Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think of my proposed mechanic (see OP)?

Sounds awesome, go do
Needs more explanation before I can say much
Right idea, I'd tweak it though (and I'll either post or PM you to tell you how)
I'm ambivalent
I think that would be detrimental to the game

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Roll to Knighthood - Wait list forming  (Read 12513 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Knighthood - Wait list forming
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2013, 12:03:47 am »

((Extra specialization? Hell yeah!
What counts as heavy armor and what counts as light?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2013, 12:08:05 am »

Could I join on the waitlist? I'll throw up a character sheet in a few minutes...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hers the sheet
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:11:49 am by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2013, 12:08:49 am »

((If it would have plate in the name, it's heavy. If not, it's light. That's what I'm going with for now. Maybe scale mail would count as heavy as well. That give enough of an idea?))

Could I join on the waitlist? I'll throw up a character sheet in a few minutes...
((Of course))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2013, 12:12:27 am »

((If it would have plate in the name, it's heavy. If not, it's light. That's what I'm going with for now. Maybe scale mail would count as heavy as well. That give enough of an idea?))

((Of course))
Threw it in the previous post. I would use an axe, but that will work instead

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2013, 12:12:47 am »

((Hm.
Then I shall also specialize in swords, because I'm much more likely to get robbed by bandits than challenged by plate wearing knives.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2013, 12:32:35 am »

I'm just assuming that I'm next to the knight.
"so, sire, what is it that you think is most needed to be done at the moment? Really, if it was left up to me, I would suggest that may haps we should ask around first, for we have plenty of time because and don't take this as gospel, it seems the food supplies will last for a while with the group we have here at the moment, what do you say?"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2013, 12:40:25 am »

Hers the sheet
((You get a second specialization for your class, I've recently decided. Need something to give you some advantage.))
My Area

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2013, 12:47:00 am »

Hers the sheet
((You get a second specialization for your class, I've recently decided. Need something to give you some advantage.))
((Can I get an axe specialization? I'm kinda going a Scandinavian knight idea. Else, I'll take sword))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2013, 12:51:14 am »

((Can I get an axe specialization? I'm kinda going a Scandinavian knight idea. Else, I'll take sword))
((Since in the scheme of my damage system an ax isn't so different from a sword, I'll just call it ax specialization and treat it like a sword, so I don't have to come up with a new class of opponent, or really effect anyone else's options.))
My Area

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2013, 12:55:21 am »

((Since in the scheme of my damage system an ax isn't so different from a sword, I'll just call it ax specialization and treat it like a sword, so I don't have to come up with a new class of opponent, or really effect anyone else's options.))
((WHOO HOO! Here comes Seigfreid!))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2013, 01:18:34 am »

Mordred look around the place. A nice little quiet place, perfect. He didn't like cities, mostly because of his name. Why did his parents name him after the traitor, doubly so with mother named Morgana.
His shook his head and turned to his adviser slash squire. "So-" his voice sounded like a dark lord, another reason he avoided cities "-what tidings do you hear, miss?" the question mark was more because of unfamiliar with the lass, unsure of what title she prefer. His fell pony, Tenebra gave him a nuzzle.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2013, 05:17:35 am »

Lionel surveyed his new fief with an apprehensive but optimistic eye. They were far from settled lands, but the land here was rich and, hopefully, generous. He stirred from his thoughts as his trusted advisor speaks up at his side. "That is good news. Would these supplies last long enough for crops to be harvested?" After hearing the answer, Sir Duncan speaks again. "Matis, if you are not already privy to the information, I want you to find out which of my people, if any, have brought axes, livestock or seed. I do believe the first priority is clearing land for fields."

All those with axes are to begin clearing the land in and around the village of trees. The wood is used to construct a palisade, encircling the village and my manor, with ample space for growth. The cleared land is divided into enough pastures for any livestock, and fields large enough to feed a large family and then some. Families with seed are given permission to farm one field each.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2013, 06:16:06 am »

as his knight asks of him any related information, he silently counts of what he knows that could be related to the matter at hand
"well sir, that's where it gets complicated, even though we might have enough food for a while and, once again, this is only from other sources,the hunter we have says even with this verdant and lush area, he doubts he could give food to the whole population from just his efforts, so I suggest I shall ask around for any axes and the like, while you go speak to the hunter and make sure that in the case of emergency, we would still be getting food from the land around us, up to your disicion however, sire.   
if the knight doesn't need to know anything else for the time being, go out and take stock of materials, then return to tell the knight of out tools.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2013, 08:37:31 am »

“Very well. Where is this hunter? I shall speak with him. Oh, Matis, see if we have any bows or bowyers, as well.”

Go talk to the hunter personally. See if he would benefit from a few peasants' help, or if it would just slow him down. Get an idea of the food situation from him, as well.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2013, 09:01:25 am »

His fell pony, Tenebra gave him a nuzzle.
((I'll add a fell pony to your assets, but I'm taking out some of your starting wealth))

All those with axes are to begin clearing the land in and around the village of trees. The wood is used to construct a palisade, encircling the village and my manor, with ample space for growth. The cleared land is divided into enough pastures for any livestock, and fields large enough to feed a large family and then some. Families with seed are given permission to farm one field each.

Go talk to the hunter personally. See if he would benefit from a few peasants' help, or if it would just slow him down. Get an idea of the food situation from him, as well.
((Make sure you let me know which action you want rolled this turn, preferably by only having one bolded.))
My Area

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8