Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48668 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 1 - Ripples in the Mindscape
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2016, 04:43:14 am »

BlackHeartKabal: Explain, one-by-one, how each of the above questions will help town win.
OSG: You're gauging his knowledge of mafia theory, so that if he puts it to use, you'd have a preliminary read on him? Of course, he could be lying.
TheDarkStar: You would get a short, sweet, and to the point description of the players here through TDS's eyes.
O. Wilde: Earnestness is a quality of sincere interest, belief, or opinion. Tunneling on a town player, for example? That would definitely benefit the mafia and harm the town.
fillipk: Pressure to see his reaction.
flabort: This doesn't benefit town. If you're mafia, you're going to load your own question.
Deus Asmoth: This is a distraction from the game. Neither a benefit nor a hindrance at best.
Persus13: You want a curator for posts, and you're recommending Persus. Due to the nature of the game, that would make Persus's job very important.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2016, 04:51:34 am »

flabort: Should I ask myself a question?
That's really up to you. Maybe if you plan on breadcrumbing, but otherwise I don't think there's any reason for gameplay to do it; other than breadcrumbing or grabbing attention, it's just a silly joke a lot of us take part in, right? At least thats how I see it. That said, why ask a question like this one if you weren't planning on doing something silly like that?

PFP, its 3 in the morning, ask my questions in the morning. <- This is also a good way to get attention, delaying your RQS questions.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2016, 08:59:55 am »

Persus13: How much effort, if any, will you put into post archival in this game?
I wasn't planning on it, but now that you mention it, I might a little bit. How about yourself?

EBWOP: That purple was meant to be blue.
Early game FOS? What's up with that Jack?

Flabort: What's new in your play?

O. Wilde: Are you new here or are you someone who changed their username?

TDS: When's the last time you played a game Meph hosted? How well did it go for you?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:04:11 pm by Mephansteras »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2016, 03:07:10 pm »

OSG: Explain one aspect of Mafia theory to me, and explain why you chose that aspect.
I choose RVS because we are in it and I don't like it.

It gets people talking, but nothing from RVS can be used as solid evidence against them because of the nature of RVS. That is why I don't like it. What comes after it is good though.

Jack AT

Why did you break Meph's rules?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:47:08 pm by Mephansteras »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2016, 04:06:35 pm »

<snip>
BlackHeartKabal: Those are interesting interpretations.  Now, why did I ask those questions?

Persus13: How much effort, if any, will you put into post archival in this game?
I wasn't planning on it, but now that you mention it, I might a little bit. How about yourself?
Persus13: Colouration is clearly the focus, but I could see content alteration possibly occurring.  Until I have some idea how the post editing in this game works, I'll at least keep a solid record of my own posts as posted.
As for my FoSes, I'll leave that question for a bit later.  Just know that I considered up to 7 FoSes in that opening post.

Jack AT
OSG: Huh?
If this is about the purple, you don't need an answer to know.  All the necessary evidence is already in my earlier two posts and the layout of the reply system.  Infer.
If this is about my not using your format for voting and FoSing, my method is a coherent and non-rejected interpretation of 'on their own line'.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:47:35 pm by Mephansteras »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2016, 04:26:26 pm »

BlackHeartKabal: Those are interesting interpretations.  Now, why did I ask those questions?
I'm neither Jack A T, nor am I pretending to be Jack A T. Only you know the specific reason why you asked those questions. If I could hazard a guess, you wanted to see how I would interpret those questions. Perhaps you're planning to do something with your role?

Maybe you're corrupted, Jack. How do I know you aren't a mafia Disciple of the Open Mind, or a Disciple of the Flowing River, building up quotes to ignite everyone with your friends like some cobbled together patchwork arsonist?

Maybe you're a town Disciple of Iron Will, or a Disciple of the Polished Stone, building up quotes to bait the corrupters?

I haven't seen much of you. Depending on what you do, I can build up a preliminary read on you for future games, depending on what you turn over as, if you get kicked out of the mindscape, by corruption, vote, choice, or victory.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 07:03:09 pm by Mephansteras »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2016, 04:56:16 pm »

Jack: I would argue that the main security threats to the Canadian Arctic are threefold:

The first is rapidly becoming a widely discussed topic in most corners of the world; that of environmental pollution. The Canadian Arctic has suffered under the burden of marine and air pollution, most of it stemming from Cold War activities. Part of this is due to the influence of military activity and the pollution that became directly responsible for (particularly in the post Cold War years, where a large number of military sites were deemed surplus and abandoned, allowing chemical waste to seep into the environment as they deteriorated) but also the secondary effects, such as military patrols causing animal migration patterns to be affected and therefore having unforeseen effects on the natural routes those animals would take. Then, of course, there comes the product of that waste: climate change. This is resulting in the thawing of permafrost in the Arctic, as well as transforming areas that are normally frozen over into open sea. In addition to the effects that this has on Canadian wildlife, it contributes to the other two points I plan to raise.

