Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 39945 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 7
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2017, 11:53:51 pm »

Wuh-woh.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2017, 12:04:20 am »

((The good news is that you probably didn't die, otherwise Person wouldn't have had to roll the whole thing out.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2017, 12:38:30 am »

Turn 7

More speed rolls! This dog pile on Reaperweed is gonna be an awful mess, I can feel it. Edit: AND. IT. WAS.

Reaperweed Spd: 6+3 (This roll compared to the others... Even if all the players hate you, my dice seem to be a fan.)
Grahm Spd: 2+3=5
Greeny Spd: 2+3=5
Hagrow Spd: 1+2=3
Johannes Spd: 2-1=1

"OI! That's my piano! And I'm a plant, not a man!"

Action pm'd.

Quote from: pm
While playing Middle C March (piano knowledge paying off here!) on a loop with one hand, whack melee guy with the acid seat (throw the seat if it won't turn to acid (preferably in the parts where I'm not holding it)) while focusing the piano's draining effect on him.

Grahm is not in range yet.

Reaperweed Aff: 6+3=9 (This is actually the roll to keep your piano from killing you. You'd probably be better off with these aff rolls swapped.)
Reaperweed Aff: 3+3=6

Greeny Aff: 2+3=5
Hagrow Aff: 4+1=5
Johannes Aff: 5-1=4
Greeny End: 4-3+4=5 (That crystal really saved you.)
Hagrow End: 4+1=5
Johannes End: 1+2=3

While this is technically a practice exercise, for the purposes of "Playing the piano" it seems to qualify well enough.

A large amount of life energy drains from all of your nearby assailants, especially Johannes, who seems to age a decade in moments. The piano seems to be keeping the energy to itself.

Reaperweed Str: 3-2=1

Afterwards, you try to grab the seat and throw it at someone, but you can't seem to pick it up.

"I'll look even more alive when my hand isn't on fire!"

Get to desk. Sit at desk. Quench hand with desk. Heal with desk? Shoot at piano guy with desk and then slingshot.[/b

Grahm Spd: 5+3=8
Grahm Aff: 1+3=4
Grahm Aff: 3+3+1=7
Grahm Dex: 6+2=8
Reaperweed Spd: 4+3=7
Reaperweed End: 2=2
Reaperweed End: 1=1

Grahm rushes towards the desk surrounded by humid air and takes a seat. Immediately the aquatic barrier forms, and some of the water breaks off. He can feel it soothing some of his burns already. Grahm doesn't think he could attack with both the desk and your slingshot in such a short timeline, and decides the desk is his best bet. With a point of a finger from the hand that isn't stuck to a slingshot, a high pressure blast of water surges out toward Reaperweed! The plant man sees the shot coming while trying to pick up his piano seat, but only too late, and is swamped by the aquatic blast! He immediately is thrown off his feet, and smashes into the pillar behind him! The last thing he hears before falling unconscious is a large crack of some sort. The pillar unceremoniously repairs itself from the impact.

Drain Vitality from whoever Grahm and Hagrow attack. Or from anyone who attacks Grahm, Hagrow, or me.

Seeing Grahm's rather impressive attack, you decide to finish things off by draining some vitality from an unconscious man.

Greeny Aff: 5+3=8
Reaperweed Aff: 3+3=6
Reaperweed End: 1=1
Reaperweed End: 2-3=-1 (Apparently I was wrong about the dice. Or was that tempting fate?)

Their already bruised and battered body puts up little resistance, and the loss of vitality is enough to stop their... heart? You suppose plant people have some sort of circulatory equivalent.

Reaperweed is dead!

Greeny Luk: 6+3+1=10 (Yay, our first double digit item!)

With Reaperweed's death, the eyesore of a piano collapses into a gooey mess that drains into a loot portal. Thankfully, this loss of form seems to have released some of the energy stored within, and the combatants feel a bit better with the return of some of their life energy. Greeny holds out his hands in preparation, and a pistol falls into one of them.

It is moderately sized, and has fangs on the front as if its a fighter jet, but wait a second... Those aren't painted on they're real! They must act as some kind of bayonet! The gun has a flesh like texture, and there's doesn't seem any way to load new ammo.

A pull of a suspiciously bony trigger has the gun open a mouth full of teeth, and fire a large fang that penetrates deep into a nearby pillar. The fang is covered is some sort of liquid that you aren't eager to touch to see what it does. The fang vanishes, leaving no mark in the strange pillar. As far as guns go, this one seems very quiet.

Step away from Greeny, then fire the cannon at the piano player!

"Slingshot, look alive!"

Hagrow End: 5+1=6

You would have done this, but your target sort of died and loot fell out. However, you decide to check if it can be primed or loaded without firing it immediately after. You put your hand on the back of the cannon, and it cuts your hand, drawing a small amount of blood. The mouth of the cannon lights with flame and heat. You think you can just leave it like this for now. Whatever this thing hits, it'll definitely hurt.

(There was a chance for collateral damage here(there very often is with loot), and you didn't tell me if you cared about that sort of thing. I'd have fired it if Reaperweed didn't die, but I'm gonna assume you don't want your team mates to potentially die. This doesn't give anything away about your loot. I'd say this no matter what piece of loot you were trying to attack with. Yes even your ring.)

