Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - This Exhibit is Closed - GAME OVER SCUM VICTORY!  (Read 47335 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - Day 2 - Goblin Christmas
« Reply #285 on: August 22, 2015, 06:10:39 pm »

Pfp

FALLACY-- I had an incentive to redirect Jack given I suspected him of having a night kill. Would it mean I was scum if I did it?

FLABORT-- You didn't think of checking prior vote counts? I find your lack of curiosity disturbing.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 22, 2015, 06:22:44 pm »

FALLACY-- I had an incentive to redirect Jack given I suspected him of having a night kill. Would it mean I was scum if I did it?

Hm. Not necessarily, if you did the redirect assuming a kill(may be validated because of Persus' death) then it's self preservation. Self preservation isn't necessarily scummy.
Hm hm hm.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 22, 2015, 07:09:34 pm »

FLABORT-- You didn't think of checking prior vote counts? I find your lack of curiosity disturbing.
You mean to find out when it happened? Hmm, I didn't think of that. And once I do, I can see roughly who was active around that time period and figure out who might have done that. That's a clever idea, but I'm afraid it won't narrow down the list of people who might have done that.

Or are you implying that you never had a vote? That your power somehow negates your vote in return for a much better ability. Now that this possibility has come up, I will have to check the votecounts, won't I?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 22, 2015, 07:27:02 pm »

Hmmmmhm.
It seems even in the post that opened day 1 NQT was without a vote.
Opening day 2, though, he has a vote.

NQT Can you explain this phenomenon?
The Cyan Menace

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 22, 2015, 09:06:04 pm »

Contacting the replacements...
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 22, 2015, 09:10:07 pm »

Tawa, I'm not sure I get you reasoning. Do you think the scum team redirected Jack onto Persus to frame him? How does that indite me?
Please read my counterpoints to Jack. Whoever he was targeting redirected him to Perseus. The chances that this was a coincidence or a result of a random redirect are around 11%. This leads me to believe you either had a hand in the redirect or are scumbuddies with the redirector.
My D1 claims were just to rustle people up and give me something to work with.
Really? Then why'd you make up this crap, if you just wanted reactions? And why'd you claim that Claim #1 was a warning? Your behavior hasn't been consistent.

Also, something strange I noticed while reading Jack's post:
I was blocked separately from the shift to Persus.
You claim you redirected Jack, because you were afraid of a nightkill. Then who blocked you? Assuming Jack's telling the truth, you're in cahoots with somebody.

Also, all: I know I seem kind of one-track right now; I'm just pursuing one of my two leads to its fullest right now. It's how I play.
Everybody: which of you, if any, would be comfortable revealing your pictures if asked? I'm not asking anybody to reveal their pictures right now, mind. I'm just looking for reactions.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I'm still alive! D:

Just that a storm happened. Then the power was out. Then the everything was out o_o That coincided with our regular weekly 'scheduled power outage in certain area of city' timeframe :D

So...Still here!

Contacting the replacements...
Which means no, I'm alive. :I

For posterity--I have merely caught up till D1 (and even that requires a re-read); I have not acted on N1 (if anyone bothered to check my profile, can know that :P [unless the usual 'ur scum teammates acted 4 u :v' comes up--which is reasonable as well to infer]). And I am not in anyway supporting the 4mask lynch vote -.-
It seems too hasty, pertaining to the consideration time and conclusion quality...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, so I caught up with my (8) messages in my inbox. 1 of which is the customary ZU poke-in-my-ribs :O

Seems like someone TRIED TO KEEL MY FACE. Also I can't vote because of that. o_o [Basically I am protected from any-kill-at-all, and then I lose my vote the following day. This also encompasses day kills or stuffs under the term of 'KILL {TIRUIN}']

I haven't the time right now to go back to check if this was discussed or mentioned at all [ie I haven't seen the lynch post and everything after that!] because unstable net! :D
Also storm-effects ._.

So take care everyone.

NQT, apologies for my brevity but please help me understand: In my personal notation--I've noticed a hasty judgement used during D1; both in interaction with 4mask and interactions with others [in which I have a preceeding bias poking at 'NQT is silly when trying to get activity from people >_>']. My inquiry is this:
Could you elucidate me on your ideas during D1?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 23, 2015, 01:59:56 am »

Everybody: which of you, if any, would be comfortable revealing your pictures if asked? I'm not asking anybody to reveal their pictures right now, mind. I'm just looking for reactions.
Yes, but then I'd be suspicious of you because there are abilities--in the history of BYO{x}--which dictate their power is connected with 'knowing the person's picture/role name or ability name'. And such.

(Also I am Nausicaä} would be my answer to that. But then that'd be totally silly. :v

...And as a subnote--thanks Flabort. I would've forgotten that Tawarochir actually played because of his play in the link you provided. :-[ [D1-ish. That note about...that one Mafia game?]

Boatcount please.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

... boatcount? Something makes me think that was deliberate.

I think I'd be fine revealing my picture. Though it might creep a few of you out.

