Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think of my proposed mechanic (see OP)?

Sounds awesome, go do
Needs more explanation before I can say much
Right idea, I'd tweak it though (and I'll either post or PM you to tell you how)
I'm ambivalent
I think that would be detrimental to the game

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Roll to Knighthood - Wait list forming  (Read 12496 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Knighthood - Wait list forming
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2013, 06:02:41 am »

((Don't worry about it, that's just RP. I don't blame you for not being perfect in an RTD.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2013, 06:29:18 am »

(Guess so, speaking of, I still have a lot more info for you, can't say that it'll all be true, but I still have a lot of info.)
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2013, 07:35:07 am »

Samarkand:
Mordred nods "I'll go get this plant, Doctor." Leave in the direction indicated.

Once out of earshot, Mordred turn to his aid "So, heard of this 'bogblade' plant?"
((Have I?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2013, 09:56:51 am »

"Um. I know that bogblade does grow in, in, it grows like the alchemist said, sir. It is hardy, sir, and grows well in light. But I am uncertain as to if it possesses any medicinal properties."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2013, 10:21:23 am »

Renee perks up worriedly at the possibly weirdest innuendo she has ever heard. "Er, look. Whatever you keep in your pants, if it looks even remotely like a glaive you should be mightily concerned. Seek an exorcist or a quack... probably a vet, they tend to be better than people doctors and WHY ARE WE EVEN TALKING ABOUT THIS just give me the glaive. The one on your back. Made of metal."

Polish and sharpen the glaive, wax over the non-sharp parts a bit for extra shininess. Also, try to get a little more presentable myself.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2013, 11:53:02 am »

"Um. I know that bogblade does grow in, in, it grows like the alchemist said, sir. It is hardy, sir, and grows well in light. But I am uncertain as to if it possesses any medicinal properties."
"Ah, good, it exists."

Head for the place
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2013, 11:57:29 am »

((Just looked at the list of available squires. When I come in, can I get Sam Blair as my squire? She (he?) is exactly what I wanted for a peasant... Minus the male/female thing))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2013, 12:17:26 pm »

((Just looked at the list of available squires. When I come in, can I get Sam Blair as my squire? She (he?) is exactly what I wanted for a peasant... Minus the male/female thing))
((Only reason I'm hesitant to do so is that there are only two squires available, and there is always the possibility that a knight will get a second squire, or that the knight ahead of you on the waitlist would choose him/her first. If there were more squires available, I'd be more inclined to let you reserve your favorite.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2013, 12:19:44 pm »

((Only reason I'm hesitant to do so is that there are only two squires available, and there is always the possibility that a knight will get a second squire, or that the knight ahead of you on the waitlist would choose him/her first. If there were more squires available, I'd be more inclined to let you reserve your favorite.))
((Fine by me))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2013, 12:47:07 am »

The Story of Sir Mordred Jerrine, Lord of Mirkshire

The alchemist’s claims having been confirmed, at least to the greatest degree available, Sir Mordred resolved that finding this herb would be the first step in dealing with this strange illness. Heading south, he deftly maneuvered through the swamp. This event was making it abundantly clear that she had been the right choice in squire for him. Without her knowledge of botany he would have been left unsure of the accuracy of the alchemist’s statements. Her ability was clear, as she commented on the plants as they walked past, and evenly warned him of stinging variations every so often, preventing him from having to learn of their presence on his land the tough way.

Their quest took them a fair way from the edge of his village, but they made good time of the trip. Without incident they reached a fair sized clearing, in which a number of tall grasses were growing.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

The Story of Sir Lionel Duncan, Lord of Rosewood

In the mind of Sir Lionel, hunger was not a beast to be trifled with. Setting off from the hunter’s cottage, he promptly found a woman who claimed to be a fairly proficient cook:
“I’m not the butcher type, you hear. I’m a cook. I make the food you eat, not take out the bits you don’t. But I know ‘bout them. If these’re hard times, I can lend a hand. Don’t expect me to do this when times’re better. I’m not the type, ya’hear?”
Despite her mild protest, she did promptly set off in the direction of the hunter’s hut, and her assistance would certainly alleviate some of his burden.

Finding a group of men nearby, Lionel told them about the situation, and about the rationing plan. They seemed understanding and cooperative, and thoroughly impressed by Lionel’s steadfast stance that he not be given special consideration. Lionel thought his plan was working perfectly, though quickly found out that his special consideration for the workers on clearing and construction resulted in a large number of people devoting their time to this task. The farmers and bowyers Matis had been seeking chose to spend their time working to clear the land. These volunteers did work in earnest, however, and remarkable progress was made on the task. The beginning of a palisade was erected, which would surely prove useful, and enough land was being cleared that a few fields could conceivably be planted soon.

Spoiler: Actions and Rolls (click to show/hide)

The Story of Sir Valthas Chackman, Wandering Knight

After another fight with his terrible memory, Sir Valthas formulated the plan of entering the small village with all the grandeur he could muster. This seemed to be the route to the most money, something they could use. Making preparations for entrance, Renee took out her wax and cloth and gave the glaive the best polish she could. Sitting back after a brief period of furious work, she saw a blade which looked like the glistening steel wielded by heroes in all the best of stories. She felt pride in her ability to participate in legend, even to that small degree.

His glaive looking as menacing and beautiful as it could, Sir Valthas strode into the village center with confident steps. His entrance had exactly the effect he had hoped for. Children crowded a small distance off, whispering excitedly, a pair of young boys picking up sticks to fence with each other. The reactions of the mature villagers ranged from fearful glances, to looks of awe, and possibly even worship. For this village, Sir Valthas appeared to be a hero of old. Reaching the well in the center of the small square, Valthas stood proudly, clearly the center of attention.

Spoiler: Actions and Rolls (click to show/hide)

My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2013, 12:58:55 am »

(Oh it's fine, ill just go see something else.)
well, if those people do not want to come then so be it! I shall organise something else around.
go to the knight and tell him that from rumours, that the path that was to be used for trade seems to be blocked by bandits and ask if its possible to take a small group of warriors to there, just to be sure

"sir knight! I just recalled, that a peasant that I have to to see as very trustworthy told me of a small cabal of bandits on the path we are to take and as such, i wonder if for a precautionary measure we should take a group of warriors there, as if there are non, no harm done, if there are, they could have food and treasure in their camp."
Alan help.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2013, 04:59:44 am »

"Hmm? Oh, yes, the pass. I had almost forgotten. I am unsure as to the state of any soldiers we might have; I'd rather not send untrained farmhands to attack a bandit camp. Speaking of, what is the state of our armaments and soldiers? And how did your search for bows or bowyers go?

I would confirm the existence of these bandits by scout, first. Marching blindly up to the pass with an armed retinue is asking to be ambushed. We are the ones who should do the ambushing."

Send two or three people who can walk through a forest without every bird or beast within a kilometer knowing they're there to search the pass for a bandit camp and return with knowledge of the surrounding terrain and number of bandits, as well as how alert and well-armed they are.
Continue organizing the clear-cutting effort.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2013, 05:25:38 am »

"oh, sir, the bowyers were distracted in the shared task of constructing the palisade and as such were a bit busy, as were the farmers but no matter, I shall get right on the state of our arms."
look for anyone who has experience in fighting and group them toghether in preparation, make sure all of them are capable to fight against the bandits.
Alan help.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2013, 08:02:19 am »

Announce Sir Valthas.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2013, 08:09:11 am »

"Um, we seem to be here, sir. I'll, um, see if I can find the bogblade, sir."

Attempt to locate bogblade.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8