The second threat to the Canadian Arctic is due to the increased accessibility that its thawing ice offers. With the Arctic becoming increasingly easy to navigate as the climate changes, it opens a new range of possibilities for a whole range of risks not just to the Arctic, but to Canada as a whole. Perhaps the least threatening of these is that drug smugglers could attempt to use the Arctic as a new way to access the country, but in a world where terrorism is on everyone's mind, it must be considered that those organisations would also attempt to find new paths not only into Canada, but past its southern border rather than attempting direct access to the USA. There is also the risk that members of organised crime rings would attempt to exploit the Arctic for any natural resources that are being freed from the permafrost before the government is able to secure it.

The final security risk faced by the Canadian Arctic is the attempts by other countries to impose upon Canada's sovereign lands and waters, primarily the Northwest Passage (considered internal by Canada rather than international as claimed by other countries), the claim on Hans Island (disputed by Denmark) and the dispute with the USA over the maritime border in the Beaufort Sea. All of these examples pose a risk to Canada's sovereignty and authority, while the last two also pose a monetary risk with the potential loss of natural resources.

So, how should Canada go about combating these threats to the Arctic? The revitalization of the Canadian Rangers in 2006 certainly serves as a good starting point as far as preventing military threats in the Arctic is concerned, as well as making it mandatory for ships sailing into the Arctic to register with NODREG from 2008. Canada has also certainly shown that it is willing to exercise its sovereignty in the area with the arrangement in 2006 to extend the NORAD agreement with the US indefinitely. While negotiations with Denmark regarding Hans Island are ongoing, Canada has certainly shown that it is not going to easily let go of its Arctic territory, with the most likely solutions as of 2012 being either condominium or splitting the disputed island in half (which would also result in a second Canada-Denmark land border). Climate change, unfortunately, is an issue that the world as a whole must work together to combat.

Would you agree or disagree with the assertion that the American transcontinental railroad would have taken longer to complete if not for the Irish Great Famine?

Persus: do you consider my assessment of the Canadian Arctic accurate or inaccurate?

flabort: if I asked you an RVS question, what would your answer be?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 07:03:32 pm by Mephansteras »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2016, 04:59:48 pm »

EBWOP: substitute one of those 'certainly shown's with a 'demonstrated'.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2016, 05:16:59 pm »

[Meph edit: Purple is actually a color that could show up, so I've changed it to blue. This is a mod edit and not an ability use]
EBWOP: That purple was meant to be blue.
This is funny to me.

Jack AT

But as funny as it is, I don't think it's worthy of voting over. Notice in the OP, Meph doesn't say anything about purple. Only when he corrects Jack's post does he declare it to (possibly) mean anything. Jack couldn't have known it was a rule.

<snip>
You replied to everyone else who replied to your post here, but not me. Jealousy mode activate.

Maybe you're corrupted, Jack. How do I know you aren't a mafia Disciple of the Open Mind, or a Disciple of the Flowing River, building up quotes to ignite everyone with your friends like some cobbled together patchwork arsonist?

Maybe you're a town Disciple of Iron Will, or a Disciple of the Polished Stone, building up quotes to bait the corrupters?
Those are possible town roles... what are you saying? This accusation makes no sense,
BlackHeartKabal

I don't understand, what do quotes have to do with any of those abilities? I'm not seeing anything about quotes in the OP or my role PM.

Flabort: What's new in your play?
Nothing of note, that I know of. I was thinking of reintroducing the spreadsheet to my play, but I still don't have it working and given the way the game revolves around Meph's mod powers, I don't think it would be as valuable a tool as it would in a game without the mod powers.

Jack AT Same question you asked BHK, but in regards to my questions: How will each of the below help town?
OSG It's LYLO and there is a tie between me and FillipK, your vote is the tiebreaker. Given our meta play, and nothing else, who do you lynch?
TDS Protection is listed in the Event Order, but kills are not. Which roles in the OP would you theorize to work as Protection roles?
O Wilde I want an analysis of all the votes and Fingers of Suspicion in the game so far. Tell me which ones you think are town motivated, and which ones could be distancing, bussing, or buddying.
FillipK What is scum's advantage spreading corruption as compared to a kill? Would you rather have a kill as scum or the corruption spreading?
Deus Asmoth How likely is there to be a spy or mason in this setup? Would it make sense given what you know of the flavor?
Persus When you ask your RQS questions, I want an answer from you for each of those questions.
BHK Define Distancing, Bussing, and Buddying. Seperate definitions from each, and why are they scum motivated?

