Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 92004 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Time Drags On...
« Reply #270 on: June 30, 2018, 11:31:01 am »

Current-
VOTECOUNT:
*[0] hector13:
*[0] Starver:
*[0] blueturtle1134:
[5] TricMagic: juicebox, BlackHeartKabal, hector13, Maximum Spin, Moony
*[0] IcyTea31:
*[4] BlackHeartKabal: blueturtle1134, TricMagic, IcyTea31
*[0] juicebox:
*[0] MoonyTheHuman:
*[0] mightymushroom:
*[1] darkwarlock3: mightymushroom
*[0] Maximum Spin:

And that's another near useless post. The only difference is you've overextended Moony. Finally..~

That's against your wait and see attitude you know. You've finally made a move.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 30, 2018, 11:39:15 am »

Ah.. Still, nothing from moony though.. Go ahead and talk.
Well i have plenty from you. Thanks for all the posts  :D

Anyone have any idea why TricMagic is so fixated on me? Lurkers are lurkers, and i'm not the only one, but they are FIXED on trying to make me post more, when plenty of people have posted less than me.

I've been trying to get you to participate. What do you have on me, and can you convince everyone else?

On that note, on to the second.

Juice has been posting somewhat, and we do have his vote on me near the beginning. You on the other hand, simply said this was slowly turning into Pacifist Mafia. I quoted that and voted for BHK then to make the count 2.

When BHK finally posted, it was with a list I deconstructed, and was very similar to another. He also is voting for me because I'm Miller, and no other reasons have been forthcoming. Those are the oldest Votes on me right now.

Checking for the Ninja- None, so I can continue.

Warlock has been busy, but he did finally post after so long. We don't really have much from him. You on the other hand, have posted, and posted, and posted again. And yet...

We don't have anything on you. You seem to be posting, just to post. As if to say, I'm here.

I'm going through to pick up quotes now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 30, 2018, 11:49:22 am »

Short update, that should be 3, not 4, against BHK. Lynch number is 6.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Evil's Afoot!
« Reply #273 on: June 30, 2018, 12:04:08 pm »

Short break for lunch, up to BHK's list on the quotes.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #274 on: June 30, 2018, 12:25:41 pm »

Ah.. Still, nothing from moony though.. Go ahead and talk.
Well i have plenty from you. Thanks for all the posts  :D

Anyone have any idea why TricMagic is so fixated on me? Lurkers are lurkers, and i'm not the only one, but they are FIXED on trying to make me post more, when plenty of people have posted less than me.

I've been trying to get you to participate. What do you have on me, and can you convince everyone else?

On that note, on to the second.

Juice has been posting somewhat, and we do have his vote on me near the beginning. You on the other hand, simply said this was slowly turning into Pacifist Mafia. I quoted that and voted for BHK then to make the count 2.

When BHK finally posted, it was with a list I deconstructed, and was very similar to another. He also is voting for me because I'm Miller, and no other reasons have been forthcoming. Those are the oldest Votes on me right now.

Checking for the Ninja- None, so I can continue.

Warlock has been busy, but he did finally post after so long. We don't really have much from him. You on the other hand, have posted, and posted, and posted again. And yet...

We don't have anything on you. You seem to be posting, just to post. As if to say, I'm here.

I'm going through to pick up quotes now.
Nothing. Yet. Looks like everyone else has had it with you, however.
Like i said, i got the info from you i wanted, and you know perfectly well other lurkers are lurking more than me. why not try and make THEM participate instead.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 30, 2018, 01:25:43 pm »

Moony has a point, Tric. You’ve consistently battered your head against that wall of trying to get him to post, when there are other people to pester.

I mean, you say you’re trying to get him to participate, but you’re not putting any oomph behind those efforts ie voting for him. In my experience, it’s more effective than incessantly posting “talk, please”.

However:

Moony (potentially an interim vote, depending on the response)

Nothing. Yet...
Like i said, i got the info from you i wanted...

Post edited by me, for relevant bits.

You say you got what it was you wanted from Tric, and evidently that was enough for you to vote for him, yet you don’t think that you have anything to convince other people to go with you on that, correct?

Assuming yes, what was it that you wanted?

What was it that convinced you to break your vow of “wait and see” to drop your vote on him?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 30, 2018, 01:27:15 pm »

I guess I can throw in another question, seeing as I don’t know if I’ll be around to ask it before I forget deadline:

Why did you think that wasn’t enough to convince anyone else to vote for him?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 30, 2018, 01:32:32 pm »

You ninja'd me on page 11 hector. This is going to be a big post, and I'll probably break it up. But it is my thesis.

