Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193313 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Welcome To Sundown!
« Reply #315 on: June 01, 2017, 04:11:38 am »

Also, Pozzai may have misspelled Vimes.  For shame.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 01, 2017, 06:04:01 am »

Webadict:If we request a votecount, will that proc day actions?

Pozzai:If you have reads, share them.
No, because no matter how many votecounts you ask for, I will only post one somewhere around 8 PM Central because I can't post votecounts at work. Or maybe I can, if I make a bot that just makes votecounts. But then your Day actions won't be processed when I make votecounts regardless.

So no.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0: Timer Dings. Locking Thread. Sending Roles (100%)
« Reply #317 on: June 01, 2017, 06:44:33 am »

{For webadict's sanity, I'm voting TBF here}
Tiruin: how do i byor
You already are! :D
And so it starts.

A claim: My theme is the balance of threat, a concept from my field of study, international relations.  Yes, my theme is the apparent basis of the title flabort did not get.
HUM @_@
Well I'll give my theme: Metaknowledge. [This is untrue]

My powers are boosted if I know your role names or abilities. :P And this is a softclaim.
Everyone: What're y'all impressions of me! :3 Am I a magnet yet. Please treat me as a magnet.
Jack A T: Why do you BYOR D:
And more specifically, I trust y'all, and only at least I presume 3 are scummy scumbags, SO! I'm inferring that I'm not the only one who needs rolenames and otherwise, and I ask anyone who doesn't at least 95%+ trust me to not mention anything about it :V

*doot doot* reading reading, many pages. Newbie Tea-friend, please condense your stuffs into a single post; it's okay to post multiple times though in this Mafia subforum :P
Also hiii Tea! Miss seeing you! :3

In all seriousness; Jack, how do you feel about my response to you, and to everyone noted here?

My role is pretty genki!!

I'll explain why I can tell you this in a bit
B-but your spoilers are empty.
AND YOU ARE NOW MY BEST FRIEND. BE MY BUDDY!
Eh, I'll wait just a bit before full claiming.
For now though:
1) I'm dying tonight
2) I'm unblockable
3) My role is very strong
4) I suspect that there may exist daygame powers which can snipe me before I get to night 1
5) That includes voting control powers
6) Therefore, anyone who votes me today is madcrazy suspicious if I don't get all my fireworks off
7) Therefore, don't vote me if you are town
8) I'm probably going to get daykilled or something anyway
9) Jokes on you scum, you I actually need to make it to Day 2 and couldn't think of a good way to dodge the scumkill
10) Have fun with the wifom, nano desu
Butts. :I #1.
And here I thought I was gonna smother you with UNKNOWING LOVE because I finally get to play in a game with Doll that's pretty cool. I: HMPF.

Tiruin
Like I said, I'm mostly skipping RVS this time because I've only got a day to play the game in.
After that I'll be dead, though my ghost (and my theme) will live on.
Or uh, not live on but still have actions within the game.
Anyway, I suspect the language barrier is going to get to be more a problem the more I slip in japanese sentence endings, so if it's not super obvious to you what I'm going for and someone else seems to get it, you can ask yo.

Oh, and I don't like asking you RVS questions because your mindset is opaque and transparent in different ways to most of the other players, so I'll try to keep my reads of you clean.
After all, I only have a day to decide whether or not to kill you.
But-but I'll miss you :< again. And then I'll wish you well just because.

If anyone else is reading, it's plaintive I skipped Randomness too here and am playing for funsies :D
Also nothing is obvious to me about what you're doing, so yeah. I'm pretty much going to target you tonight and my only problem will be redirectors :V

What do you think about my reaction towards you, Doll?

<words>
That was difficult to read through.
Reading is TOO HARD FOR YOU THEN?!
Unvote, TolyK.

But in all seriousness, you're biting into doll too much. He's ossum in how he says stuffs--and I like how he subtly acknowledges me in part :3
OTHERWISE I'M OBVIOUSLY DEFENDING DOLL. BECAUSE HE'S DYING TONIGHT! DX And I'm believing him I:

All:
I'm guessing, based on one of my abilities, that there are at least a handful of inspection powers (possibly even day inspects).  So with a nod to Toaster I'm going to claim that I'm an sk-miller.  Leave it to webadict to screw with me...
I have no inspection powers unless I know the person's role name. :v So that's an auxiliary action for funsies.
Unvote, Shakerag.
You are very forthcoming. I like you.
But can you explain what an sk-miller IS?! Do you wanna KEEL ME!? I know you do! O_O
In all seriousness: I choose to not believe you on that bit; you can lie about your role and such, and it's a bit touchy-sensitive-y to denote 'I made my role bluh-y so this is my claim because of it'
Why are you claiming SK-Miller when both results are anti-town anyway?
(Also if I ever die, can my death flavor include cake?)

