Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48670 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 1 - Ripples in the Mindscape
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2016, 06:17:27 pm »

To DarkStar -
It's very scummy to quote a crapton of people, I'd imagine.
I know certain roles can interact with corruption and assorted post effects. All of the info I have is the role I have and the mod.
Possible Town Roles:
  Disciple of Iron Will - More resistant to Corruption.
  Disciple of the Polished Stone - Reflects the spread of effects
  Disciple of the Open Mind - Magnifies the effects of spread effects
  Disciple of the Flowing River - Can spread effects between posts

To Wilde - Yes, I do. I like to type, and I aspire to be an author someday.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2016, 06:30:04 pm »

The Vote Tally
BlackHeartKabal: Jack A T, TheDarkStar
Jack A T: origamiscienceguy

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2016, 07:34:54 pm »

fillipk: You're scum, aren't you?
No but maybe you are, aren't you?

fillipk: Pressure to see his reaction.
I feel so pressured, in fact I feel so pressured by your lack of a vote that I will confess my true identity as the Evillord of Evil and now I must destroy you all mwah  hah ha ha ha.  /sarcasm
(Seriously though, its not pressure if you aren't voting me)

FillipK What is scum's advantage spreading corruption as compared to a kill? Would you rather have a kill as scum or the corruption spreading?

The main advantage of corruption spreading over killing is that you can kill off multiple people at once, however it takes longer and the town can try and save the people.  Honestly I would like a powerful corruption ability, maybe one that targets multiple people or corrupts multiple stages, otherwise it is strictly worse then a night kill.  Another point is that multiple scum could act at once corrupting posts while only one scum can nightkill, which can be tracked, blocked, protected, watched, healed, etc.

O.wilde

@everyone do you think scum can be killed by their own corruption?  How would you go about using that fact against them?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2016, 08:08:37 pm »

Also, I'm taking 7 AP tests in 2 weeks, so I'll be popping in every once in a while, but not really spending a lot of time here. Until those two weeks are over, that is. Then I catch senioritis and I couldn't care less for school.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2016, 08:16:26 pm »

OSG It's LYLO and there is a tie between me and FillipK, your vote is the tiebreaker. Given our meta play, and nothing else, who do you lynch?
You.

How does that make you feel?
Not surprised. A little irritated, maybe. Is there a player, who in a tie with me, who you would lynch over me given their respective meta play?

TDS Protection is listed in the Event Order, but kills are not. Which roles in the OP would you theorize to work as Protection roles?

Possibly Iron Will or Narrow Path. It's too early to say much, though, and for all we know the protective role could be third-party or mafia. Why does this sound like rolefishing?
While there's a little bit of rolefishing motivation behind it, it's mostly setup speculation. As far as the fishing goes, I'd like to know who to be able to trust, and who I would want to trust as targets of my ability; make sure that they're not in possession of something that would keep it from working or that they're mafia who would only take advantage of my goodwill. But mostly speculation, because this is like "Supernatural 1" or "Paranatural 1", where it's the first game in this setup style, the first one with this sort of flavor, and we know flavor clues exist in Supernatural, where speculation on the setup can actually be useful, but we don't have any pre-existing knowledge on the setup, so the speculation is more vague. I'm building up for proper identification of fake-claims later in the game with this speculation.

EBWOP: Didn't mean to strikethough that last part.
Oh well. Formatting issues, misclicks, whatever. Or post restriction?
Doesn't matter.

Snip
Oi! You missed MY question!

FillipK What is scum's advantage spreading corruption as compared to a kill? Would you rather have a kill as scum or the corruption spreading?

The main advantage of corruption spreading over killing is that you can kill off multiple people at once, however it takes longer and the town can try and save the people.  Honestly I would like a powerful corruption ability, maybe one that targets multiple people or corrupts multiple stages, otherwise it is strictly worse then a night kill.  Another point is that multiple scum could act at once corrupting posts while only one scum can nightkill, which can be tracked, blocked, protected, watched, healed, etc.

@everyone do you think scum can be killed by their own corruption?  How would you go about using that fact against them?
That's an interesting perspective. Which do you feel is more likely, that the scum can target multiple people, or that they can corrupt in multiple stages? Hmm, got to be careful, then, about anyone spreading effects. The could all be scum, or only half of them, if there's more than however many scum there are; if there's more than two people who are detected by a Third Eye as spreading corruption, not all of those can be scum, right (I'm getting the number two from the flavor in post 27)?

Ooh, I don't know. I'd guess yes, but if not... Then I guess if someone has four or more fully corrupted posts, they're scum?
Going purely on a guess, Polished Stone, Open Mind, maybe Flowing River can try to spread corruption too to identify (or kill) scum.

Also, I'm taking 7 AP tests in 2 weeks, so I'll be popping in every once in a while, but not really spending a lot of time here. Until those two weeks are over, that is. Then I catch senioritis and I couldn't care less for school.
Good luck, dude!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2016, 08:50:12 pm »

No quote cause I'm paranoid.

I think multiple posts is way more likely as there is a town role that doubles the effects of corruption and purification
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2016, 08:51:25 pm »

Not surprised. A little irritated, maybe. Is there a player, who in a tie with me, who you would lynch over me given their respective meta play?
Shakerag.

You played KOTM, so you'd know why.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2016, 10:23:26 pm »

Shakerag.

You played KOTM, so you'd know why.
*rolls eyes*
You know I meant in this game. :P
Yes, I definitely know why.
The Cyan Menace

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2016, 10:53:18 pm »

Snip
Oi! You missed MY question!
Nope. Just accidentally mis-attributed it.

BHK - There was another question for you.

Fillipk - I agree with Flabort's reasoning for it. I, however, think that it is more likely that scum either die at 3 like the rest of us, or that there is only one real mafia-aligned multiple-person corruption spreader in the game. This is because I feel that with more than one it would be /extremely/ easy for the mafia to suddenly kill like 4 or 5 people, dramatically shifting the balance of power.

What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2016, 12:45:07 pm »

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2016, 01:18:02 pm »

BHK - There was another question for you.
Where?
...9?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Cyan Menace

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2016, 02:37:08 pm »

Why are we counting?

I know it wasn't a meph edit cause it would say so.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2016, 02:42:38 pm »

I don't know. O wilde started it, then fillipk and BHK joined in.
The Cyan Menace

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2016, 03:31:47 pm »

okay. Count down from THIS:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29