Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think of my proposed mechanic (see OP)?

Sounds awesome, go do
Needs more explanation before I can say much
Right idea, I'd tweak it though (and I'll either post or PM you to tell you how)
I'm ambivalent
I think that would be detrimental to the game

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Roll to Knighthood - Wait list forming  (Read 12489 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Knighthood - Wait list forming
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2013, 08:15:30 pm »

Edit: forget about this post.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:19:08 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 10, 2013, 09:18:32 pm »

Well, I have an inordinate amount of time and can't seem to do anything that would help humanity at large so here I go!

The story of Mordred And Angelica:
the story so far:
As sir Mordred looked over his newly bestowed land, mirkshire, he looked over the rather swampy and recently settled land, his squire, Angelica, stood by his side in the second floor of the castle, also looking over the land, while the people living there doubted his ability to fix anything at the land, he and his squire had already found out about the two major problems that were presently plaguing the land were the mysterious illness floating around and the beast harassing the land around.

The first one to speak up was sir Mordred, the knight himself, with a voice like a dark lord, he avoided cities, not even mentioning his name and his mothers, morgana, so he often liked less crowded places like this, his words were a question as to what Angelica might know of the land, as well as confusion as to what to refer her as a pony nuzzled his hand, presumably for a scratch.
When Angelica replied, a gush of information came out, mostly about roumers the beast was also a man,as well as the vile creature it was seen as, and a alchemist who knew of a combination of ingredients that could help the afflicted of the disease.

Mordred replied with the thought of first visiting the alchemist to solve the disease that was all around, and they soon set off with the squire leading the knight to the alchemist.

As the squire gleefully picked out multiple plants used for treating small illnesses, the alchemist, a unshaven and happy fellow who asked of both the knight and the squire to retrieve a plant called a bog blade, while it needs lots of sunlight to survive, it was normally quite hardy, so he asked of them to go south to retrieve a small patch that he could use to save the people afflicted With the disease, he soon had to excuse himself as a woman who expressed lightheaded ness and then coughed up blood appeared in the back door.

Mordred soon accepted the quest and as soon as they were out of earshot, he asked his squire if she knew any more of the so called bog blade plant, the squire replied that while most of what he said was true, he could not confirm if it had any medicinal properties, but as it was desperate they at least tried to get to the area, they got there without fault with the squire easily and deftly manoeuvring past the dangrous and the deadly, they easily found the bogblade and the small patch in which it was growing.
Mordreds squire again proved deft in finding the correct plant, sifting through the grass until he found a patch he seemed quite pleased with, the difference lost on sir Mordred in any case.

They both agreed to return as soon as possible and on their return the alchemist soon took the bundle of herbs and dashed off in order to prepare a soupy mixture, with Angelica excitedly looking on, identifying the herbs and plants thrown in, when it was administered, the effects were small but certainly noticeable, and the knight and squire where satisfied by their small trip to find the bogblade.

to be continued.
(Basically me reserving for future writing.
Edit: phew, that took it out of me, a lot of stuff to write there, if anyone else wants to write the other story, feel free, I'm just practicing my writing skills, even though I have no use for them.)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:03:57 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2013, 09:49:39 pm »

Edit: forget about this post.
Let me guess: You hit "quote" instead of "edit"?

Not a terrible account. One thing: Angelica did not doubt the medicinal properties of bogblade, she merely did not confirm them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 10, 2013, 10:02:54 pm »

True, ill fix that right away, and yes, your assumptions were correct.
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]