Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193417 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Welcome To Sundown!
« Reply #195 on: May 31, 2017, 05:48:58 am »

Tolyk:
You are town in a BYOR, but have an ability that changes your alignment to match the target's.
Do you play as town or as survivor pre-ability-use? who do you use that ability on and when?
In that case I'd potentially just side with whoever is winning in the end... yes, I'm selfish. But that's literally the only thing I can do...

I'd scumhunt to a degree, but be not-very-pushy, since I plan on surviving. The role formulation is probably better than a pure survivor, in game terms, since it makes me want to be active to win. It's also an inspect, basically. So I'd try to find mafia players (or, preferably, SK's so that I could out them first :P), not tell them everything (duh), and see what my best chances of winning are (likely, with the mafia).

Balancing "living" and "using information" (and "giving information to town") would be pretty hard.

By the way, that sounds like something higher in power level than what I have, so my base assumption is that you have some better abilities than on average, and thus you're less likely to be town in my book, Lenglon. Just a heads-up. Do you think I've made a too rash decision here? (I'd vote you here as a pressure vote, but I'd rather not.)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 31, 2017, 05:58:51 am »

Tolyk: Actually, I've still got Jack's theme on my mind. I assume you can see how my last several questions to various people relate to it.

Do you have a mechanical reason for not making an actual vote against me or is it a policy one? (I am fine with you waiting to answer this until later during D1 so long as it does eventually get answered.)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 31, 2017, 06:09:52 am »

You've made several survivor-ish comments, among others... it makes sense, but I'm guessing you have a scenario in mind.

About not voting - I'd rather not disclose that ATM. Indeed, ask me again later. I'll probably answer after the experiment with Jack, if he accepts.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 31, 2017, 07:07:49 am »

Webadict: Will themes flip alongside roles?
No. Themes were added for flavorings roles and the game. I threw them in a list and added how I liked. Someone got something from it.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 31, 2017, 07:19:52 am »

My role is pretty genki!!

I'll explain why I can tell you this in a bit

Spoiler: Replies to RVS (click to show/hide)

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2017, 07:20:37 am »

Well that wasn't the preview button, ehhehe
gonna have to wait a bit for me to post, it won't be short

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0: Timer Dings. Locking Thread. Sending Roles (100%)
« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2017, 07:55:02 am »

Well, now I know how my theme got used.

Also, this game has hammers, so please be careful about bandwagons on people.

Jack A T
Persus13: I haven't played online Mafia for a few months.  How will this impact your view of my play, if at all?
Nothing major, but you probably won't be as familiar with the newest players as some others. So my view on your interactions with them will be affected by that.

4maskwolf
Jack A T: What I make of it is that this game is going to be a headache that makes me long for GBU 2.
Man that game was awhile ago. What about that game was headache inducing? Also, why do you bring up that game all the time?

Doll

And the rest of the OP was my fault. Did you try to be witty and send in a musical theme too?

Lenglon:  You've been pretty active, why haven't you asked me a question?
OSG: I know I've played with you before, but I can't remember when. How would you evaluate your Mafia experience.
Fallacy of Urist: What's your favorite mafia game on Bay12 you've played? Why?
Shakerag: How would you compare the player makeup of this BYOR to the last one?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 31, 2017, 08:21:43 am »

Eh, I'll wait just a bit before full claiming.
For now though:
1) I'm dying tonight
2) I'm unblockable
3) My role is very strong
4) I suspect that there may exist daygame powers which can snipe me before I get to night 1
5) That includes voting control powers
6) Therefore, anyone who votes me today is madcrazy suspicious if I don't get all my fireworks off
7) Therefore, don't vote me if you are town
8) I'm probably going to get daykilled or something anyway
9) Jokes on you scum, you I actually need to make it to Day 2 and couldn't think of a good way to dodge the scumkill
10) Have fun with the wifom, nano desu

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 31, 2017, 08:26:31 am »

Pfp I only have access tons computer a few hours per day. (Naptime. And late at night) all my siblings are like vultures.

I'll come Putnam claim my theme. It was music. Turbo's probably why there was music in the op.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2017, 08:27:22 am »

Holy auto-correct batman.