Currently going over this-BHK for Dinner
Quite literally, there's plenty here to talk about. List comparison is done if you want that bit.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 30, 2018, 01:37:41 pm »

T’be perfectly honest I’d rather you drop a reads list, and try to sort any nulls on the list into either town or scum. BHK has found his hill to die on, and Moony is being weird, so I think you need to focus on someone else for the time being.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 30, 2018, 01:44:44 pm »

We've got a while yet, a bit over 1 day. If I don't do this now, it won't get done.

Will drop my read list after though, and pretty quick.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 30, 2018, 01:49:22 pm »

We’ve got ‘til Tuesday, weekends don’t count toward deadlines here ;)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 30, 2018, 02:21:31 pm »

I bring to you Mafia: Free of Fluff  Part 1 of 3

Hm. One the one hand, bandwagoning someone when an explicit part of the reasoning is that person having bandwagoned someone else is a little off. On the other hand, TricMagic actually does look suspicious.

Ehhhhh, I'll go for it, TricMagic, but if he(?) flips town, I've got your number, turtle. :P

To be fair, he's still likely to flip town. This is still random vote stage. Brace for disappointment.

And his reasoning was bandwagon?

If it's random votes you want: BlackHeartKabal, please come out of the woodwork and say hi.

this is slowly becoming pacifist mafia

This will not do. Vote BlackHeartKabel

Seems to me like Icy voted BlackHeart because he was lurking and Tric voted him with no good reason other than a reference to an earlier post about this being pacifist mafia. Neither person referenced bandwagoning, correct me if I'm wrong.
Probably should have quoted both? IcyTea, Moony, and TricMagic Posts. I voted because of you saying it was becoming Pacifist Mafia, so It could technically be the start of a bandwagon. RVS piled on one person to make them come out and post. Post again BHK. And soon.

IcyTea's old list After he changed his vote to me.
These are first impressions, based on very incomplete data. They are very much subject to change as I learn more.

hector13: Slight town. Scumhunting, but not as actively as my meta of one game would expect.
Starver: Third-party. Asking to be visited is a soft giveaway, and is suspicious but not quite scummy in my mind.
blueturtle1134: Town. Started a not-too-suspicious wagon, though I have some reservations.
TricMagic: Scum. Claims both miller and gunsmith and hasn't yet defended against accusations. I would like to hear more of them, as a brilliant jester is a possibility.
IcyTea31: Myself. Can't say a lot here, except that I'm town.
BlackHeartKabal: Null. Still lurking.
juicebox: Slight scum. Under the radar; has posted several times, but only to defend themself and to claim that at this point we need a 'good reason' to vote for someone.
MoonyTheHuman: Null. Under the radar, with little content.
mightymushroom: Town. Logical and focused play.
darkwarlock3: Null. Still lurking.
Maximum Spin: Strong town. Scumhunting, with jokes to make it less obvious.
He unvotes me due to the above Post from MM a few posts later.

Here's my post right after that.
Maybe in 7 player games, but you try convincing everyone. I just let them do the convincing, and so they may slip up trying to lynch me.

Not like I have a problem being voted off... So long as everyone talks.

Also, I am still waiting for BlackHeart to show up and post. He's still not here despite it being Wednesday. Show up already! We only have about 1 more day!
Vote is still on BHK as the only vote.

Oh, god, this started, my apologies. Let me read the thread.
This comes after that post.(Spoiler=He doesn't seem to have actually read the whole thing properly.)
8:50:12 vs 01:04:04 time stamp for his first two posts.

Fun little quote against moony's strategy.{It's totally okay to say little to nothing~}(Sarcasm)
Maybe in 7 player games, but you try convincing everyone. I just let them do the convincing, and so they may slip up trying to lynch me.

Not like I have a problem being voted off... So long as everyone talks.

You would really be addressing the 5 or so who were voting you.
And if you want people talking, why not spread some ideas or get all logical up in their faces?
It seems we have a similar sense of humor; but I dislike the hypocrisy of, "I want to watch other people talking therefore it's okay for me to say little."

If I were not waiting on hector13 and mulling over how easily I pushed IcyTea off your wagon that might have pulled me onto it.
Green is the part I highlighted. May talk more about this at the bottom.

