Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game - Turn 10  (Read 11858 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game - Turn 5
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2017, 05:05:16 am »

Deffstalka also hands over some geary bits (1 x Mechanical Bits) to Trulgrom.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2017, 09:17:01 am »

Trulgrom would hand over some of his tools, 1 set of em to Deffstalka as he snags the mechanical bits greedily.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 11, 2017, 10:14:39 am »

Looking at his second wound in a row, the ork decidied that this, was no fun stomping. He'd have to build himself some armour, or a shoota of sorts. For now though, he decided to give the room a thorough search-through. Breaking objects while doing so, might very well be included in that.

Grimgut, #13, Loots the Room

Spoiler: Grimgut, #13 (click to show/hide)

About "heal crafting" - would just wrapping a few rags around my arm to get it bandaged, really take a whole turn? Prosthetic limbs, sure enough.
Well, on the other hand crafting a "heal" does remove the wound completely, at least as far as the point-scale goes, so it would be quite justified still.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 11, 2017, 01:39:07 pm »

The nearby rooms would hear Gorrog's bellowing curses as the rats managed to take a few bites before scampering off. Tearing up the room in an effort to inflict a suitably grizzly fate on the rats, Gorrog ripped up some of the deck plating. Unfortunately, the rats were gone. Fortunately, the deck plates would be useful in making his armor. The thought of finally completing his powered armor did go a long way to cheering him up. "If anyone asks, I'm gonna tell 'em it was onna dem big spiky chaos types. Dat's it, dey sneaked up on me, an' gots in a lucky 'it. But den I slugged 'em in da face an dey ran off like a pansy git. Heh, I put da fear o' Mork in dem! Or mebbe Gork, I dunno." Gorrog murmured to himself as he worked on his armor. "Nobody needs t' 'ear about dem zoggin' rats."

Action: Make some propa orky 'eavy power armor! (4 pts heavy armor+2 pts powered =24 scrap. Using leather (3 scrap), electronic parts (4 scrap), 17 scrap +6 extra scrap to ensure at least normal quality.

Spoiler: Gorrog Steelface (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 11, 2017, 03:28:10 pm »

Use some wire(2=6 scrap) and scrap(8) to make a morningstar like weapon(heavy weapon)
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Name: Dorktugah
Map number: 1
Skill: Bitey Squig(-1 point to wound on danger rolls)
Wounds: all patched up
Inventory:
2 wire
1&1/3(?) leathery skin(either its this, or there was a typo)
11 scrap
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 03:34:51 pm by Failbird105 »

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2017, 03:28:17 am »

Spoiler: MugBreaka (click to show/hide)
"Last room, then we makes a bigger gun!"
Go E with the other gits.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2017, 03:44:11 am »

Turn tomorrow morning, just as soon as I get up... Right now I am in dire need of sleep.

@escaped lurker: Heal crafting is bundled in with the normal crafting rules mostly for simplicity, there isn't any particular reason that you cannot do it on the same turn you do something else. Since wounds have no gameplay effect (except to your final score) you can just let them build up and fix them all at once when crafting something else, or you can just fix them before making a normal move as you wish. In general actions that do not need to be rolled are pretty flexible.

In other news: I wrote a simple dice roller program that is aware of the loot tables, and everyone's skills, so now I can say loot 3 deff mug trul and roll loot for all of team blueish in a level 3 room (for example) as a single action. This simplifies the "roll lots of dice and look stuff up in tables" part of the game, which makes things a bit faster. The slowest part is still updating the map, but this will save time (and prevent me from forgetting to roll anyone's skills). I shall endeavour to put the saved time into more/better turn fluff :)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 12, 2017, 12:53:28 pm »

Deffstalka, MugBreaka, and Trulgrom continue on in company, finally reaching a crossroads of sorts. (danger: 5) and old pack of some kind lays in the one corner, and is promptly shredded and its contents picked over. (loot: 6,5,2 table: 6,1,6,1:6,4,5,6:6,1,5,5 skill: 1) Deffstalka ends up with 2 scrap, a piece of shredded pack, an old hammer, and some black paint! MugBreaka's pack section contains 4 scrap, some electronics, and some kind of humie tool, as well as cloth from the pack itself. Trulgrom's pack section only contains 2 scrap and 2 spools of wire (and some cloth of course).

