Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48669 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 1 - Ripples in the Mindscape
« Reply #75 on: May 05, 2016, 01:02:51 am »

Oh. Sorry, yeah, I couldn't tell that was a joke. Still, that's a serious accusation around these parts, even if you did say afterwards that it was sarcastic.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2016, 01:08:08 am »

Eh, it's probably my fault with assuming tone is clear and such.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2016, 03:21:37 am »

Unvote.
Extend.
BHK: You're probably not mafia.  Squirmy paranoia and wild guessing of motives is not behaviour I'd expect from the mafia in RVS.  Plus, you've treated the list of town roles as if it was the list of all roles (scum included), even though the OP doesn't say that and contains evidence of separate non-town roles.  That, though, does not mean as much until we actually catch a scum.

Interesting that you're so willing to reveal that your power works through quotes.

Anyway, you missed the real reason for most (not all, but most) of my questions: poking fun at the pointless questions we ask at the start of every game.  The only one of those seven designed to be productive in any way was the one to Persus, a way to get the issue of post archival in thread and in at least one other player's mind.  The others?
*OSG got the distillation of most start-of-game questions: 'explain theory to me.'  We have tons of specific variants on this idea, and none of them help anyone do much (except, perhaps, miller questions, by sparking stupid debates that get people trying to lynch each other).  Letting OSG choose the aspect of theory throws out even the idea of it being a (quite unnecessary) test of theory knowledge.
*TDS: Emoji.  That is all.
*O. Wilde got a question about earnestness.  Likelihood of this helping any faction?  Minimal.
*fillipk got the 'pressure' question that doesn't actually pressure anyone at all, plus I didn't even vote for him.
*flabort got a pointless question about a silly practice.
*Deus got the completely off-topic question ("what's your favourite colour") seemingly necessary in any RVS phase, and one even less relevant to the game than usual.

Deus Asmoth: I'm quite pleasantly surprised that you answered that question.  Answering it pretty well with no prior knowledge: also a pleasant surprise.

Would you agree or disagree with the assertion that the American transcontinental railroad would have taken longer to complete if not for the Irish Great Famine?
Don't have time to look into this issue right now, sorry.  I'll consider answering later.
Spoiler: Arctic stuff (click to show/hide)

Jack AT Same question you asked BHK, but in regards to my questions: How will each of the below help town?
flabort: fillipk's got a bit of thought on a novel technical issue, which may possibly help us deal with it.  O. Wilde's question, if answered, may have gotten a tiny bit of useful analysis, but considering the paucity of non-RVS votes and FoSes, that is unlikely.  Aside from that, they probably or certainly won't, even for identifying fake-claims.  It's RVS.
Do you disagree?
In addition, regarding your O. Wilde vote, I have a couple questions:
*You voted based on believed third party status.  How would you determine what is scummier than a likely third party?
*You've held your vote post-countdown.  Do you still see him as a likely third party?

Jack AT: Bolingbroke or Henry IV?
O. Wilde: As monarchies go, I only hold allegiance to the Crown of Canada.
Anyway, you reaction-tested with your countdown.  How did it help your reads?

fillipk: You're scum, aren't you?
No but maybe you are, aren't you?
fillipk: no u
@everyone do you think scum can be killed by their own corruption?  How would you go about using that fact against them?
Nothing in the rules indicates they wouldn't be.  Vigging through corruption?

maybe he only gets 12 posts per day?
OSG: How did you come up with this guess?  Was it your top theory?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 11:42:15 am by Mephansteras »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2016, 08:06:08 am »

He was counting down from 12, with one number per post.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2016, 10:20:48 am »

I missed the part in the flavour where it said they were immune so that was bad by me.

Honestly I don't believe that you would just randomly pick 12 and count down in your posts O. Wilde but we will have to wait and see so Unvote

Jack let's say you could give someone the ability to corrupt 3 posts per phase (day and night) and you could give someone else the ability to purify posts again 3 per phase.  If you couldn't give them to yourself who would you give each ability to and why.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2016, 10:42:18 am »

The Vote Tally
BlackHeartKabal: TheDarkStar
Jack A T: fillipk, origamiscienceguy
O.Wilde: BlackHeartKabal, flabort

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Today (about 7 hours). There is 1 vote to Extend the day to ~4pm Pacific Friday. 3 Votes total needed to Extend the day. There are 2 possible extensions still remaining for this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2016, 12:06:48 pm »

Extend I don't think where at a point where there's consensus that someone is scum. Will post larger later today.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2016, 12:13:20 pm »

Extend. No lynch is bad on D1, and we haven't agreed on who to remove.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2016, 02:51:56 pm »

Extend

And this is why I don't like RVS...
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2016, 03:02:41 pm »

Jeez the day is almost over already? extend
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2016, 03:51:08 pm »

Day has been Extended to ~4pm Pacific Friday. There is 1 possible extension still remaining for this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2016, 03:55:00 pm »

Jack AT Same question you asked BHK, but in regards to my questions: How will each of the below help town?
flabort: fillipk's got a bit of thought on a novel technical issue, which may possibly help us deal with it.  O. Wilde's question, if answered, may have gotten a tiny bit of useful analysis, but considering the paucity of non-RVS votes and FoSes, that is unlikely.  Aside from that, they probably or certainly won't, even for identifying fake-claims.  It's RVS.
Do you disagree?
In addition, regarding your O. Wilde vote, I have a couple questions:
*You voted based on believed third party status.  How would you determine what is scummier than a likely third party?
*You've held your vote post-countdown.  Do you still see him as a likely third party?
So you don't think RVS questions can yield useful analysis very often, is that right? I don't exactly agree with that, although I don't know what Paucity means. I do agree that the answers I've gotten so far (for any question, period) won't be very useful in finding fake-claims, but in theory the questions should have gotten some helpful answers.

Obviously actual scum-tells, like buddying, distancing, etc would be more scummy. Tells which could be scum tells or noob tells like OMGUS, WIFOM, etc, are about even with third-party tells.

I don't see it as unlikely.

PPE: I was going to throw in an extend vote, but ninja'd by successful extension
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2016, 04:39:49 pm »

TDS: mostly it was a demonstration of the one shot daykill with pointless restrictions I mentioned earlier in my post, but it's still a reasonable answer.

flabort: you seem fairly sure that there's some kind of third party at play here considering the vote on O. and your question to me about roles earlier. Do you know something that we don't about the setup?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2016, 04:48:55 pm »

No corruption yet leads me to believe that it is a night ability.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2016, 06:10:31 pm »

Unvote now that O. Wilde has explained the counting.

BHK: You're probably not mafia.  Squirmy paranoia and wild guessing of motives is not behaviour I'd expect from the mafia in RVS.  Plus, you've treated the list of town roles as if it was the list of all roles (scum included), even though the OP doesn't say that and contains evidence of separate non-town roles.  That, though, does not mean as much until we actually catch a scum.

Interesting that you're so willing to reveal that your power works through quotes.

This suggests that BHK might be a third party if he is obviously not mafia but is still acting oddly.

BHK: Are you a third party?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29