Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - This Exhibit is Closed - GAME OVER SCUM VICTORY!  (Read 47315 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Teneb is replacing himself.
Um... what?
I asked for replacement due to a (health-related) scare. Turns out it was not as bad as I thought, so I'm coming back to the game.

I'll read the thread and do a post when done.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - Day 2 - Goblin Christmas
« Reply #316 on: August 23, 2015, 06:20:10 pm »

Saying that you're supporting your case is not the same as supporting your case. For example, I think you're scum because you've been tunnelling NQT for the majority of the game, to the point where you spelled your 'guilty until proven innocent' attitude to him out yourself. Your vote on him today was justified with nothing more than WIFOM, and you've been misreading him so often that I think it's reasonably likely that you're just trying to derail or strawman his arguments. Can you provide a summary of the case you have on NQT?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 23, 2015, 07:00:29 pm »

Can you provide a summary of the case you have on NQT?
NQT has been acting suspiciously all game and tried to sustain his lies far, far beyond any reasonable point. Two different parties seemingly intervened to stop Jack's test, implying that he's allied with somebody. He seems to have an incredible reliance on theories, without making his own situational judgements.

There's also this little issue here. He claims that his claims were reaction fishing. Why would he need to pull that to reaction fish? There was absolutely no reason for him to gambit in order to reaction fish. His entire play just seems like one big refuge in audacity.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 23, 2015, 07:13:24 pm »

There's also this little issue here. He claims that his claims were reaction fishing. Why would he need to pull that to reaction fish? There was absolutely no reason for him to gambit in order to reaction fish. His entire play just seems like one big refuge in audacity.
Basically all reaction fishing is gambiting. But it's usually considered a safe gambit.

So you're claiming NQT was lying, is now trying to appear dumb on purpose to avoid lynching, and you're tunneling on him.

I feel you're acting scummier than NQT right now. Taw.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 23, 2015, 07:23:50 pm »

Basically all reaction fishing is gambiting. But it's usually considered a safe gambit.
Exactly my point. He didn't really do a safe gambit; he made a gigantic lie for the sake of reaction fishing.
...[NQT] is now trying to appear dumb on purpose to avoid lynching...
Can I borrow some straw from your man? I never said this. Ever.
...and you're tunneling on him.
Did I not literally just say that I was going to back off?

Deus Asmoth: Why didn't you vote on Fallacy yesterday, if you're concerned about me tunneling?
flabort: Explain why you think I'm scummier than NQT.
FallacyofUrist: You tunneled on NQT first. How scummy do you think he looks, and how scummy do you think I look?
Tiruin: You put in some sort of pseudovote on NQT. How scummy do you think he looks?
Teneb: You were the first person to vote me during the game. How do you think I look now?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 23, 2015, 09:05:20 pm »

1) Well, I just explained how your tunneling. NQT is spreading out his accusations.
2) When you do throw out a FoS or vote on someone you're not tunneling on, you just throw it out (Like Deus said, lazy voting). NQT is supporting ALL of his cases, far as I can see.
3) Rather than properly refute points, you're just being arguementative with short replies. Most of NQT's responses have been longer and well reasoned.
4) Analysis of votes and FoSs indicates that you only ever had two suspects; one is dead, and the other is NQT. This goes back to the whole tunneling issue. NQT's votes and FoSs indicated first that he suspected myself, then 4mask, Jack, Deus Asmoth, myself again, and then TheDarkStar.  Not having any suspects is indicative that you may actually know who is town and who is scum; which colors your perception of each player.
The Cyan Menace

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 23, 2015, 09:29:43 pm »

Jack, I guess you've got a bit of a point. Perhaps the stronger aspect of the theory I should emphasise is that the scummiest response is not to engage at all with the player making wild claims or acting oddly (like Lenglon, for instance, in the BYOR) and some players (like Tiruin in this game) have been acting in a similar way.

