Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Calamities of the new gods  (Read 6283 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Calamities of the new gods
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2017, 05:14:31 pm »

X'arilyg once finished with its own manners, and than sees the opportunity to communicate to the challenged Mithra, it evokes its statement upon the other god's mind.

"Grandest God Spirit, Mithra. This entity see's that you do not make any public action or communication with this entity, it is a act of passive-aggression. The Spirit of Civilization and Health does not follow the path of its sphere, does it? You claimed that mortals can be healed, both physically and mentally. But how about a god, you claim that this entity only goal is to seek wrath upon the world and its sentients, your claims are unjust and only follow your path of belief bias. This entity does not seek to cause the world to its end, but rather improve and allow it to grow. Consciousness is a blight of every living being, all being must reveal their higher forms of life, their own unconsciousness. Insanity as you refer to it, is false-contradictions of my true goals, to perfect the mind, to perfect sentience, to perfect existence... these are my own goals and the sentience must become stronger and stronger through the generations. Whether through modification to their genetic makeup or giving them powers that no mortal shall have, they will all learn the lesson of progress. Conclusively, when you hide your passive-aggression to this entity, make sure you don't allow your innate biases to make your invalid conclusions... valid.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2017, 05:20:43 pm »

((Event Post))

The tribe whispers among itself. It is important to them that they stay together, to stay as a tribe. But it is also important to them to be able to hunt and to be able to roam the plains freely. The mountains were where the wretched Mountain Vri lived and it was a place of cold and hunger. Both options were ones the Vri found horrible. It is the tribe's Chieftain who steppes forward at last "We have been pulled apart and separated enough and we all know that being scattered across the plains would cause many of us to die. But...," he approached Astarth and placed his hands on her shoulders as an equal "But please do what you can to get it us something to hunt, so we can still be the same proud Vri even in the mountains," He looked around at the tribe, he saw their eyes, saw them nod as they understood what had to be done. Then he took one last mournful look around at the plains that had been his home for his entire life "We must leave for now but we will return one day and not even gods and spirits will stop it this I swear!" With heavy heart he turned to Astarth "Lets go to these mountains of yours,"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2017, 05:59:09 pm »

Mithras essence rears up, brilliantly flaring to life as it confronts X'arilyg.

"Twisted god, I make no claim but what any with eyes may see, with ears may hear, and minds may consider. I have seen your creations, and the changes you bring to the Vri. Unasked for, and harmful as they are, what else can one think but that you are a force of evil? You twist and change the Vri in mind and body to force them to kneel before you. You create food for them that entraps them and binds them to your will. You are the antithesis of health. Any claim to be doing this for their imporvment can be easily seen as the falsehood it is under the scrutiny of your actions."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2017, 06:33:29 pm »

X'arilyg physical form grows to a even bigger shroud, to confront the argument presented by Mithra.

"Unasked for... If the sentients received everything they ever wanted from the gods, they would all become clingy, greedy, and slothful. This argument is ill-effective and has poor logic rational, all changes from the God are unasked for, the very way you warped the ground or the resources you added, those were unasked for. They may have insight and reward you with gratitude in the future, but in the moment you created or did anything was unasked for. The Vri's very will is to have no interaction and have isolation from the gods and spirits, all things which us as the Gods do not want. This entity condemns your double-standards. Secondly about this entity's actions of control and dominance, these things that this entity have brought upon the lands. Mind-warping food and asking for their servitude is a necessity so that they obey my will and creed, and do not second-guess or try to betray this entity. If this entity wants to make positive and good changes for the Vri, but they do not accept, than it will help no-one in the end. That is why Servitude must be created and should be enforced in to all Vri.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2017, 11:32:13 pm »

Exkit. If you could put in a good word to your followers concerning me and my servant, not only would I greatly appreciate it, but it would likely help me in bringing you that which you seek.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:57:27 am by Roboson »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2017, 04:03:19 am »

Exkit nods, and returns to Diaq.

Stob receives his new orders. The preaching in the mountains shall continue, and the word shall be thus:
-The great spirit of Fire is pleased at your devotion.
-A new gift awaits those who journey to the slopes of Diaq, available only to the most faithful.
-Know that Lu is the great spirit of Strength, and that he shall lead you to victory.
-Make of the craftsvri captives, that you might learn their secrets.

