Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Calamities of the new gods  (Read 6278 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Calamities of the new gods
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2017, 05:51:27 pm »

1 Act, two Servants: Zeta (2 hunting 2 cooking) and Aleph (2 craftsmanship 1 speech)
They have the appearance of a bare outline of a Vri. The stay to themselves at their camp at the Rivershore; although they do not need to eat, Zeta hunts the Grass Eaters and gathers the various spices to cook meals for visitors with, while Aleph makes tools and weapons for him. Zeta does not speak; Aleph will answer questions asked of him, will provide teaching in craftsmanship if requested, and will tell visitors of Acter.

Minor Act: send good dreams to the subject of Work of a Smith, the craftsmen, and the leatherworkers.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 07:41:01 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2017, 06:49:58 pm »

"Many trying to remove this entity's followers from existence, results must not be successful. These worshippers shall thrive and prosper so that they will help all for the True Mind. The wiseman and the adviser, need help from others. A agriculture-sentient to allow a society to grow, and a engineer-sentient to allow a society to prosper and exist.
First Act: Create the Cultivator and the Developer: The Cultivator is a (3 Farming, 1 Leadership) who takes the shape of a Vri, and helps the small addict worshippers start cultivating and harvesting the mushrooms and local apple trees, to begin the beginnings of a small village in the plains. The Developer (3 Construction), also takes the shape of a well-built Vri, and starts building basic Reed Huts and starts building the initial attempts at a communal hamlet for the addicts.

"Resources are lacking in the plains for this entity's liking. More resources need to be developed in this entity's image for the sentients to continually exist and thrive off the world. Physiologically needs must be dated, if self-realization is to exist. These new resources shall kill two birds with one stone. The lumber will be a great construction resource, and the sustenance shall allow creatures to have multiple foods for them to have reliability.
Second Act: Create the Purple Apple Trees (Violet Malus pumila) in the Plains around the Captivians and addict Vri. A natural lumber-containing tree that also produces apples that are purple. The apples have no chemicals or any source of addiction within them, their just purple so that normally-minded people will second guess if they should eat these apples, and the addicts will love them because they look like the purple mushrooms. The apples contains a heavy amount of nutrients and proteins, that can help sustain sentients and other creatures. These trees naturally drop their apples in a seasonal rotation so that the seeds from the apples can spread, and for other creatures to harvest of it's apples. The apple tree gets plenty of its nutrients from the unclaimed soil of the plains.

Minor Act 1: Tell the Wiseman Servant, that the next objective is to reproduce with the addicts, to create more worshippers for the True Mind. Secondly, hoping that the genes of schizophrenia from the real Wiseman is still within the servant and can be passed on to future generations.
Minor Act 2: Tell the Cultivator Servant, that he has a objective to make sure the Captivians and Purple Apple Trees do not die out to extinction, and that they are cultivated, correctly.
Minor Act 3: Send dreams within sporadic amounts of the Stone Age Vri, of a glorious place in the plains about these exotic trees that have apples. Encourage migration through this process.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2017, 08:06:01 pm »

[ACT]I Create the Twisted lands, a place of fertile fields, and fiery rivers to the northwest of the mountains.
[ACT]Upon the Twisted lands I create Sheep hedge Lettuce, four legged semi animal, semi plant creatures with green, leafy "Fur". They reproduce by Spores and grow rooted in place until they have reached the age of three months and full grown to size. they consume light viva photosynthesis to survive, but can subsist by cannibalizing other plants  if they can't get enough light. Their leafy fur can be sheared off, to provide green wool. they are VERY passive creatures, and are incapable of feeling pain.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2017, 12:58:40 am »

The angry visage of Lu appears before the Plains Vri, manifested through Atu's magic. You have angered me for the final time, people of the plains. I sent you my boomerang so that the strong may lead the hunt and defend the tribe. I sent you my servant to give you the gifts of knowledge, strength, and vitality. He chased off a traitor and corrupter in your midst, one who would subvert your mind and twist your souls until you thanked him for ravaging your being into nothing but empty husks. Yet in light of these gifts, you spit in the face of my emissary, and refused the gifts he offered. Such an offense has not gone unnoticed and with my dying breath, it will be punished. Think long and hard people of the plains, of your insolence and your future, for the next time you see Atu, he will be there to slay you. Pray for your salvation, pray for my mercy, but do not dare ask for strength, for you have rejected it.