I Unvoted BHK at 11:33:48 am, just over 1 and a half hours before BHK's List...

Now to the list.
Right.

hector13: Town. Not as active as I'd expect, but that doesn't mean much.
Starver: Null. The asking to visit is odd, but that could mean anything.
blueturtle1134: Slight town. They aren't scum, I feel, and there isn't much against them.
TricMagic: Miller, huh?
IcyTea31: Null. They have observations, but nothing conclusive.
juicebox: Scum. I'd probably vote them, if not for Tric's miller claim.
MoonyTheHuman: Null. Maybe a bit lurky.
mightymushroom: Strong town. Very involved.
darkwarlock3: Null. Not a lot to work with, huh?
Maximum Spin: Town. They're focused on scumhunting, and would probably be a good choice to take charge of things.

I'm not one for the chaos of Day 1, but Tric's behavior tells me that they're a good D1 lynch, and we do need some info.

Moving on to my deconstruction, and a reminder of your.. Contributions...

Right, two things first.

i did a little work on the poem; My conclusion was this: It was probably designed to waste our time
Thanks fallacy :P
this is slowly becoming pacifist mafia

The Sum Contribution of Moony.

And second, we are still missing someone. May the true darkwarlock3 step up, and, I don't know, POST?

Also, let me pick apart your reasoning..

Right.

Why is he a town read? Your reason here doesn't make sense. Neutral makes a lot more sense than this in the context.

...Look below on my opinion on this,

blueturtle1134: Slight town. They aren't scum, I feel, and there isn't much against them.
Town is correct here, but slight? Setting hector13 as Town when you said "Not as active as I'd expect, but that doesn't mean"is very suspicious. Turtle has been active.

Also Gunsmith apparently.. Can't speak in my defense, but it is data against you.

In regards to your list? Sure! He did put me on his list apparently, for a bit. What does this say that you also pick me as mafia?

Let's see, Jester claim early on, says in the same post that they think I'm Scum.. Grab the quote-
Well first I'd like to say that I am a jester

Secondly, TricMagic is scum, town would never offer an SK a gun.
He later on claims him claiming Jester does not matter cause it was a joke...

Lurky Lurky.

Little of Column A, little of Column B. I wouldn't say strong, but town is a good read.

Wasn't much to work with on you either. Where you've been?(Actually curious)

Maximum Spin: Town. They're focused on scumhunting, and would probably be a good choice to take charge of things.
Sure they are. (SR joke buddies for all) As is, He jumped on my bandwagon. As in on me..
Fun fact, he hasn't posted in a while, and his vote on me is still sitting there as the 3rd.
(It's shifted back and forth, but vote 3 is more of a bandwagon move than vote 2 at 11 players)

I'm not one for the chaos of Day 1, but Tric's behavior tells me that they're a good D1 lynch, and we do need some info.
How am I a good lynch anyway, this is the first major deconstruction I've done Day 1.

Now for the Starver bit. You seem to be taking the beginning claims a bit far. Beyond that, he has said he's likely to keep his vote day 1.
I would either put him as Town saving his vote, or Mafia asking to exercise his power. This second bit could also be a town thing.

At the very least... The main reason I put it down here was the read on hector. I've been addressing them from top down. Now to see if there are any ninjas about.

Two of them. Noted MM. Also a hector, which is more than I can say for the warlock.

This is going to be one word wall, but comparison is a must.
It shall be IcyTea, BHK, then my quote, in that order, followed by notes.

First hector.
hector13: Slight town. Scumhunting, but not as actively as my meta of one game would expect.
Why is he a town read? Your reason here doesn't make sense. Neutral makes a lot more sense than this in the context.

Slight town was upgraded to town.

Starver-
Starver: Third-party. Asking to be visited is a soft giveaway, and is suspicious but not quite scummy in my mind.
No comment in main part. Bottom comment was-
Now for the Starver bit. You seem to be taking the beginning claims a bit far. Beyond that, he has said he's likely to keep his vote day 1.
I would either put him as Town saving his vote, or Mafia asking to exercise his power. This second bit could also be a town thing.

Third-party scummy was upgraded to null. Mine refutes due to the jokey nature of the beginnings. And Starver still hasn't voted today.

blueturtle-
blueturtle1134: Town. Started a not-too-suspicious wagon, though I have some reservations.

Town is correct here, but slight? Setting hector13 as Town when you said "Not as active as I'd expect, but that doesn't mean"is very suspicious. Turtle has been active.