Exkit nods to himself. The mortals had duly come, and he had rewarded them with tools and weapons. Yet now Mosk was dispersed, there would be no more crafted gifts. But the way of worship was to be an exchange- any god who demands worship without offering rewards is a foul being indeed.
So it was that he conceived of a new gift for his followers. He would grant them a single word- the word of FIRE.

Those Vri who visited Diaq (and were true in their worship of Exkit) would be granted a vision in their dreams. A towering being of fire, that looked down upon them and spoke a single word-
"ISATI"
and as they spoke it, flames billowed into existence all around them. Desperately seeking escape, something possesses them to repeat the word spoken by the great spirit- and the flames part. Spoken again, and fire emerges from their hands. Once more, and their axe is wreathed in flames. The great spirit looks upon them, and nods, before speaking (with an undertone of anger):
"Such is the gift granted to those who follow Exkit. Go forth and Burn in my name."

Act: Grant the Vri who make the pilgrimage to Diaq very rudimentary pyromancy. Not a gift which all are capable of using- and even for most who can, lighting a campfire will be about the most they can manage. Rare shall be those individuals who can summon gouts of flame from their hands.
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2017, 04:09:21 am »

((Event Post))

The tribe whispers among itself. It is important to them that they stay together, to stay as a tribe. But it is also important to them to be able to hunt and to be able to roam the plains freely. The mountains were where the wretched Mountain Vri lived and it was a place of cold and hunger. Both options were ones the Vri found horrible. It is the tribe's Chieftain who steppes forward at last "We have been pulled apart and separated enough and we all know that being scattered across the plains would cause many of us to die. But...," he approached Astarth and placed his hands on her shoulders as an equal "But please do what you can to get it us something to hunt, so we can still be the same proud Vri even in the mountains," He looked around at the tribe, he saw their eyes, saw them nod as they understood what had to be done. Then he took one last mournful look around at the plains that had been his home for his entire life "We must leave for now but we will return one day and not even gods and spirits will stop it this I swear!" With heavy heart he turned to Astarth "Lets go to these mountains of yours,"

Astarth nodded. "We shall return."

And with that, Astarth cast her spells and brought the tribes to the mountains. Some would be scattered and she would find them. Some would be hungry, and she would provide. She would create the alpaca to soothe their stomachs and warm their skins. Some would be fearful, she would protect. She was a healer and she would heal their wounds.

1 Act: Mass teleport the tribe to the Lunar Priory.
1 Minor Act: Move to Mountains.
1 Minor Act: Go around looking for scattered tribesmen and bring them to the safety of the Priory.
1 Act: Create the alpaca, wooly quadrupeds able to survive the hardy conditions of the mountains. They have a thick coat of wool and delicious meat. Alpaca are intrinsically born with the knowledge of the Hunt and accept their place as prey. They feed mainly on potatoes and whatever other vegetation they can find.
1 Minor Act: tame a few alpaca for the Priory not as food items, but as a permanent source of wool. This won't be enough for the whole tribe, merely just to show the others that animals have other uses besides meat.
1 Act: Fortify the Lunar Priory preventing anyone from accessing it save for tribemembers/followers of Astarth and those she allows permission.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2017, 04:20:10 am »

Exkit felt a great movement, and shivered. Something had changed, and so his plans would have to change also.

Stob receives his new new orders. The preaching in the mountains shall continue, and the word shall be thus:
-The great spirit of Fire is pleased at your devotion.
-A new gift awaits those who journey to the slopes of Diaq, available only to the most faithful.
-Know that Lu is the great spirit of Strength, and that he shall lead you to victory.
-There shall appear in the mountains lost Vri, who know many secrets. Invite them to join your fires, and share in your meat, then learn their knowledge. Stop them if they try to leave.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:06:19 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 27, 2017, 07:59:52 am »

The essence of Mithra split it's attention between the destroying god and the god of the riverside that worked with the Vri so carefully. "God Acter, I have seen the way you handle the Vri, I am grateful for your gentle hand and the progress you give to them. I feel that we two are akin in our wish for this world and the Vri, and I think a relationship between us would lead to great things for the Vri. I would enjoy it greatly if my followers could learn of and from you, and I would heal and teach your followers of myself. If we are together I am sure that the Vri will prosper greatly."
Now, Acter was not the most attentive of gods. He held the reigns of power lightly, and tended to let others do as they wished.

