret, however, for, in that case, you will be thoroughly and violently avenged!
Okay, you don't have to disclose all the intentions you have in the event that I die and flip as town, just the intentions you have for the next Day in the event that I die and flip as town.

You can afford to disgorge that much, right?
*Puts on Teacher's Hat*
Ok kids, today in Forum Mafia 101, we will be studying "Appeals to Emotions" or ATE.  Above is a prime example of an Appeal to Emotion. It inspires to trigger a sympathetic emotional reaction. However, the player FallacyofUrist has miscalculated. Since sofanthiel has no emotions, the strategem of "Appeal to Emotions" is unlikely to succeed.
*Removes Teacher's Hat*

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 11, 2024, 09:26:29 pm »

Oh God Almighty, Unknowable and All-Powerful, how long doeth thee bless us with the sunlight which indicates to us humble forumites the concept of "Day"?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 11, 2024, 09:26:39 pm »

*Removes Teacher's Hat*

I think Fal's point was more how scummy it will make sof (and others, maybe) look.

Fal, much better to spell it out, especially if you have thoughts to share.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 11, 2024, 09:27:30 pm »

*Puts on Teacher's Hat*
Ok kids, today in Forum Mafia 101, we will be studying "Appeals to Emotions" or ATE.  Above is a prime example of an Appeal to Emotion. It inspires to trigger a sympathetic emotional reaction. However, the player FallacyofUrist has miscalculated. Since sofanthiel has no emotions, the strategem of "Appeal to Emotions" is unlikely to succeed.
*Removes Teacher's Hat*

Actually, that's not the intent.

I'm trying to show how unreasonable sofanthiel is being. 'What will you do if I flip town' is a basic question that comes up a lot across the mafiaverse.

Even after I narrowed it down, he's refusing to answer entirely.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 11, 2024, 09:28:01 pm »

Oh God Almighty, Unknowable and All-Powerful, how long doeth thee bless us with the sunlight which indicates to us humble forumites the concept of "Day"?

Just in case this effort pleases the Almighty One, and/or saves them a few keystrokes:

The deacon is nowhere to be seen, but you all feel confident that you will be called upon to make another choice. You have 48 hours, until 5 PM (1700) on January 12, Eastern Standard Time.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 11, 2024, 09:29:01 pm »

1700 EST tomorrow, like I said.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 11, 2024, 09:36:08 pm »

*Puts on Teacher's Hat*
*Removes Teacher's Hat*

I'm trying to show how unreasonable sofanthiel is being. 'What will you do if I flip town' is a basic question that comes up a lot across the mafiaverse.

But, you're being equally as unreasonable.  Your scumteams are composed of only people that are voting you, and your scenarios don't make any sense.  I'd consider you a jester, but you haven't hammered yourself.

So, do you care what I think or not?  Do you want my help or not?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 11, 2024, 09:37:36 pm »

Guys, I dont think fallacy is a jester. Rather, I fhink ghey are paranoid scum whos partner is banished.
she/her

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 11, 2024, 09:38:27 pm »

Look, I understand you are new to this whole "not being scum" thing, so I will explain something: Not everyone is scum.
Some people are just stupid. It's actually a fairly typical town trait.

Since you're new, I'm going to try and create a reads list from your point of view. Please correct anything that is inaccurate.
Town top, Scum bottom.
Most town: NQT
Imp
TricMagic
EuchreJack
sofanthiel
CrystalizedMire
Webadict is definitely scum to you

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 11, 2024, 09:40:01 pm »

@Webadict: That is not quite accurate. In fact, if Fallacy would just vote NQT who is currently voting them, it might clear up a few things.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 11, 2024, 09:42:09 pm »

1700 EST tomorrow, like I said.
Praise be!  The Almighty hath answered our prayers and bestowed us with words most sage!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 76