Hm hm hm. NQT, the fact remains that the tangled mass you created in D1 remains suspicious. Plus the claims... then the night inspection/kill failure... suspicion, yes-no? I hope that when you get a large post out it will answer all this crazyness instead of making yourself worse off. Unless of course you actually want to be suspicious, triggering a lynch... unless you want us to think that... dang alignment WIFOM.
~~~
But, even if NQT is the scum, he would have at least one(and likely two, per the flavor) scum buddy. Hm hm hm hm.
Now might be the time to mention a small observation I've made about mafia: If nobody suspects someone, barring role based public proof, that person is more likely scum. If everybody suspects someone, that person is more likely town. You can see a demonstration of this rule in the latest BM(I was suspected by everyone, and I was town, Urist McCoder and Docter McTalik were suspected by nobody(well, I went after Urist McCoder), and they were scum. Gragh. Per this rule, NQT has a major town-tell in his favor. Of course, if he meant to cause all that confusion to make people suspect him, the rule might very well be invalid...

Hm hm. Tawarochir, I'd say you are the least targeted of all of us. Do you have anything to note in your favor?

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I'm not the least targeted, as Teneb voted me yesterday, while it appears that he has never been voted on.

...That's also an incredibly silly observation to make. You drew that conclusion on one game.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I'd be fine revealing my picture. Though it might creep a few of you out.
Aye, I went with creepy as well.
I wouldn't want to reveal my picture just when asked, but I'm fine with it being revealed via powers or shenanigans, and even asked Jack to use his power to reveal it, but what that says about me I have no idea.
The Cyan Menace

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, I'm not the least targeted, as Teneb voted me yesterday, while it appears that he has never been voted on.

...That's also an incredibly silly observation to make. You drew that conclusion on one game.
Scratch this. He got random voted back on day 1.

That said, not drawing any attention is generally considered to be a mark of playing well, not scumminess. I don't have anything regarding my own in-game behavior counteracting your argument, but claiming that not being voted on is a scumtell is just absurd.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 23, 2015, 01:12:35 pm »

CLAIM 7

Only claims 2 & 5 were true. I made the rest up to provoke discussion, gain reads, and avoid being nightkilled N1. I work best from D2 onwards, after all. In my next post, I'll explore some of my findings. As there's no point making things up any further:

CLAIM 8

I caused Jack to be randomised onto Persus. Whether that was through an active ability, or an auto, or some other means I'm not prepared to claim at this point.

Oh! And while I have it in mind:

CLAIM 9

I didn't have a vote on D1 due to an aspect of my role. I'll be fine from here on in.

Tawa
Please read my counterpoints to Jack. Whoever he was targeting redirected him to Perseus. The chances that this was a coincidence or a result of a random redirect are around 11%. This leads me to believe you either had a hand in the redirect or are scumbuddies with the redirector.
I caused Jack to be randomised, and he claims to have hit Persus.

Really? Then why'd you make up this crap, if you just wanted reactions? And why'd you claim that Claim #1 was a warning? Your behavior hasn't been consistent.
I have been inconsistent because I was juggling lies (for noble reasons!). Basically I was creating a bit of breathing room for myself, rustling people for reactions AND having way more fun than normal.

Then who blocked you? Assuming Jack's telling the truth, you're in cahoots with somebody.
Who blocked Jack, you mean? The scum team presumably. Why would a scum team block AND redirect the same person?

I'm comfortable revealing my picture. Is there any rule against doing it voluntarily? If not, I'm happy to do so.

Flabort
NQT Can you explain this phenomenon?
Yeah, you figured right that I had no vote on D1 at all as a balancing aspect to my role. I didn't mention it because it was so obvious to anyone paying attention and I wanted to see if anyone was paying attention. Unfortunately no one was.

Tiruin
Seems like someone TRIED TO KEEL MY FACE. Also I can't vote because of that. o_o [Basically I am protected from any-kill-at-all, and then I lose my vote the following day. This also encompasses day kills or stuffs under the term of 'KILL {TIRUIN}']
Curious. I can't see a scum motivation for killing you particularly. I'm guess if you're telling the truth then a vig hit you or scum were reflected/randomised on to you.

NQT, apologies for my brevity but please help me understand: In my personal notation--I've noticed a hasty judgement used during D1; both in interaction with 4mask and interactions with others [in which I have a preceeding bias poking at 'NQT is silly when trying to get activity from people >_>']. My inquiry is this:
Could you elucidate me on your ideas during D1?
Sure. Read the top parts of this post and my responses to Tawa. Is there anything else that remains unclear to you?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Here's the whole list of the scum team from the abandoned BYOR in which I pretended to be a jester on D1:

Lenglon: Scum 1
Origami Science Guy: Scum 1
Dorsi: Scum 1
Jack A T - Scum 2
TDS - Scum 2
blackmagechill/Comrade Shamrock - Scum 2

In our current game I also acted in a jester-like way on D1. I'm going to show how scum reacted to this as opposed to town:

Dorsi, an inexperienced player, jumped straight on the easy vote.
TDS magnaminously decided to withold judgement and then throws in a vote.
Jack wasn't taking the bait and thought it just made me look townier.
Lenglon rolled her eyes and kept tunneling who she was tunneling.
BMC - Didn't post at all
OSG - Ignored me entirely

Only scum were voting for me at the end of the day.

Town players (like Deus, Teneb, Persus) were skeptical and asked pressing questions but found better targets by the end of the day.

So scummy reactions: not questioning the claims, taking it as an easy vote, ignoring it entirely.
And town reactions: being skeptical but not taking bold/unusual play as an easy vote.

So what's the initial reaction of BYOP players when I make my weird claims? Ranked in order of suspiciousness, the living players are:

Tiruin: Actively ignores claims until later in the game
TDS: Asks everyone else about claims but doesn't engage with them or me directly. Still voting me at the end of the day
Teneb: Joking dismissal of the ploy.
Jack: Engages with the claims with his own claims
Flabort: Skeptical, accusation of fishing
Deus: Showed an attempt to work out the truth/falsity of the claims
Tawa: Very skeptical of claims
Fallacy: Questions claims intensely

With the above results and my earlier vote count theory combined, I'm pegging the scum team as Tiruin-TDS-Teneb. Teneb's dropping out, Tiruin has now posted. This leaved TheDarkStar (who has yet to post today) as my #1 suspect.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31