Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48671 times)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Signups OPEN! (5/13)
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2016, 09:13:02 pm »

Yeah, I missed it the first time and didn't even notice till it was brought up, the new color is better.

Also what piques my interest is that all the town roles are stated, so how will scum fake claim and not get immediately spotted?
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 10:03:48 pm »

in
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2016, 10:05:09 pm »

Yeah, I missed it the first time and didn't even notice till it was brought up, the new color is better.

Also what piques my interest is that all the town roles are stated, so how will scum fake claim and not get immediately spotted?
They're possible roles, not the actual ones. Some might get used, some might not. Check out Meph's Paranormal or Supernatural games for a similar concept.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 12:42:21 am »

They're possible roles, not the actual ones. Some might get used, some might not. Check out Meph's Paranormal or Supernatural games for a similar concept.
oops, missed the possible part of the list, nevermind then
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Signups OPEN! (8/13)
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 06:44:37 pm »

It's an interesting looking setup. I can juggle two games, potentially. In.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Signups OPEN! (9/13)
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2016, 10:38:33 am »

Not sure we'll get many more people, but I'll leave signups open for a bit longer. I think I will close them tomorrow and start working on Role PMs and whatnot then. Game should start either later that day or Friday morning.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2016, 10:40:41 am »

Er... I'll PTW. Had a bit too much of mafia recently, so I'll just watch the madness unfold for this one.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 03:31:28 pm »

Turns out I'm going to be a bit busy the next few days, so I'll probably close signups tomorrow (just in case) and we can start Monday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

terren

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2016, 07:26:36 pm »

Watching this as well, looks good enough to come out of lurk for a post.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 02:37:02 pm »

This looks rad but I'm busy. I can go on replacement list though.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 05:29:55 pm »

This looks rad but I'm busy. I can go on replacement list though.
I will do likewise.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Signups CLOSED (9/13)
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 06:07:45 pm »

Ok.

I'm going to go ahead and close sign-ups. I'll get role PMs and whatnot written up and sent out over the weekend and we will start the game on Monday.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Signups CLOSED (9/13)
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 12:20:47 am »

Ripples of concern bounce throughout the Mindscape. Strange eddies of disruption underlying your conversations. Corrupting ideas that seem to dim the Mindscape, darkening your minds and even shutting off some from the Mindscape altogether.

And elder among you, voice old and weak even in the Mindscape, provides some insight. Corrupting thoughts can taint the Mindscape, but those who are immune can gain great power. So some of you...two, he thinks...have mastered this ability. You will need to find them and, with group willpower, shut them out of the mindscape. If their corrupting ideas spread too far then all of you will find yourselves shut out of the mindscape yourselves. 

Day one has started! It will go until ~4pm Pacific Thursday.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 1 - Ripples in the Mindscape
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 12:47:56 am »

Hi.  I'm sick and not quite thinking clearly.   Luckily, this is the time for asking random questions, not thinking.

OSG: Explain one aspect of Mafia theory to me, and explain why you chose that aspect.
TheDarkStar: Summarize every player here in exactly two words and an emoji each.
O. Wilde: How can the Mafia benefit from earnestness?  How can the Town be harmed by ernestness?
fillipk: You're scum, aren't you?
flabort: Should I ask myself a question?
Deus Asmoth: What are the main security threats in the Canadian Arctic, and how should Canada prepare for them?
Persus13: How much effort, if any, will you put into post archival in this game?

BlackHeartKabal: Explain, one-by-one, how each of the above questions will help town win.

[Meph edit: Purple is actually a color that could show up, so I've changed it to blue. This is a mod edit and not an ability use]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:03:55 pm by Mephansteras »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 1 - Ripples in the Mindscape
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 12:52:45 am »

EBWOP: That purple was meant to be blue.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:46:38 pm by Mephansteras »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29