Downgrade to slight town here. Different just to be different seems to be the trend.

TricMagic-
TricMagic: Scum. Claims both miller and gunsmith and hasn't yet defended against accusations. I would like to hear more of them, as a brilliant jester is a possibility.

]color=red[TricMagic]/color[: Miller, huh?
Also Gunsmith apparently.. Can't speak in my defense, but it is data against you.

We've went through the whole modified miller bit later. And BHK just votes here with only that to say... It has not shifted an inch since then.(Color code changed to prevent self voting.)
Should also be noted that it's nearly the same as declaring me to be scum.. What type of logic is this?

IcyTea-
In regards to your list? Sure! He did put me on his list apparently, for a bit. What does this say that you also pick me as mafia?
Fun'Fun' 
This is a null read just to say it is. Can't just agree with the guy you copy off of, can you. Despite your vote against me, when Juice was the only one left, and that from the beginning.
How is a list, not conclusive to their own findings? Which you seem to have copied from.

BHK-
BHK's not on his own list.. Na'-ni...?
Since he's not on his own list, I can't really reply either.

Juicebox-
juicebox: Slight scum. Under the radar; has posted several times, but only to defend themself and to claim that at this point we need a 'good reason' to vote for someone.
Let's see, Jester claim early on, says in the same post that they think I'm Scum.. Grab the quote-
Quote from: juicebox on June 25, 2018, 08:46:48 pm
Well first I'd like to say that I am a jester

Secondly, TricMagic is scum, town would never offer an SK a gun.
He later on claims him claiming Jester does not matter cause it was a joke...

Downgraded to Scum, says he'll vote if it wasn't for a policy lynch against the Miller. Right...
Not the best thing to say in the same post you vote said Miller.
Not much to say, they both have votes on me, and BHK never explained why he's on the wagon with the his Scum-read. Just that I'm the Miller, that's his only reason. "Hua..." Once more, where has the Logic gone..

Moony-
Lurky Lurky.

No change on this one, only a bit he says... BHK, I literally put my neck out to get him to vote, and he still doesn't try and persuade anyone.
Reminder: Check for Moon Ninja after this count.

MM-
Little of Column A, little of Column B. I wouldn't say strong, but town is a good read.

Still is a good read, but another upgrade here. This is still confusing, they're so Similar to each other, these reads.

DarkWarlock-
Wasn't much to work with on you either. Where you've been?(Actually curious)

Reading through again.. Did he ever answer this question? Same read as before.
State the obvious BHK, state the obvious.

Max Spin-
Sure they are. (SR joke buddies for all) As is, He jumped on my bandwagon. As in on me..
Fun fact, he hasn't posted in a while, and his vote on me is still sitting there as the 3rd.
(It's shifted back and forth, but vote 3 is more of a bandwagon move than vote 2 at 11 players)

Downgraded, then sazs he's a good choice to lead on a list with a strong town read.. What?
Other than that, just a rephrase of what IcyTea said. My part is a bit out of date, and a bit of a joke. Still funny though.

Ninja check- Ninja found under the Moon. More useless posts. He really is just trying to lynch me. Where is The Logic? WIT-L?
Still quoting, but this is the list comparison finished. How to respond..
I just let them do the convincing, and so they may slip up trying to lynch me.
Perfect.

New Section Start. Old section will be referred to near the end. Now then. To Quote!

First though..
Max, Icy, Hector, and Turtle. MM as well. These guys are active. I'm active. Juicebox seems semi-active, which is not the same as active. BHK is not active, and Moony is Lynch-Happy but non-active. No content to the posts, and the latest one even contains a contradiction.

Well i have plenty from you. Thanks for all the posts

Vs.

Nothing. Yet. Looks like everyone else has had it with you, however.
Like i said, i got the info from you i wanted, and you know perfectly well other lurkers are lurking more than me. why not try and make THEM participate instead.

Yeah, this is scummy, as if all you wish in this world is to lynch me. No Gun for you, unless someone shoots you them-self.

My vote after the list and fallacy post.
Vote: BlackHeartCabal

Truly, your heart is as black as the cabal you are a part of.

In other news, I am thinking Juicebox the Jester as mafia, but his voting me as soon as he 'read' the thread is strange. And downright suspicious due to his misreads. If he read the thread, I doubt he would have made those mistakes normally.
Ths appears to be a grammar error.. Huh.

but hisBHK voting me as soon as he 'read' the thread

There.

