Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27

Author Topic: Another Loot Experiment: B.E.E.R. 8/8 Turn 32  (Read 39984 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 9
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2017, 09:15:47 am »

((What the heck is a Parashu? Also, left handed. Alternatively, ambidextrous, if that's an option.))

Nobody, ever silent... did something. PM.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2017, 09:48:01 am »

((What the heck is a Parashu? Also, left handed. Alternatively, ambidextrous, if that's an option.))

I added it to the weapons part of the generator with a bunch of other axes because I found it listed on wikipedia somewhere.  There's quite a few little known fillerish weapons from across the world(like Rautherdir's Kama) in the generator. I might remove a few to be honest, though they don't really clutter it all that much.  Basically, it has a little flavor text as opposed to being a normal battle axe.

Edit: Also everyone is technically ambidextrous. But favored hand now matters internally for certain stuff because of reasons. Will put down left handed then.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:49:49 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2017, 11:28:42 am »

Inspect the obelisk.

((What are the odds of the cannon being a single use bomb?))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2017, 11:32:24 am »

(Right handed)
Grab his scythe, I've gotta kill him quickly!!![/]
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2017, 12:43:48 pm »

Inspect the obelisk.

((What are the odds of the cannon being a single use bomb?))
Depends on what you mean by odds. Can the generator create one use bombs? Yes. Is the cannon a bomb? That'll be a surprise won't it?

After generation, all the features are basically set in stone. So, if it IS a bomb then the odds are 1 to 0. If it isn't a bomb, then the odds are 0 to 1. As for how likely the generator is to make that sort of thing, I actually don't even know myself. Wee, paranoia.

As an aside, please explain the brick joke as I feel stupid. It just looks like you just changed from Johannes to Jones. That and being left handed.

Edit: Oh well all right then.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:36:28 pm by Person »
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2017, 01:18:03 pm »

((It's a reference to Red Vs Blue. With the benefit of hindsight, it's not as funny as I initially intended, but hey, I was lazy.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2017, 03:58:54 pm »

(Right handed)

I will be so humiliated if you kill me with my own weapon.

Kick him in the nads, making him drop the scythe
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2017, 04:09:52 pm »

Watch, as you kick we in the thickist part of my armor, breaking three toes, and dropping your scythe so I Can kill you with it.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2017, 06:10:09 pm »

Watch, as you kick we in the thickist part of my armor, breaking three toes, and dropping your scythe so I Can kill you with it.
RNGeesus please
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2017, 02:26:18 am »

Just need actions from Beirus and Whisperling, I believe.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2017, 02:33:57 am »

"As nice as the obelisk is, Hagrow, I think that chick over there wants us dead."

Wear the roller skates. Drain Vitality from the woman shooting at us and crush her with gravity. If I can't actually use the ring this turn, take it off.  Make sure to take cover behind the pillars if I need to.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2017, 02:32:08 pm »

((Shoot, completely forgot about this. For future reference, feel free to autopilot me or just skip me if I go missing like that.))

We seem to be being shot at, so blast that person with water (and the slingshot if I have time).

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Another Loot Experiment: Battlers Endlessly Exterminate Rivals 8/8 Turn 10
« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2017, 08:16:05 am »

Turn 10

Toss a Winter Assault down the snake's throat.

Snake Speed: 1+3=4(Won tie)
Rautherdir Spd: 2+2=4
Snake Aff: 5-1=4
Snake Dex: 3+2=5
Rautherdir Spd: 4+2=6
Rautherdir Dex: 1+2=3
Grenade Aff: 5=5
Snake Spd: 5+3=8

The glow continues until it reaches a peak, and the snake fires laserbeams out of its eyes! Rautherdir narrowly avoids the attack, and retaliates by throwing a winter assault grenade, which the snake easily avoids. The grenade's many icicles release, but strike only the terrain.

Nobody, ever silent... did something. PM.

Nobody Spd: 4=4

Indeed. You are now hidden. (I'll pm you the specifics.)