Huh. That didn't work.

The piano hath thwarted me, so instead I shall smash the head of the man playing it. Probably a lot squishier.

Said man is sort of already dead. How anticlimactic.

Run at him and Punch him in the Face.
Slash him with my scythe

These two are pretty far away from each other, so I guess I'll keep them separate for my own sake. As an aside, did you know that there's apparently no standard universal agreement for how to write possesives if a proper name ends in s? Until now, neither did I! I also just noticed that the players labeled "9" and "11" are fighting, so damn it. Illuminati confirmed.

Hugh Spd: 5=5
Brutus Spd: 3-2=1

Hugh Dex: 3-1=2
Brutus Spd: 3-2=1
Hugh Str: 2+1=3
Brutus End: 1+2=3

Brutus Dex: 2+1=3
Hugh Spd: 1=1
Brutus Str: 6+3=9
Hugh End: 1+2=3 (I chose what body part to target at random, and the part wasn't armored.
Hugh End: 4+2=6

Hugh throws a decent punch at his foe's noggin, but his arm is turned away by Brutus's scythe. In turn, Brutus uses their scythe to cleave Hugh's left leg off at the knee! What will happen next?

Hit the snake in the eye with the ice kama

Snake battle!

Snek Spd: 6+2=8
Rautherdir Spd: 3+2=5

Snek Dex: 1+2=3
Rautherdir Spd: 6+2

Rautherdir Dex: 5+2=7
Snek Spd: 5+3=8
Rautherdir Str: 4+1-3=2

The snake tries to take a quick bite out of Rautherdir, but they sidestep the attack easily, and go for the eyes! Their slash is fast, but the snake is faster and pulls its head back quickly. Looks like this battle is back to square one.

Sophie Lou (wipeout1024) has spawned!

Sophie Luk: 3+2=5

Your waiver turns into a heavy machine gun. You look in the box magazine, and all you can see is darkness. There's definitely something in there though. You look around, and see a great lake to the north, a river to the west, and a swamp to the east. Past the river, there seems to be a strange structure. You look down the sights towards it, and your aim seems to have been automatically enhanced. You think you see some people there, but they look to be out of range.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

((The good news is that you probably didn't die, otherwise Person wouldn't have had to roll the whole thing out.))

Yeah they went first. Such is life. Hope you rejoin sometime. Not gonna lie, was hoping those two by the forest might form a counter alliance. Seriously, you've got half the players in the game on the same team, and no one seems to be doing the obvious thing. I guess its good roleplaying though, so props for that.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 06:08:48 pm by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2017, 01:30:49 am »

Rewaitlist me, please (same character). He's already died quite a few times; he's used to it now.

Well, at least I made like half of you waste your turns.

Seriously, you've got half the players in the game on the same team, and no one seems to be doing the obvious thing. I guess its good roleplaying though, so props for that.
Yeah, Beirus tends to have that effect on deathmatches (*cough* Roll to Magic *cough*). Of course, when I try to make massive teams, I get killed. Such is life.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 01:37:25 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 6
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2017, 01:44:00 am »

Toss an Extra Bang down the snake's throat.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2017, 01:45:54 am »

Walk to the lake, keeping my machine gun close at hand.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2017, 04:17:10 am »

((Collateral damage is a bonus here, whatchu talkin bout? And hey ATHATH, don't feel bad. Who knows what'll happen~))

Equip the ring and see if merely wearing it will kill me. Ask Greeny for some vitality.

"I'm gonna puke here, you mind?"

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2017, 05:31:39 am »

(By collateral damage I meant your team mates might have died and you'd have basically been killing just them and not your intended target. If you don't mind that sort of thing feel free to pm me. Wee, paranoia intensifies.)

That aside, glad you're continuing ATHATH. I assume Reaperweed is from roll to magic or am I wrong about that?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 05:34:36 am by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2017, 06:21:03 am »

Go Shield Smash Graham. Deflect any water attacks with the shield.

((Seriously, everyone loves killstealing too much :P))
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 11:40:50 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2017, 08:04:09 am »

I Try to Wrestle him to the ground Where that scythe won't be so useful, because at the moment I'm lacking a leg to stand on in this fight.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2017, 11:31:02 am »

Go Smash Graham.

((Seriously, everyone loves killstealing too much :P))

Use the desk to blast this guy backwards.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2017, 08:46:38 pm »

Just need Beirus and S34N1C.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2017, 09:03:45 pm »

"I don't think it works in reverse. Could end up killing you. But we can try it when we aren't in a fight if you want. I got this gun now, though, and I'm not the best shot. Why don't you see if you can hit that other guy charging Grahm? If I can finish him off and get the kill, the next item might let me heal you. Oh, and if I die, the gun goes away too."

Hand the pistol to Hagrow if he shoots it at Johannes. Drain Vitality from Johannes.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2017, 09:38:42 pm »

"Fuckfuckfuckfuck

Why are YOU shooting me now? We could be GREAT frie-

Wait, someone needs healing? The chair Graham is sitting in heals whoever sits in it. If you don't kill me, and instead let me kill this guy, you're free to use it.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2017, 10:39:02 pm »

"Yeah, okay, good poi- ha, just kidding. It ain't your loot."

Change of plan: equip ring, crush then shoot Johannes.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27