Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199802 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 2
« Reply #360 on: April 19, 2013, 10:54:14 am »

High Priest:  What ends are the spies working toward.  Do you know how many spies there are?  Are they all working together?  Are there any others among us who are neither loyal priests nor spies of Morasadis?

I expect nothing from this, but why not?

Also, right now Solifuge's three candles are in the lead, with White and Green tied.  Since there's more support for a SoliTeal light, perhaps we should back off his other two candles in the interest of SCIENCE.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 19, 2013, 11:09:18 am »

My message was that I should find Nerjin interesting.

Of course you should. There's a reason they call me Revolver... Except that they don't. Anyway I do have a power but I'm not really comfortable sharing it right now.

Furthermore I think that maybe I was wrong.

Unvote SOlifuge White

Lighting the Green or teal candle might help us understand what exactly the candles do. If he comes back we know that having any candle keeps you alive. If he doesn't... Well we can bring him back tomorrow.

Light SolifugeGreen
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 19, 2013, 11:55:18 am »

PFP

Toaster:
Indeed. I asked a similar set of questions not long ago.

Right now the picture I have of the game feels interesting and balanced, and it fits all of the evidence presented so far.

Okami: Do you think your message might be hinting at Nerjin's alignment?

Vector: I'd recommend you inspect either a white candle or someone's green candle tonight (maybe Nerjin or Okami). What do you think?

Knowing what white candles (or at least one of them) would be nice.

(It just occurred to me that white candles might reveal alignment, since we don't know what else they do. They might just do nothing, but if that's not the case, I'd invite you to inspect my white candle tonight. I don't have anything to hide)

PPE: Nerjin

Toaster: How likely do you think it is that scum would have snuffed their own candles?

Personally, I'd also very much like to have my teal candle lit. I'm just not as assertive as Vector or Dariush. (I know Toaster didn't call for his own teal to be lit).

Since I don't think that'll happen today, I think I'll throw my hat into the ring tomorrow.

Unvote.

Light Solifuge Teal
Light Toaster Teal
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 19, 2013, 12:01:47 pm »

Ford:  It's certainly possible.  I'm expecting they know a bit more about what the candles do than town does, so they could teamkill a candle opportunistically and get away with it.  Until we know more about if people can come back, I'm not going to drink that wine.

Nerjin:  Why green instead of teal?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 19, 2013, 12:32:09 pm »

Mod, my vote is counted incorrectly. I'm voting for Soli's green, not white.

Deriving my guess from how my power is named - I'm betting its something to deal with cleanliness, like Purge or whatever.
What does your power have to do with it? Do you mean the one used is identical to yours?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 19, 2013, 01:16:04 pm »

Nerjin:  Why green instead of teal?

Unvote

Light SolifugeTeal

It really doesn't matter to me which candle gets lit. I just want to know whether having a single candle lit is enough to keep you alive because if so we need to get to work on lighting all the candles we can until we're more sure who's scum and who isn't. Granted maybe having all the candles lit is bad so... Well one step at a time.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 19, 2013, 01:34:50 pm »

Ford:  It's certainly possible.  I'm expecting they know a bit more about what the candles do than town does, so they could teamkill a candle opportunistically and get away with it.  Until we know more about if people can come back, I'm not going to drink that wine.
Teamkill?

What makes you think the candle manipulations are done with separate actions and not a single team action?

Unvote Toaster's Teal Candle
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 19, 2013, 02:19:26 pm »

Wait. . .

GUYS: Do we have anyone with a green candle lit and no power?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 19, 2013, 02:22:05 pm »

Wait. . .

GUYS: Do we have anyone with a green candle lit and no power?

RangerCado Onyxjew and Toaster according to CF's most recent thing well... At least they haven't claimed having a power. I'm not mentioned on it either but...

Of course you should. There's a reason they call me Revolver... Except that they don't. Anyway I do have a power but I'm not really comfortable sharing it right now.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 19, 2013, 02:39:47 pm »

Right.  I'm looking for someone who

a. has the teal candle lit but is not close to his or her god
or
b. has the green candle lit but has no ability
or
c. has the teal candle unlit but is close to his or her god
or
d. has the green candle unlit but has an ability

Otherwise, I'm going to examine Ottofar's white candle.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 19, 2013, 03:00:30 pm »

Teamkill?

What makes you think the candle manipulations are done with separate actions and not a single team action?

Nothing.  I meant teamkill in the FPS context.

Vector:  I felt [god]'s presence and had an ability at role PM.  I got a night result PM that indicated that [god] was not as close and I lost said ability- and my green candle had gone out.

I agree that Otto's white candle is a good one to check.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 19, 2013, 03:16:19 pm »

Nothing.  I meant teamkill in the FPS context.
Teamkilling in an FPS is when people kill members of their own team.

*shrug* Light Toaster's Teal Candle

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 19, 2013, 03:59:54 pm »

PFP
Toaster: Yeah. That was a hefty dose of wine. If it turns out that alignment can be discerned, then the game probably has some sort of time limit that we're not yet aware of (which could take the form of escalating scum powers, or permanent candle destruction, or probably things I haven't thought of yet).

Since this game seems to be more of a puzzle, there probably isn't a straightforward way to discern alignment.

I am aware that this isn't just an unconventional game -- it's a bastard. But it's hard to figure out exactly how much bastard to expect. The two previous bastards I read were very straightforward in retrospect. (BP1 - There was an actual dopp in the simulation; BP2 - You needed to get a pilot to the ship. The dopps were red herrings, but everyone focused on them too much and knocked off their pilots)

If anyone's candles work differently than everyone else's, there has to be a way for us to figure it out.

There also has to be a way for us to know when we've actually found the scum. The obvious is that we just need to "lynch" them all. But that almost seems too straightforward for a bastard.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 19, 2013, 04:16:08 pm »

Read Rysith's Semibastard, I think.  That might help you.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 19, 2013, 05:14:12 pm »

I suspect Teal is tied to receiving messages.  My Role PM indicates that Teal is tied to Wisdom, and I received a message from my god at the beginning of N1.  Ottofar, would you confirm whether you also got a message?

I did, yes.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 108