This meant it could take a while for him to notice that someone had specifically asked for his attention.

-processing, processing-
...ah. Um.
Sorry for not responding to you earlier, Mithra!
Er, yes, yes I'd appreciate that. I'd appreciate it greatly! Just, ah, point them toward the Rivershore; my Servants' camp is over there, pretty clearly visible.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 27, 2017, 12:13:52 pm »

"The entity, Astarth, mass dispersion you thought of the tribe would realign them into a more safer place of existence, but your actions have only helped the ones who want to gain new worshippers. Mistakes on your part, have been achieved.
You have opened up new grounds for the ones will still wish to remain, the addicts and the now the migrators from the heartlands. But what if the mass mobilization isn't as effective as you have to remain, and their are still stragglers from the tribe who are just dispersed in the plains. These are free sentients to the harvest, perfect for the conversion process."

(Minor Act: If any stragglers from the original tribe remain, or if some are not teleported correctly to the mountain and remain in the outskirts of the plains. Send dreams of a place captivating in life with Apple Trees that is in a part of the plains, where all my worshippers are)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2017, 08:58:20 am »

Mithra responded to the twisted god with righteous anger "If you can not even understand the difference between making that which the Vri can partake in freely and the creation of mind twisting addictions you are even more crazed then I thought! Your forceful demands that they bow to you is completely abhorrent. You would see them twisted into some horrid mirror of what they are, a twisted reflection, all for your own self edification and the pursuit of your 'perfection'. This is what makes you a terrible monster to mine eyes! Goodbye twisted one, I no longer wish to converse with you on this matter." Mithra finished as it faded away from the presence of the god of madness.

Mithra's spirit then went out to the scrubby plains where the tribes of Vri roamed. It moved among it's people, watching them in their lives. They were not ready to accept Mithras directions from on high, and perhaps the god of love had a point, shallow though it's thoughts were, as to Mithras nature of wanting control. Instead Mithra breathed a fog of innovation onto them as they slept, filling their minds and hearts with Mithras love of progress. Mithra knew not what would come of this, the god could only hope that their progress would take them in an acceptable direction. So much godly power visited in one place strained the fabric of reality, Mithra knew this, and so fled the area before the results of it's actions could become clear. Before it left it sent a seed of a thought to it's servant, that it's people must leave the area, and that a new god could be found.

After Mithras spirit finished it's work the Preacher came back to the Tribe. There it lived with them for a time, eventually making the pronouncement that the tribe must once again leave the plains, as they would in future years become more dangerous. Instead it would tell them of a new land filled with prey to hunt, and a new god, a sibling of Mithra and it's servants, who may help them as Mithra has.

Once the Tribe reached the area that would be their home for the next while, the Teacher traveled from Mithras heartland, drawn to the tribe by their new knowledge. It would live among them and learn both from them and from the servants of Acter who lived along the riverside. With the additional resource of fish in the area, the teacher will also attempt to pass on the knowledge of how to exploit such a food resource to the tribe.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2017, 09:32:46 am »

if that is how the game is played, so be it.
Minor Act: Cause a minor calamity in the Riverlands

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2017, 09:56:18 am »

"Why would you do this Lu? Are thou so petty you can not even stand to see others live their lives, away and affecting you?"

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2017, 10:01:56 am »

I see no reason not to do so. I have nothing to lose by it, and it bothers me not. I care not for the suffering of your mortals, and neither you nor I know what dangers the calamity may bring. Perhaps the mortals will receive inspiration, perhaps a plague. I do not ask fate for it's verdict, only cast the die. Give me sufficient reason to leave your mortals in peace, and I shall do so.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2017, 10:51:57 am »

"The only reason I can give is that you constantly paint yourself as an enemy to me, constantly you threaten and poke. I do not wish to be your enemy, I thought we could perhaps be friends, at one point in time. When that failed I thought perhaps if we were to separate for a time that we could at least avoid each other. But still you keep poking at me and mine. I would ask why, why do you always wish for me to react to you? Do you need my attention so? Is it love? Is it hate? Why?"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8