Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35357 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 2, start!
« Reply #300 on: January 11, 2024, 05:09:04 pm »

Also, if you saw my role, you would understand why both options are dumb, and I'm fucked either way.

Anyway, that doesn't really undermine that Fallacy still considers about half the Town scum in a game with 9 players.

Yeah, I'm confused on a bunch of fronts.  Why claim survivor, and not any flavor of town, and at this time?

Also, you've played, and ran, a lot of these games.  If someone flips and they're survivor - and it's not you - what should the rest of us do?  There's only 9 to start, one dead town showing.  One person seems banished.  How many third parties could we have, should we expect you're the only one?
Not sure.  Could there be more than 1 Survivor?  I'm currently under the impression that human is Town, because...

webadict, did you come back a human or something else?
... The answer is no.

Webadict: Do you still believe it was someone who revived and not the game?
Not sure, but I'm leaning towards no.  I assumed it was another person because when I saw the role flip, I assumed people got their roles at the end of the Day and that's how the actions worked.  Looking at the other claims, it appears that people didn't know what their Actions did, which makes it possible we all started as Vanilla Town.  I don't think anyone would think to target me in that case, which makes the existence of a Reincarnator possible.  It's possible that the execution caused it, but if that's the case, it may well have only happened because I was a Vanilla Town.  The last possibility I came up with is that my Role was some type of self-Reincarnator, and while Max said it was a possibility when I asked him, I didn't get any firm answers on if I was or wasn't.

Those are the only three possibilities I came up with.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 11, 2024, 05:11:56 pm »

EBWOP:  I don't think anyone would think to target me in that case, which makes the existence of a Reincarnator possible but unlikely.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 11, 2024, 05:14:57 pm »

As uncertain as I feel about nqt's intentions, he couldn't've been the one to kill Quarque tonight.  Was it excessive to put so much focus on a line of flavor text?  I am out of the tunnel now, my vision is clear, and we have bigger fish to pressure-cook.  Like Fallacy, for example!

Do you think Qua's sanctuary had nothing to do with Qua's death?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 11, 2024, 05:26:15 pm »

I can't stop y'all from executing me, just make sure to vote out webadict the next day.

If I revive, don't trust a thing I say.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 11, 2024, 05:29:46 pm »

EBWOP:  I don't think anyone would think to target me in that case, which makes the existence of a Reincarnator possible but unlikely.

Hey, if you had not died before getting this role you now have, and if this role is exactly what it is now, would you still call it cursed?

I'm also thinking, not having a vote is pretty big price to pay.  For what else instead?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 11, 2024, 05:34:14 pm »

I can't stop y'all from executing me, just make sure to vote out webadict the next day.

If I revive, don't trust a thing I say.

If you're town, person I think really highly of, town needs more from you.  If there's neutrals, there may not be that many town to risk losing.

Any chance you'll think about it, and if you're not already doing your best, do your best?

Why'd you even refuse to explore what I asked you about involving your ideas about nqt/sof stuff, and if Qua's sanctuary might be in play?

Why are you acting like a 'vanilla town aka lyncher of webadict'?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 11, 2024, 05:37:47 pm »

webadict is behaviorally the scummiest player here. I don't think we'll get much out of role interaction discussions, it's a bastard game.

I could be wrong, but I don't have the brain space to pursue every single thread of the thread.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 11, 2024, 05:43:12 pm »

Fallacy, once you flip, will God pass down a message stating that you were simply a mere vanilla-flavored human town resident all along?
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 11, 2024, 05:43:44 pm »

s/God/GOD!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 11, 2024, 05:44:38 pm »

Hypothesis: Town will likely converge on Fallacy unless Fallacy himself can direct a case on someone else. Web is a no-go.
If anyone thinks Web is scum, answer this question: Who is Web's partner?

Well, Fal, let me direct your attention here.

Got any additional ideas?  Your brain... your mind... I still think really highly of you.  Though I accept you get to make any and all choices you decide to make.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 11, 2024, 05:47:30 pm »

webadict is behaviorally the scummiest player here. I don't think we'll get much out of role interaction discussions, it's a bastard game.

I could be wrong, but I don't have the brain space to pursue every single thread of the thread.
It does make sense you think that webadict is suspicious, I think they're teh second most suspicious here. However, this doesn't mean that you are town. Afterall, you saw me tunnel into Imp last game. I can tell you are tunnelling because you think I'm being defensive about webadict even though I really only made one post defending them.
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 11, 2024, 05:53:56 pm »

Hey, if you had not died before getting this role you now have, and if this role is exactly what it is now, would you still call it cursed?

I'm also thinking, not having a vote is pretty big price to pay.  For what else instead?
Yeah, probably.  Having a vote makes winning about 50x easier.

You've said that, but you're using faulty logic, and you're still ignoring that I couldn't've killed Quarque.  Again, if you're afraid of a Cult Leader, why would you vote me, someone without a vote, who didn't kill, and didn't convert myself?  Like, that's weird, right?  It's a wasted vote.

Basically, it implies you're worried about people being converted or coming back to life, but not people being killed.  You see the problem with that line of thinking, no?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 11, 2024, 06:39:01 pm »

I think a vote on NQT might prove valuable.

It also allows Fallacy to fulfill my prediction:
Hypothesis: Town will likely converge on Fallacy unless Fallacy himself can direct a case on someone else.

Because if Fallacy joins me in voting NQT, then convinces one other player to vote NQT, then NQT will be lynched instead of Fallacy. Otherwise...
In the event of a tie, Fallacy will be lynched for always being scum.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 11, 2024, 06:48:42 pm »

Why NQT?
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 76