Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199812 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - The Storm Breaks
« Reply #1485 on: June 04, 2013, 01:16:35 pm »

Yep, Otto's is already snuffed and the wick destroyed. So... There's that.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: June 04, 2013, 01:30:34 pm »

PFP

No hang on ... there might not be a doomspeaker. It could simply be the gods putting the squeeze on us to get this done.

And don't doomspeakers lose if we lynch the scum before time runs out? (Yes, they do)

Solifuge: Fuck. Why do you think white candles aren't worth snuffing? There is a reason for every single time Ottofar's candle came back, and none of them work anymore. WHY DO YOU KEEP IGNORING THAT?

Nerjin has just admitted that he can't block us from snuffing whites today. So that barrier is out of the way. We need to snuff the whites today.

The first few times we snuffed Ottofar's white, it WORKED. It came back because Nerjin lit it again. Nerjin can't do that anymore.

If Nerjin is telling the truth, then yes, there must be one more, because Ottofar couldn't be the one who was exploding candles in the night, because one exploded last night and his green was out.

(So yes, Tiruin, I guess you were right and I was wrong, and the scum's abilities do come from green candles).

What I want to know is how YOU knew the exact role abilities of Nerjin, but attributed to the wrong player.

AND NO, IT CAN'T BE ME, BECAUSE MY ABILITY WAS CONFIRMED YOU DOOFUS!

So either Webadict or Onyxjew. To be honest, I'm leaning towards Webadict just because Ranger and he claimed different gods.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: June 04, 2013, 01:32:04 pm »

I have 4 votes, but I can't vote more than once on the same candidate, and we can only do 2 actions today. Can't say I didn't try:

Snuff Captain Ford Green
Snuff Nerjin Green
Snuff Captain Ford Green
Snuff Nerjin Green

SOl: Why only 3 people out of the other candidates remaining?

Here is why Captain Ford is our 3rd Scum, and why we need to snuff his Green in addition to Nerjin's. First, we have Okami's very nice chart that shows how Scum lost their actions when Captain Ford or Ottofar had their Greens snuffed or were Roleblocked. I've added information for the last 2 days as well:
Spoiler: Exhibit A) (click to show/hide)

Here, we see Captain Ford and Ottofar happily voting in line with one another, trying to waste the Town's votes on a dead player who couldn't make use of their powers:
Spoiler: Exhibit B) (click to show/hide)

Here we see Captain Ford fretting about how Town he appears, even encouraging Vector to investigate him because he "has nothing to hide":
Spoiler: Exhibit C) (click to show/hide)

Here we see Captain Ford apologizing for "accidentally" tying the Day Vote so it was canceled... and then asking the Town to spend their vote empowering him. (P.S. I believe I remember him doing/trying to tie the vote a second time, but I can't find the day):
Spoiler: Exhibit D) (click to show/hide)

Here we see Captain Ford betray that he knew reviving me was Pro-Town, despite having no way to know I was Town unless he was Scum:
Spoiler: Exhibit E) (click to show/hide)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: June 04, 2013, 01:35:06 pm »

@Ford Regarding Solifuge's guess he really did just guess. I actually got a bit of a rush from how close he got. But no Soli's not scum.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: June 04, 2013, 01:35:57 pm »

Where was that established? There are 99 pages of this game and most of them are noise.

NQT: the TL;DR on why we need to snuff Greens instead of Whites is that Greens enable scum to actually perform their kills and actions. That, and Meph's hints have told us that "The Green Candles are the key to victory" and "We have to Overpower our enemies" (Green candles being linked to Role-Powers). Oh, and also Scum have been targetting our Greens, not our Whites. Their Lit Greens need to outnumber the number of Town's Lit Greens in order to win.

Not to mention that all the Scum are trying to convince us to snuff their own Whites right now, instead of their Greens... which makes it sort of obvious.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: June 04, 2013, 01:39:35 pm »

Your ability being that you can doublevote? How does that prove you're not scum? You're suggesting that it's impossible that the Scum Priest-King couldn't have gained the power to Double-Vote during the end-game, when everyone else powered up?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: June 04, 2013, 01:41:18 pm »

FUCK!

Okay, here's the reason why we have to snuff whites and not greens: Vector had an ability that told her ONLY ONE THING: Whether or not a candle was related to eliminating threats to the town.

She pointed out Ottofar as scum based on an inspection on his WHITE. ERGO, HIS WHITE IS THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO BE SNUFFED.

YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT SOLIFUGE. SNUFF THE WHITES.

Your ability being that you can doublevote? How does that prove you're not scum? You're suggesting that it's impossible that the Scum Priest-King couldn't have gained the power to Double-Vote during the end-game, when everyone else powered up?

MY ABILITY DURING DAYS 1-4 WAS ALSO CONFIRMED. I COULDN'T HAVE LIT ANY CANDLES, OR SNUFFED ANY CANDLES, OR HID ANY CANDLES DURING THAT TIME.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: June 04, 2013, 01:42:53 pm »

MY ABILITY DURING DAYS 1-4 WAS ALSO CONFIRMED. I COULDN'T HAVE LIT ANY CANDLES, OR SNUFFED ANY CANDLES, OR HID ANY CANDLES DURING THAT TIME.