PPE:
flabort: if I asked you an RVS question, what would your answer be?
42 is a perfectly acceptable answer.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:34:10 am by Mephansteras »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2016, 05:34:29 pm »

OSG It's LYLO and there is a tie between me and FillipK, your vote is the tiebreaker. Given our meta play, and nothing else, who do you lynch?

You.

How does that make you feel?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:35:18 am by Mephansteras »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2016, 05:36:42 pm »

Those are possible town roles... what are you saying? This accusation makes no sense,
BlackHeartKabal

I don't understand, what do quotes have to do with any of those abilities? I'm not seeing anything about quotes in the OP or my role PM.

BHK Define Distancing, Bussing, and Buddying. Seperate definitions from each, and why are they scum motivated?
Common sense related to the mafia variant's method of corruption for a setup that would be originally played with 13 players. I suspect that the scum doesn't have a nightkill and is going to be corrupting posts to kill. However, one or two measly points of corruption is nonsense. Even with three points of corruption, it's still a two day delay until full corruption, and someone can just cleanse the post. Add in the Disciple of Iron Will, plus the fact that we need three corrupted posts to die? It's way too slow, and would screw the mafia. Which is why I'm going to assume that the Mafia can spread corruption through interaction with quotes, us thinking about already corrupted thoughts in the mindscape. Any other method would be too slow, but this way, with smart play by the mafia, they could keep up a steady flow of kills to counter the town's play. The idea is balanced. It makes the most sense.

Distancing - Deliberately attempting to distance yourself from a team member ( Mafia, Cult, etc ) so that in the event one gets lynched, the other is under less suspicion due to disagreement.
Bussing - Getting a member of your team lynched or killed to earn trust with the town and relieve suspicion from yourself.
Buddying - Acting unnaturally friendly towards a player to make them less inclined to work against you, such as scum acting nicely to a PR to avoid investigation/death.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2016, 06:01:41 pm »

TDS Protection is listed in the Event Order, but kills are not. Which roles in the OP would you theorize to work as Protection roles?

Possibly Iron Will or Narrow Path. It's too early to say much, though, and for all we know the protective role could be third-party or mafia. Why does this sound like rolefishing?

Common sense related to the mafia variant's method of corruption for a setup that would be originally played with 13 players. I suspect that the scum doesn't have a nightkill and is going to be corrupting posts to kill. However, one or two measly points of corruption is nonsense. Even with three points of corruption, it's still a two day delay until full corruption, and someone can just cleanse the post. Add in the Disciple of Iron Will, plus the fact that we need three corrupted posts to die? It's way too slow, and would screw the mafia. Which is why I'm going to assume that the Mafia can spread corruption through interaction with quotes, us thinking about already corrupted thoughts in the mindscape. Any other method would be too slow, but this way, with smart play by the mafia, they could keep up a steady flow of kills to counter the town's play. The idea is balanced. It makes the most sense.

Do you think it's scummy to have lots of quotes if you think corruption can be spread through quotes?

I'm neither Jack A T, nor am I pretending to be Jack A T. Only you know the specific reason why you asked those questions. If I could hazard a guess, you wanted to see how I would interpret those questions. Perhaps you're planning to do something with your role?

I haven't seen much of you. Depending on what you do, I can build up a preliminary read on you for future games, depending on what you turn over as, if you get kicked out of the mindscape, by corruption, vote, choice, or victory.

What? Why the FOS? Why do you assume certain powers go with certain roles? Insider knowledge, BHK?

TDS: When's the last time you played a game Meph hosted? How well did it go for you?

iirc, it was a supernatural game a year ago. I think I ended up dying kind of early on and lost because I was a third party.

TheDarkStar: Summarize every player here in exactly two words and an emoji each.

Meta reads are annoying, but I'll put actual reads in this form later.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:38:27 am by Mephansteras »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2016, 06:04:18 pm »

EBWOP: Didn't mean to strikethough that last part.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2016, 06:05:00 pm »

O. Wilde: How can the Mafia benefit from earnestness?  How can the Town be harmed by ernestness?
By being honest about any abilities they have, scum may disguise themselves as townies just by the mere fact that we are more likely to trust someone who has, in the past, proven trustworthy to us.

O Wilde I want an analysis of all the votes and Fingers of Suspicion in the game so far. Tell me which ones you think are town motivated, and which ones could be distancing, bussing, or buddying.
I'm sure you do want that. So do I.

BHK: That's quite an imagination you have there. Would you consider yourself a creative person?
TDS: Scummy, much?
Deus Asmoth: Why even dignify this with a response?
OSG: Does this change in the font trend upset you?
Jack AT: Bolingbroke or Henry IV?

Ninjaquestion: TDS: Do you think BHK is dumb enough to slip insider knowledge day 1?

What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2016, 06:16:52 pm »

OSG: Does this change in the font trend upset you?
   ???...:-\...:(...:-[...:'(  yes.  :'( :'( :'(
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29