Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 91970 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Evil's Afoot!
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2018, 04:44:37 pm »

Noting that I know (some of) you know that I'm not much of an OMGUSer, and happier for others' random throwing of shade, so of course I'm reserving my vote, may even keep it Cherry for the whole of D1 at this rate. It's not like I have any better info than anyone else if you need an unofficial mentor-like explanation which I'd probably be normally saying regardless, as my regular sparring partners may attest.

Certainly I'll wait until the last two (if I've counted right) have checked in.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2018, 05:22:22 pm »

juicebox

We have many poets, it seems, but I don't believe we have a jester. So I'll call your bluff.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2018, 07:48:52 pm »

Vote TricMagic, for the SK thing, quickly bandwagoning, and for your opening comment which could be interpreted as a halfhearted attempt to get people to spill their power roles, I'll admit it's not good evidence but this is day 1.

I’ll buy in.

TriMagic

Also for editing your post, even if you didn’t change anything other than the colour.

If you need to edit anything, you should make another post.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2018, 08:55:07 pm »

Hm. One the one hand, bandwagoning someone when an explicit part of the reasoning is that person having bandwagoned someone else is a little off. On the other hand, TricMagic actually does look suspicious.

Ehhhhh, I'll go for it, TricMagic, but if he(?) flips town, I've got your number, turtle. :P

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2018, 09:33:54 pm »

Hm. One the one hand, bandwagoning someone when an explicit part of the reasoning is that person having bandwagoned someone else is a little off. On the other hand, TricMagic actually does look suspicious.

Ehhhhh, I'll go for it, TricMagic, but if he(?) flips town, I've got your number, turtle. :P

To be fair, he's still likely to flip town. This is still random vote stage. Brace for disappointment.

And his reasoning was bandwagon?

If it's random votes you want: BlackHeartKabal, please come out of the woodwork and say hi.

this is slowly becoming pacifist mafia

This will not do. Vote BlackHeartKabel

Seems to me like Icy voted BlackHeart because he was lurking and Tric voted him with no good reason other than a reference to an earlier post about this being pacifist mafia. Neither person referenced bandwagoning, correct me if I'm wrong.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2018, 09:52:04 pm »

The last post feels very disconcerting, like turtle is trying to defend someone or something like that..?

... but it’s late and bedtime so I’ll deal with it at some other point. Probably.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2018, 09:55:00 pm »

juicebox

We have many poets, it seems, but I don't believe we have a jester. So I'll call your bluff.

I guess you missed the earlier posts where people were claiming fake alignments in response to Tricmagic's post. I wasn't actually claiming jester at all

this is slowly becoming pacifist mafia

This will not do. Vote BlackHeartKabel

Whoa there pardner, you're gonna need a better reason for voting BHK than that.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2018, 10:47:26 pm »

Seems to me like Icy voted BlackHeart because he was lurking and Tric voted him with no good reason other than a reference to an earlier post about this being pacifist mafia. Neither person referenced bandwagoning, correct me if I'm wrong.
Nonono, you did.

Vote TricMagic, for [...] quickly bandwagoning [...]

I just thought that was ironic. :P

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2018, 10:53:19 pm »

Unvote.

TricMagic. Unless this is some bizarre gambit, the wagon seems reasonable. And if TricMagic isn't evil, at least I now have some reads (to be compiled in a later post).
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2018, 12:30:48 am »

These are first impressions, based on very incomplete data. They are very much subject to change as I learn more.

hector13: Slight town. Scumhunting, but not as actively as my meta of one game would expect.
Starver: Third-party. Asking to be visited is a soft giveaway, and is suspicious but not quite scummy in my mind.
blueturtle1134: Town. Started a not-too-suspicious wagon, though I have some reservations.
TricMagic: Scum. Claims both miller and gunsmith and hasn't yet defended against accusations. I would like to hear more of them, as a brilliant jester is a possibility.
IcyTea31: Myself. Can't say a lot here, except that I'm town.
BlackHeartKabal: Null. Still lurking.
juicebox: Slight scum. Under the radar; has posted several times, but only to defend themself and to claim that at this point we need a 'good reason' to vote for someone.
MoonyTheHuman: Null. Under the radar, with little content.
mightymushroom: Town. Logical and focused play.
darkwarlock3: Null. Still lurking.
Maximum Spin: Strong town. Scumhunting, with jokes to make it less obvious.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2018, 08:08:45 am »

Nonono, you did.

Vote TricMagic, for [...] quickly bandwagoning [...]

I just thought that was ironic. :P

Oh yes, I was bandwagoning on the last guy to suspect him for giving SK a gun:

Well first I'd like to say that I am a jester

Secondly, TricMagic is scum, town would never offer an SK a gun.

Well see, when that was posted I didn't think that was enough evidence, because that could just be an early-game joke (we were all making them) but then he proceeded to make a bunch more slightly humorous but not actually useful observations, and to bandwagon on something with no better reason than "I want to vote." That's really why I voted him.

The last post feels very disconcerting, like turtle is trying to defend someone or something like that..?

