Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Calamities of the new gods  (Read 6280 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Calamities of the new gods
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2017, 01:39:16 pm »

What of the Liar's servant? It is true that it is a mortal, but it has been gifted divine power and twisted into the service of the Liar without it's consent. If you truly value consent and health, surely this must bother you that such a fate can befall one of the mortals you love. To be made into something else, broken down and built differently at the hands of a mad god, that is a horrible and unrecoverable fate. For this new vessel has many holes, and the essence of mortals cannot be held in such a twisted cup. So I ask you, Lord of Healing, would tho allow such a creature to influence our work? I beseech you, allow Atu to chase it away, if not devour it. For surely, this thing can no longer be called mortal and no longer works towards the good of mortals.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2017, 03:28:56 pm »

"Your words ring true. What the twisted one has wrought is a damage I am unsure if even I can heal... I... I have no wish to see the corpse of a child of mine wander the world and bring about even more harm. At the same time I do not wish to see it harmed, I must hold out hope that even it has some chance of being healed in the future. Let me send my servant, and together it will preach with your Atu to the Vri on the planes. They will warn of the danger of the twisted one, and they will learn of your path of strength, and my path of well being. We shall win this contest with the strenght of words and conviction, rather then claw and tooth, and in doing so the broken servant will find it's words have no purchase on the Vri of the plain."

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2017, 03:31:10 pm »

Oba looked out over the sea. it was quite beautiful. Though now that some of his hungry worshippers mentioned it, he did notice a distinct lack of fish in the sea. Oba was gladdened to hear that Acter would create fish for the area, but he decided he should add something in addition.

Act: Create the Spung Rafts. These are photosynthetic plants that float on the ocean's surface. They filter nutrients from the water and carbon from the air, and grow extremely quickly. On the tops of the rafts grew edible fruits, attractive to any birds and, as it happened, any Vri. These fruits were very nutritious and tasty, and held a seed that could be thrown back into the sea. The rafts carried great seed pods underneath, that would be eaten by fish. Any surviving seeds would sprout and become Spung Rafts themselves. When dried, the Spung materials could become hard and used for lightweight and waterproof building materials.

Minor act: Teach the Vri how to harvest and cultivate the Spung Rafts. Also, teach them again how to fish now that there are actually fish present.

2nd Act: Create the Vriberry. A red plump berry, grown on scraggly bushes on the coast around the bay, if mixed with food increased the Vri reproductive drive and fertility. It also increases the likelihood of twins and triplets.

Minor act: Teach the Vri to mix the Vriberry with their food when they want to have children.

While making these actions, Oba also drew up an agreement, that the various gods would not destroy their only source of sustinence in any disagreements between them. He sent them each a message.

The Vri Preservation Accords
   All gods/ divine beings who sign to this accord agree to respect the value of the Vri, and the services they provide to all gods. To that end, all who agree will not cause wholesale slaughter by divine means exterminate civilian Vri populations via divine or magical means in Vri protected areas, which are determined by the creating god. The Mountains and the Plains are also protected areas. Also, they agree to punish any offending god of this treaty, which can be destruction of the god and his works.

Edit: changed some words.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 04:06:40 pm by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2017, 04:05:39 pm »

ptw

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2017, 11:09:08 pm »

"GNYR. I seek your aid.", he said, clenching his fists.
"Two things I would ask of you.", he continued, tone furious.
"One: That I may take seedlings of fire-spice back to Diaq, for it has my aspect, and should grow well on Diaq's heated flanks."
"Two: That you should create for me a beast capable of surviving in the mountains, that will eat of the potato and spice, and be most edible to others in turn."
"In exchange, I will craft for you an artifact, as soon as the prayers of the mortals invigorate my spirit!", concluded the blazing deity, all but shouting the final words.

"You need not bow before me, Exkit, we are equals, and remember meat can not be cooked with out heat " Gnyr takes a bite out if the meat that is in his hand
"As for your requests the fire-spice is not my creation you may take it freely as you wish." He takes another bite out of the
odd meat

"A beast that eats potato, fire-spice, that can survive on that mountain, and tastes good? It will be done but it will not taste the best due to its diet"Gnyr takes one last bite of the meat and swallows a drink.
"As for the artifact could you make a stone that is always hot enough to properly cook meat on?
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2017, 03:22:19 am »

Exkit stands.
"You are too kind", he hisses angrily.
"I accept. I shall craft for you cookware worthy of the gods. As for the taste of the beast, so long as it is not foul, the Vri will surely appreciate the variety. I shall be sure to inform them to whom they owe their new prey."

With that, he leaves, carefully taking a few handfuls of fire-spice (protecting them from his heat), and returns to Diaq, where he plants them in the fertile ashes.

Minor Act: (Attempt to) spread fire-spice to Diaq.

