Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35347 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 2, start!
« Reply #315 on: January 11, 2024, 07:13:15 pm »

[1] You've said that, but you're using faulty logic, and you're still ignoring that I couldn't've killed Quarque.  Again, if you're afraid of a Cult Leader, why would you vote me, someone without a vote, who didn't kill, and didn't convert myself?  Like, that's weird, right?  It's a wasted vote.

[2] Basically, it implies you're worried about people being converted or coming back to life, but not people being killed.  You see the problem with that line of thinking, no?

[1]: Obviously you didn't kill Quarque. The SK killed Quarque. Executing you should reveal that the cult leader exists.

[2]: You can spell it out for me if you want to.

Because if Fallacy joins me in voting NQT, then convinces one other player to vote NQT, then NQT will be lynched instead of Fallacy. Otherwise...

The problem with that is that I think NQT is town. In fact, he's my highest townpick.

I'd rather get executed myself than have NQT die. Since I'm vanilla town, his role is almost certainly more valuable. I'm sacrificial.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 11, 2024, 07:25:14 pm »

The problem with that is that I think NQT is town. In fact, he's my highest townpick.

I'd rather get executed myself than have NQT die. Since I'm vanilla town, his role is almost certainly more valuable. I'm sacrificial.

Then you can maybe help future days by exploring that idea I asked about, your thoughts about the whole nqt/sof thing and what do you think about the ways Qua may have used that sanctuary power, and the fact of Qua's death.

See, nqt is currently my highest scum concern, and while that concern remains, I'm probably not voting web tomorrow either.

So if you can help solve this for me, that might achieve some of your other goals.

Course, if you just handwave it, I'll just not be convinced.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 11, 2024, 07:27:33 pm »

Failing that, helping me see nqt from your perspective, whatever it is that makes him your top townpick, that might also have some value.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 11, 2024, 07:34:19 pm »

Failing that, helping me see nqt from your perspective, whatever it is that makes him your top townpick, that might also have some value.

Good analysis in posts 258 and 260. (Less so 261, but at least his scumread of me looks genuine, as opposed to web's.)

Being forthright and up front with his action claim in post 149.

Support of Quarque back on Day 1 in post 130.

Good guesswork in post 89.

Of course, this could just be cover for someone more aware of the setup from the get-go, but the fact that his arguments appear to be made in good faith as opposed to web's more unjustified attack makes me prefer him.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 11, 2024, 07:40:37 pm »

Thank you.

Does anyone else appear to be scum to you, besides web, at this time?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 11, 2024, 07:44:51 pm »

I think Crystalizedmire revived web, based on her sheeping and defense of web. Medium-high confidence.

I think EuchreJack or sofanthiel killed Quarque. Low confidence.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 11, 2024, 07:50:44 pm »

I think Crystalizedmire revived web, based on her sheeping and defense of web. Medium-high confidence.

I claimed Tricmagic was banished before Maximum Spin realized his mistake so I couldn't have done anything else. Why sofanthiel? I could understand being suspicious of EuchreJack but sofanthiel was roleblocked.
she/her

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 11, 2024, 07:52:04 pm »

What is your theory under which sofanthiel killed Quarque?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 11, 2024, 07:53:15 pm »

notquitethere would have to be wrong about the roleblock.

I said low confidence. It's not something I've dug into.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 11, 2024, 07:56:13 pm »

Presuming CM revived web, do you have a theory for how/why TM ended up elsewhere?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 11, 2024, 07:57:13 pm »

And just generally for everyone, do I seem off base to think the bolded, italics, underlined stuff may be related to Qua's death?

Parson

(Night) Sanctuary (target): You jailkeep your target, protecting against spiritual threats. If your target would die by mundane means, you die instead. If your target attempted to perform a kill action, you find out; if the kill is one against which this action would not protect, you die.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 11, 2024, 07:59:05 pm »

Presuming CM revived web, do you have a theory for how/why TM ended up elsewhere?

He could've banished himself, honestly.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 11, 2024, 07:59:51 pm »

And just generally for everyone, do I seem off base to think the bolded, italics, underlined stuff may be related to Qua's death?

Parson

(Night) Sanctuary (target): You jailkeep your target, protecting against spiritual threats. If your target would die by mundane means, you die instead. If your target attempted to perform a kill action, you find out; if the kill is one against which this action would not protect, you die.
While not unlikely, I genuinely don't think we can gain any important info because Quarque likely targeted blindly.

He could've banished himself, honestly.
And how would I know?
she/her

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 11, 2024, 08:00:51 pm »

I claimed Tricmagic was banished before Maximum Spin realized his mistake so I couldn't have done anything else. Why sofanthiel? I could understand being suspicious of EuchreJack but sofanthiel was roleblocked.
Imp, I think we have Crystal's claim. I had missed that myself. Fallacy probably has to re-evaluate.

Speaking of which:
Fallacy, would you mind creating a reads-list? I'm having trouble following your reads on players.

Parson

Not at all. It's why I'm voting NQT.  I assume NQT attempted to kill sof, Quarque used sanctuary on sof, then NQT claimed very quickly in fear they were tracked.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 11, 2024, 08:02:32 pm »

@Fallacy: Crystalizedmire just claimed to banish Tric, not revive Web.

@Crystalizedmire: Please advise if you were claiming anything differently.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 76