Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Calamities of the new gods  (Read 6274 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Calamities of the new gods
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2017, 12:16:07 pm »

*sighs* And it appears you're drunk or something. Grand.

Alright, listen, the name's Acter. Now, again, what exactly is it that you're doing and why is there now a hole in the middle of the Plains?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2017, 12:24:36 pm »

Drunk? Drunk? Their mind took a few seconds to process that.

Nah they weren't damn drunk this Acter must be having some troubles then perhaps the booze was addling their mind instead?!

HE'S JUST A BOY!!!

Wait...no he isn't. Still, this guy looks like he could need help. He is clearly drunk and It falls on me! The bringer of second chance's to help this poor man overcome his addiction to the booze!

Breathing deep and putting their hands on the man's shoulders or at least trying to. They speak a smile on their face trying to encourage him as their voice was filled with warmth.

"Good sir Acter! You poor lined...man? Man. You have clearly fallen to the treachery of booze and are a shell of your former self not even able to see or understand the world straight! Please let me welcome you into the glorious Ravine or abyss of second chances! Where I shall turn your life around on the Acterian's I swear it!"

((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2017, 12:24:55 pm »

"My Servants, you need to spread across the land and the world. The Plains is a everlasting and a dead-end to the True Mind. The loss of the Developer, is saddening but he shall see you once again in the future. Here is the plan of progress, half of you under the Wiseman will go to the Holyland, land filled with mushrooms and purple apple trees to the eyes may see, you may keep your addiction to the shrooms. The Cultivator shall be your leader of the other mass migration, he shall lead you to the life in the Rivershore. Their are still mushrooms in the Rivershore fellow followers and remember to keep your Reed Huts.

(Note: I'd made a 1 Healing Adviser for the wiseman in a previous turn, I'd just like to imagine he/she was just hiding in the background)
"Cultivator and Adviser, you have done well under the Addict Tribe. But now the next step of the plan of progress shall be enacted. You will become more effective at your jobs and I will give you the power and instructions you must fulfill.

Act 1: Upgrade the Cultivator and Adviser to become much more effective at their jobs, they are genetically and magically altered to become more effective and powerful. The Cultivator just has this presence and leading aura within him, and the Adviser has more potent abilities towards medically helping people.
Cultivator (3 Farming, 1 Leadership) -> (3 Farming, 4 Leadership); Adviser (1 Healing) -> (5 Healing). (-2 from # of Followers, -7 from Points Upgraded)

"Now is the time for the Mass Migration towards the better land addicts. Half of you will go to the great Rivershore, that is dreaming with thriving amounts of mushrooms to the mouth's content. And the other half will go towards the Swamp, it's basically the Holy Land but it will be a long journey. But the Holy Swamp will have so many mushrooms and purple apple trees for you addicts.

Act 2: Have the Cultivator alone and half of the addict tribe migrate and live within the River Shore. The Cultivator leads with the Magical Rock and the Tools of the Smith within this journey. They shall bring their technology and Reed Huts to the River Shore. Bless and Manipulate the Addict member's thoughts, to make them actually believe there is going to be a lot of mushrooms in the River Shore, so that their happy and content to make this journey.
Minor Act: Make sure that the Cultivator and the half-migrant addicts bring their goddamn Reed Huts to the River Shore. Also Once the realization of No mushrooms in the River Shore, make sure the Cultivator claim that their will be Mushrooms soon, they just have to wait

Minor Act: Have the Wiseman and the Adviser, with the Wiseman equipped with the Pyromancy Staff. Tell the other half-addicts of a glorious place called the Swamp, where the mushrooms are thriving and their are also purple apple trees. Instill thoughts of the other group of Addicts that this Swamp seems like a Holy Lands to them, and that they should migrate away from the Plains.
Minor Act: Have the Wiseman and Adviser first try to conduct diplomacy with the other group of Addicts in the Plains. If they refuse, use the pyromancy staff to instill servitude and fear towards me and that they should really go towards the Swamp.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 03:46:31 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2017, 12:27:25 pm »