Tawa
Exactly my point. He didn't really do a safe gambit; he made a gigantic lie for the sake of reaction fishing.
That's not exactly true though, is it? I didn't lie purely for reaction fishing, but, as I made clear, to ensure I lived through N1. Given that additional motivation, my fake power claims should make more sense to you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 23, 2015, 09:29:59 pm »

FallacyofUrist: You tunneled on NQT first. How scummy do you think he looks, and how scummy do you think I look?
Though the possibility of some sort of jester or survivor is within reason, NQT still looks rather scummy(for reasons I've already given many times before). As for your own scumminess... beyond the lack of large posts, not much says that you're scum. And as you've said, you like to be concise(I'm paraphrasing).
~~~

Tiruin: Here's two scenarios for you. Scenario one: Assume NQT was a mafioso. Which two people would most likely be his scum buddies? Scenario two: suppose some strange serial killer let lose a nuclear ability that only left you, NQT, and Tawarochir alive for the next day. What would your immediate course of action be? And here's a bonus scenario 3: Why do you think my gut says that you're scummy(what unconscious signal doth thou broadcast)?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 23, 2015, 09:41:45 pm »

1) Well, I just explained how your tunneling. NQT is spreading out his accusations.
2) When you do throw out a FoS or vote on someone you're not tunneling on, you just throw it out (Like Deus said, lazy voting). NQT is supporting ALL of his cases, far as I can see.
3) Rather than properly refute points, you're just being [links removed] argumentative with short replies. Most of NQT's responses have been longer and well reasoned.
4) Analysis of votes and FoSs indicates that you only ever had two suspects; one is dead, and the other is NQT. This goes back to the whole tunneling issue. NQT's votes and FoSs indicated first that he suspected myself, then 4mask, Jack, Deus Asmoth, myself again, and then TheDarkStar.  Not having any suspects is indicative that you may actually know who is town and who is scum; which colors your perception of each player.
-Yeah, I see your point there.
-I'm pursuing my best suspect. He's had a lot of suspicion thrown on him, and I wanted to explore that to its fullest. Hence the reason I backed off for a while, while I read the thread and look at other angles of the case and see if anybody else strikes me as odd.
-Sorry if I come across as a bit argumentative. I try to be concise, and I suppose I might get overly sarcastic and such at times. For the record, I never had any intention of coming across very impolitely here, though. The connotations of that term are seemingly a bit weaker to me than others. He put up one hell of a fight that day.
-I've had my eye on Jack for a while, as well, but I've been keeping that internalized, perhaps unintentionally. Thank you for the advice, though. My play style up to this point has kind of accidentally encouraged tunneling, it would seem; I have a bit of a habit of trying to wring people dry instead of pursuing a multitude of suspects. Well, past the RVS, anyway.
That's not exactly true though, is it? I didn't lie purely for reaction fishing, but, as I made clear, to ensure I lived through N1. Given that additional motivation, my fake power claims should make more sense to you.
Why were you so afraid of dying N1?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 23, 2015, 10:12:56 pm »

Why were you so afraid of dying N1?
I thought I explained that already. The last game I played, I died as town on N1. I need a day's worth of information and a role-flip to be able to do any analysis worth a damn. I flatter myself that I'm a high-quality target for a night kill.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 23, 2015, 10:15:36 pm »

Hm. Alright.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 23, 2015, 10:23:08 pm »

For the record, I never had any intention of coming across very impolitely here, though. The connotations of that term are seemingly a bit weaker to me than others. He put up one hell of a fight that day.
Admittedly my weakest piece of evidence, though it would seem for good reason.

-I'm pursuing my best suspect. He's had a lot of suspicion thrown on him, and I wanted to explore that to its fullest. Hence the reason I backed off for a while, while I read the thread and look at other angles of the case and see if anybody else strikes me as odd.
-I've had my eye on Jack for a while, as well, but I've been keeping that internalized, perhaps unintentionally. Thank you for the advice, though. My play style up to this point has kind of accidentally encouraged tunneling, it would seem; I have a bit of a habit of trying to wring people dry instead of pursuing a multitude of suspects. Well, past the RVS, anyway.
