Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game - Turn 10  (Read 11851 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game - Turn 10
« on: October 23, 2017, 11:07:58 pm »

Welcome to Orkhulk, a light-weight, fast-paced game of exploration, lootin', and shootin', Warhammer 40k Ork style. Each player runs one poorly-equipped ork that has recently ended up on a spacehulk, traveling to the next big battle. The objective is to be the ork with the best wargear at the end of the trip, this is accomplished by exploring the hulk and collecting materials to make proper gear. Time is of the essence, as the hulk will only be in the warp so long.

Gameplay is simple, explore and loot to gain scrap and special items, the build gear to help survive the hulk and increase you score. Score is for bragging rights only, but hey, it's kinda fun to try to build it up anyway :)

Each trip will end with a short description of how your ork does on his new home, and then everyone rolls up a new ork and does it all again on a new hulk.

I hope to run at least two turns per week, more if everyone posts often enough. If enough actions are in, and more than one day has passed, I will run the turn ready or not!

Character Creation:

Character creation is simple, each ork has four stats:

* Name
* Skill
* Wounds
* Inventory

Name can be anything you want, try to pick something "orky".

Skill are fairly simple, pick a mechanical effect you like, and then add any fluff you like to explain it:

1. -1 point to wound on danger rolls
2. -1d3-1 points on danger rolls
3. 1d(<loot roll> + 1)-1 extra scrap when looting
4. +1 to all crafting rolls

Wounds are bad. To keep things simple, they do not effect you in any way except lowering your score. To heal a wound you need to craft some kind of fix with a scrap cost equal to the wound point penalty, this can be as simple as a metal plate over a gash, or as complex as a fancy prosthetic limb. Crafting a healing item always succeeds.

All orks are assumed to have a choppa or other basic weapon, and possibly other starting gear. Whatever you pick, it is for flavor only. Your starting gear does not effect danger wounding, and does not have a point value.

Example Character:

Spoiler: Hork (click to show/hide)

Character Sheet Template:

Code: [Select]
[spoiler=<name>]
[b]Name[/b]: <name>
[b]Map Number[/b]:
[b]Skill[/b]: <skill>
[b]Wounds[/b]:
[b]Inventory[/b]:
[/spoiler]

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 11:50:07 am by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game (Testing, testing 1, 2, 3...)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 11:08:25 pm »

Turn 1:

Your intrepid band crashes into the side of the hulk, blowing open a room, and leaving it open to space, good thing orks is 'ard. A bit of vacuum never hurt anyone. Nonetheless, everyone pushes through the door into a large open area, perfect place to set up camp.

Who all is here, and what do you do?

You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 11:16:30 pm »

Axe? It'z a choppa ya dum git. :P

Anyway, here's a sheet, though I have to ask if being a Kommando is an acceptable skill pick? Coudl definitely be useful having a boy in purple (Because when have you seen a purple ork :P )
Spoiler: Deffstalka (click to show/hide)

Go exploring all sneakylike to da north.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 11:30:32 pm »

Sure. Kommando would get better stealth I assume? (In terms of this game that would give you a better chance to spot trouble before it spots you)

As for axe vs choppa: Durr. I should fix that, if only because it is an item name.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 11:32:00 pm »

Yep, better stealth indeed. And a propensity to think a little more tactically in combat :P

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 01:35:09 am »

Name : Orkydalus
Skill : Mekboy
Wounds : Nope
Inventory : choppa

Attempt to scavenge any UNNEEDED details out of space hulk interiors

Yell : WAAAAAAAGHHH

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 06:36:10 am »

* Name: Gorknak
* Skill:Kommando
* Wounds:none i'm hard
* Inventory: Cuztom shoota!
   Lotz a bulletz!
   Thumpen Stick(choppa)

(Skill:Cybork Body, Im think that an ork with cyborge parts could be fun.
(Both Gorkamorka da uvver book has a bunch of rules for bonizs and 'Ere We Go: Orks in Warhammer 40,000 has some as well.
You'l whant some thing like Scrib downloader)

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 09:23:47 am »

Name: Bragga
Skill: Shoota
Wounds: Nuffin'
Inventory: Choppa, Slugga (Ork MP)

After a cursory glance of the new war-camp, Bragga notices the doors. After looking at both alternatly for a few times, he suddenly snorts, stomps to the northern door, and sniffs it.
"Lootin' time!", he proclaims with a grin. "Yu lot in?", is asked at no-one in particular, but in direction of the main group.