With that Lu sends Atu to the mountains to talk to the raiders there. Atu is to deliver the following message in the same manner as his message to the Plains Vri (using magic to display a hologram): I am the God Lu, lord of strength and king of might. I delivered my boomerang to the Plains Vri and made them strong enough to repel you. They responded to this gift with insolence. For this, I shall repay them in kind. I have come to you to offer you unimaginable strength and magical power. I come to offer you the plains, and all of the bountiful rewards that the Plainsmen have denied you all this time. Worship me alongside my fellows, and I will give you the world. To show you what is to come, I offer you this, The Obsidian Gauntlets. The Vri that follows my warbanner and proves himself most alligned with my house will receive this gift. Forged in Diaq itself by the smith guard as payment for my creation of the mountain potatoes that sustain you now, these gauntlets will make any vri who wears them the strongest Vri in the world. What say you mountaineers? Will you accept my offer?

Have Atu deliver the two messages above. Have him spend time with the mountain folk helping them, making them strong, training them in combat, giving them blessings, and preaching of Lu (basically trying to win them over). Also have Atu aid the mountain Vri on any raids, other military endeavors, gathering mountain potatoes, and anything else the Vri are doing that he could help with. Offer the Obsidian Gauntlets to the most devote of my followers.

Bonus secondary objectives: Capture some craftsmen to gift to Exkit and recover Lu's boomerang.

Minor Act: Lu moves to the riverlands and tries to soak up some of that unaffiliated worship there.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 09:09:34 am by Roboson »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2017, 08:23:49 am »

Exkit watched as the mortals came to pay homage to him, and felt invigorated. Now was the time to make good on his promise with the food-god. Leaving Diaq, he roamed the mountains, looking for the perfect material. Probing beneath the earth, he dismissed dozens of veins of rock before finally finding one that would be acceptable. Carving out a chunk of the marble-esque stone, he brought it back to Diaq and set to work. He chiseled away for days, sculpting a large stone wok. Onto the outside he carved intricate patterns- images of food, that came together to form arcane symbols. To match Gnyr's spirit, he then bathed the wok in a pool of minerals created for this very purpose, that gave the stone a turquoise hue. Finally, he attached two obsidian handles to the wok, enchanted so that one could lift the whole thing with relative ease despite its weight.
He looked upon his work, wiping a nonexistent bead of sweat off of his forehead, and was satisfied. He travelled once again to Ignus Valley, delivering the artifact to Gnyr before leaving wordlessly.

Act: Create Artifact: Gnyr's Wok: Made from what appears to be turquoise, Gnyr's Wok is... well, it's a wok. The handles are made of obsidian. The curious thing about it is that one does not require a fire to cook with it; on command, the wok will heat up to the desired temperature- it can even be made to cool down, letting one freeze things. The wok sings (not with words, but with pleasant humming) as it cooks, and by listening to the tune one can get a better idea of what the food needs to reach its full potential; a little more salt, slightly lower heat, turning over more often- the wok knows. When the food is done, the wok announces this by going ding.
(Possible abilities: Passive: +X to Cooking skill, Active: Pacify (prevent from acting) target mortal, hero, or lesser servant for a turn by serving them the perfect meal.)

Give Gnyr's Wok to Gnyr
Long Live United Forenia!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2017, 08:27:59 am »

"I am disappointed to see that you have seemingly learned nothing from our talk Lu. Immediately you break our agreement, threatening the Vri with your beast for not worshiping you, and to compound this sin you send it to gather warriors to bring harm to them? I am disappointed in you, I thought perhaps you may be reasonable, and willing to put aside destruction for a pursuit of greater strength... But I see now that this is not the case. You are no god of strength, but a god of bullying and destruction. This is a great shame. As it takes great strength to live in thrive in a world as this, you could have been a boon to the Vri, but I see now that you will only choose to be a scourge."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2017, 09:01:44 am »

Scourge I must be, for I am starving. We attempted to approach matters your way and it failed miserably. The Plains Vri rejected our teachings and would not accept our gifts. In my time of need they would rather stand resolute in their lack of faith. I simply seek others who would be more receptive of my gifts. I will work towards survival, then I shall work towards the uplifting of the Vri. Perhaps the mountain people would be more receptive, and if that is the case, then I am their ally. I do not institute the fighting between Vri, only chose a side because I must.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2017, 09:10:56 am »

Exkit visits Lu.

"STRENGTH GOD", he bellows.
"You have my thanks for the potatoes. Now what's this about you leading the Mountain Vri on raids?"
"If it is true"- Exkit takes a deep breath, like someone suppressing their emotions- "Could you tell them to capture some craftsmen, that they might learn their secrets?"
Long Live United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2017, 10:34:29 am »

It is my artifact and its subsequent recreations that allowed the plains Vri to repel the Mountain Vri. This was an oversight on my part, and a gift unappreciated by the plains vri. It is least I can do to attempt to secure you some craftsmen.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2017, 11:33:11 am »

Mithra responded to the words of Lu with sadness "I do not begrudge you your attempts at life, but when you think that the only course forward is to break your word and bring death and destruction to others you have gone past self preservation. You urge the mountain dwellers to war, when you could show them how to live with strength and peace of their own. You will bring them death and destruction when you could bring life and civilization, they would love you for helping them, but you choose instead to feed on their baser nature and incite a love of death within them."