Red is my highlight.
BHK

Right.

These are first impressions, based on very incomplete data. They are very much subject to change as I learn more.

I mean, these look almost identical. Minor variations and IcyTea thinking Starver's a TP aside, anyway. To be brutally honest it looks like you're dropping an OMGUS and using IcyTea's readslist to pretty it up.
There is an answer to Miller claims, and the answer is death. While it's going to always be in the best interests of a town aligned miller to claim that they're a miller if they're aware, it's also far too easy of a scum claim to ignore, because it gives them a perfect mechanical defense against a mechanical investigation.
All right, first off, everyone share there Allignment.

Even if everyone says I'm mafia, I'm town. Do not trust your investigations straight off.

This was mostly to get everyone started by saying their alignment. Town would say town, and mafia can't claim miller. It was meant to help the investigators by knowing who to trust.

Granted, I play an Honest game no matter which side I'm on, though this didn't work out to anything but jokes...

Come on, that's not believable at all. Give me a bit more than that. :P
Yeah, this is a deflection, presumably because the response to a miller claim bought more heat than they desired.

The way I see it is that the Miller claim is outright our safest lynch, because if they're telling the truth, then we remove the innate uncertainty behind the miller themselves (because we can't prove that they're miller, and this could end badly if we end up in a LYLO/MYLO situation and we conclude that that is the best time to take out the miller.)
And if they're lying? Dead scum. On D1 too.

The said part is, this claim is invalidated by my honesty. Modified Miller. This game is just mostly vanilla mafia.

nin-nin: He was joking too you know.
This page need to be read in full. Now- Click the Quote link.

In other news, Policy lynch, explaining a reason that will get me lynched ether way, for no information. Come on out BHK.(There, I've tried to get him out Moony. Happy?)

Starver Post, next page over.

So, Starver is, not too active, but he is at least accounted for with this post.
This is also the page with most of the Extend votes happening, so check it out. No reason to quote it if you can read t yourself.

There is this though.
Extend.
Word.

Meanwhile, what I came here to say was some updates on my reads. Many are nulls for nonparticipation.
We are all guaranteed some sort of power role, but let's not assume that we win by night actions alone.

I wrote a complete list if anyone wants to demand it, but I think the highlight is this:
  • TricMagic: I deflected the wagon earlier, but that was mostly on analysis of turtle's post than of Tric themself. The more they say the more they look scummy to me.
  • Side Note: When I pulled apart blueturtle's argument against TricMagic I overlooked the miller claim. Simple oversight on my part since at the time I thought it simply a conversation lead-in of the same vein as the "gun for SK" line; but several of the people voting there later claimed it was part of their calculus, and Tric has since reaffirmed it. Now I'm wondering why so few of you wanted to push back a little for my omission; all y'all are wimps.
  • IcyTea31: Neutral to suspicious. I have to call you the chief wimp for continuing to say Tric's style is suspect while simultaneously unvoting. If that's not good enough, who do you like more for scum?

For all that, though, my vote right now is BlackHeartKabal:
You're practically lurking, or should I say lurking practically? Policy lynching the miller is an easy way to appear present without committing yourself to personal interaction.

I just said that I see potentially scummy things in TricMagic's posts. Can you persuade me that they really are scummy, enough so to get me to change my vote?

Come on and convince Mushroom moony. Granted, your own post makes that a bit useless when you don't have the info needed to. Most of my posts are here or around.

Ninja check in- No ninja... Really Moony? That's all you have against me, self-contradiction?

This has been Mafia: Free of Fluff Part 1

Warning: Some parts may have been cut out for expediency.(and to reduce word count and wall-iness)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 30, 2018, 02:22:44 pm »

I bring to you Mafia: Free of Fluff  Part 2 of 3

Page 11 starts off with this juicy bit.(Not to be be confused with Juicebox, underline is mine)
For all that, though, my vote right now is BlackHeartKabal:
You're practically lurking, or should I say lurking practically? Policy lynching the miller is an easy way to appear present without committing yourself to personal interaction.

I just said that I see potentially scummy things in TricMagic's posts. Can you persuade me that they really are scummy, enough so to get me to change my vote?
So, a D1 Miller claim being, as you admitted, a policy lynch isn't enough for you? Then no persuading on my end would convince me to lynch what comes off as your partner here anyway. I don't see any other reason someone, from your position, would ignore that.
Well then, BHK makes a point. You will die at some point, the earlier the better.