Tiruin
Each time Doll makes a post, how do you physically react? Does anyone else give you a similar feeling? Does anyone give you a worse feeling?
Well my laptop is on a table, and I'm sitting on a chair with my back straight (dun wanna develop bad spinal posture now do we?), and whenever I see doll, my cognitive mechanisms recall a particular other person who was as particular and knowledgeable as him--my best friend called Vector. So physically, I inhale and exhale and nod, because I see 'doll', and I recall 'Vector' and other nice friends, and I feel relaxed and excited. Because in knowing Doll for quite a while, I have become familiar with them--their playstyle is a whole different story, but otherwise, he is just like Toaster and Jim Groovester to me; an ol' mentor-person that I look up to.

And that goes for literally everyone else that I become familiarized with, because out of game, we're all good buddies over time or at least over information. In-game, I physically scan my laptop screen and see everyone's posts as they are. I focus on the content, not feeling anything at all different from person to person. All my actions and nature towards others are moreso to this content, however my emotional reaction also biases me, like how I see Lenglon as a buddy-who-may-be-Town, but she was also Scum back in previous games. But in general I feel relaxed and excited.

WHY ARE YOU SCOPIN' OUT MY BUDDY, FLABORT?! WHY ONLY HIM!?
I MISSED YOU TOO!
In all seriousness: Why is your only question to me about Doll? Do you have a particular interest in him?
And did you leave me open to answer about anyone else? {Lenglon, Jack, you, Doll, and others I've grown close to or familiar and comfortable with are those I'm relaxed and excited with; the rest are the same too--newbies have a curious and excited reaction}

No waaaait. Unvote; vote TBF
doll:Are you dying because of your role, or because you expect the Mafia to kill you with that claim?
Why do you care?

And!
Tea: The question stands, who the heck are you?
Who the heck are you to ask her things like these?
Treat her like another darn player. :I
Because she's been here around as much as you have--just that she disappeared beforehand.
Do you need a background biography to know them?
And is that question even relevant?
[Ok but seriously, that question was toned badly <_< and it seemed off that you missed the response]
In all seriousness: My vote on you is actually serious.
What have you learned about the many other people today, and what do you feel about this game being more than 10 people?
How do you think it will affect socialization?

I'm stopping reading at page 18 because wow.
I'll catch up after sleeps! z_z

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0
« Reply #318 on: June 01, 2017, 08:25:53 am »

And be more Anime Cowgirl-esque, doll.
yare yare nano dawa
I can't be a kawaii hegel in the everyday if I want to be understood

Let's go something straight:
1) Webadict-san liked me best
2) Webadict-san said I was the future, the next generation
3) Webadict-san is dead
4) This was senpai's town
5) This is my town now

So, who am I to make this claim?
I was going to post everything I have in the first post, but I needed some thing clarified first.
Those things are clarified.
Here is my fullclaim:
Spoiler: kore wa fullclaim des (click to show/hide)

I intend to use (E) to use (D) twice and (A) and (B) some arbitrary number of times on every player in night 1.

Well doll, you're the town mayor. What are you going to do with that power of yours?
I'll arbitrarily ignore most questions to me because there's no need for me to justify myself when I can just kill people who don't do what I want.

Okay, I can see why webadict says I play like a dictator, nano des.
And what then?
Well, first I thought I'd engage in some petty bickering.

I am NOT new
I'm sorry, you're not new, you're bad.
That's much worse, see, because new players are usually easy to read, nano.
If you're not easy to read, why should I keep to around?
The answer is, I shouldn't, desu.

Flabort, FoU, anyone else uninspired to post about a case on me
1) Either I've fucked up Day 1 for no reason at all and am the most obvious lynch possible on Day 2, or I'm not going to be here come Day 2
2) Therefore, vote me if I am alive D2+ and don't vote me otherwise
That's the entirety of the case on me. The fact that you've somehow managed to post more on that on the topic indicates active lurking, or a generally unhelpful and useless mindset.

FallacyofUrist-chan
Post a full reads list.
That includes justifications for your reads.
It's well past where you can post one.
That isn't a pressure vote.
If I can kill FoU with a vote, it saves me wasting a kill (and makes scum unable to predict the kill and avoid doubling up on the same townie where I miss).
Also, If I kill FoU I'm quite unlikely to revive him unless I've got little but to do so, so a vote is better in that regards so I can revive people who are worth keeping in the game.
The rest of you are under no obligation to vote with me, but I would like to see a good justification behind whoever gets lynched at the end of this day.