The essence of Mithra split it's attention between the destroying god and the god of the riverside that worked with the Vri so carefully. "God Acter, I have seen the way you handle the Vri, I am grateful for your gentle hand and the progress you give to them. I feel that we two are akin in our wish for this world and the Vri, and I think a relationship between us would lead to great things for the Vri. I would enjoy it greatly if my followers could learn of and from you, and I would heal and teach your followers of myself. If we are together I am sure that the Vri will prosper greatly."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:58:43 am by Criptfeind »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2017, 01:38:47 pm »

My word was true and kept. I neither cursed nor slayed any of the Vri. We preached together and they chose not to worship us, though this may have more to do with the failure of your servant than anything. So now I must move on to their enemies for they have made their choice, and also they have made mine. I harbor no love nor hate for these mortals, and they choose to live in their simple ways. Their lives are against my nature, peaceful, calm, like cows and sheep, and so I shall find mortals better fit for power. And if no such mortals exist I shall fade from this world, for it has no need for strength or survival. The meek shall inherit the earth, and dully graze upon its grass like the cattle they are.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2017, 03:38:07 pm »

'The Spirits are at conflict; we-you free vri are...pawns. The Spirits play games, desiring your reverence like flesh, but not like the hunt for even grass-eaters have a chance and live free until their end. No, they demand your body and mind in perpetuity..."

Astarth paused, unsure if she should even be offering this.

"There...there is a way to protect ourselves. Once long ago, I inhabited a place in the mountains. Life there is harsh, but I can fortify it from the other spirits at the least...for a time. Before the weak-minds they have under thrall give them enough of their selves to destroy me...then I'm not sure what will happen to the tribe. But...and believe me when I say this only because of our....circumstances...if you can lend me your aid, your Love, then perhaps I may fight off the others. I know this makes me little different from the rest, but I will not have you as slaves. I will still be your healer, I will still warm myself by the fire, I will still care for the children and sick...but now I also now offer to be a warrior, a protector against others of my kind..."

"I understand this offer is not the sweetest of flesh, not the best of tales. I know. If you cannot not, will not aid me in this way, then I offer another path. I will scatter the tribe around the plains, hide your scent from the other spirits and their servants. I will wither and perhaps so that the tribe may live...but I know not how long my enchantments will last, nor will I be able to aid you after I wither completely."

"You my tribe have the final choice. I hear the other spirits in conflict oncemore; we have a short time before deciding a course of action. Think deeply of this and I shall carry out the will of our people, whatever it may be."

Say the above to my tribe and I will make a decision after they tell me of their opinions.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 04:18:51 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2017, 04:09:57 pm »

Mithra watched Astarth talk to the Vri, and sent a question to the other god. A small query hidden from the Vri. 

"I can only applaud your plans to protect the Vri from harm and predators, but why do you so hypocritically lie to them? Do you think they would reject you if you do not feed them falsehoods? Do not be so afraid of rejection, I am sure that given the truth they would accept the love you have to give with open arms."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2017, 04:24:58 pm »

Astarth's whispers are full of bile and hot red anger. She certainly is not offering you tea any time soon.

"Lies? Lies?! You...you...believe that I would lie to my tribe? My family like this? I may be of the same essence as you, and once thought like you...but I have lived with the vri for a time, I have seen many of my kinsmen born from their mothers, seen them grow, hunt and make children of their own. I have seen them grow old, wither and die, while I remain. I have played with the young, hunted with the spry and discussed with the elders. Do you really think I would lie, betray my tribe? You who call yourself 'civilised', I call you an imbecile and bastard fool cannot even understand what it is to be alive, to Love. Away with you and harass not my kin lest you wish to anger me yet more."
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 04:27:13 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2017, 05:03:20 pm »

Mithras response is at first nothing but a sense of confusion and hurt, even touches of anger. Eventually it's feelings resolves into resignation.

"I shall not interfere with those that you claim as kin. But I do not understand where your feelings have come from. I love the Vri, all Vri. The way I show it may differ from you and perhaps it is the lesser, but what I do I do for them... This is no game to me Sister, and it hurts when you make that accusation. Our paths may differ but I can only hope in the future you will realize I am not what you think. I wish to both you and your kin good health, if you should open your mind in the future, I would wish to converse with you again."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8