Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - This Exhibit is Closed - GAME OVER SCUM VICTORY!  (Read 47270 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture 3 - Day 2 - Goblin Christmas
« Reply #345 on: August 24, 2015, 07:38:05 pm »

Really professional of you.
Encouraging a player who I think is probably town to focus their attentions on players I think are scum is professional play, I'm glad you recognise this.

NQT: What do you think of Deus?
I'm not a fan of their play today. Checking just now, all of their posts are about me and I'm not even their target! I find this lack of focus on actually trying to catch scum very suspicious.

Deus, who are the scum team? Can you give me a partial answer?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 24, 2015, 07:41:31 pm »

Also, Fallacy:
"Really, scum don't play this way". That be how you defend yourself? The best way for a mafioso to play the game successfully is to act town. Scum aren't supposed to act like you're acting. But for scum to win, they have to act like that. What say you?
There is literally no right answer to the question 'why are you not scum?' other than what I've said to you.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 24, 2015, 07:43:46 pm »

... um... what?
Perhaps I need to rephrase. Why should we not vote you? Or, what factors should contribute towards us perceiving you as town and not voting for you as such?... I think why are you not scum may be a bit more concise, if technically absurd.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 24, 2015, 07:46:35 pm »

I'm not a fan of their play today. Checking just now, all of their posts are about me and I'm not even their target! I find this lack of focus on actually trying to catch scum very suspicious.
Wait, what? Gosh darn it Deus I thought you were better than that.
Unvote Tawarochir, Vote Deus Asmoth
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 24, 2015, 07:51:31 pm »

... um... what?
Perhaps I need to rephrase. Why should we not vote you? Or, what factors should contribute towards us perceiving you as town and not voting for you as such?... I think why are you not scum may be a bit more concise, if technically absurd.
You should vote the most suspicious players and players are more suspicious when they're not doing anything. Regardless of how effective you think I am, there are much much more suspicious targets to vote. That's all there is to it.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 24, 2015, 07:58:56 pm »

inactivity=suspicion? Well, within reason. A player named Random Bloke starts screaming "I'm scum, lynch me now!" Well naturally he's going to be a bit more suspicious than Random Dude, who isn't doing anything of the sort, just not being very active.

Barring extreme examples, you're correct, though. Which is why I'm waiting on Tiruin to answer my attacks.
~~~
Wait, what? Gosh darn it Deus I thought you were better than that.
Unvote Tawarochir, Vote Deus Asmoth
??? what? What is going on with you two? In the quoted post? You've confused me.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 24, 2015, 08:07:08 pm »

What's not to understand? I pointed out that every single one of Deus' posts today are about me and I'm not their target, so they're not actually scum hunting. This is a reasonable reason for Flabort to vote them.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 24, 2015, 08:11:37 pm »

If he's hunting scum, he's scum hunting. Regardless of whether he targets one person or many.
Though I have to say that only targeting one person... is an inefficient strategy. For experienced players, anyway.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 24, 2015, 08:13:06 pm »

You're not understanding at all Fallacy. They're not targeting me. They're not targeting anyone. They're just talking about me. Read Deus's posts today and reach your own conclusions!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 24, 2015, 08:14:41 pm »

Give me a minute.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 24, 2015, 08:15:16 pm »

Anyway, if you're a survivor, as I suspect, you're worth keeping alive. For the moment. Your trap method seems to be beginning to yield results. Let's see what happens.
~~~
I'm going to go ahead and explain my reasoning anyway, for the benefit of anyone reading.

1. Self preservation. You are very concerned with keeping yourself alive, and your fake-claims in day one made you an undesirable lynch target for scum(or town who want to remain alive) and made you unwanted to target during the night(or so you tried to do).
2. It still looks like you're trying to divert suspicion away from yourself.
3. Though 2 could be a scumtell, it's pretty much crushed by the way you laid your traps and started hunting using them. It's not my preferred method, but it very well could bring results.
At the risk of sounding like I'm piggybacking, I'm going to say that this is an interesting idea, and one I hadn't considered.
I'd been thinking the same thing, actually.