[ACT]Now I enter my twisted lands, and I forge an Artifact, a pair of stone gates inscribed with my name, something any who looks upon it can read without reading, they are yet one single artifact, and place one in the The Rivershore, and one in the Twisted lands. (Passive: instantaneous Movement between two locations regardless of distance or non-magical interference, Active: Destroy the gate's link and cause "Through the crack a glimpse" on each end)

[ACT]Next I Plant Blazereed, an edible bamboo-like plant which can consume fire as a normal plant eats light. a plant which will quickly grow anywhere warm, and especially where it is fiery, but not where there is much cold. it has a sweet, but slightly salty taste.
[MNR ACT] I Spread Blazereed from the Twisted lands to The Diaq
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:46:17 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2017, 12:38:27 pm »

Drunk? Drunk? Their mind took a few seconds to process that.

Nah they weren't damn drunk this Acter must be having some troubles then perhaps the booze was addling their mind instead?!

HE'S JUST A BOY!!!

Wait...no he isn't. Still, this guy looks like he could need help. He is clearly drunk and It falls on me! The bringer of second chance's to help this poor man overcome his addiction to the booze!

Breathing deep and putting their hands on the man's shoulders or at least trying to. They speak a smile on their face trying to encourage him as their voice was filled with warmth.

"Good sir Acter! You poor lined...man? Man. You have clearly fallen to the treachery of booze and are a shell of your former self not even able to see or understand the world straight! Please let me welcome you into the glorious Ravine or abyss of second chances! Where I shall turn your life around on the Acterian's I swear it!"
[The small font was meant to show that he was saying it quietly so you wouldn't hear, but sure]

Mhm. Listen, I have people that need me back at the Rivershore, so if you'll excuse me, there's work to do. Take a visit if you like, but I gotta go.
Minor act, teleport back to the Rivershore.
Whelp, she clearly has no idea where she is.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2017, 12:46:29 pm »

Blinking quietly. As Acter disappeared Lin felt a little sadder for his departure. A small frown creasing her lips as she looked about was anyone else around? Did anyone else exist? Were she and acter the only ones.....the Rivershore is that thing over their? There were things their it looked alright.

But no no no! She wanted more. She was in a good mood a really good mood and felt happy joyous that was a pleasant encounter despite it being cut short..they hoped all encounters would be nice like that. Looking about and zipping about the planes it was obvious that she was looking for any others like her. Though she always returned to the Ravine/abyss after a moment of zipping about.

((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2017, 12:52:27 pm »

"Well greetings god of knowledge Acter, and thanks for allowing this entity's worshippers to develop a tribe in this area. They might suffer Withdrawal, but let this entity worry about that. For your nice acquaintance and allowing my worshippers refuge, you may have use of the Tools of the Smith. Until I can create another servant who can use the tools."

Minor Act: Give the Tools of the Smith to Acter for his own use, but the contracts states if X'arilyg wants his artifact back, the entity may retrieve it at any point of time.

Finally X'arilyg waning after a long day of work, the final duty for the entity was to rest upon his last artifact, the useless insanity tree. The entity thought that this "Tree of Voices" was the most cutest and innocent thing the entity has ever laid his eye (eye pun) upon. So it was the perfect place to create a nesting zone

Minor Act: Move to the Plains
Minor Act: As the big giant eyeball God, rest upon the Tree of Voices. Making sure no straggler or wildfire dares harm this worthless and cute artifact.

(Note to GM, the Cultivator Servant has the Magical Rock, doesn't require upkeep)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 01:00:53 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2017, 12:57:22 pm »

*X'arilyg left before Acter could thank him, Acter is nonplussed*
Erm, thanks...

