Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6108859 times)

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #2955 on: May 17, 2010, 07:21:20 pm »

Well I decided, new DF, new Gen atleast (Outrage Anvil needs to cool in some water for now). So I started this epic embark, World gen params are here as well as a few screens you'll easily understand why I pretty much dropped everything for this fort ^^ http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57571.msg1262116#msg1262116

I plan on making a controllable Magma-fall over my bridge entrance which unleashes a small amount of magma that will Fuel the forges. If I can / have enough Bauxite I might try to pump it back to the top.
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: May 17, 2010, 07:43:47 pm »

On topic: I am currently building a fort within my already impenetrable and self sufficient fort. It is so the civilians have a place to go, in the event of an attack.

But if it's impenetrable...

Obviously Daywalkah is the attacker, and his minions are 1/7 magma, 2/7 magma, 3/7 magma, 4/7 magma, 5/7 magma, 6/7 magma, and 7/7 magma.

I misspoke a little. Currently, it is not impenetrable. All of my bridges are down. When they are up, it is impenetrable. See my meaning? I also have a very convenient Anubite Hammerman that slaughtered three ambushes so far. Secondly, this is Dwarf Fortress. I will lose somehow some way no matter what happens. This is halfway through the third year of my fort, and I just dug out my barracks. All fortresses fall, even my fort with my two hunters who were legendary in everything that had many kills. My fortress with my epic Captain of the Guard single handedly defended the fort from and destroyed the entire Orcish civ (Rysith's). The Captain topped at over 400 kills, between all megabeasts to the king of the Orcs (all the other leaders died fighting Mafol leading sieges, so the leader came himself). Besides, if a siege shows up with my immortal dragons.......

*Urist mcstupid pokes his head out the window*

*Urist mcsmart stands behind him.*

"Hey Urist is it still there?"

*Urist mcstupid pulls his head back in, his beutiful beard gone along with all his hair. He enstinguishes a hair on his head...*" yep."

*wall crashes in on them both as a creature to large to physically fit on the world rampages through the area.*

That was from when I introduced them to the community in 40d. I will now flood my fortress with magma.

Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: May 18, 2010, 04:35:39 am »

Obviously Daywalkah is the attacker, and his minions are 1/7 magma, 2/7 magma, 3/7 magma, 4/7 magma, 5/7 magma, 6/7 magma, and 7/7 magma.
Or, as I would like to call them, Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy and Dopey.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: May 18, 2010, 05:15:12 am »

Hi!

After moving to 31.04 and giving up on the first world I genned there (the layout was great, but all the sites I wanted had aquifers (T_T) ) I now have just had my second dwarven caravan. Pleased with the current state of the fortress, I have given my dwarves some time off (also in hope to get some marriages).

Things are looking good, even though an immigrant arrived with a puppy for a pet. Just to add insult to injury, that dwarf doesn't even like dogs!!! Well, I have prepared some coffins for animal burial, so it will not be a big problem, I hope.

It does seem, however, as if there were very few fish on the map, if any ...

Deathworks

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: May 18, 2010, 07:14:49 am »

My new fort lasted all of 5 minutes before everyone was killed by Harpies. That was my first (and probably last) attempt at embarking on a Haunted map.
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: May 18, 2010, 08:10:55 am »

Changed to 31.04 and loving every bit of it. I really missed the zooming and full-screen -by-a-click. Too bad Therapist isn't up yet for this version.

Now a few excerpts from my stocks screen:
Stones
2349 dolomite

Blocks
2905 dolomite

Did I mention I'm working aboveground?

EDIT: Apparently, I hit save instead of preview...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:35:53 am by Kidiri »
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: May 18, 2010, 08:12:33 am »

Therapist is out for 04. There's offsets posted in the thread in the last few pages.

grufti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: May 18, 2010, 01:22:45 pm »

my armorer got a strange mood, well I was happy enough with this, but see what the outcome of the mood has been:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8684252@N05/4619139926/sizes/o/in/set-72157623778003341/ :D

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: May 18, 2010, 01:35:13 pm »

Forgotten beast shell? Fuck yes.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

grufti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: May 18, 2010, 01:57:28 pm »

Forgotten beast shell? Fuck yes.

8)

On the other hand 2 of my legendary axedwarfes are now being in a coma because of needing surgery after a fight against 4 goblins in my arena. There are 5 guys in my militia atm. (mostly due to the f*ed up military equipment system) 4 axeguys and one Speardwarf. I let them periodically fight against caught goblins, because of the happy thought they get because auf battling. But this time they killed 3 of the 4 goblins (whilst one evolved to a master goblin lasher, but was killed shortly afterwards), but then greatly failed against a goblin mace lord (also evolved during the fight). The outcome was 4 goblins killed, but also 4 of 5 dwarves injured. 2 severely. These two will now be in a coma till Toady will release a fixed version.  :-\

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: May 18, 2010, 03:43:42 pm »

So, I've been prepping my fort for a flood depot, when this arrives via a cavern I hit going for magma. Spoilered, and please swallow any fluids before reading.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is gonna be fun. I fear it just replaced tentacle demons.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tenth Speed Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: May 18, 2010, 06:31:58 pm »

While carving out some last-minute rock crafts to ship out with the fall caravan, my stonecrafter created a series of exceptional and masterwork figurines relating to the recent appointment of the attending diplomat.

I do believe my dwarves have turned ass-kissing into a fine art.
Quote from: Pickled Tink
I don't believe in a standing army. I believe in cruel and unusual architecture.

Ethereal.Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: May 18, 2010, 06:56:54 pm »

I'm taking a break from my fort because a 5 MIGRANT WAVE just came. I'm gonna need THERAPIST for dealing with ALL THESE DWARVES.

It's a pretty cool fort though. Just finishing off the reservoir and flooding system and whatnot. So I'll have actual farms. I'll also have the ability to flood my entire fort with a couple levers.
Can't you also damn rivers by causing a wall to drop into the water via cave-in?
I figured you could always damn a river by channeling out it out all the way into Hell.

LegitMacgyver

• Bay Watcher
  • Macgyver cancels make bomb, can't find paper clip
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: May 18, 2010, 09:44:16 pm »

I'll also have the ability to flood my entire fort with a couple levers.

Hopefully they are easily accessible by moody dwarves.  ;D

Tenth Speed Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: May 18, 2010, 10:54:42 pm »

GOOD IDEA:
Canal through "lowtown" in my tropical cliff-side fort.

BAD IDEA: Did not calculate flow rate.

Long story short, the legendary clothier's baby is now at the bottom of said canal. The legendary miner is inching his way out of the canal, and momma's not happy.
Quote from: Pickled Tink
I don't believe in a standing army. I believe in cruel and unusual architecture.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 3842