Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game - Turn 10  (Read 11852 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game - Turn 7
« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2017, 11:11:02 am »

Spoiler: MugBreaka (click to show/hide)

Mugbreaka pounds his chest, rattling the loose plate on his powah armor. "You gits is lucky I's 'ere." He then turns his attention to tearing up the walls with Trulgrom, looking for more scrap, after bandaging his wounds and 'fixing' his armor (-3 scrap, -1 Rags, should cover both my wounds aye?)
Mugbreaka loots da room!
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2017, 02:25:23 pm »

"Beautyful, dat is. I shoulda been a mekboy," Gorrog said, admiring his work with the power armor and the new green lightning bolts that graced it. And it worked wonderfully in combat as well. However, the mutants were getting tougher deeper into the hulk. He didn't want to rely on just bare fists anymore. Badass armor needed a badass weapon to go with it. To this end, he began ripping apart the room he was in to loot all he could from it.

Action: Loot the room of everything not bolted down. Loot the bolts, then repeat.

Spoiler: Gorrog Steelface (click to show/hide)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 17, 2017, 03:15:48 pm »

"To boldy go, where no Ork has gone before", or somesuch, was certainly not on Grimguts mind, as he entered the narrow passage before him. It was more along the lines of "Dere mus' be sum loot ovah' dere!". Regardless of his reasons and motivations to do so, the ork made his way to the new area, his prideded "Enerji Blasta" at the ready.

Grimgut, #13, enters the Passage

Spoiler: Grimgut, #13 (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 17, 2017, 04:04:12 pm »

build some roit' propah 'eavy armor, wiff flexible bits for the part a me arms an' legs dat bend (13 scrap, 1 leathery skin = 16 scrap)
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Name: Dorktugah
Map number: 1
Skill: Bitey Squig(-1 point to wound on danger rolls)
Wounds: all patched up
Inventory:
2 leathery skin
1 cloth rags
1 set mechanical parts
1 set electronic parts
13 scrap
Big Ball O' 'urt(4 point medium melee)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:21:33 pm by Failbird105 »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 17, 2017, 04:49:13 pm »

Trulgrom starts looting the room more systematically, and he is soon joined by a freshly bandaged MugBreaka. (loot: 6,2 table: 1,5,3,5:1,3,2,3 skill: 2) Both orks turn up a decent amount of stuff, but nothing particularly special. (Trulgrom: 6 scrap, wire, electronics MugBreaka: 10 scrap, -3 scrap, -1 rags, wounds healed)

Deffstalka sets up in one corner, away from the looting, and starts laying out parts. First, he rigs up a set of bandages for his wounds (-2 1/3 rags, wounds healed). (craft: 1+3) The kustom autoblasta comes together quite nicely, and the resulting weapon will surely be a joy to use. Its black paint job reflects its rugged design. (+1 6 point medium weapon, -1 mechanical parts, -1 hand tools, -2 wire, -15 scrap)

Gorrog decides to examine the room more closely, (loot: 3 table: 6,1,3,4) managing to turn up a few more bits. (4 scrap, some rags, mechanical parts)

Grimgut climbs up through the hole in the ceiling and takes a look around. (danger: 5) The area seems safe, for now. (loot: 1 table: 2 skill: 1) Aside from a small pile of rusty scrap, there doesn't seem to be much here at first glance. (3 scrap)

Dorktugah (craft: 5) strings together plates of scrap metal with strips of leather and makes a basic, but serviceable, set of plain ol' heavy armor. It should help a good bit once he gets into the more dangerous areas... (+1 4 point heavy armor, -13 scrap, -1 leather)

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2017, 05:13:14 pm »

Trulgrom laughed as he got the last bits needed to make his suppa heavy mega armour. He would firstly, make the powered armour itself, then he would make a Powa Klaw and a Kustom Shoota (Kustom is medium, klaw is light) After making those two things, he adds the biggest and best part of the 'evy armour. A Tellyport Blasta (heavy) mounted on the back. After, he would add Kustom Force Field to the thing and a Kustom Tellyporta. Of course, he would use every last chunk of scrap, every tool, and literally everything else he had to make the greatest dead 'ard armour made by any ork on this hulk.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 05:20:12 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2017, 05:20:10 pm »

The ork spits out in annoyance; Nothing to crump, no worthwile loot either. His coming here, just might have been a mistake, after all. Announcing his presence to the area at large with a "Waagh!", Grimgut set out for - hopefully -greener pastures. Not that he would know about pastures, or would easily realise that those which are greener, might hold more relevance to his desires. But still.