You're pozzaitively up for a kill, Pozzai-chan.
bakuhatsu shiro, sou desu yone?

And yes, I'm the class bully. Tiruin is usually the class rep.
Unfortunately for you, I'm the one with the gun.

What do you think about my reaction towards you, Doll?
I don't care nano.
You're making the right read, like hector and 4mask-chan.
That's to be expected, desu.
4maskwolf isn't obvscum this time like he was in the BM.
I hardly expected to kill one of the reliable players here.
Unless you've got a suggestion for me I'll mostly be thinking about how to interpret your behavior after my death.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 01, 2017, 08:54:57 am »

Whelp.

Good news is that I got shitfaced last night.

Bad news is that I played Underail, TF2, and fell asleep while Rocket League was loading. 

I'll arbitrarily ignore most questions to me because there's no need for me to justify myself when I can just kill people who don't do what I want.
Huh.  Your call, but in my professional opinion ... get fucked, mate.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 01, 2017, 08:57:50 am »

Well, this has suddenly gone downhill, hasn't it.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 01, 2017, 09:03:54 am »

Huh.  Your call, but in my professional opinion ... get fucked, mate.
I can only really consider interaction with myself in the context of my understanding of that player's interpretation of my meta.
Broadly, this isn't a field I think I can yield good results from. I don't know where to start on Jack, I don't think I'll get much out of Tiruin or you that I can meaningfully interpret, and the culture of the players I've not played with before is mostly foreign to me.

TolyK, Shakerag
Do either of you think I should targeting certain (or many) players with my night abilities?

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 01, 2017, 09:06:42 am »

EBWOP:
avoid targeting certain players

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 01, 2017, 09:23:34 am »

Sorry for this monstrosity, it took me at least an hour to write this.

Also its Persus (it really should be Perses, though), not Perseus.

Flabort:
Persus13
Long time no interact. What do you feel you'll be bringing to the scum-hunting table this time around?
My skills, which are a little out of practice, and my gut, which isn't the most reliable thing in the world. But with the power of teamwork, I should be able to bring down the mafia.
Why did you FOS doll in this post instead of voting him? I'm getting a weird standoffish feel from you, and that's probably why.

There's basically three leads. Doll's crazy claim, Shakerag's miller claim, and Jack's theme claim. None of these were resulting from RVS questions, and all three are hard to confirm or deny - and further questioning about these claims won't be helpful, as like I said its very hard to confirm or deny anything these three say about their claims. It's just an unhelpful pile of WIFOM.
If they're WIFOM, why do you call them leads? What do you mean by leads here? Because from where I'm sitting, none of those will lead to anything that's useful D1.

Lenglon:
Persus: you wanted a question. were you being given the offer Jack is, would you accept? under what circumstances would you change your answer?
I'd definitely accept. If it wasn't ToyK, and was someone less experienced or someone I'm not as familiar with, I might be a little more hesitant. I like seeing gambits play out in Mafia games (unless I'm targeted by them), and I like the ability to have private conversations with people playing (I was fairly involved in PM conversations by the end of the last Paranormal, for instance).
How about you? I see you're asking a number of questions about that situation. Do you find it suspicious, or is it just something to talk about?

TheBiggerFish:
I don't really get onto a solid footing until the first lynch has panned out, generally, but I wouldn't say it's truly random once people are throwing coherent arguments around.
That's not a dichotomous question.  RVS can yield useful data, but I don't often know what to do with it.
This was the explanation for your behavior in the last Paranormal, where you were scum. You're still kind of flailing aimlessly in your posts for this game. What is your reaction to this?

Yes, I'm trying to do that.

flabort: Do you think pressure votes actually help?
Why did you never follow up on this question and try to get something longer than a one line response?

...Pozzai/Tea back and forth sounds weird.

This post brought to you by "Mafia at 5 in the morning".
So why not ask them about it? What's weird? This could have been so much more productive, but instead you decided to be lazy.

Tea:
It's not a particular vote that makes me uncomfortable. (And to be clear, what I meant by your vote being because of the wall was that I think by taking a wide net interactional approach, that made it more likely that you would vote me and talk to me about it. Although I do believe you that you were more likely to double up votes anyway based on your response.) I'm uncomfortable because I feel like the continual milking of reactions to this hella artificial thing diverts attention from things more likely to make the thread understand me and vice-versa.
What's artificial about Jack A T's first post. This is pretty normal behavior for Jack and since he's engaging you in a long dialouge, it seems to have worked. Does it feel off i na scummy way, or in a "Im not used to this" kind of way?