I used to play this way too; sometimes still do, as far as internalizing suspects. I got lynched (iirc) over that sort of playstyle, though, so it's kind of been beaten into my head that I need to spread out and so does everyone else.

As far as Jack goes, there's only a 1/5 chance he's scum; according to my cop ability, anyways. It's why I've stated I trust him. What other targets catch your eye?

I don't mind you pursuing NQT if he's your best suspect, as long as you use a little evidence to back up your answers and find a couple more suspects.
The Cyan Menace

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 23, 2015, 10:31:18 pm »

I don't mind you pursuing NQT if he's your best suspect, as long as you use a little evidence to back up your answers...
I'll admit I've been going out on a limb, but I feel that there's enough statements from him of unclassifiable veracity for me to continue placing him under heavy suspicion.
As far as Jack goes, there's only a 1/5 chance he's scum; according to my cop ability, anyways. It's why I've stated I trust him. What other targets catch your eye?
Well, Fallacy and Deus both seem a little fishy, and I haven't been able to get a read on Tiruin, TDS, and Teneb at all. That said, I don't think that Teneb or Tiruin seem very scummy yet, since both have been facing meatspace troubles rather than organized, intentional lurking.

Also, you have a cop ability? Can you elaborate on this?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - Day 1 - Day at the Museum
« Reply #328 on: August 23, 2015, 10:55:02 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
At least these two claims were true, and are related.
I can investigate someone at night, and there is a 3+n/4+n chance that I get the correct result, where n is the number of (unobscured, I assume) roleflips there have been.

I investigated Jack, and got the town result. There had already been a flip (day 1 lynch), and the night kill occurred after (order of actions).
The Cyan Menace

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 24, 2015, 01:25:21 am »

Ugh, I feel like this game is flying past me.

Fallacy: I do have some speculation to offer, mostly surrounding the things done to me.  I'll save that for after Tawarochir answers my questions, though.  If I don't answer after that, please remind me.
Fallacy: Alright, my speculation: As of the time I made the quoted post, I believed the redirector was not from the scumteam, and the blocker was.  Scum had a lot to gain from blocking me, at least based on the D1 statements that I'd be ultrascummy if my action gave no results (and, well, the fact that results were otherwise coming).  The mafia had a lot less to gain from redirecting or randomizing me, whether NQT was scum or not, and nobody else had nearly as much to gain from blocking me.  That is to say, I believed the target of my randomize was coincidental.  Don't have much on the kill itself (I prefer not speculating too much about NK targets).

NQT's claim is completely consistent with my prior beliefs, and I am inclined to believe him.

Jack, I guess you've got a bit of a point. Perhaps the stronger aspect of the theory I should emphasise is that the scummiest response is not to engage at all with the player making wild claims or acting oddly (like Lenglon, for instance, in the BYOR) and some players (like Tiruin in this game) have been acting in a similar way.
NQT: Stronger, yes.  Strong, no.  Still based on the quite varied behaviour of only 5 players (mostly even only 4 players) in only a few pages of only 1 game, and still dependent on no major changes between that game and this one.  Certainly stronger than the part about town behaviour, but that isn't exactly a high bar to pass.  How much do you feel you can depend on even this stronger segment of your theory?  How reliable do you think it is?

PPe: Jack, who would you say those experienced players are?
flabort: I'd say people like Tiruin, Teneb, NQT, possibly even you...

Anyway, why investigate me, and how willing are you to depend on a 4 in 5 chance of accuracy?  (You having a poor version of a standard power makes sense, by the way.  Sort of like my currently unrevealed power.)

So are you referring to that inspect which did nothing and therefore didn't accomplish much other than as a reaction test for NQT when you ask people about your test or are you talking about how everyone else responded to it?
Deus: I can understand you looking at only the start stuff.  My language is a bit unclear.  Your shallow, surface-level view of it as only a reaction test for NQT is ridiculous, though.  Absolutely ridiculous.  Reaction test, yes.  For just NQT?  How do you even hit that conclusion even with only taking public statements into account?

Tawarochir: Spoiler.  Sorry about the length.
Spoiler: Tawarochir! (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31