Kick him in the nads, making him drop the scythe

Hugh Spd: 5-2=3 (I kind of forgot to subtract speed for having a missing leg and whatnot a couple times, but it hasn't really had much of an effect.)
Brutus Spd: 4-2=2
Hugh Dex: 6-1-1(Heavy weapon)=4
Brutus Spd: 5-2=3
Hugh Str: 3+1=4
Brutus End: 2+2=4

Brutus Dex: 3+1=4
Hugh Spd: 6-2=4
Brutus Str: 5+3=8
Hugh End: 6+2=8
Brutus End: 6+2=8
Hugh End: 2+2=4

Hugh grabs the scythe off the ground. It is a little heavy for him, but it is probably a better weapon than his fists. Hugh makes a slash at his foe, connecting and leaving a decent sized cut in his right upper arm! Brutus retaliates with a kick at Hugh's groin, but only strikes his armor! Brutus doesn't feel any pain in his foot, and is ready to try again if need be. Hugh continues to bleed out at an increasing rate. This next turn might be his last chance.

[We seem to be being shot at, so blast that person with water (and the slingshot if I have time).
Wear the roller skates. Drain Vitality from the woman shooting at us and crush her with gravity. If I can't actually use the ring this turn, take it off.  Make sure to take cover behind the pillars if I need to.
Inspect the obelisk.
Using the gun, fire at anyone around the structure I can hit.

Grahm Spd: 5+3=8
Hagrow Spd: 5+2=7
Greeny Spd: 1+3+1=5
Sophie Spd: 3+1=4 (Man, people that challenge these three always get outspeeded. Rolls are rolls though.)

Grahm Aff: 2+2=4
Grahm Dex: 2+2=4
Sophie Spd: 5+1=6
Grahm Aff: 3+2=5
Grahm End: 1-2=-1
Grahm Dex: 3+2=5
Sophie Spd: 2+1=3
Sophie End: 5=5

Greeny Aff: 5+3=8
Sophie Aff: 3-2=1
Sophie End: 5=5
Greeny Aff(Prevent backfire): 5+3=8
Greeny Aff: 5+3=8 (Beirus, did you pay a visit to "You always roll 5" recently or something?)
Sophie Str: 5-1=4
Sophie End: 2-2=0 (Oh.)
Greeny End(Resist ring): 3-3+5=5

Sophie Str: 6-1=5
Sophie Dex: 2+1=3
Grahm Spd: 1+3=4

Grahm fires a small blast of water from the desk, which sophie sidesteps. Seeing this, he stands up and readies his slingshot, his hand is greatly burned despite the stick being a large one, but a good sized fireball is released, and strikes Sophie directly in the left leg, which is now on fire!

Greeny rapidly puts on his rollerskates, and sees a warning in his mind about an attack to come. The wheels on the skates crackle even more with lightning, and Greeny shoots off at high speed behind one of the many pillars, sparks and light trailing his movements. Now in position, he drains some vitality from Sophie. Finally, he fires up his ring, and Sophie falls to the ground instantly from the increase in gravity, the impact moderately crushing their upper body and right leg.

Hagrow is the first to take a closer look at the obelisk, while using it as cover. There seems to be some sort of writing on the structure, but other than that he can't seem to tell anything else about it at a glance. As such, he touches it with his hand. Immediately a vision becomes clear in his mind, of four deadly beasts. A snake made of iron with fangs of mercury within a swamp. An 8 headed hydra deep in a mountain cave with countless powers. A praying mantis seemingly without form deep in an overgrown forest. And finally a humongous wolf of earth and fire with many young in a desert far away. He knows instinctually that these creatures are important, but why?

Sophie finds her gunning plans greatly disrupted, and can't find their way to their feet.  Nonetheless, they start shooting the easiest target they can see, that being a man with a burning slingshot. Their gun releases a large storm of deep black projectiles, but none of them fine their mark.

Sparky has spawned!

Sparky Luk: 5+1=6

Sparky appears slightly west of the river, carrying a shotgun. The shotgun glows with some sort of runes, and upon picking it up, a few orbs of molasses being to orbit around him. Is this some sort of passive defense?

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)

Against my better judgement, I'm expanding this to 9 players. Yottawhat, pick a hand. At the same time, I kinda wish the wait list was bigger. Maybe I should have announced this in the brainstorming thread or something...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:37:58 am by Person »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2017, 08:50:36 am »

Desperately crawl away, to the lake.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2017, 09:31:55 am »

Bear Hug. He can't swing it if I'm restraining his arms.

Glory to United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 27