Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199816 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - The Storm Breaks
« Reply #1515 on: June 04, 2013, 02:37:00 pm »

I'm reading the scum posts.  I'm just not caring.
My abilities are confirmed. I believe Nerjin because his behavior is consistent with VLR, and follows exactly the pattern I predicted when it first began. His defeatist attitude is genuine. He has been demonstrably frustrated throughout the entire game, especially towards the end when he began snapping at Dariush and me more and more. His claim is totally consistent with his behavior.

I guess I assumed you people would come to the same conclusions, and began basing my arguments on his claim because it fits with his behavior and the expectations I have for him.

I'm sad that I'm the only one that can see this.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: June 04, 2013, 02:42:17 pm »

Ford, if you want to keep going, I've still got my shirt-sleeves rolled up, and am ready for Round 2.

I don't understand why being frustrated makes me scum, while it makes Dariush and Webadict town.

You're not scum because you're frustrated. This is why you're scum:

Here is why Captain Ford is our 3rd Scum, and why we need to snuff his Green in addition to Nerjin's. First, we have Okami's very nice chart that shows how Scum lost their actions when Captain Ford or Ottofar had their Greens snuffed or were Roleblocked. I've added information for the last 2 days as well:
Spoiler: Exhibit A) (click to show/hide)

Here, we see Captain Ford and Ottofar happily voting in line with one another, trying to waste the Town's votes on a dead player who couldn't make use of their powers:
Spoiler: Exhibit B) (click to show/hide)

Here we see Captain Ford fretting about how Town he appears, even encouraging Vector to investigate him because he "has nothing to hide":
Spoiler: Exhibit C) (click to show/hide)

Here we see Captain Ford apologizing for "accidentally" tying the Day Vote so it was canceled... and then asking the Town to spend their vote empowering him. (P.S. I believe I remember him doing/trying to tie the vote a second time, but I can't find the day):
Spoiler: Exhibit D) (click to show/hide)

Here we see Captain Ford betray that he knew reviving me was Pro-Town, despite having no way to know I was Town unless he was Scum:
Spoiler: Exhibit E) (click to show/hide)

I really do appreciate your efforts here... if nothing else, you've given the game a lot of direction, and kept things moving and entertaining. Vector, Webadict, Onyxjew... so many players have been unavailable, lurking, or otherwise gave up, it's really tough to have a solid endgame. You've played admirably, whatever the case.

Also, if it somehow turns out that you are Town, Ford, then the Scum really don't deserve their victory. They're barely trying.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: June 04, 2013, 02:42:49 pm »

I don't understand why being frustrated makes me scum, while it makes . . . Webadict town.

It doesn't because he's not.
That doesn't make sense, because Wuba is a town roleblocker. The third scum would have to be Onyx.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: June 04, 2013, 02:47:24 pm »

Alright fine. Web isn't the scum. I'm not scum. Otto's not scum. There aren't any scum. This is all just one big misunderstanding and you're ALL right. Every single of you.

Except that Web is scum, I'm scum, and Ottofar is scum. We CAN'T win. I've been TOLD this directly. If we pull off a win yeah we don't deserve it. If you guys pull off a win YOU don't deserve it. WEB solved the damn puzzle for you. You DON'T listen when someone outright tells you what's what. I honestly hope that some of you choke to death tonight.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: June 04, 2013, 02:50:56 pm »

Ford: I believe Nerjin and Ottofar as far as their scum claims, and that's it.  I just suspect there is a third scum, whose name is Captain Ford.

I'm going back and looking at vote counts.  Day 1 ends without you voting.  Day 2 you "accidentally" tie the vote and prevent Soli's green from lighting.  Day 3 you screw with white candles, knowing nothing will come of it.  Day 4 you vote to light Vector's green, but it's such a landslide it doesn't matter.  Day 5 is Teal Day- nothing really happens then for anyone.  Day 6, bandwagon those whites.

Also, when did Web claim roleblocker?  Sure you're not thinking me?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: June 04, 2013, 02:59:45 pm »

I know my voting record is terrible, and that's because the day always ends when I'm at work.

This is something I've explained numerous times, but I'm pretty much fucked in the ass as far as day end goes in this game. 5PM central is a terrible time for me. Every single day end has fallen at times when I've had RL shit drop in my lap and didn't get a chance to post until day end.

Also, you may note that I had an extend vote out on every single one of those days, because I needed more time and I knew it and I announced it beforehand. So holding that against me is really low.

Also, when did Web claim roleblocker?  Sure you're not thinking me?
Every other green candle ability on nights 5 and 6 have been claimed, except his. Whoever the roleblocker is isn't scum, because he couldn't have taken scum actions.

Check my spreadsheet.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: June 04, 2013, 03:06:51 pm »

EBWOP: So no, he didn't claim it, but two people one person claimed to be roleblocked for the last two nights, so someone had to have been doing it.

(part of this has to do with what Remuthra said at the start of the day, before he knew he was dead, and while I shouldn't repeat it, I do feel I need to state that it's a factor)

Also I don't think I voted for extension on every single one of those days, but it sure feels like it. I still can't believe nobody else voted to extend. Most of the days ended abruptly for me, in the middle of conversations I was having, and before I had come to a decision. Consistently missing the deadlines has been one of the most frustrating things about this game.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: June 04, 2013, 03:11:40 pm »

I would feel a lot better if at least one person believed me that tying up the vote on day 2 was an accident. I seriously cried in RL when I saw that. It ruined my whole day. :(

I'm still mad because it wasn't my fault. I carefully calculated the votes based on Meph's last votecount and then voted to BREAK a tie. Because Meph made a mistake counting up the votes, I instead created a tie.

