Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108844 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #2940 on: May 17, 2010, 02:03:48 pm »

God damn fire imps unleashed hell in my fortress, 2 miners killed and 1 mason about to perish.
My militia is almost whipped out too. MERCHANTS PLEASE COME AND SAVE MY ASS !!!

What worse than this can happen now ? What ? :C
A vile force of darkness has arrived!
The Dragon (insert name here) has arrived!

The forgotten beast Shrodofilbus has come! A towering blob composed of slade. It has wings and it has a bloated body. Beware its deadly blood!
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: May 17, 2010, 02:14:29 pm »

God damn fire imps unleashed hell in my fortress, 2 miners killed and 1 mason about to perish.
My militia is almost whipped out too. MERCHANTS PLEASE COME AND SAVE MY ASS !!!

What worse than this can happen now ? What ? :C
A vile force of darkness has arrived!
The Dragon (insert name here) has arrived!

The forgotten beast Shrodofilbus has come! A towering blob composed of slade. It has wings and it has a bloated body. Beware its deadly blood!
The bronze colossus (Name here) has arrived! x5
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: May 17, 2010, 02:15:34 pm »

Mine's deadlier.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: May 17, 2010, 02:20:30 pm »

Mine's deadlier.
Five bronze colossuses are less dangerous than one forgotten beast? Yeah right. Just because yours has wings doesn't mean that it can beat five colossuses in melee.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: May 17, 2010, 02:27:53 pm »

It could. Urist's forgotten beast is made of slade, hard to destroy and heavy. It might be able to punch a bronze colossus out, while the colossus can't kill the slade forgotten beast. Bronze collosi are hard to destroy, but bronze isn't as heavy as slade, therefore less damage from punching and kicking.

On topic: I am currently building a fort within my already impenetrable and self sufficient fort. It is so the civilians have a place to go, in the event of an attack.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 02:29:43 pm by Daywalkah »
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: May 17, 2010, 02:32:27 pm »

Also inorganic material blobs are the one truly unkillable type of creature. Everything else can be dismembered.

Level one of the drydock has been dug. It is 144x96 tiles in size. Level two, being dug currently, is planned to be 142x94, and levels 3-5 shall be similarly tapered. It is autumn of year two, and I still only have the two miners.

Plans are being drawn up for the HFS (Huge Fucking Ship) Boozehound.

Also, my siege-engineer-in-training has created his first masterwork and his first three exceptional.

EDIT: Level 2 is dug. Once I channel out level 3, I will cut down the trees that have grown in the meantime (yes, the area is that big) and mover on to level 4.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:01:25 pm by Urist Imiknorris »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: May 17, 2010, 05:57:14 pm »

On topic: I am currently building a fort within my already impenetrable and self sufficient fort. It is so the civilians have a place to go, in the event of an attack.

But if it's impenetrable...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: May 17, 2010, 05:59:05 pm »

Obviously Daywalkah is the attacker, and his minions are 1/7 magma, 2/7 magma, 3/7 magma, 4/7 magma, 5/7 magma, 6/7 magma, and 7/7 magma.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: May 17, 2010, 06:00:49 pm »

Obviously Daywalkah is the attacker, and his minions are 1/7 magma, 2/7 magma, 3/7 magma, 4/7 magma, 5/7 magma, 6/7 magma, and 7/7 magma.

3/7 water too. And the occasional cave-in.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: May 17, 2010, 06:11:45 pm »

My dwarves are carving lots of pictures of humans taming giant eagles.  What's up with that?

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: May 17, 2010, 06:13:15 pm »

I would suggest not pissing off your local human civ. You don't know what time period that was, but if it was recent then you can reasonably expect invading humans to have giant eagle mounts.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: May 17, 2010, 06:16:57 pm »

I would suggest not pissing off your local human civ. You don't know what time period that was, but if it was recent then you can reasonably expect invading humans to have giant eagle mounts.

Well, at least three different humans have apparently tamed the same set of giant eagles, so I'll err on the side of caution.

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: May 17, 2010, 06:25:29 pm »

I tried to make a nice waterfall in my hostpital that would flow back to the river.

This happened.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Don Blake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: May 17, 2010, 06:28:41 pm »

I tried to make a nice waterfall in my hostpital that would flow back to the river.

This happened.

Dear Fluffy Armok!  Were there patients in there?

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: May 17, 2010, 06:35:57 pm »

This happened.

Dear Fluffy Armok!  Were there patients in there?

The only patient had just left. He was a miner who fell down when digging the waterfall, which is why I made this a hospital in the first place. It was going to be a meeting hall before the accident. Imagine the Fun that would have been.....
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 3842