Aleph now has the Tools of the Smith.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2017, 01:06:47 pm »

Abandoning this course of action. Please ignore.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 03:36:49 pm by Roboson »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2017, 01:21:00 pm »

The giant eye god maintain its rest and is pleased that a trade deal for its worshippers is going to become fruitful. The God of Strength, that previously tried to attack it, is now finally coming to its senses that only cooperation is the thing we need in the world, a thing that X'arilyg took time to realize. It's giant eye slowly woke up.

"Let us hope the Trade Caravan is fruitful, once the requirements are met, you shall be given your Magical Rock Artifact."

Minor Act: Give the Magical Rock to Lu, if the technologies (leather-making and boomerangs) circulate to the Rivershore Addict Tribe. At the beginning of the next turn, so I don't have to maintain upkeep on the Cultivator
Minor Act: Send the Mad Artificer to Meditate and learn a new meaning of life in the Tree of Voices

Final Minor Act: Try to forcibly include Captivians Mushrooms into the River Shore ecosystem
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 03:47:55 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2017, 03:28:32 pm »

Sometimes it takes Acter a while to realize things.
Sometimes he notices before anyone else. This time was the latter.
Mithra had disappeared, and her Servants were... fading would probably be the right word.

Acter wasn't going to let that happen.

Act: claim the Teacher, the Preacher, and the Healer, ex-Servants of Mithra, downgrading each to 2 in their personal stat. Furthermore, displaying their change in allegiance, they are marked with black lines that lie along the outline of their bodies

Minor Act: through the Servants, inform the Mithra Vri that Mithra has disappeared under unclear circumstances, but that Acter has sworn to protect them in Mithra's stead. In addition, the Servants will try to lead them to the Rivershore, though if they refuse to leave, they will not leave those they protect.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:31:02 pm by Glass »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2017, 04:53:20 am »

Minor Act: Continue being part of tribe. Serve tea, hunt, tell stories and all that kind of stuff.
Minor Act: Ask the Vri what they think happens to the dead.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 02, 2017, 07:22:44 pm »

The world is sorely lacking in beasts of all natures. The lacking of which creates monotony for all the beings of this world, myself included. I shall begin to diversify the world.

Lu creates the first predator. The creature, which Lu will name the Uniporc is a terrifying beast. It is a massive boar, measuring 200 cm (6.5 ft) in height. Secondly uniporcs have armored plates covering their entire body. Females have a single 15 cm (6 in) horn protruding from the center of their skull.  Uniporcs hunt by chasing down their prey, and ramming them.  The incredibly muscled beast is surprisingly nimble on its feet, allowing it to easily traverse all terrains from the precarious mountains to the muddy swamp. The uniporc uses its incredible muscles to chase down any prey it finds and simply knock it to the ground. Then its most terrifying feature comes to light, the uniporc has immensely strong jaws, capable of easily biting through even the thickest bones. The uniporcs have several sets of teeth. It has powerful canines for piercing flesh and then serrated teeth for the tearing of meat, followed by crushing flat teeth. This various types of teeth allow uniporcs to consume a wide variety of foods, from reedgrass, to meat, and basically everything else edible. Furthermore they have an incredibly powerful digestive tract which allows them to digest bone, addict mushrooms (with no ill effects), and anything else that the beast can get its mouth around. This powerful digestive system is also very efficient, allowing them to squeeze out every bit of energy out of their food (which contributes to their massive size).

The uniporc are not dumb creatures however, but have a good deal of animal intelligence. They watch and they learn, often looking to see what other creatures are doing and eating. This leads them to stealing food from rivals and other species, resulting in kleptoparasitism. They will curiously watch to see what others are eating, including other species, and then see if they can exploit the same food resource. This curiosity will lead them to wander into settlements in search of food, because they see Vri coming out of settlements with food, or returning to them with food. This almost never goes well for the people who live in the settlements, though offerings of food coupled with prayers to Lu are a good method for appeasing all but the most hungry of uniporcs. Invoking prayers to Lu will not stop a charging uniporc, but will improve your odds if the uniporc doesn't feel threatened.