It is really killing me that you don't believe me about this, because the evidence is clear as day.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: June 04, 2013, 03:24:33 pm »

If you aren't it, then who is, and why?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: June 04, 2013, 03:50:39 pm »

I'm still mad because it wasn't my fault. I carefully calculated the votes based on Meph's last votecount and then voted to BREAK a tie. Because Meph made a mistake counting up the votes, I instead created a tie.

It is really killing me that you don't believe me about this, because the evidence is clear as day.

To be fair, picking a teal over a green still fits the Ford Is Scum theory as it is working.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: June 04, 2013, 06:13:19 pm »

Toaster: ...what?

Solifuge:
*sigh* I've addressed all this stuff before, but I guess I'm going to have to do it again. It feels like I've done this dozens of times.

Point A I have addressed in exhaustive detail. Scum had good reasons not to snuff on the first night. You did read that, right?

Point B is hardly worth mentioning. EVERYONE was confused at that point. You can stand on your high horse and say we were dumb, but you weren't there.

Point C is quoted very out of context. At the time, I was trying to help Vector pick targets for her inspect ability. I stand 100% by what I said at the time.

Point D is ... god. I hate you. The Moderator FUCKS UP and it's somehow MY FAULT?!?

I go through the effort to check for a tie because NOBODY'S EXTENDING and THERE WAS A VOTE RESET and NOBODY IS TALKING and I GET FUCKING BLAMED FOR IT when THE MODERATOR FUCKS UP THE VOTECOUNT and I end up CAUSING A TIE rather than BREAKING ONE through NO FAULT OF MY OWN.

IT would take you all of five minutes to verify this math on your own. But NOOOOO.

At the time I apologized, I thought the tie was my fault. It took me days to piece together what actually happened. Why? Because I didn't know where I'd made my mistake, and only in retrospect did I realize I was the last voter.

At the same time, I didn't much care because it mostly happened because EVERYONE ELSE WAS BEING LAZY ASSHOLES.

So yeah, go ahead and accuse the ONLY ONE who cared ABOUT PREVENTING A TIE. Nobody else GAVE A SHIT. Even after I WARNED THEM ABOUT VOTE MANIPULATION.

I SERIOUSLY HATE YOU ALL.

I tried. I tried. I fucking tried. I did everything I could to avoid a tie, but apparently that isn't enough. Apparently, trying to convince and corral everyone to not vote like FUCKING IDIOTS means that when the vote ties up, I'M the one at fault. Go look. It's all there. I tried. I tried. I tried.

I failed. You people are just impossible ...

Point E is something I expected to get challenged on a lot earlier. I spent a very, very long time thinking about the answer to that. I eventually concluded it was good based on this logic: "It must be good, because we want it"

I even said so, when Toaster asked me.

Seriously. None of these points are original, and they hurt. They really hurt.

Spoiler: Out Of Game (click to show/hide)

If you aren't it, then who is, and why?

Not Webadict. I've deduced that he's a town roleblocker. He used his action on both nights 5 and 6, and couldn't have been responsible for scum actions.

I'm not supposed to know that someone was roleblocked night 6, but Remuthra/Meph made a mistake, and oh well.

I know someone claimed being roleblocked on night 5, and I think it was ZU. It was Nerjin. I see.

I don't know who the last scum is, but I did expose Nerjin on scumhunting alone. I thought I did well ... *sigh*

I have a number of theories at this point, and there might not even be a third scum. There might be a doomspeaker, but if it's a doomspeaker then we just need to kill the scum. The game might also just be on a timer. It's also possible that ZU was the third scum (doubtful).

If there is a mafiakill, then snuffing the green candles WILL NOT stop them from taking actions and won't eliminate the threat to the town. Snuffing the whites is clearly the correct course of action.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: June 04, 2013, 06:16:05 pm »

The name of first and second powers, please?
I would ask why you seem intent on my powers, but I don't believe it matters enough to rush your reveal.

Mastery of Law

Deleted PM
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: June 04, 2013, 06:20:34 pm »

Dear Ford;

Hello old chum. I realize the two of us haven't been on the best of terms recently but I'd like to posit that I do appreciate the effort you've put into the game even if you get a BIT too involved such as taking things personally. I've done so myself so I can't say anything negative towards it but it seems like you may wanna take a breather.

That being said there is a third scum and his name is Webadict. He has never had a role-block ability and I've never been role-blocked [I false claimed there cause... y'know scum]. Another thing in Scumchat there's basically been confirmation that the game ends TODAY. No night kills anymore and god damn-it we never really had one to begin with.

Sincerely yours,

Nerjin
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: June 04, 2013, 06:43:02 pm »

*sigh* No, there has to be a third one because someone was using the mafiasnuff while Ottofar was out.

*throws up hands* I don't know! I'm not omnipotent! I managed to drudge up Nerjin (which somehow you couldn't do on your own). But apparently that doesn't give me any credit. (I suppose you think I bussed him for no reason. Whatever)

If I wanted town to lose, I would have played this game completely differently. It should be pretty obvious by now that I'm town. I'm really beginning to wonder if there isn't actually a cult, because so little is making sense right now.

My suspicions on Nerjin go back a good long ways, too. It's not out of the blue.

...I guess I'm rambling right now. No, I don't have a read on anyone else. It took me weeks just to figure out Nerjin.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: June 04, 2013, 06:55:38 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Snuff Captain Ford Green: Dariush, notquitethere, Ottofar, webadict, Solifuge, Toaster
Snuff Nerjin Green: Dariush, Nerjin, notquitethere, webadict, Solifuge, Tiruin, Toaster
Snuff Nerjin White: Captain Ford
Snuff Ottofar White: Captain Ford
Snuff webadict Green: Nerjin
Snuff Tiruin Green: Ottofar

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 108