((As mentioned, I'll create the artifact once I have some act-income, hopefully next turn))
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 07:58:53 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2017, 10:35:02 am »

I think slaying the mortal cup which can no longer hold itself full is the most prudent action. At the very least revealing its true nature to the people and chasing it away so that we'd have a chance to save the Vri before they could be lost. If it comes to a battle of words, while Atu and your preacher are strong, but if it comes to a battle of claws and teeth, there is no contest for Atu. Same for a battle in the magical arts. It would be wise to play to our strengths in light of uncertainty.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2017, 11:18:05 am »

"Revealing it's true nature to the Vri could very well be the solution that is sought." Mithra seemed to muse. "Very well then, do so. So long as Atu does no harm to the Vri themselves, let it reveal the truth of the broken one's servant. And if need be chase it from the area so that it can not bring harm to more. But keep the leash taunt so that it does not turn it's strength onto the undeserving."

The presence of Mithra seemed to fade slightly, as the god started to return to it's own lands. "If that is agreeable I will leave you to communicate your orders to your servant. In our time apart I will meditate on your theories of callousness and sacrifice in the pursuit of well being, I would ask you give thought to the idea that empathy and compassion may hold within them a strength as yet unexplored by you."

codybob1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Quis custodiet ipsos Renegade?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2017, 12:57:37 pm »

"I must work on the meat for Exkit"

Spend a minor action moving to Exkits volcano.
Spend one action making a beast that is able to survive on the volcano that Exkit had created. The beast is able to subsist almost entirely on potatoes, the meat is extremely succulent, the beast is about as fast as most males running speed and will run if startled, They are strong enough to move a boulder slowly, and as another minor act return to Ingus valley.
Spoiler: Gnyrs acts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Beast appearance (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 07:41:49 am by codybob1999 »
Please don't revive Dan, they have suffered enough.

Edited for possibly misgendering a fork.
The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Then death is coming home/The wheels of progress frozen motionless/Unless we thaw all these unspoken spokes/Well then we're going home

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2017, 03:27:50 pm »

And Stob went forth, bearing the word of his god. And the words were summarised thus:
-Know that Exkit is the Great Spirit of Fire, who warms the cold and burns the unwary.
-Know that Diaq is the home of Exkit, and that all are welcome there, though one must be cautious when treading near a fire-mountain.
-Know that on the slopes of Diaq resides a servant of Exkit, who delivers gifts unto those who journey hence.
-Know that the beasts to be known as Low-Downs may be found there, whose flesh is a gift from Gnyr, the Great Spirit of Food.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:30:01 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2017, 09:58:20 am »

I will communicate the orders to my servant. Violence will not be visited upon the mortals and if the insane servant is wise, no violence will be visited upon it.

Lu tells Atu preach faith in Lu and try to secure as my worshipers as possible. Furthermore Atu is to not devour the weak, but to give them to Mithra's servant. Atu is to use magic to illustrate the terrible effects of insanity on the insane servant, using magic to reveal his true nature and how dangerous it is. Atu is then to chase the insane servant away, if it will not leave or it comes back, Atu is to attack and devour it. During his preaching Atu is encouraged to use his strength and magical abilities to garner as many followers as possible.

Lu looks to Oba and thinks deeply about their Vri Accords. I cannot accept these rules Oba, for they are more than simply ensuring survival of the Vri and ourselves. I would support the creation of a neutral worship-less sanctuary of Vri, but I will not bind my hands with rules that can be exploited by a clever trickster.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:34:27 am by Roboson »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2017, 02:31:12 pm »

Mirtha exists within it's own domain, but even there hears the words of this talk of protection for the Vri. It casts it's response into the aether for the other gods. "It is so strange that I must find myself agreeing with so violent a god as Lu. And yet it is so. Any agreement that can act as a shield for those who would do harm is something that I can not bind myself too. God Oba, I feel that you feel as I do, that the Vri must be protected, so I blame you not with the flaws in your design, but a flawed design it is indeed. The god Lu even has a more sound plan, abet, one motivated by fear and and the love of destruction I feel more then that of a compassion for the Vri. Let us create an area for the Vri in which they may live, we shall allow no outside influence to poison this land, and no god shall work their power within it, even I shall bind myself from tending to the wounds the Vri inside accumulate, so long as they do not themselves bring no harm to those outside the protected area."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2017, 05:32:41 pm »

And if outside influences, or danger from the sancturay towards its neighbors, are a concern, then I'm sure the great smith god would have no trouble erecting a divine wall to separate the protected from those who are not. Though I have little concern that they would willing do inflict harm unless necessity or survival demands it. [color]

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2017, 03:53:30 pm »

"Diversion and indirection only led to your seeking of this being's own fate. This being does not seek the end of the only sentience, only improve and growth. To allow beings to become more stronger and powerful, challenges and barriers must be constructed for them to a reach a higher form of life. This entity's actions may seek dramatic but it is the necessities the existence entails. Being of strength, Lu, X'arilyg will spent its requests that attempts destroying me have only led to your own downfall. Mistakes were made on both parts, but future ones don't have to be made. Let each other stay be, conflict is a unnecessary fate.

((Cancelled first act, so that I can save a act for next turn))

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2017, 05:34:22 pm »

Spoiler: Main text (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: summary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: areas (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: gods (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 02:01:03 pm by Jerick »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8