...Even though you posted before the game was rolled here, you weren't curious about flabort's reaction until after reading your role PM? Because I felt like that was really the meat of what you decided to include about your claim - using that pregame information as a jumping off point to create RVS information.
What causes you to doubt his word here? More importantly, why does this matter at all if Jack had some preconceived ideas about what to ask people pre-game?

Way more people are focusing on these things than would be non-town in a standard game. The emphasis on asking specific formulaic questions to specific people en masse was something I struggled to get reads from in my only past game here that I didn't replace into. So yeah, I do have a bad attitude about bay12's early day1 meta which is probably coming off as snotty, or "naive" as you call it.
Are the people non-town, or are the things non-town? Can you explain your first sentence quoted a bit more?

FallacyofUrist is, uh. Thinking about the game like someone who expects to be around for a long time, for whatever reason? Which is probably a better tell in a standard game than here but I don't quite follow why he's directing effort toward the things that he's directing them to, or why he thinks he's getting ~nothing out of Shakerag but isn't ranking Shakerag in a similar category to doll/TheBiggerFIsh.
What's wrong with thinking long term? Why would FofU be expecting to die soon? More importantly, why does that make him scum as opposed to unprepared town? I understand you're suspicious of him for more reasons than that, but you put this one first, which implies its the most important.

TolyK:
... seriously?

- I am waiting on Jack to reply about the test thingie.
- I've poked some people about their replies to other people. Most notably, about doll's erratic behavior...
- Replied to accusations of being a cult leader, from FoU specifically.

and you're accusing me of trying to look like I'm participating while not doing anything? What exactly are you expecting to happen D1 less than a day after game start? :)
Why so defensive here?
How so?

Hector13:
Persus13

I don't like you.

Also, this game has hammers, so please be careful about bandwagons on people.

This is a part of why.

The rest of your post seems rather... wooden, like it's there just to be there.

Mostly I don't like you.
Love you too.
Do you really expect every player to read the rules for every game they play? I've modded games, and even when I've pointed out in the OP that players should read about this important rule, people still don't read the rules and become confused. As I stated to Jack, I've seen games where people hammered by accident, and it hurt, so getting it into people's heads that hammers are in play is something I want to do from the get go.
As for my wooden first post, its my first post of the game. I have to start with something, and I hate RVS questions, so that may be why it feels wooden.

Pozzai:
Doll:

Feels overly agro and demanding, dislike the entirety of their claim post, and their constant "don't bother with me go elsewhere to interact" posting bugs me.
Do you find doll scummy or do you simply dislike his play?

I feel like the majority of what has been said, including everything I've said, is NAI. No one is drilling into people's opinions, because there's next to none, no pressure is added, and this feel like at some point during the day someone will throw out a name, everyone will go "well, I don't have anything better so lets go" and a random person will be lynched by that.
NAI? Also, don't make the mistake of judging where a game will go based on the first half of D1. D2 or D3 is when these things usually hit their stride.

Pozzai:If you have reads, share them.

Already did >_>
4 reads, yes. Have any changed? Doll has a point about you.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 01, 2017, 09:36:33 am »

Doll:
I'm not sure why you're asking me, to be honest. Or Shakerag. :P

I'd prefer you not shoot Jack or me, since that would mean I can't really do my experiment (or it will at least delay it).

I don't know much about anyone else ATM, so... I don't really care too much? I have some reads, but nothing terribly concrete, so if you're looking for advice on that front I can't exactly give it to you.

I feel that losing 3-4 players on Night 1 would be a pretty big deal, so I'm uncertain whether you should do it in the first place. However, if you are inclined on doing it, you should probably choose by yourself who you think is scummy, rather than go asking for opinions...

PPE:
If it wasn't ToyK, and was someone less experienced or someone I'm not as familiar with, I might be a little more hesitant.
<3

TolyK:
... seriously?

- I am waiting on Jack to reply about the test thingie.
- I've poked some people about their replies to other people. Most notably, about doll's erratic behavior...
- Replied to accusations of being a cult leader, from FoU specifically.

and you're accusing me of trying to look like I'm participating while not doing anything? What exactly are you expecting to happen D1 less than a day after game start? :)
Why so defensive here?
I believed that I was under unfair criticism, and thus recapped what I've been doing. The point was to show later, if needed, that my accuser was grasping at straws.
In retrospect, though, that's what RVS and post-RVS D1 is... grasping at straws to find a weak spot...