I'm going to tenatively back off again. I still have my eye on you, NQT, but I think I've done all I can for the time being.
TDS: Why the lurking?
Deus: Something you say interests me. You claim you're voting for me "based on reasons already laid out" and not because of the fact I made a crappy argument. My findings suggest you never laid out reasons that have anything to do with anything except for my bad argument. You voted on me back while I was making my incoherent original argument for NQT being scum and trying to justify your vote using a strawman whose sole tactic was to wait for other people to make arguments for him when he lost, which is slightly humorous. You also haven't actually given a reason for voting me beyond "your argument is bad" and instead dodged the question entirely by saying why you thought my argument was bad using another strawman.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 24, 2015, 08:23:29 pm »

~~~
Okay, Deus seems to start off by examining Jack and the test used against NQT.

Okay, later on, asks people about NQT...

Spoiler: A Gem of a Post (click to show/hide)
Then there's this bomb, which he uses against Tawarochir. A mix of scum hunting and self defense.
~~~

So NQT isn't Deus' only focus, although I have to say NQT is a major part of the focus.

Hm. I can't see how it's only talking about NQT, but I can say it's a bit overly focused for an experienced player.

Deus Asmoth, perhaps you should spread your focus a bit?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 24, 2015, 09:46:04 pm »

TDS: Why the lurking?

Time issues. I should have more time this week, though. Hopefully I'll get a good post in tomorrow.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 24, 2015, 10:12:15 pm »

Votecount:
Tiruin - Teneb
Teneb -
TheDarkStar - notquitethere
Deus Asmoth - Flabort
FallacyofUrist -
Jack AT -
Tawarochir - Jack AT, Deus Asmoth
Flabort -
notquitethere - Tawarochir, Tiruin

Not voting: FallacyofUrist

Day ends in about 24 hours!
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 24, 2015, 11:41:35 pm »

Unvote.  Tawa's tunneling, and he's tunneling badly, but it's not scum tunneling, I don't think.  Most significant thing convincing me:
Oh, and the reason I suspected you was... I think that it was based on you and NQT being scumbuddies, pretending to have results on each other and saying that there was a third party involved to drum up controversy.
This confusion about his own suspicion of me, and very contrived reason for suspicion, comes off as real.  That is, I think he really thought this.  It would be quite the reason to fake, and I doubt the average scum would think to craft this sort of reasoning when questioned.

So, what does that leave?  Flabort's probably town: his power claim is too fiddly to seem fake and doesn't fit scum well.  I don't think NQT's scum.  Teneb and TDS have had real life issues that make them really tough to read, and don't have much of note.  TDS's contributions have been minimal when here, though, focused almost entirely on attacking NQT.  Teneb has a relatively good spread of attention and votes, having multiple areas of interest.  Fallacy is more hyperactive tunnely newb town than anything else, I think.

I find it hard to believe that Tiruin is actually lying about not having a vote, what with her should-be-failing attempt to vote being in the exact same post she claims not to be able to vote in.  I know it's silly, but I can't help but think her vote doesn't actually count because I cannot fathom her being as inept as she'd have to be to be lying.  Not willing to bet anyone's life on that, though.  Still, beyond that I know little about her.  Low activity isn't out of character, unfortunately.

And what of Deus?  He's certainly active, but his Tawarochir hunt is mostly him conducting work in that great field of NQT Studies.  He is very focused on Tawa and by extension NQT, with one extended chat with me being the main exception today.

I feel most comfortable with a TheDarkStar lynch.  His inactivity is excusable, but his lack of contributions when active beyond NQT-bashing?  Troubling.

Everyone: That vote spread isn't good.  Votes scattered everywhere, with no cohesive wagons.  A few targets do stand out, though, as getting slightly more attention than others.  What do you think of an NQT lynch?  A TDS lynch?  A Tawarochir lynch?

TDS: Reads, please.  I want to see opinions on non-NQT things, in particular.

Fallacy: Why are you not scum?  How does this question make you feel, and do you feel that your answer is strong?
Also, why aren't you voting?  Why are you throwing FoSes around without throwing votes around?

NQT: I asked you a couple questions.

Teneb: I don't think you ever answered the following:
Teneb: Why so willing to back my test, a test that sounds an awful lot like a nightkill?  Is NQT worthy of killing to you?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31