The females are what give the uniporc their name, for they have long horns atop their skulls in addition to bony plates. These grow annually during the winter, and fall off during summer. Female uniporcs tend to eat more meat than their male counterparts. They are also more aggressive. These behaviors, as well as the horn, are likely related to their reproductive burden. The females need more energy if they are to produce a litter, and thus eat more and eat more meat. The horn also aids in defense of their offspring. When the horn falls off at the end of summer, the developing young (normally 2-3) eat it, for it is filled with nutrients their growing bodies will need. Uniporcs can live for about six decades, and mature to adulthood over the course of a single decade. The majority of this time is spent as adolescents, as young uniporcs grow to a moderate size in under a year.

Spoiler: Short Version (click to show/hide)

Act: Create the Uniporc as described above in the rivershore.
Minor act(s): Spread the Uniporc to all other regions.

A powerful race of beasts. They represent natural strength and power. Yet my will is yet stronger. A hunter will call these predators prey, and that hunter shall belong to me, as all those who hunt do. 

Lu creates the Servant Ryokar. Ryokar looks like a massive Vri mixed with a uniporc. His arms are incredibly muscular and he stands twice as tall as a mortal vri. He has the powerful crushing jaws of the uniporc, as well as their natural bone armor. Ryokar hunts in the same manner as the uniporc, and is capable of taking one head on in a ramming contest. Ryokar is strong and quick, but kind of heart. He loves the thrill of the hunt, but has an unwavering love for his little brother (Read below). He doesn't speak much, in an endearing and gruff sort of way. He's a great listener, and quite kind.

Create Ryokar, the uniporc hunter. Manifest him in the Riverlands. He has a 3 in strength and a 2 in hunting.

Yet Ryokar would never be alone, for Lu created for him a younger brother, Yako. Yako too was much larger than a mortal vri, and shared the same boarish traits as his brother, but to a much lesser degree. He is skinny and lithe, like a runner, but nowhere near as muscled as his brother. Yako leaves the hunting to his brother, and was left with doing the butchering and the cooking. Yako finds mortals incredibly interesting, and shares with them the bounty that Ryokar hunts. Unlike his brother, Yako can talk endlessly, often telling long stories with great enthusiasm and skill.

Create Yako, the hunter's brother. He has a 2 in storytelling. Manifest Yako in the Riverlands.

While Ryokar is a great listener, Yako loves telling his stories to the Vri. The two brothers, when they have killed more than they can eat, will hold a feast in thanks to Lu for their good fortune. Yako capitalizes on this opportunity to regale the Vri with stories of Ryokar, and of Lu and the other gods. Many of these stories are true, though some are embellished and others are created by Yako himself. Yako almost always puts Lu in a good light, like a stern father figure, but his exploits and stories are by no way limited to Lu.

Servant Action: Ryokar and Yako hunt uniporc and throw a feast in thanks to Lu for the good hunting. Invite all the Vri. Regale them with stories of Lu and the other Gods. These stories cast Lu as a god not only of strength, but also hunting.

(If I did my math right this should be 1 act)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 01:26:28 pm by Roboson »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2017, 07:20:11 pm »

X'arilyg wakes up from its slumber to only notice that only more difficulties arise for his worshippers, first someone tries to create a ravine in a attempt to divert attention from the the Great Journey. This was a sickening thought that was brought up to this entity, the entity understood that any rapture to the Plains would be for naught since their infinite and all-encompassing. But the entity made sure that no interference was supposed to happen. The entity was also not entertained about a apex predator being induced to the River Shore. As the civilizations had barely any time for development before such a beast came in to encounter.

Minor Act: Tell the Cultivator, that this "rupture" in the Plains should be ignored, and the Great Migration to the Rivershore, should not have any interference until the Cultivator and his addicts have met their destination[/b]

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2017, 06:06:14 pm »

Spoiler: Main text (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: summary (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: areas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: gods (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8