Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 91927 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Evil's Afoot!
« Reply #165 on: June 28, 2018, 03:28:34 pm »

Oh, and get posting everyone! I would rather save it if no one is going to discuss.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 28, 2018, 03:29:46 pm »

I'm way too tired and/or busy to do a full read, so here's my opinion of evidence against the main suspects at this point:

TricMagic

Evidence against:
  • Early miller softclaim. It's important to note that he didn't outright claim Miller, maybe it's a slightly different role or something? He does later on fully (?) claim modified Miller.
  • Offering to give SK a gun; this could be a joke, or taken as a Gunsmith softclaim. He seriously defends it one post down. If he is claiming Gunsmith then that contradicts his Miller claim, unless it's a composite role.
  • Actually, the fact that both of these claims were disguised as jokes is somewhat worrysome. I feel like he's trying to just seed softclaims all over the place, then when he turns up as Scum on a Cop investigation, for example, he can just point to the earlier thing as a miller claim.
  • Low density of information in general is a bad thing. Such as refusing to respond to claims or bandwagoning without stating reason.

Evidence vindicating:

BHK

Evidence against:

Evidence vindicating:

So overall:

• Tric is playing erratically, but doing stuff that a Miller might possibly do
  • BHK is doing nothing but try to get Tric lynched

I feel like they're on a team and BHK is bussing Tric, but maybe he's just going for a first-day mislynch so either way Vote Lynch BlackHeartKabal
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2018, 03:30:28 pm »

Oh sorry, the second list item for BHK should have been that maybe he thinks Millers should hold onto claim until later or something
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 28, 2018, 03:38:28 pm »

GM, time and Vote Count update?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 28, 2018, 04:00:13 pm »

Blugh.

As the seconds count down and I don't know whether time is extended, voting BHK feels more and more like a policy of lynching the policy lyncher.
I wanted him to speak up with more and varied things but I guess that won't happen.

It's certainty of uncertainty, yes, but it's still certainty. It's outright the most optimal move for anyone with a town wincon to make. To the point that I believe that anyone not pursuing this is either not thinking optimally, or doesn't have a town wincon.

This just shuts down discussion. It brooks no alternative. Just like asking someone to state their alignment outright, it can only function if the scum are dumb enough not to pretend to be town. It lets BHK claim of "I'm acting in the town's interest" – admittedly with some truth – BUT without seeking any engagement or further answers.
I'm not one for D1's chaos
So what have you done to make D2 saner? By this argument we should all have voted Tric after the very first post of the game and then what?

At the same time I'm fully aware that TricMagic has been acting . . . off. Very carelessly? heedlessly? I think heedlessly is the right word. Miller claim, guns for sale, it's no problem if he dies. Just overall not what I expect of a townie.

PPE: Thank you blueturtle for that summary, I'm running out of time.

darkwarlock3 is not the scummiest here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 28, 2018, 04:19:08 pm »

Well, I picked a bad time to sleep. Not sure if the day is extended or not! In case it is, I want to switch my vote while there is still time, but to whom? I'm split between TM and BHK. I tentatively don't think that they are partners and BHK is bussing TM — on D1, with third parties likely? Only if BHK is really desperate or really confident, I think. — but I have begun to suspect strongly that at most one of them can be town. I guess it's no great loss to lynch the townie first and the other after, if it comes to that, but I would rather have one I'm clearly preferring for the position.

It would also help if I, uh, had a clue what the current votes are. Counting them out seems like TMW right now. Actually, maybe I should just wait for Fallacy. Yeah, that sounds best. Going to post anyway, so people can at least see my reasoning up to now, but no particular vote until I find out what the deal is.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #171 on: June 28, 2018, 06:11:11 pm »

I'm going to sit back and watch for now. Lets see where this goes.

Last time I checked, sitting back and watching was scummy. Not an accusation, just a thought.

You've been gone far too long moony. Give us your list at least.
TBH what list. i'm seriously waiting for night. uhh i guess i'll make one? I'd much rather save my time and read backward AFTER night falls, so i can gather the most information at once.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 28, 2018, 06:18:15 pm »

Who do you think is the most suspicious. Come on, tell us.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #173 on: June 28, 2018, 06:18:42 pm »

According to everyone else, you  :P

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 28, 2018, 06:26:57 pm »

That is not a valid response moony, some actual data is needed.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 28, 2018, 07:00:33 pm »

Hua.. Tick Tock, Tick Tock, goes the clock.

The last few grains drain out of a cracked glass.

But. I say,
TIME STOP~

Personal Extension has been used. The Day continues.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 28, 2018, 07:24:28 pm »

Darkwarlock talked on Discord, so I thought I'd just relay it here:

So he didn't just notice... he was aware and intentionally lurking... scared of his role, but not for the reason I'm thinking.

That means a high-stakes investigative role or third party, then?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 28, 2018, 07:30:01 pm »

Also, Personal Extend if the day runs out.
Time is power, and power is time. TricMagic stretches time just a bit.

The day has been extended by 24 hours.

VOTECOUNT:
*[0] hector13:
*[1] Starver: Maximum Spin
*[0] blueturtle1134:
[2] TricMagic: juicebox, BlackHeartKabal
*[0] IcyTea31:
*[3] BlackHeartKabal: hector13, mightymushroom, blueturtle1134
*[1] juicebox: IcyTea31
*[0] MoonyTheHuman:
*[0] mightymushroom:
*[1] darkwarlock3: TricMagic
*[0] Maximum Spin:

Not voting: MoonyTheHuman, darkwarlock3, Starver
To Extend the Day: hector13, blueturtle1134, BlackHeartKabal, IcyTea [As a majority is needed to extend, two more are needed to contribute to this communal spell]
*Personal extension, yet unused.

With the personal extension used by TricMagic, the Day shall end Friday, 4:00 PM Central/Forum time. The communal extension has not yet been used.
~~~
If you're wondering, I did grant blueturtle permission to post that. Do try to keep the game inside the thread, though.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Time Drags On...
« Reply #178 on: June 28, 2018, 07:36:22 pm »

The communal extension can only be used once?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Time Drags On...
« Reply #179 on: June 28, 2018, 07:37:23 pm »

Every day holds power.

Power is time and time is power.

Know that you can communally extend once, per day.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 55