Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Calamities of the new gods  (Read 6272 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Calamities of the new gods
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2017, 11:08:32 am »

Hey, hey, hey! The Rivershore is my place! The hell's the point of targeting it? There's nobody that even lives there!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2017, 11:15:57 am »

As long as you have impeded me, I shall do the same unto you. There is no love, and little hate, involved. Simply a reaction to an action. If you do not like the reaction, change the action or provide me with a better reaction. There is no reason for me not to, and your insults help your case little.

As for you Acter, I am truly sorry. It seems that Mithra would rather try to hide behind you than face my fury. I am truly sorry that they chose your lands to hide within, yet I cannot let justice go unserved.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2017, 11:17:47 am »

Oba sighed, steam poring out of unseen blowholes he had secreted throughout his obelisk. He put them there to discourage any birds from roosting on him, but now served as a good way to express his frustration.
 The Vri had proven unable to reach his Spung rafts that he created, and they floated full of fruit in the sea, tempting his starving followers. Oba needed to do something before any Vri had the thought to try swimming and climbing on the floating rafts.

First 2 Acts:Create the Cultivator and the Shaper, along with another Silver Knight: The Cultivator is a level 5 cultivator, taking care of plants and renewable resources. He manages them so that while there is enough food to eat for the Vri, he takes the best plants and their seeds to grow for the next harvest. He also takes Spung rafts and puts them in shallow pools (Oba will provide seeds if necessary) for them to grow. The Shaper is a level 5 crafter, imbued with knowledge of woodworking and boatmaking. He will make boats for th Vri, and teach them how to use them. They both are Vri shaped, made of earth.

3rd Act: Create Appa trees. These trees grow tall and quickly, and have delicious fruit. Their wood is rather soft, but good for simple boat making. A Vri with simple tools could cut it down, and create rafts and fishing boats. The fruit drops once it is ripe, and Vri find it sweet. With this act Oba creates a grove of these trees, already laden with fruit.

Oba calls forth the caretakers from their activities, and instructs them to teach the Vri to worship him with rituals, such as songs at dawn and dusk. He also tells them that the Vri are to bring offerings of their harvests, around 10%. They are to leave in front of Oba, and when they depart Oba "swallows" the offering to store in case of famine or hardship. In return he listens to prayers and answers those that are within a minor acts worth of power. The first person to refuse will be struck down by Oba's power, and those who refuse after will be giving one warning (those who are unable to are exempt, as are children).  And so Oba begins religion.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:03:03 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2017, 11:23:42 am »

"You would demand that I do not tend to my children under threat to bedevil at me? I do nothing to harm you or your own, I avoid you, and yet you still pester me! Why do you not think of this the other way? If you do not like my actions, tell me why, and ask that I change them. Perhaps apply your own philosophy, and tell me a better action I may take?"
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:26:12 am by Criptfeind »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2017, 11:28:05 am »

Your actions have wrought harm upon me, and so harm in turn is returned. You could simply temper yourself so that your use of power does not dispel my servant, as you have threatened to do in the past, and now make good on that threat despite my following of your terms. I do not care as to the contents of your actions, only how they effect me. You can take any action you like, and it not bother me, so long as it doesn't harm me. I am responding to the harm, not the action.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2017, 11:36:34 am »

"The entity, Mithra, you claim that this entity actions have been defined by the morality coin of "evil", insist with your confirmation bias if you will, but your false tendencies are weaknesses of your essence... This entity action's have been on the necessity of existence and maintaining the order of progression, this entity does not seek deliberate harm as you call it with your false tendencies of belief. My only wish is to see the world become more fruitful and diverse, it lacks things which your mind couldn't handle. Secondly, you seek a "holy purge" with this entity, yet you seek to improve on their own. What about circulation, what if these technologies creates weapons of destruction that will be used against your own worshippers. Do you actually believe you can forever be the upholder of peace? A peacekeeper?, you actually believe we are the "evil ones", when in reality you are the twisted one, with your own consequences resulting in the lost of life, by your hands."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2017, 11:41:36 am »

"My first objection to you was how you use Atu to both harm and terrify those that do not follow you. Although you have, for a short time at least, avoided using for harm, although I hear even now you promise to use it against any who do not follow you. But immediately upon reject of you by the tribes you once against went back to using it to terrify and threaten the Vri. It is no wonder that they have such a low opinion of 'us' gods. The way you misuse Atu is a disservice to all the divine. If my actions will send it back, I will shed no tear. You are like a child who uses it's favorite toy to destroy, and then cries when that toy is taken away. It would be right to dismiss Atu, but that was not my intention here, I simply am looking after my children. If you do not wish me to do so, I say to you what you say to me, if you do not like the actions that I take, tell me some other path, and why I should take it."

