Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199831 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 2
« Reply #300 on: April 16, 2013, 11:29:07 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Light Ottofar White: Remuthra, Toaster
Light Solifuge White: Captain Ford, notquitethere, Onyxjew944, RangerCado, Remuthra, Tiruin, Toaster, Vector
Light Toaster Teal: Tiruin

To the High Priest: I thought you said that only our votes could affect the candles? How did those two candles go out last night?

"It would seem that other factors are in play."

"High Priest, is it possible for us to leave this room and read up on the transcripts and manuscripts on the Gods? Did any of them [their people] use wax or candles in their worship?"

[This is just knowledge you have as Priests]
Candles have been used by most cultures in worship, and all of your rituals use candles to some degree.

Tiruin blinked, as if memory just tied itself into a knot after recounting all that, nearly verbatim. "Twin Gods of Morasadis? Who is Morasadis? Why can't we infiltrate him instead?"

Morasadis is the neighboring country to Lomonth, and the two of you have fought many battles over the course of history. At best the relationship between the two nations is strained, at worst there is outright war.

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 16, 2013, 11:41:58 am »

Gotta be quick because i have a test to take.

Ford: Red herrrings... could be true. But i still think the idea of all candles needed out for someone to go to the infirmary is he way to "lynch" in this B. Mod.

Triuin: It may not be our Gods against eachother, but some work better with others. Its kind of a universal thing were in every group, there are those who don't work with some as well as they do with others.

High Priest: Do we have any knowledge of the "powers" of the Twin Gods followers? If so, are we allowed this knowledge during this test from Telmorin and his holy children?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 16, 2013, 12:35:52 pm »

Meph:
1. Can you give us some more background on Morasadis? What do we know about the gods they worship? Why is there war between us?
2. Why would they be interested in infiltrating our temple? What do they have to gain? What do we have to lose? ("What are the stakes?" I guess)
3. Have we ever caught traitors from Morasadis in this temple before? Do we know what they were after, and what techniques they used?
4. What do we know about the gods of Morasadis and what distinguishes them from our own?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 16, 2013, 01:37:25 pm »

I don't think immediatly relighting Soli's white is a good idea. Instead, I think we should light Solifuge's green and see what happens. If he doesn't 'resurrect' or whatever, we can always relight his white tomorrow. Otherwise we've basically wasted two candle actions in exchange for confirming the most obvious theory possible (white=life).

Also, IMO the second action should be lighting someone's teal. I still want to test it on myself, so light Dariush's teal. Not much point voting to 'lynch' anyone in any case at the current time.

On that note, updated candlecount:

Magenta=scum changes, green=town changes.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 16, 2013, 02:14:58 pm »

I think we should Light Solifuge Green and teal instead.
I'd like to see if he returns to life that way.

Also Ottofar paces around the room, poking everyone as he goes along, then returns to his place.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 16, 2013, 03:03:12 pm »

I suspect that my god-closeness means that I occasionally get PMs suggesting what to do.

And yes, it specifically said that my powers don't come from the teal candle.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 16, 2013, 11:16:46 pm »

I don't think immediatly relighting Soli's white is a good idea. Instead, I think we should light Solifuge's green and see what happens. If he doesn't 'resurrect' or whatever, we can always relight his white tomorrow. Otherwise we've basically wasted two candle actions in exchange for confirming the most obvious theory possible (white=life).
I was thinking that myself. Then I joined the sheep and voted for his white.

Unvote.

Light Solifuge's Green Candle
Light Solifuge's Teal Candle

I'll hedge my bets for now, and see which gets more votes. I don't think we should spend them both on Solifuge because it's possible he's out of the game for good.

At this point, it looks like we could lose Ottofar or Toaster tomorrow. If scum are messing with their candles, it would kind of imply they're town ... but then I'm not so sure about that given that numerous people thought that both Toaster and Ottofar would benefit from losing candles.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 16, 2013, 11:42:29 pm »

Okay, since green seems to be power, lets try using power to bring Sol back Unvote and Light Sol's Green Candle

I think our second candle vote up should be on someone that hasn't been messed with by either side yet. We still have no clue what teal might be, maybe light someones teal? or snuff one?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 16, 2013, 11:56:03 pm »

I was thinking that myself. Then I joined the sheep and voted for his white.

Unvote.

Light Solifuge's Green Candle
Light Solifuge's Teal Candle

I'll hedge my bets for now, and see which gets more votes. I don't think we should spend them both on Solifuge because it's possible he's out of the game for good.

At this point, it looks like we could lose Ottofar or Toaster tomorrow. If scum are messing with their candles, it would kind of imply they're town ... but then I'm not so sure about that given that numerous people thought that both Toaster and Ottofar would benefit from losing candles.
PFP - other games took my time.

Why are you agreeing with Ottofar?

Ottofar, why are you thinking on those ideas regarding Soli? Also, how does green and teal work, if not white?

Dariush: Why yourself at the teal candle?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 16, 2013, 11:57:41 pm »

Onyx.  You don't talk very much.  Why shouldn't we kill you?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 17, 2013, 01:10:37 am »

The fact that Okami has no role abilities (or he's lying) with all candles lit seems to contradict the idea that more candles lit is strictly better.
Where'd you get that idea?  I've already said that I do have a role ability.

I don't think we should waste both our votes on Solifuge, so:
Light Solifuge Green
Light Toaster Teal
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 17, 2013, 05:23:31 am »

Light Solifuge Green
Light Solifuge Teal

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 17, 2013, 05:44:31 am »

Hmm. I promised Solifuge that I'd relight his white and I feel like some of you are moving the goalposts now. We haven't yet tried relighting a snuffed white and this is something we should try and discover.

Mod, can I double-vote? If so:

Light Solifuge White
Light Solifuge White

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 17, 2013, 07:35:19 am »

Ottofar, why are you thinking on those ideas regarding Soli? Also, how does green and teal work, if not white?

I seem to be alive and well, don't I?

Light Solifuge Green
Light Solifuge Teal

Why?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 17, 2013, 08:51:20 am »

Dariush: Why yourself at the teal candle?
I already said that. I want to know what happens to someone who gets his candle lit from the perspective of the receiver.

Also, I agree that we shouldn't spend both actions on Soli, since if it turns out that green doesn't resurrect him, we won't know that.

NQT, you are an idiot.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 108