However, D1 lynch, in my opinion, needs to be informative. The only information we get from lynching TricMagic is whether or not he was lying. Not good enough.

If we have a vigilante or something, they can shoot him. If he’s alive tomorrow, we lynch him then.
Here I was thinking that this would be more open and shut. It's a miller. The entire point of a miller is that their quality impedes the town by giving a false positive to mechanical investigations. Because of this, miller is an amazing claim for scum because it, again, gives them an impenetrable excuse for their alignment flickering red to any cop that happens to stop by.

If he's scum - investigate pops red.
If he's miller - investigate pops red.

You see how that works? We literally can't confirm what they are unless we kill them or the game ends, because of the uncertainty that being a miller forces. They're an anomaly, and they're the most dangerous anomaly to leave alive for the end, especially since we don't even have a confirmation of the number of mafia or thirds.
I'm not one for D1's chaos, so of course something as important to pursue as a miller claim would be important to me. Because that miller offers certainty. It's certainty of uncertainty, yes, but it's still certainty. It's outright the most optimal move for anyone with a town wincon to make. To the point that I believe that anyone not pursuing this is either not thinking optimally, or doesn't have a town wincon. If I have to die for the town to start putting the miller and their defenders to the wall, then very well. Just because we aren't taking the current best plan doesn't mean we can't take the best plan for the next change in situation.

So much stuff to bite into. Ahh! Ninja! 2 of them. Going for the reply.. It's hector.
Reply done, on to the quote.

First two lines, one asks, and the other shoots them down. If you want to lynch someone, you must convince everyone that doing so is beneficial.
Just doing so because is the definition of Policy Lynching. Your only reason is that I'm a Miller.

Another Quote down and two more lines. My first post, the first post of the game, gave me up as the Miller, didn't it? I have made no secret that investigations against me are useless, so that the investigators don't waste their time on me.

They don't have to waste an investigation, that is what my claim does for town. The next two lines stacked on top of each other only apply when Miller is used to justify an investigation result. Which will not happen this game. Investigating me simply isn't good for town, since it wastes a turn.

Last line,

because we aren't taking the current best plan

Yeah, policy lynching is a great plan. Please back up your words with posts.

At least you do more than moony, though that does not help you.

.......This isn't even worth posting..
The optimal move is to hunt down and lynch a mafioso. A miller is a decent candidate for that
Yes.
Click IcyTea's link, he literally cut off part of the quote ad claimed it as truth.

And the next two posts are moony and turtle. Read them, it's funny.

Seriously.

This is most of the same I've quoted, but it does seem to be proof he copied from IcyTea if he goes against his own list right after. Strong Town indeed..

My new vote appears.
For me, it is certainly Vote: Warlock. He hasn't checked in at all, and If we're not lynching anyone, the inactive needs to go.
Warlock came on very late, in fact, had I not extended the day, he wouldn't have come on at all Day 1. Kept this vote till he reappeared from the Mists of Discord.

Believe me, this day has been full of information. Please use it everyone.

Neither am I, but it's that or we leave a potential threat hanging around.

If we don't lynch today, we go to tomorrow. Let's say we lynch someone then, and the day after that, and so on.
We won't have time to do so later unless we don't have someone to lynch that day.

If we do end up lynching someone today, this argument is invalid, but if we don't lynch, that's on us against the numbers. How long can it be justified. He just need to post at least once so that he's around.

I also haven't gotten anything from moony either. Just 3 useless posts. Bit frustrating really.
This is a very good description of the Miller Policy Lynch. Same BHK never ran with it.

Also more grammar issues. It happens.

Page 12- The Countdown of Day 1
Read it- It is good to see how everyone reacted to the day's supposed end.

There's also this-
I'm going to sit back and watch for now. Lets see where this goes.

Last time I checked, sitting back and watching was scummy. Not an accusation, just a thought.

You've been gone far too long moony. Give us your list at least.
TBH what list. i'm seriously waiting for night. uhh i guess i'll make one? I'd much rather save my time and read backward AFTER night falls, so i can gather the most information at once.

*Laughs near crazily*

Like the moon has transformed you. Do you still not have a list despite having so much time? What have you been doing to not have anything against me?

No ninja, and the final quotes approach. Let's take a lo--

Hua.. Tick Tock, Tick Tock, goes the clock.

