Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48666 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 1 - Ripples in the Mindscape
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2016, 03:55:34 pm »

Something is screwy.
O. Wilde

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2016, 03:59:41 pm »

Honestly I'm curious to see where this goes also no one else was posting,

But O.wilde I would like to know why you said 11
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2016, 04:51:11 pm »

Ninjaquestion: TDS: Do you think BHK is dumb enough to slip insider knowledge day 1?

I don't know, but questioning BHK should clarify that.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2016, 05:12:40 pm »

flabort: I'd say the likelihood is either 100% or 0% depending on whether there's a spy or mason featured in the game. Having a spy seems unlikely given that we seem to have confirmation of two scum in the opening post (the spy could be someone that hasn't mastered the corruption, but then why would they help spread it while still being vulnerable to its effects?). Masons also seem unlikely since having at least two town players that are confirmed to each other in a nine person game seems kind of unbalanced in a game where the scum rely on a nonstandard method of killing. We'll have to wait and see exactly how fast the corruption can spread before we can gauge how powerful the scumteam are though. As for the flavour, the mindscape seems to be some kind of shared subconscious as far as I can see, so pretty much any kind of wincon is justifiable.

Wilde: pretty much anything is worth a response in the RVS as far as I can see. The purpose of most of the questions is to open a dialogue rather than thinking the response will out one of the scumteam (barring a major slipup from someone, of course), hence why most questions that get asked are of the 'you're scum, right?'/'do you think X role\wincon is in the game?'/'what would you do if you had a one-shot daykill and [unlikely scenario/restriction on that daykill]?' variety. Unless you were asking why I responded to Jack, in which case the answer is that it was nice to get to do some reading in an area I hadn't thought much about before. Did your question to OSG intentionally invoke the G-Man, or is that just me?

fillipk: the opening flavour mentions that we're trying to root out people that have gained power by being immune to the corruption. Based on that, I'd say that the scumteam can't be killed by their own powers.

TDS, if you had a one shot daykill, but you could only use it if you PM'ed the mod a video of yourself reciting Bohemian Rhapsody in Arabic while walking in a widdershins circle around a yew tree of at least one hundred years old during a full moon, and only during the first hour of the second extend of any day phase, who would you kill?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2016, 05:20:33 pm »

Ninjaquestion: TDS: Do you think BHK is dumb enough to slip insider knowledge day 1?

I don't know, but questioning BHK should clarify that.
OH, I missed the first number by O.Wilde, so he probably has a post restriction and that means he is probably one of the third parties since none of the town roles come with a post restriction.  I still want to hear it from O.Wilde though.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2016, 05:25:03 pm »

Seems likely, then.
O. Wilde
Are you a third party, or scum?

Obviously I wouldn't lynch a third party as my first priority, if I see something scummier than a potential third party I'd vote them first, but given a large number of third parties are anti-town or scum-neutral, and so very few are town-aligned (at which point they aren't a third party), it wouldn't hurt to lynch a third party over a townie.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2016, 06:14:21 pm »

maybe he only gets 12 posts per day?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2016, 06:16:02 pm »

maybe he only gets 12 posts per day?
Yes but I still want to hear him say it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2016, 06:35:30 pm »

The Vote Tally
BlackHeartKabal: Jack A T, TheDarkStar
Jack A T: origamiscienceguy
O.Wilde: BlackHeartKabal, fillipk, flabort

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2016, 08:44:41 pm »

TDS, if you had a one shot daykill, but you could only use it if you PM'ed the mod a video of yourself reciting Bohemian Rhapsody in Arabic while walking in a widdershins circle around a yew tree of at least one hundred years old during a full moon, and only during the first hour of the second extend of any day phase, who would you kill?

you, for coming up with a really silly set of things to do to perform a vigilante daykill

Because I have to choose after the second extend, I'd probably look at who the current lynchee is. If there's a real case on them and the most recent extender doesn't seem to have a good reason for it, I kill that extender. If there isn't a real case, I take a good look at all the people who are not voting to extend the day. If it's day 1, I wait because there probably isn't enough information. If it's a later day, there is more information and there are fewer targets so I kill the scummiest-looking person.

Why are you asking?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2016, 10:27:06 pm »

But O.wilde I would like to know why you said 11
Counting down to form a trend. It's RVS, I was typing random bullshit to prompt a reaction.

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0

Nothing's happening.
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2016, 10:29:10 pm »

Liftoff! We have liftoff of Apollo 11!
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2016, 10:33:53 pm »

And just to put ya'll's minds at ease: I can in fact post without a number at the bottom of my post.

Something is screwy.
Your sense of proper responses?

Liftoff! We have liftoff of Apollo 11!

OSG, TDS, and DA have been launched into the stratosphere!

Seems likely, then.
O. Wilde
You tell me, 'bort. I mean, you seem pretty sure of yourself.

Obviously I wouldn't lynch a third party as my first priority
Well, obviously. You want to lynch town first, I mean, that is your win condition, right? "Eliminate all townies" or whatever?
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2016, 12:14:26 am »

And just to put ya'll's minds at ease: I can in fact post without a number at the bottom of my post.

Seems likely, then.
O. Wilde
You tell me, 'bort. I mean, you seem pretty sure of yourself.

Obviously I wouldn't lynch a third party as my first priority
Well, obviously. You want to lynch town first, I mean, that is your win condition, right? "Eliminate all townies" or whatever?
*rolls eyes*
Sorry about the lazy response, but your response feels like OMGUS... Just saying, better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

And no, I said right there later in the post you quoted that lynching scum is my first priority. (To which you're supposed to say: "That's just what scum would say!", to which I respond, "looks like you're pouring us a nice big glass of WIFOM here".)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2016, 12:42:12 am »

Oh, right. Because I'm seriously attacking you.

My ability to communicate a wry/joking/snarky tone through text can not be /that/ terrible.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29