Mithra replied to Lu, resolutely ignoring the pestering of the insane god, it's words too gibberish to try to engage with.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:46:27 am by Criptfeind »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2017, 12:17:29 pm »

o.o
Can we all please maybe calm down and not start taking things out on each other's followers and unrelated third parties' Areas? Because I'd really, really appreciate that if we could.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2017, 01:27:16 pm »

My actions in the mountains affect you nor your followers. So too do their actions on the plains vri. My servant simply serves the mortals which accept it. If you do not like that, pester them, not me.
I would harm them only if they chose to harm eachother. While this was the not the case in the plains, so it is now true. Yet you treat it as if I am the origin of evil. Though, the longer this feud continues, the more tempting devastation appears. For now, where few Vri may have died to Atu, perhaps many will die to the raiders. As long as you limit my actions, they must become ever more extreme.

I would not ask you to change your action, for you are a pestilent god. Your actions are not to improve yourself, but to limit others and limit the Vri. You are a danger to all gods, for no god is safe from your interference. No god may be left to their own devices as long as you continue. Take note members of the divinity, your actions are not safe, your opinions of naught consequence, for Mithra claims themselves as master of all gods, free to control you in whatever way they see fit. Be wary, for one day your actions may displease this god of gods, and you too shall know the pain of this intercession.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2017, 10:07:04 am »

Spoiler: Main text (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: summary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: areas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: gods (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 02:02:53 pm by Jerick »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2017, 10:54:53 am »

And lo, the one known as Stob appeared before the Mountain Vri. And he said:
-Exkit is angry. Stay away from Diaq for a while.
-If you want to appease Exkit, go forth and burn the world.

Exkit sat upon his throne of ice at the peak of Diaq. He looked across the world, and saw that it was good. It was wonderful. It was so incredibly flammable.
The obsidian armour that encased him started to glow. His frozen perch quickly melted away, as he stood upright. He pointed with one hand towards the depths of Diaq, then flung it upwards.
For a moment, nothing happened. But then Diaq started to rumble. The peak shook violently, and Exkit stepped off of it onto the air. Pressure built within the mountain, until it could contain it no more.
Diaq erupted. The top of the mountain exploded, molten rock flew through the air, and a massive mushroom cloud of ash and dust rose into the sky. The slopes of Diaq were bombarded with rubble, and overrun by clouds of heavy, choking ash. With what self-control he still possessed, Exkit tried to guide the devastation to a single side of the mountain, giving life a chance to survive on the other slopes.

Act: Cause Diaq to erupt violently.

"Not enough, never enough! Burn! BURN!"

Act: Empower self, increasing the potency of my flames for what is to come.

As the clouds of ash spread across the world, dimming the sun, Exkit travelled across it. There was little to burn in the mountains, unfortunately. The plains, however! Blasts of divine fire started dozens of fires amongst the reed-grass.

Minor Act: Move to the plains
Minor Act: Start wildfires

Mithra's lands were also filled with flowing fields of flammable flora, and Exkit delighted in burning these too.

Minor Act: Move to the Mithra's Heartlands

The river was not flammable, he discovered. But the banks had greenery, and the greenery was flammable.

Minor Act: Move to the Rivershore

The sea, too, was not flammable. But trees and berries grew on the shore, and they lit up the night in an incredibly festive manner. 

Minor Act: Move to the Bay
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 11:01:21 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2017, 11:37:23 am »

Minor Act: use the river to prevent wildfires at the Rivershore.

Exkit, if you would kindly refrain from interfering with this location, it would be greatly appreciated.

Act: Gift those that worship me with the blessing of Improvement. All who have it will find that they can more swiftly learn any skills they choose to practice. This blessing will be for all that ever worship me.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 04:14:01 pm by Glass »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2017, 11:53:58 am »

For a moment something may feel off some may notice on the plains...light almost like glittery dust...a remnant...of something. Of the divine? Foreign. Yet familiar to a few perhaps.