The last few grains drain out of a cracked glass.

But. I say,
TIME STOP~

Personal Extension has been used. The Day continues.

-ok... Oh, time stop. Guess I'll continue on.

Also, Personal Extend if the day runs out.
Time is power, and power is time. TricMagic stretches time just a bit.

The day has been extended by 24 hours.

VOTECOUNT:
*[0] hector13:
*[1] Starver: Maximum Spin
*[0] blueturtle1134:
[2] TricMagic: juicebox, BlackHeartKabal
*[0] IcyTea31:
*[3] BlackHeartKabal: hector13, mightymushroom, blueturtle1134
*[1] juicebox: IcyTea31
*[0] MoonyTheHuman:
*[0] mightymushroom:
*[1] darkwarlock3: TricMagic
*[0] Maximum Spin:

Not voting: MoonyTheHuman, darkwarlock3, Starver
To Extend the Day: hector13, blueturtle1134, BlackHeartKabal, IcyTea [As a majority is needed to extend, two more are needed to contribute to this communal spell]
*Personal extension, yet unused.

With the personal extension used by TricMagic, the Day shall end Friday, 4:00 PM Central/Forum time. The communal extension has not yet been used.
~~~
If you're wondering, I did grant blueturtle permission to post that. Do try to keep the game inside the thread, though.

A discord post after mine by turtle, and Fallacy Update. Take a look at the votes.

Ending Part 1(and possibly 2) here. 13 and onward, here I come.

Oh look, a suspicion/vote list.
Hmm.. No change as I can see. Starver is low on the list. And Moony and BHK are both on it. Juicebox too, but those two are my votes still.

This has been Mafia: Free of Fluff Part 2 of 3

Warning: Some parts may have been cut out for expediency.(and to reduce word count and wall-iness)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 30, 2018, 03:02:48 pm »

I am drained from this.

Mafia Part 3 starts here

This will be all for now. Probably should make a read list quickly.

* hector13: Probable Town- Active, hunting, and voted for me. That counts for a lot with the rest, logic included, I am suspicious to most people. Unvoting me also counts.

* Starver: Scum/Slight Neutral- Lowest on my list, he has been participating rather well. Moony could learn from him.

* blueturtle1134: Probable Town/Likely- Active and Logical. Has also been posting. Currently Voting BHK, and was one of the first to vote for him, multiple times.

TricMagic: Modified Miller|Gunsmith-{What's someone who hands out a gun named?}

* IcyTea31: Likely Town- I just have a feel for him. The fact that BHK copied off his list makes this even more likely if BHK is mafia.

* BlackHeartKabal: Personal Vote for Day 1- A small skit.
TM: "Hey Everyone, I'm the Miller"

IcyT: "How do I know you're not one of the Mafia?"

BHK: "Mafia! Lynch the Mafia! There can be no other course!"
BHK: "MM is a good guy though. IcyT said I think so."

MM:" I think we need more than that. Lynching him will only tell us if he's lying."

BHK: "You're an Idiot, and I can't convince you. My Plan is Best."

{May not accurately reflect true feelings, this is just a comedy skit}

* juicebox the Jester Said he was the Jester after the Gun offering, and voted for me. Leaning toward neutral on him. Most of my Scum suspicions falls on that every-steady-vote.

* MoonyTheHuman: Personal vote for Day 1- No info whatsoever. Everyone thinks so. I had to stick my neck out to gt him to bite. And he has no info other than me pushing him to participate. It's only now that people can make a read on him. Very Scum behavior.

* mightymushroom: If BHK falls Mafia, he's town or a brilliant actor. Town-read right now.

* darkwarlock3: Null/Town-lean- Reasons may just check out, and I already have enough Mafiso to check out.

* Maximum Spin: Probable Town. Kinda like Hector. In every way as above. Wouldn't surprise me if at least one of them was mafia, but both? Well, I trust them for now.

No ninja, amazing!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 30, 2018, 03:08:27 pm »

Wait, what exactly is a policy lynch? From what I can see BHK is trying to explain why millers have to be lynched, which makes it sound like sometimes policies exist for a reason. So why is a policy lynch bad in this case?

The only thing I can think of is that Mafia wouldn't claim first post, but that can't be certain. Mafiascum recommends that millers claim day 1 and resign themselves to being shot by a vig. I guess that's because (as someone mentioned) nightkills just get someone out of the way while lynching gives information so you should go to the next most scummy person.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 55