Start exploration - and subsequent looting - of the northern room.
With comrades, if someone else is in, but alone if no-one else has the guts for it.

Spoiler: Class Idea (click to show/hide)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 11:27:50 am »

Four players? That is enough to get started, but let's give a bit more time anyway. Turn will be tomorrow.

@escaped lurker: I thought about adding a "dok" skill, but it doesn't really fit the theme of the game. Mek is already pushing it... Wounds are major injuries, and fixing them requires cybernetics and the like, a character fixing other ork's wounds would just be making the competition stronger. Working together on vehicles makes sense, as vehicles are more bang for your buck and their points are split between their creators, but not so much fixing wounds. Maybe later.

@Funk: Kommando currently doesn't give any special equipment. You have a greater chance to spot enemies first, while the shoota skill is the one that gives a starting gun and free ammo. Pick one please. (I want the skills to each be very different, but equally powerful, if kommando gave a gun shoota would be strictly worse). As for a cyborg skill, no. You can have cybernetics if you want, but only cosmetic. Functional cybernetics need to be made with your loot, and they are really only worth it if you lost and arm or something (they offset the point penalty for the wound, and add a tiny point bonus). Also, you probably want to post an action...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 11:39:52 am by milo christiansen »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 11:37:21 am »

You go'z da way im head east!

(I'll head east)

* Inventory: Thumpen Stick(choppa)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 09:05:00 am »

All right, off we go!

Deffstalka (dot #1 on the map) slips off to the north, followed by Bragga (dot #4). The door opens smoothly, revealing a small intersection, (danger 2 loot 2,3) but nothing else of interest.

Gorknak (dot #3) heads out the other door, and down the hall on the other side, reaching a 4-way intersection. (2,5) As with the others, he finds the area free of danger, and no obvious loot grabs his attention.

Orkydalus (dot #2) takes his choppa to a old piece of junk stuck to the walls of the large room (loot 1). His scavenging turns up a small pile of random junk and scrap! Not much of a reward, but better than nothing... (Gain 1 Scrap!)

((Directions for next turn: Post your char sheet with your action. Add a new line, "Map Number", to your sheet with the dot number I gave you. If you found any loot remember to add it to your inventory.

Game mechanics: Since all the areas you entered so far are very close to the start, and are not rooms, you needed to roll a 1 to hit danger, and a 6 to find notable loot. Don't worry, target rolls ramp up fast the farther you get from the start, and rooms get a target bonus on first entry. You can always scavange scrap from the walls, but return is low, how low is determined by a loot quality roll. I'll have a table of general item cost ranges posted before next turn.

Speaking of next turn, as soon as everyone gets actions in I'll continue.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game - Turn 2
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 11:33:52 am »

Spoiler: Deffstalka (click to show/hide)

Go exploring all sneakylike some more, into that room to da north..

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 12:57:59 pm »

Attempt to craft shokk generator designed for making melee weapons SHOKK GITS

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 01:07:18 pm »

Character sheet? Please post your (updated) character sheet with every action.

Also, you are going to need more than one scrap for that... I'm making general crafting guidelines right now actually, in terms of making your choppa into a shokk choppa you are looking at ~3-5 scrap (not final), or a smaller number of better parts. Remember, you are looting the room with the lowest loot returns in the game.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 01:27:15 pm by milo christiansen »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 01:45:14 pm »

I'm green and i'm mean!

i'll head north, up the hall way all sneaky like.

[spoiler:Gorknak]
*Map Number:3
* Inventory: Thumpen Stick(choppa)
[/spoiler]

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16