Explain this for everyone, hopefully in fewer All Caps.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: June 04, 2013, 01:45:09 pm »

Where was that established? There are 99 pages of this game and most of them are noise.

NQT: the TL;DR on why we need to snuff Greens instead of Whites is that Greens enable scum to actually perform their kills and actions. That, and Meph's hints have told us that "The Green Candles are the key to victory" and "We have to Overpower our enemies" (Green candles being linked to Role-Powers). Oh, and also Scum have been targetting our Greens, not our Whites. Their Lit Greens need to outnumber the number of Town's Lit Greens in order to win.

Not to mention that all the Scum are trying to convince us to snuff their own Whites right now, instead of their Greens... which makes it sort of obvious.

Show me where either of us try to convince you to snuff our whites. I voted mine because I want out of the game. Dar wants me to snuff my green instead I do it!

Hey...HEY! Moron! FUCKING MORON! READ MY FUCKING POSTS BEFORE YOU START SPOUTING BULL-SHIT!

[Note; Do not read the below]

Spoiler: Catharsis (click to show/hide)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: June 04, 2013, 01:50:45 pm »

Thanks Soli, that makes sense.

Snuff Nerjin and Ford Green.

Frankly, I have neither the time nor the energy to investigate Solifuge's claims. I'm just going to go along with it now unless someone shows me a chart or something that indicates that we should act to the contrary.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: June 04, 2013, 01:56:00 pm »

Nerjin, all the incendiary BS in the world is not going to distract me from my case.

For anyone not convinced that Greens need to be snuffed, or that I haven't pinned the scum, just look at Nerjin and Ford's behavior. They were pretty calm when we were voting for Whites, and before Captain Ford was fingered as the 3rd Scum. As soon as I finger Ford as the final accomplice, they suddenly start lashing out at me... especially funny because Nerjin is self-confessed Scum, who "just wants to lose!"

You're putting a lot of effort out there, for someone who doesn't care anymore.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: June 04, 2013, 01:58:51 pm »

You fucking retarded ape! I'm voting for my green! BY YOUR LOGIC THAT MEANS THAT GREENS ARE NOT THE ISSUE! God damn are an idiot.

I'm putting effort in for the TOWN JACK-ASS! Ford's not scum! It's Web! WEB IS THE OTHER SCUM-MATE!

YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: June 04, 2013, 01:59:05 pm »

Explain this for everyone, hopefully in fewer All Caps.

I claimed my ability on Day 2 - Immunity to vote manipulation. When Dariush used his reset, my vote was supposed to be unchanged, but Meph forgot, and when I asked him to clarify, he admitted his mistake:
Meph: Please confirm that this votecount should have contained my votes to light Solifuge's Green and Teal candles.
This is correct. Hectic workdays sometimes cause me to miss things. My apologies.

A candle was snuffed the night I was roleblocked, and with Nerjin's claim that THAT was the mafiakill, my being blocked actually CLEARS ME. Nerjin's ability to light candles was HIS. NOT MINE. And a candle not being lit that night says NOTHING ABOUT ME.

We had a mafia kill yes. That's very true BUT guess what? If town can negate what we do we might as well just not do anything! The best we could have done was a stale-mate. Then we got to the point where candles stopped being re-lightable. Scum paradise right? WRONG. It just means that we finally had an ability to do something except... Now we've been told for a fact that this is the last day. WHAT CAN WE DO!? We're apparently supposed to eliminate all the town greens. The two of us. With perfect play there'd still be town greens stuck around.
WHAT?

AHAHAHA. HAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I WAS RIGHT. Suck it.

I am not calm because I am amazed at how stupid you are.

LOOK AT THIS ARGUMENT, LOOK AT IT:
Okay, here's the reason why we have to snuff whites and not greens: Vector had an ability that told her ONLY ONE THING: Whether or not a candle was related to eliminating threats to the town.

She pointed out Ottofar as scum based on an inspection on his WHITE. ERGO, HIS WHITE IS THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO BE SNUFFED.

YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT SOLIFUGE. SNUFF THE WHITES.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: June 04, 2013, 02:01:26 pm »

Reminder:  Dariush is totally correct.  Absolutely nothing Ottofar and Nerjin say anymore should be considered- or really even read- at this point.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: June 04, 2013, 02:02:55 pm »

Gods, Nerjin. I never expected us to be agreeing like this.

Well, win or lose, at least I know I was right. I even guessed that you had the ability to light candles and that there was a mafiakill. I've pointed out what we have to do to win, with a case that doesn't even rely on scumhunting, and nobody's even reading it.

Snuff Nerjin White
Snuff Ottofar White

PPE: Shut up Toaster. He's the only one in this game that's making any sense.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 108