How so?
Mostly in terms of doll's "I'm gonna go nova on y'all tonight", slightly rising disrespect between players (though it's obviously in a humorous form :P), and too many streams-of-consciousness that need to be sifted through.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 01, 2017, 09:45:31 am »

doll:
TolyK, Shakerag
Do either of you think I should targeting certain (or many) players with my night abilities?
That's pretty impossible to say on D1, unless someone has used some sort of day ability.

Personally, if I was going to blaze of glory it up, I'd kill anyone who's a strong player (not the fun option, but the logical one), or who I would have a difficult time getting a read on.  Hard to say at this point who should get a beneficial ability though.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 01, 2017, 09:49:01 am »

Mostly in terms of doll's "I'm gonna go nova on y'all tonight", slightly rising disrespect between players (though it's obviously in a humorous form :P), and too many streams-of-consciousness that need to be sifted through.
Hey hey hey.  What happens in mafia stays in mafia.  Although I am not above holding a grudge between games (Still waiting on the right time/game/roll to fuck flabort on D1).

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 01, 2017, 10:21:13 am »

Tolyk:
I claimed that I don't exactly have an inspection ability. :P
I asked you why you claimed what you did, you shitlord.  Honestly.

Tea:
Tea:  So what, in your opinion, is the ideal D1 play?
I have an easier time forming reads in an environment with:
Fewer hypotheticals - conversation is very much focused on actual in-game events and statements.
More of a conversational flow in general - greater transparency about one's thoughts, more of people's choices of what to talk about self-determined as opposed to prompted by others

I do not have much of an opinion on "collective reads," Flabort. Definite potential for being presumptive, but I'm more nihilism-prone lately than is practical, I think.
Well, there's likely not going to be in-game events on D1, and statements are pretty much RVS shitposting.  So what exactly is it you're looking for?

FallacyofUrist:
Ah yes this is typical of Shakerag. He's town guys, no worries. I definitely think you should read #4, it's funny as shit, but yes he is clearly shitposting. [1] Fallacy why are you shit posting?
[1]: Am I? Is that typical of the entirety or majority of my behavior? But if you want to know why I asked Shakerag those questions... I was probing for reactions. Like usual. Shakerag isn't giving me much to work with, though.
So, out of curiosity, what would you say the odds are of someone like me letting slip that I'm scum due to my reactions to questions on D1?

Tiruin:
Please treat me as a magnet.
* Shakerag sticks Tiruin on his fridge.
I have no inspection powers unless I know the person's role name. :v So that's an auxiliary action for funsies.
Unvote, Shakerag.
You are very forthcoming. I like you.
But can you explain what an sk-miller IS?! Do you wanna KEEL ME!? I know you do! O_O
In all seriousness: I choose to not believe you on that bit; you can lie about your role and such, and it's a bit touchy-sensitive-y to denote 'I made my role bluh-y so this is my claim because of it'
Why are you claiming SK-Miller when both results are anti-town anyway?
(Also if I ever die, can my death flavor include cake?)

Well I like you too, Tir.
SK-Miller:  I inspect as an SK.  Seems pretty straightforward?  O_o
Of course I want to kill you.  It's the best way to get a read on your alignment.
Alright, well, believe what you want.  I'm claiming (SK-)Miller because I agree with Toaster's analysis from a long while ago that it is optimal play to claim miller (if you are one) in your first post.
I can't control your death flavor, sorry.

Also, how excited are you about your role?

doll:
weaboo shit
Ugh. 

But what if I am lazy in terms of reading extra effects ! I tend to phase in and out of threads of games I'm in while doing work or other things... Having to read other threads outside the game thread means I'll be distracted !
Pozzai is lazy and distracted easily.  Noted.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 01, 2017, 10:29:28 am »

Tolyk:
1. I claimed that I don't have an inspection ability. To spell that out for you, I do not have a direct inspection ability. I can confirm/inspect other people through other means, but no direct inspection.
2. Go home you're drunk. Or, since you're already probably home, ...

I don't know? :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 01, 2017, 10:36:38 am »

Tolyk:
1. I claimed that I don't have an inspection ability. To spell that out for you, I do not have a direct inspection ability. I can confirm/inspect other people through other means, but no direct inspection.
2. Go home you're drunk. Or, since you're already probably home, ...

I don't know? :P
WHY did you claim that you don't have a "direct inspection ability"?
As in, what were your reasons?
As in, what motivation did you have to claim that?
As in, what did you hope to gain by claiming that?
As in, do you need a dictionary definition of what the word "why" means?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 95