Grimgut (loot: 3 table: 4,1,4 skill: 2) enthusiastically disassembles a rusty old shelving unit, finding some mechanical parts in the wreckage (the ruined shelving unit itself is worth 7 scrap)

Gorrog sets about making a set of fine powered armor. (craft: 4+2) The result is spectacularly orky, but it does use up almost all his scrap... (+1 7 point heavy power armor, -23 scrap, -1 piece of leather, -1 electronics) Wait till the other gits see this thing! They will be even greener with jealousy!

Most melee weapons are fairly light constructs, the better to swing them at gits quickly, but that isn't good enough for Dorktugah. (crafting: 5+1) ((note, 14 scrap total would buy a medium weapon and a +1 to the roll, so I'm assuming that is what you want? If not let me know an I'll correct it.)) In a fit of orky inspiration (or maybe insanity?) he hammers some scrap into a big spiky ball, and makes a cable to swing it from out of all his wires. Now this is a proppa crumpin' weapon! (+1 4 point medium melee weapon, -2 wire, -8 scrap)

You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2017, 02:06:40 pm »

Trulgrom was quite happy, just a little bit more bits and he would have the first step of his plan compleate, now all he needed was a power source of some sort and he could make his special armour. Thinking about it for a bit gave him a great idea. "I shud make sum kina  machine dat makz wolkin' fasta!" he would say out loud before walking further to the east.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 12, 2017, 04:59:21 pm »

((note, 14 scrap total would buy a medium weapon and a +1 to the roll, so I'm assuming that is what you want? If not let me know an I'll correct it.))
((Ah, math failure on my part. Not sure HOW I fucked that up since adding 10 is incredibly basic math, but I'm happy with how it came out.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2017, 07:21:20 am »

"We'z talked about dat earlier. And I'z thinking we'z not gonna have enuff scrap for a 'uge wagon like you suggested"

Spoiler: Deffstalka (click to show/hide)

Follow Trulgrom east
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2017, 08:26:50 am »

"No no no! Ya ab it awl wrong, ay'm nub chatterin' ubbout da kill krusha!  I ab sumthing else in mind ya grot!"

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 13, 2017, 03:59:37 pm »

Looking at his pile of loot with a satisfied expression, the ork got to crafting. But first, he used the rags and vermin hides as bandages, binding his previously received wounds. A few curses and slightly pained grunts later, the bandages were done. It would leave some scars, sure, but what ork doesn't like himself some of those?
( -6 Wounds, 6 Scrap worth of bandages)

Next, Grimgut decided on fashioning himself a nice, heavy shooter of sorts. To that end, he begann to hammer some scrap into a rather dubios fusion core of his own make - the rumbling of it, was a bit worrysome, but it seemed likely to do the job. Cobbling together the rest of the envisioned Enerji Blasta, was a far more straight-forward of a task.

16 Scrap = Heavy Weapon cost; 4 Scrap for Fusion Core, 2 Extra Scrap + Hand-tools = +3 Roll
22 Scrap total

Grimgut, #13, Crafts himself a Powered Heavy Weapon
Or does he? I am unsure if we can craft special materials ourself. If not, I'll ammend my crafting / turn.

Spoiler: Grimgut, #13 (click to show/hide)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2017, 06:33:05 am »

Spoiler: MugBreaka (click to show/hide)
Mugbreaka smiles at his pack o'scrap, waving at the other gits wandering on while he starts bashing things into shape, singing an orky song.

MugBreaka gets ta craftin!
'Eavy Armah (16s), Powered (8s), +3 Crafting Roll, (9 scrap methinks), 33 scrap, using 22 scrap,and da scrap mechanical bits and electriks, Ooh, and da wires. And the odd humie tool if it helps (whassit doooo?!)
Paint it green! Cause dats Orky!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:37:26 am by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 14, 2017, 12:21:53 pm »

Ok, that's 4 actions, 2 more and off we go!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16