This energy combines and sinks into the ground. The ground shakes as it sinks into the ground the skeleton's of dead Vri both old and new. Small creatures and big creatures insects and other dead. All dead. All gone. Some from old age. Some from battle. Many dead before their time. Deprived of the life they deserved. Deprived of a second chance. Deprived of seeing their families or saying last words to their loved ones.

Regret. It was an abomination. It was wrong no one should regret. One chance is not enough for life. Not enough for all those unspoken words. All those things that one wanted to do. Those people you don't want to abandon. Many have lost those dreams. Even the simplest of animals have dreams.

As such. Fate. Perhaps decrying the injustice in this world. Lashing against the cruelty of death has perhaps by chance perhaps purposefully brought this energy this energy teeming with potential and it bloom's forth with a resounding crack.

Among the bodies of many. Vri. Animals. Insects. A ravine opens up. An abyss with pathways up and down it easy to memorize and traverse plant life welcomed in and a fog coats it. A warm azure color teeming with life. Teeming with a chance.

A Second chance.

The Ravine/Abyss of Second chances is created.

Opening up in the planes it is rather large and encompasses a sizeable area of the planes leaving only small land bridges to get from one side of the plane to the next.

It just so happens that the addict Vir will find this opening in front of their path. Not enough to fall in of course but they are at the entrance.

Once it is done. The next part comes's. A body seemingly forming. Bone. Muscle. Organs. Skin. Mouth. Nose. Eyes. Hair. Clothes covering it a soft blue robe. The eye's open. Blue dull and lifeless something sturring confusion? Dazed clearly gripping the violet disheveled hair on their head.

The tall women looks in wonder at their own hands at their existence. They feel...empathy. A flicker of something...passion. Driving them to continue on to not dally. Looking at the bones. The decaying corpses. The dead of insects and other small creatures. They...No. She. Lin. Can only feel one thing. Sadness. Wrongness. This was wrong.

This was not how it was supposed to be. This was an injustice against all decency. All morals. All of their being. This had to be fixed and so the power coalescing in their hand they spoke their voice Nobel brave yet almost monochromatic struggling to add inflection and there feeling's into their voice.

It...this felt right. This felt right. THIS FELT RIGHT!

They had done this before! This was their second chance! This was them and they were alive! They lived! They deserved to live! These being's deserved to live! A smile formed them and a warmth overtook them overwhelming them and tears stung her eyes so beautiful an emotion.

Joy.

It overwhelmed them and she knew she had another purpose to spread this. To share this feeling this bliss this wonder.

Lin Fully manifests and revives every creature she can in the ravine/Abyss to life. They would unknowingly to her not be sentient.
 No not yet. But they would be filled with joy. Happy. Perhaps their sound of joy would reach out of the abyss and urge those to venture down into the location.

Realizing something Lin shoots up and after using their energy looks around. Smiling eagerly and with glee at the feeling of utter warmth at the feeling they are doing something good and just they look around. Are they alone? Are they the only one?

"HELLO!? ANYBODY LIKE ME HERE?!"

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:38:14 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2017, 12:00:05 pm »

*loud noises from the plains*
Eh, what?
*brief teleport minor act, and...*
...Varalin what are you doing and why is there a hole in the Plains.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2017, 12:09:45 pm »

Lin startled immediately jumping and almost cartwheeling comically in the air giving a startled screech of sorts! Clearly, she hadn't seen that coming!

It took a moment for her to understand what the man had said....Her eye's looked confused similar..her face similar..she...was eerily similar. But off. She was off her eyes dull her hair different her face softened and taller than before. Wearing a different outfit as well.

But the confusion was strong. She....recognized this person? Not by name? But they, she felt she should know them. But she didn't and that caused a brow twitch ever so slight as an ache in their head seemed to blossom forth. Before they spoke tentatively a small smile growing for some odd reason that wonderful feeling manifesting inside them...they. Wanted to do something.

Friend? Befriend? That....sounded wonderful.

Their voice came out. A painfully fake drawl almost long and deep teasing and mirthful filled with joy an ever so familiar bit of passion perhaps sparking in her dead looking eyes.

"Welllll helloooo to youuu tooo Mrrrrr line's! I don't quite know what ye be reckoning about heh.
 My name is little Miss Lin! Darn am I happy to meet you Mr lines!"

Wiggling their eyebrows giving a shiny grin they gave a small twirl their dress spinning before putting their arms behind their head and focusing intently on Acter curious what they had to say.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8