Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think of my proposed mechanic (see OP)?

Sounds awesome, go do
Needs more explanation before I can say much
Right idea, I'd tweak it though (and I'll either post or PM you to tell you how)
I'm ambivalent
I think that would be detrimental to the game

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Roll to Knighthood - Wait list forming  (Read 12487 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Knighthood - Wait list forming
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2013, 09:20:33 am »

I believe you have a werewolf problem?

Be announced, retrieve quest.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2013, 10:13:23 am »

"Um, we seem to be here, sir. I'll, um, see if I can find the bogblade, sir."

Attempt to locate bogblade.
Mordred nodded, letting her do the work. Not that he could help in the first place.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2013, 09:47:52 am »

The Story of Sir Mordred Jerrine, Lord of Mirkshire

Despite the density of the grasses, and the fact that they all looked precisely the same to Sir Mordred, Angelica began sifting through them until she came to several clumps that she seemed pleased with. At these she began snipping off the dark green blades, managing to accumulate a large pile of the stuff. As she finished her task, Mordred got a closer look at the herb which promised to save his people. It still looked like normal tall grass to him, though he could tell that it was a darker green than most of the other plants. Satisfied that the large bundles they had would be enough, the knight and his squire set off back towards the village, their return trip as easy and uneventful as the way out.

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

The Story of Sir Lionel Duncan, Lord of Rosewood

Sir Lionel decided that the lack of organization amongst those working on finding arable land and building a palisade was too great a hindrance to the task at hand. Stopping everybody’s work and bringing them together, he clearly laid out for all of them what the plan was for the area, and chose a nearby peasant to serve as leader for the task. As people went back to work, he firmly told the new leader of this construction effort, Botolf, that he would be held responsible for any further delays, but also that he could report to Matis any of those who failed to do their jobs. One man being directly responsible for the task seemed to be all it took, his oversight kept any more confusion or disorder from developing and kept the project moving along quite nicely.

Feeling quite accomplished at his ability to organize those living on his land, and deciding that enough steps had been taken towards the effort for food at the moment, Sir Lionel decided to deal with the rumors of bandits, and an all-important mountain pass. He thought the best place to start would be to send out scouts, but when he asked around for people available who would be confident scouting through the forest, only the man who had initially told him of the mountain pass stepped forward. Sir Lionel was unsure of whether sending a single man on a scouting mission was a good idea.

Trying to be productive after his latest setback trying find farmers and bowyers, Matis attempted to organize the group that would attack the bandits when the time came. However, he was only able to find a group of women who were not already at work, and his talk of bandits simply frightened them off.

Spoiler: Actions and Rolls (click to show/hide)

The Story of Sir Valthas Chackman, Wandering Knight

Renee gave a rousing speech about Sir Valthas’ valor and ability in combat, and every face was filled with awe and admiration. The villagers were fawning over this seeming epitome of knighthood. Taking this opportunity to try and get some direction in terms of finding the werewolf, Sir Valthas said, “I have come to slay the beast that is troubling your village.” It had seemed like a glorious things to say, like something out of an old story. However, the only affect it had was to turn the people’s faces from admiring to fearful. People averted eyes and quickly dashed into houses. Before long the entire crowd had dissolved, and Valthas was left alone, realizing this would not be that simple.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 12:01:31 pm by Samarkand »
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2013, 10:31:37 am »

"One man? Surely there are more woodsmen among my people than that. What is your name, woodsman? Do you know of any others in Rosewood who would be capable of doing this task? And tell me of how you learned of these bandits."

Ask informant for name and knowledge. Retroactively learn the name of the peasant organizing the clear-cutting effort.
If the woodsman can gather up a few other scouts, send them off to scout the bandit camp. Otherwise, get him to 'train' a few scouts.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2013, 11:02:07 am »

"Shall we return to the v-village, sir?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2013, 12:02:13 pm »

Ask informant for name and knowledge. Retroactively learn the name of the peasant organizing the clear-cutting effort.
If the woodsman can gather up a few other scouts, send them off to scout the bandit camp. Otherwise, get him to 'train' a few scouts.
((Retroactively something that your character noted :) ))
My Area

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2013, 05:34:16 pm »

"damn, not many people here I could find, two setbacks in one day! Who would have guessed but, i must soldier on! Luck will not defeat me." [/colour]
first off, go to the hunter and ask him if he has found any easily domesticatable animals or, ask if he had found any especially dangerous ones, if there are, ask him if he may try to bring them back alive, if he requires anything, see it to be done.
(Speaking of, what percent are we at of the building of the palisade?)
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2013, 05:45:22 pm »

"damn, not many people here I could find, two setbacks in one day! Who would have guessed but, i must soldier on! Luck will not defeat me."
first off, go to the hunter and ask him if he has found any easily domesticatable animals or, ask if he had found any especially dangerous ones, if there are, ask him if he may try to bring them back alive, if he requires anything, see it to be done.
(Speaking of, what percent are we at of the building of the palisade?)
((About twenty percent done.))
My Area

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2013, 09:25:38 pm »

Sigh quietly and attempt to find the house of the town leader. This'll probably be the biggest one.
Knock on the door.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2013, 11:23:18 am »

"Shall we return to the v-village, sir?"
"No reason to delay."