... but it’s late and bedtime so I’ll deal with it at some other point. Probably.

Oh wait yeah, instantly saying that your vote likely won't turn up anything is scummy :P Was really just clarifying that I wasn't very sure, but it's better than anything else we've got.

Specifically, the characteristics I noticed (making bad jokes, voting for sake of voting, bandwagoning) could be poor town play or poor scum play, but I feel it's more likely it's poor scum play.

TricMagic: Scum. Claims both miller and gunsmith and hasn't yet defended against accusations. I would like to hear more of them, as a brilliant jester is a possibility.

I don't think he claimed anything...? That was in the early phase when we were joking about claims, something that he started and thus would be aware of. The fact that he's not responding to

Remind me, is Jester win an instant lose for Town? quick google says usually not - so it isn't catastrophic if we lynch Jester, anyway.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2018, 08:14:30 am »

Not responding because responding to such claims is a bit useless at this point. That and people talk, thankfully.

For the record, I did that vote because he is still lurking for some reason, so I ended up following his lead. Though it's not like 3 votes s enough to lynch this early on.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2018, 08:23:06 am »

I guess you missed the earlier posts where people were claiming fake alignments in response to Tricmagic's post. I wasn't actually claiming jester at all

Oh, I didn't miss them. I felt it was distinct from them in its (perceived) audacity. And you could either be just funny or it could be a gambit to . . . unless you . . . .

Okay, I WIFOMED myself. But I thought it decent enough for a relatively random vote.
Since then, I have the development of a substantial bandwagon to consider.

1) The main, or at least the first complaint, seems to be that TricMagic is willing to give a gun to a serial killer. The issue is first raised by – huh – juicebox. The same juicebox who points out that a number of people were joking about alignments, when TricMagic referenced Max Spin not even claiming to be an SK in the game context. I read the gun thing as a method of generating conversation. I even replied to the follow-up, "Then who do you trust?"  I may be in the minority but I just don't see a basis here.

2) The other accusation is that Tric "quickly" bandwagoned BlackHeartKabal for no good reason. Maximum Spin has already pointed out the irony of placing the second vote on someone for placing the second vote on someone else. Irony has little to do with guilt or innocence of course, nor does it excuse Tric for not providing more substantial reasoning. But I don't know that that second vote is particularly worse than the first one immediately preceding it; how quickly is too quickly is a judgment call you must make for yourself.

The rest of it seems to be variations of, "This is a bandwagon and I'm okay with that."
Well, fine, we don't get majorities without multiple votes. But this one's misdirected in my eyes and I decline.
But my only reason to stay on juicebox at this point is for declining to get off after it formed behind them. Unvote.

Meanwhile I should point out to IcyTea31 that the way I read the rules in the OP, there are no straight third parties such as jester even allowed. (Thus why juicebox attracted my scrutiny.) There are only town and alignments that are directly anti-town.

mightymushroom: Call me mushroom, or MM, or town. That last one is best.
TricMagic: I think was hunting with a ploy that backfired.
IcyTea31: I lump with the rest of the wagoners as "trying."

The rest of my list is functionally the same.
Since Tric was the only outright scum on IcyTea's list and I've discounted that, now I have an embarrassing lack of suspects.

hector13, then: you and IcyTea are the two who switched off their previous vote to get on the wagon.* Granted both were weak RVS votes, but you apparently feel stronger than I do. Do you have anything that would convince me better than quoting blueturtle?

*I refuse to count Spin's vote against the moderator.

Pre-Post Edit: blueturtle posted before I got this written out, with what looks like a more thorough explanation. Will read and consider more thoroughly.
PPE2: and Tric ninja'd while I was making final edits. That's what I get for being long-winded.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2018, 08:40:56 am »

Meanwhile I should point out to IcyTea31 that the way I read the rules in the OP, there are no straight third parties such as jester even allowed. (Thus why juicebox attracted my scrutiny.) There are only town and alignments that are directly anti-town.
Huh, you're correct. I'll need to rethink that read once Starver posts more.

hector13, then: you and IcyTea are the two who switched off their previous vote to get on the wagon.* Granted both were weak RVS votes, but you apparently feel stronger than I do. Do you have anything that would convince me better than quoting blueturtle?
Their playstyle, as I've seen it so far, would be very odd for a townie, and I'm not entirely sure which posts to take as jokes and which as serious. It could be chalked up to inexperience, in which case let me Unvote and mentor a little as well:
Not responding because responding to such claims is a bit useless at this point. That and people talk, thankfully.
Responding to people accusing you is usually the best way to convince them otherwise or at least make others doubt them, barring mechanical effects such as a mayor's reveal.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2018, 08:47:18 am »

Maybe in 7 player games, but you try convincing everyone. I just let them do the convincing, and so they may slip up trying to lynch me.

Not like I have a problem being voted off... So long as everyone talks.

Also, I am still waiting for BlackHeart to show up and post. He's still not here despite it being Wednesday. Show up already! We only have about 1 more day!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 55