Anyways, I'll answer Eva questions during myncomputer time. And I'll use my phone for comments and stuff.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 31, 2017, 08:29:30 am »

Like, re-read your posts before submitting them, yo.
That's some pretty illegible auto-correct you've got there, my man.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2017, 08:55:37 am »

<words>
That was difficult to read through.

TolyK
Well, you're TolyK, so this level of silly is just about appropriate for you.
Now, I'm town, and I guarantee you my role is an absurdity and a black hole of infinite energy and activity.
If you're a low power role, does that mean low power is the norm and I'm an exception?
Does this mean that senpai loves me, kashira?
Obviously, can't take your guarantee at face value. Especially the Town part, which you don't guarantee, anyways. ;)
Assuming neither of us are lying, it can be one of several things:
- you have a large upside and downside to your role, so while it's high-variance, the mean power is approx. the same.
- there's a hidden rule (role or theme) that modifies someone's behavior.
- one of us is the exception to the rule.

I can revive one of the people I kill. Logically, that means that at least one of my kills should be on a role it's worth getting the word out about. Also, I guess they can't really get scumkilled on that night where I kill them, eh? That's sort of like a superior protect, yone.
Does this mean that certain types of high powered town roles should claim now for my and their and therefore town's benefit?
That kind of ability would potentially be useful.
I don't see how high-power players would prefer to be dead to your hand (an unknown) rather than probably alive.

Eh, I'll wait just a bit before full claiming.
For now though:
1) I'm dying tonight
2) I'm unblockable
3) My role is very strong
4) I suspect that there may exist daygame powers which can snipe me before I get to night 1
5) That includes voting control powers
6) Therefore, anyone who votes me today is madcrazy suspicious if I don't get all my fireworks off
7) Therefore, don't vote me if you are town
8) I'm probably going to get daykilled or something anyway
9) Jokes on you scum, you I actually need to make it to Day 2 and couldn't think of a good way to dodge the scumkill
I'll take this as "I'm spewing nonsense to get people focused on me".

Why do you want to claim on D1 again? You've basically went and said "you should totally shoot me, but you can't shoot me, haHA"... you can defer to answer this later, if you want, of course. But currently I'll go with my hypothesis.

My problem is that you're trying to get other power roles to claim. We don't know anything at all right now, besides what each of our own roles are.

Also, your posts are a bit stream-of-consciousness, doll. That makes them hard to read. :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2017, 09:06:03 am »

My problem is that you're trying to get other power roles to claim.
Well, I mean, yeah.
What's the most common power role in mafia games?
I'll give you a hint: it's mafia-scum.

Oh, and what does and doesn't qualify as a power role depends a lot on how well my vortex of stimulants will benefit them, so it's pretty well in my interests to scope out honest power roles before I do anyeverything

We don't know anything at all right now, besides what each of our own roles are.
You know that I'm claiming D1, for a start.
The fact that I've laid that down both gives you a reason to defer suspicion of myself to later days, and a reason to trust what I say, so long as, again, I turn up dead on D2.

I can see how it might appear that this is yet another gambit.
Sure, it might be, but I can't see myself doing it as anything other than town with a very short activity horizon (which, incidentally, is what I am except I'm also actually honest. Oh, and I have post-death role powers)
Or some wacky third party, but hey, I'll be dead so you can see that I'm town for yourself, nano ne
Also, your posts are a bit stream-of-consciousness, doll. That makes them hard to read. :P
Ah, also my posts are hard to read.
And stream of consciousness, hai. But that just makes it easier to read into me, yone.

Anyway, I'm being honest.
Since I know I'm clear, activity focused on me is wasted, and that means you're not doing much productive, which is bad in my eyes. That's bad for you, see, since I can kill you, and ah, well, you can't kill me because, aha. I'm going to be ingesting many times my bodyweight in acutely toxic substances tonight, so go do something useful instead so I don't kill you, eh?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2017, 09:12:44 am »

One of these days I'm going to submit The Role That Makes RVS Unnecessary to a BYOR. One day.