Onwards
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2013, 11:40:57 am »

Follow.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2013, 09:39:53 pm »

((Just waiting on Errol))
My Area

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2013, 05:21:37 pm »

Follow and assist in finding the mayor's, or village elder's house.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2013, 09:20:14 pm »

The Story of Sir Mordred Jerrine, Lord of Mirkshire

Sir Mordred arrived at the alchemist’s hut with little difficulty, and found him busy caring for three patients. All of them looked very pale, and Sir Mordred could see that the situation was definitely getting worse. As he was handed the bundle of herbs, the alchemist’s face brightened substantially. He left his wards briefly to prepare some sort of soupy mixture. A number of other plants were tossed into the pot of water, and Angelica looked on excitedly, trying to identify them from the brief moments she saw them. After the potion was prepared it was administered to the sickly individuals. It did not have the sudden effect that Sir Mordred might have hoped for, but their faces seemed to regain some color. Noticing the room get a little quieter, Mordred realized that one of the men whom the infliction had been the worst in was breathing more quickly. Satisfied that the trip had been a productive one, Sir Mordred left the ill to rest while he determined the next step to be taken.

The Story of Sir Lionel Duncan, Lord of Rosewood

Sir Lionel approached this man who knew about the path, asking what his name was. The reply he got almost convinced him that the man must have a nervous stutter of some sort, is was a murmured “Umm yes, of course… My name is, is, is Bian.” The man began to speak more clearly after that, however, and tried to convince Sir Lionel that it made no sense that there would be bandits, and that the entire idea was preposterous. When he was asked if he could train scouts, he laughed off the notion and said that if there were bandits any of the “clumsy louts from ‘round here” would only warn them by all of the noise they would make. Bian felt certain that if he was left to go on his own, he could make it to the pass and back very quickly, and then Sir Lionel would be assured there were no bandits.
Matis, still feeling quite down after his recently failures, decided that it was time to make use of what wildlife was around, if not for food for domestication. The hunter gave him an incredulous look before replying, “You want me to find pets, while we’re short on food? You know how hard I’m working already. I mean yeah, you got somebody to skin what I kill, and that’s great, but that doesn’t mean I have the free time to find you some furry friend.” However, his attitude quickly changed, “Although, I actually do have time where I’m out hunting where I’ve seen some members of an unusually large species of lynx. I don’t try to bring them down, far too fast, but I’ll try to scout out the territory of one, if I can follow it. Might be we could bait it and catch it, with a little time and planning. I’ll tell you what I find.”

The Story of Sir Valthas Chackman, Wandering Knight

With the help of his squire, Sir Valthas found a rather large house, though it was far from regal, or even really pleasant. It was clearly an inherited manor, but it looked like it had been poorly cared for recently. The main part was still clean and cared for, but both of the wings which extended from it were boarded up. As he knocked on the door, Valthas was greeted by a haggard looking man, who at first looked to be well over fifty, but on closer inspection was probably still in his thirties. This man introduced himself as Mayor Eamon Burr. When told that Sir Valthas was a knight who had come to take care of the werewolf problem he had been experiencing, the man briefly livened up, and his true age showed. A small energy entered his step as he led Sir Valthas into his home, and explained to him the situation. Apparently this werewolf had been troubling the area for a long time, but it seemed that nobody had ever been able to identify who the werewolf was. All knights who came gave up after a frustrating search, and the Burr family had been essentially ruined by the cost of paying reparations to families who lost livestock or family members to the beast. But Eamon seemed convinced that Sir Valthas would be able to hunt down the beast. After all, night was approaching.

((I thought you might all like to know that I wrote this turn on word in an old English font, and it's all made much more epic by that font.))
My Area

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2013, 09:33:49 pm »

Angelica stuck around the alchemist's hut a little bit, helping a bit and asking about all the herbs and concoctions. Soon, though, she glanced back at Sir Mordred. She finished up what she was helping with and went to him.

"So, um, what should we do next, s-sir?"
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8