Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 39936 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 9/8 Turn 21
« Reply #285 on: March 12, 2017, 08:50:15 am »

Throw one Emergency Exit dart at the ground, and sprint to the ravine.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 14, 2017, 03:02:12 pm »

Looks like I need Paphi, Beirus, and Whisperling. They're kind of an entire team. I could probably auto them but one prod never hurts. Also it has only been 3 days so.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 14, 2017, 03:52:13 pm »

Wait for the others to heal up. Look for more people, but don't move far away from Hagrow and Grahm. Also see if the couch has recharged, but don't touch it. See if my prosthetic can integrate itself in place of my leg.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 03:54:56 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 14, 2017, 03:52:55 pm »

Sit right the fuck down by my cannon and stay vigilant, awaiting the others. Or something. I'm at a loss.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 14, 2017, 04:03:43 pm »

I don't really seem needed, so keep going, yeah. Would this be easier if I wasn't growing the whole thing from scratch?

Also, keep track of the fang pistol's progress in terms of healing.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 9/8 Turn 22
« Reply #290 on: March 15, 2017, 06:52:02 am »

Wait for the others to heal up. Look for more people, but don't move far away from Hagrow and Grahm. Also see if the couch has recharged, but don't touch it. See if my prosthetic can integrate itself in place of my leg.
I don't really seem needed, so keep going, yeah. Would this be easier if I wasn't growing the whole thing from scratch?
Also, keep track of the fang pistol's progress in terms of healing.
(It would, yes.)
Sit right the fuck down by my cannon and stay vigilant, awaiting the others. Or something. I'm at a loss.

Greeny notes that there are two people fighting across the river. One has wings and a dark axe, the other a fairly impressive sword, along with a scourge. He doesn't make any moves to attack them yet, but he might be able to take a shot or two from this range. The couch looks like it isn't ready, but you aren't sure. You have a fair bit of experience draining energy, but that doesn't really tell you much about how much energy is in the couch. It will recharge eventually, that much is certain.

As for the prosthetic... You have a suspicion that if you keep a hold of it when you use the couch, it'll be grafted to you during the modification process. Other than that, no amount of fussing around with it seems to be allowing you to safely replace your leg with it.

Grahm Aff: 2+3=5

Grahm keeps growing the tree, and off pop a trio of wooden helmets, chin straps and all. They don't seem especially resilient, but better than nothing right? What armor piece to make next? You feel a fair bit better now. Nothing feels off anymore, but the pain remains. You expect that will fade in time though.

Hagrow takes a seat atop his cannon, scoping out the battlefield.

Wait to see which of the combatants will be victorious, then attack the victor. If neither die this turn, just stay out of sight.
(It probably would have been best to pm all this sneaky stuff but I suppose it is a bit late for that now.)
Take to the air and focus on aerial strikes!
SWAP HANDS AND LASH THAT ARM OFF PUNCHFACE

Init rolls:

McStabby Spd: 1-1=0
Brutus Spd: 2-2=0
D.E.A.T.H. Spd: 1-3=-2(Dice please, take this seriously. I'm severely tempted to have everyone here just trip over each other and fall in a big pile with rolls like these.)

McStabby Dex: 4=4
D.E.A.T.H. Spd: 3-3=0
McStabby Str: 4+1=5
D.E.A.T.H. End: 2+2=4

McStabby takes to the skies, and smashes his axe downward. The swing tears into his foe's cheek, tearing a chunk of flesh out of it!

D.E.A.T.H. Dex: 6+3=9
McStabby Spd: 5-1=4
D.E.A.T.H Str: 1+3=4
McStabby End: 2=2
McStabby Str: 1+1=2

D.E.A.T.H. returns the favor by swinging their scourge at McStabby's right arm, tearing it off below the shoulder! He loses hold of the axe due to pain, and the wing's granted to him fade away. He falls to the ground.

Perhaps its time for Brutus to make his move? No? All right then.

With my stupidly fast speed, scout out the swamp and find the metal snake.

Sparky Spd: 6+5=11 (Again?)
Snake Spd: 5+3=8
Sparky Dex: 3+1+?(Sneak attack)=?
Snake End: 2+2=4
Sparky Dex: 6+1=7
Snake Spd: 4+3=7
Snake End: 6+2=8

You dash around the swamp at high speed, and find the snake. The beast's eyes continue to glow, and it begins to turn around towards you! Smell perhaps? Nonetheless, it is too late, as you've already fired off a shot down the creature's gullet. The beast roars in pain, strange fluid spattering everywhere! (but not on you) You take another shot to follow it up, but the beast coils into a defensive position, and your shot only grazes its metal coating.

That definitely hurt it. With the damage from before, the snake probably isn't long for this world. Couldn't hurt to keep shooting though.

Throw one Emergency Exit dart at the ground, and sprint to the ravine.

Sophie Spd: 3+1=4

You throw an Emergency Exit dart at the ground. Seems there's nothing to escape from. You start running northwest towards the ravine.

"Hm... activate?"

Ho attempts to activate his statue.

Ho Aff: 3=3

You raise the statue, and a small transparent hammer comes into being before him. He swings the statue, and it smashes the ground. The grass is dissolving. An acidic attack?

Map: http://imgur.com/a/IQOVz
Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:57:11 am by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 15, 2017, 07:27:17 am »

Man, those two suck at killing each other.

Wait to see which of the combatants will be victorious, then attack the victor. If neither die this turn, just stay out of sight.

As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 15, 2017, 07:46:02 am »

FINISH HIM WITH A BLOW OF HIS OWN WEAPON TO HIS HEAD!!!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 15, 2017, 08:37:45 am »

Recover axe!  Off with his head!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 15, 2017, 10:06:08 am »

The PM is real.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 15, 2017, 03:47:21 pm »

I fucking love how stupidly fast I am.

Smack the Snake from behind with my crystal sledgehammer.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 15, 2017, 04:11:26 pm »

"Y'all rested up? There's a couple of guys across the river we could probably hit, but it might be better to wait until one of them kills the other. The victor should give better loot. And I'd like to get the couch charged. Should hopefully be able to attach my new loot along with the other stuff it does. But the waiting might get boring."

Put on a helmet if it's not all splintery. Go prime the cannon, then grab the pistol to heal and give it back to Grahm afterwards.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 11:33:32 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 15, 2017, 06:19:23 pm »

"If you do the couch thing, you should load the cannon first. I'm waiting for a go, here."

bored idling Helmet time?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 03:19:03 pm by Paphi »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 16, 2017, 03:59:03 am »

Continue heading North, throw a deadly dart at anyone trying to attack me.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 16, 2017, 07:34:41 am »

Just waiting for actions from grahm and greeny mostly. I'd like to note that freeform actions are a thing. If you can't think of anything to do, feel free to get creative. If nothing else, you might want to grab those helmets, as I won't be doing that for you. You could also try and hunt some of the other beasts. The hydra isn't doable yet, but roaming to the northeast or southeast would give you something to fight. Hagrow already told you about the four creatures, I'm just reminding you of them.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:18:09 pm by Person »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27