Fallacy of Urist: What's your favorite mafia game on Bay12 you've played? Why?
*reminisces*

Did I spell that right? Anyhow... Flabort's High Powered BYOR 2 is second. If I wasn't killed by somebody giving me a "you can't win" role and stopping me from acting on only Night 2... bah, humbug. As a result, Mafia Marathon is my favorite game. 23 mini-setups, almost a year to play. It was my favorite because it was fun, and it took a while to end, and it was well designed... seriously, Tomasque is a master at mafia design. I'm honored to be working with him on Odd Mafia.

Return question: Is there much benefit to that RVS question?

FallacyOfUrist
What's your role, FoU-chan?

What, expecting me to answer? How about this: I'll tell you what my role isn't. For Day 1: Seto Kaiba. That is, that's not my role.
Now, the question is, whether you're scum trying to get role information out of this, or town trying to see how I react to blatant role fishing.

Return question: Pick two of these five questions to answer.
1. Are you willing to provide a list of Japanese honorifics and what they mean to this forum?
2. Does your theme have anything to do with peacocks?
3. If you had a night kill that only works on cult leaders and survivors, would you use it in lieu of your normal actions?
4. If you had a self-revive that only works during the first two cycles, would you make an effort to direct the scum kill to yourself?
5. Rate each of these questions in terms of usefulness on a scale from 1 to 5 where 1 is the highest and 5 is the lowest.

FallacyOfUrist: What is the best way to place your vote in RVS?  Should multiple players vote for the same target in RVS?
On a player who made an answer you think is scummy. Yes, within reason. More pressure means more slipping up, but I wouldn't want somebody to be hammered or lynched based on RVS votes.

Return question: Do you think what I just said is true?
~~~
I think that's all the questions addressed to me. Did I miss any?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2017, 09:57:18 am »

FallacyOfUrist
What's your role, FoU-chan?

What, expecting me to answer? How about this: I'll tell you what my role isn't. For Day 1: Seto Kaiba. That is, that's not my role.
Now, the question is, whether you're scum trying to get role information out of this, or town trying to see how I react to blatant role fishing.
Well, you know that I'm not scum because I'll flip on D2 when I die from an OD and subsequent withdrawal, so I guess the second?
Anyway, your response is awful and gives me nothing. Unfortunately, that's not outside of your meta. However, it's not what I want, since I need a strong read on you by the night, desu.
Return question: Pick two of these five questions to answer.
1. Are you willing to provide a list of Japanese honorifics and what they mean to this forum?
2. Does your theme have anything to do with peacocks?
3. If you had a night kill that only works on cult leaders and survivors, would you use it in lieu of your normal actions?
4. If you had a self-revive that only works during the first two cycles, would you make an effort to direct the scum kill to yourself?
1. An insubstantial list, I guess. There are a lot of japanese honorifics, and some of the usage I've adopted here is pretty damn peculiar outside of denpa singers, some of the more questionable seiyuus, and A-pop idols. Briefly:
desu is a general sentence ending
nano is a general expression peculiar to young girls trying to be cute
ka indicates a (hard) question (sou ka would be 'is that so?')
ne indicates a soft question (sou ne could be 'isn't it?'or 'that's so, yes?') - equivalent to uptalk in english
yo indicates an assertion and raises modality (daijoubo yo could be 'it will be fine, you know)
dawa sort of indicates exasperation, it'd take more space to explain this one because it's used in different context mostly and I'm sort of loaning it in the usual way you do for this sort of thing
kashira is mostly getting used here to indicate my reflection over what I've just said (a state of wondering, as it were)
2. I've claimed my theme. I could easily see peacocks as being used in denpa, outside of their maleness, but only in overwhelming quantity.
3. No, I'd use it as well as my normal actions because I have infinite actions (assuming I kill myself by going into a negative amount of my finite resource)
4. I'd just take aggressive control of the town by posting an awful lot in a conventional and productive way, with no effort made to dodge the scum kill. If you play well and a lot and you don't try to dodge the kill, it's pretty likely that you'll move the kill onto yourself if it were to be possible to do so without compromising your or the town's position.

FoU
There's no need to scumhunt me, I'm dying by my own hand before D2.
Go do something productive instead.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 95