Grimgut, #13, marches East

Spoiler: Grimgut, #13 (click to show/hide)
More of a quick thought than a thought-through suggestion; How about consumable "danger reducers"? With wounds costing 1:1 scrap to "heal", something like "2 Stick-Bomb" for 3 scrap, worth 1 point regardless of their numbers (beause else it would mess up the points), each giving -1 danger reduction, only consumed if the danger treshold "overpowers" the innate "defenses" of the ork in question? I guess even then it might mess with the perk / point balance. And it seems kinda more complicated than it might be worth. Eh. Nothing to loose with putting that thought out there.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game - Turn 9
« Reply #202 on: November 17, 2017, 05:46:53 pm »

@piratejoe: I'm going to need a few more details, largely because each weapon will be a separate crafting roll...

If my math is right, you have 77 scrap and two +1s (once all the special items are added in).

Heavy armor: 16 scrap
- +8 scrap for powered
- +8 scrap for a forcefield (assuming it counts-as a second powered modifier, +4 if you want to count it as a basic improvment)
- +8 scrap for a teleporter (same assumption as for the forcefield)
Each +1 to the crafting roll will cost 4 scrap

The klaw: 8 scrap
Each +1 to the crafting roll will cost .5 scrap

Shoota: 12 scrap
Each +1 to the crafting roll will cost 1.5 scrap

Blasta: 16 scrap
Each +1 to the crafting roll will cost 2 scrap

Total cost: 76 scrap
This means you have 1 scrap left.

If you like you can count the teleporter and/or shield as cosmetics instead of powered modifiers, and save 4 scrap each. Saving on both would be enough to buy +2 to all four crafting rolls (using the tools for the armor). If you wanted to be a bit riskier you could buy +1s for the weapons, and use tools for the armor by making only the teleporter "cosmetic". In any case, I need to know how you want to allocate your tools.

Note that "cosmetic" here means it does not provide a danger bonus, not that it is just for looks.

@escaped lurker: Single use danger bonuses actually sound interesting. I'll think about it some...
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 17, 2017, 06:16:42 pm »

I will go with the former option, the Force field and teleporta being cosmetics and such, which is what I wanted originally. Also, Random fact, teleport blasta basically teleports poor enemy's into walls, or high up into the air. Also also, I'm basically going full on Big Mek here.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 17, 2017, 06:20:47 pm »

It just hit me, you have the +1 to crafting skill... So you get +3 to everything with that plan. Oh boy, high quality on a 3 or better? You are gonna have a ton of points by the time this is all rolled :)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2017, 07:17:17 pm »

Mi masta plan iz revealeded muhahahahahahaha-ack! sumthing got in mi throat.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 18, 2017, 11:19:55 am »

Spoiler: MugBreaka (click to show/hide)

Mugbreaka goes West lookin for a fight
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:23:15 am by Terenos »
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 18, 2017, 02:45:55 pm »

How far can we move again? I'm not sure that was ever mentioned.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 18, 2017, 02:48:10 pm »

2 spaces. (Each star is a space)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 18, 2017, 03:13:13 pm »

go back through the door, and then through the door straight across from it.
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
Name: Dorktugah
Map number: 1
Skill: Bitey Squig(-1 point to wound on danger rolls)
Wounds: all patched up
Inventory:
1 leathery skin
1 cloth rags
1 set mechanical parts
1 set electronic parts
Big Ball O' 'urt(4 point medium melee)
'eavy Armor(4 point heavy armor)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16