Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200139 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 4 brings restoration
« Reply #615 on: May 01, 2013, 09:12:33 am »

I haven't received anything related to it, so yeah. Pretty sure.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 01, 2013, 09:13:28 am »

What about a description? Have you anything which details what it is, or what it does?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 01, 2013, 09:21:58 am »

Tiruin:  You seem to be arguing a case on Dariush based on what he always does.  I'm not saying I think he's town- my read on him is pretty much null- but I don't see your case.

> There was a slight difference in the # of night actions during the time where Ottofar and Dariush 'swapped' ca-
We know Otto's didn't relight his own candle, at least.
Wait, how? Otto's white candle was relit, and Vector's green died.

How could he relight his own candle if he was unconscious?

Or you could relight my green and I can start blocking people again.
...How sure are you of your target instead of hitting the two that most likely seem to be the traitors (wherein most likely is my term because I'm still confused over the matter of how...obvious it now seems to be - the possibility of someone framing another person by the hidden light effect seems viable).

Alternatively, we could snuff every green candle and possibly make this vanilla.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 01, 2013, 09:24:04 am »

Hell, there's a thought.  Let's assume we light every white candle and snuff all of the other two.  If we suppose that green equals action and teal equals info, that should put everyone as vanilla.

Given we can, via the white candle, both lynch and unlynch people, can't we just scientifically go through the list and lynch people until some combination results in town winning?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 01, 2013, 09:49:55 am »

Hell, there's a thought.  Let's assume we light every white candle and snuff all of the other two.  If we suppose that green equals action and teal equals info, that should put everyone as vanilla.

Given we can, via the white candle, both lynch and unlynch people, can't we just scientifically go through the list and lynch people until some combination results in town winning?
Given that time in doing so, that would be pretty much...pro-scum, given that we don't know their goal judging by the recent night actions. While it does tie in with the riddle of the candles, there's just something that doesn't click right.

Tiruin:  You seem to be arguing a case on Dariush based on what he always does.
Yeah, but there's a difference. Let me quote THink.
Yeah, Dariush teaches a lesson people really should learn, and I only learned after my second game with him: being a jerk isn't scum. Being an EVASIVE, NONCOMITTAL jerk is scum. Wish people didn't keep lynching him for that.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 01, 2013, 10:03:04 am »

Alternatively, we could snuff every green candle and possibly make this vanilla.
Query: How did this mode of planning make sense to you? Vanilla in what way -- we can't assume that the vanilla wincon applies, if scum did wish to eliminate all town (wherein anyone with a fair attention span and an equally fair common sense would see) that white = life, at this moment (unless there's a catch..again). What had happened last night isn't the case.

Which leads to me thinking such: Vector's inspect, inspects more than that. See what she got? It's more of a feel on the candles than a definitive. Now, I can't protect night actions--only stop lynches, that's pretty much obvious; what I can suggest is that Vector's inspect get re-lit, and one of those scumbags get lynched, or anyone else out there with powers [Ford's Strengthen much? Nerjin's unclaimed ability? Hell, even that vote-cleaner didn't claim, it must be scum or some town who doesn't care.] should use them.

Alright, assuming we've all our green and teal out: we've about 13 people left (heya Soli). Now we can go on lynching people and whatnot, but the question still remains.

Why didn't scum just keep on killing people? I'm leaning more on the fact that the riddle is only partially solved given their choice of Vec's green.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 01, 2013, 10:28:14 am »

Tiruin:
Query: How did this mode of planning make sense to you? Vanilla in what way -- we can't assume that the vanilla wincon applies, if scum did wish to eliminate all town (wherein anyone with a fair attention span and an equally fair common sense would see) that white = life, at this moment (unless there's a catch..again). What had happened last night isn't the case.

Vanilla as in no one has role powers.   I don't know what their goal is.

Thinking more, it's also conceivable that candle snuffing is a team ability instead of a candle-granted one, and extinguishing all green candles won't alter that.  That'd still theoretically leave us at a vanilla game, though.

You'll have to ask the scum team in regards to their wincon and motivations.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 01, 2013, 01:12:49 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Snuff Dariush White: Solifuge, Tiruin
Snuff Ottofar White: Dariush, Nerjin, Solifuge, Tiruin, Toaster
Snuff Tiruin Green: Dariush
Light Vector Green: Captain Ford, Vector

"High Priest, how are you feeling today?"
I am beyond feeling in the realm of the gods.

Tiruin checks the wholw congregation if any of them smell like dust. Or have any traces of dust on their clothing - if their clothing doesn't look clean as opposed to yesterday.

None of your fellow priests seem particularly dusty.

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 01, 2013, 03:07:57 pm »

If y'all think Otto is scum, then it might be interesting to look at his votes. Every vote he followed the majority action, lighting Vector's green, snuffing Solifuge, lighting Sol's secondary and tertiary candles and finally lighting Solifuge's white. So, if Otto is scum, even considering the fact that he'd want to blend in, the majority actions thus far performed must be in scum's favour. So if Otto is scum, Vector might be as well.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 01, 2013, 04:26:24 pm »

...That's how the majority action always followed.

That's it. Other players have nearly the same, with people sometimes poking at their own candles for reference.
Spoiler: Like Dariush (click to show/hide)
Meaning that I'm really unsure how (and this is what I suspect you're doing) vote patterns relate. Actually, why do you think so? Seeing that your conclusion is So, if Otto is scum, even considering the fact that he'd want to blend in, the majority actions thus far performed must be in scum's favour.

Explain that please.
What do you think about Otto, NQT? How does Vector match there -- why or how would that explain her actions?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 01, 2013, 04:52:56 pm »

Unvote
Light Vector's Teal - because we need someone to investigate Ford's White.
Snuff Ottofar's White - because we can't afford to have him perform his 3-Candle "Dance of Light and Darkness".

Why Dariush, Ottofar, and Captain Ford are in Cahoots:
I was sorta hoping folks would forget the "Res Me" thing, and just try to get a handle on the puzzle. Then, Dariush's proposition to "revive" me with a Green Candle happened... and it struck me as a bit weird. Though I understand the nature of the test, empowering Dead Townies seems like an obvious way for Scum to get Town to squander their Day Vote, and slow the Town's power-growth by empowering someone who doesn't stand to benefit from it. And it was weird that Dariush's vote was mirrored directly afterward by Ottofar and Captain Ford, without question. And even better when Captain Ford went on to "accidentally" Tie the vote, along with his teammates. Tying the vote is a way to cripple the Town's Day-Vote, giving the scum's Night-Vote a 1-vote advantage.

Spoiler: References (click to show/hide)

We have a pretty good knowledge of why Dariush and Ottofar are scummy; heck, that their candles behaved differently than everyone else's is just another indicator. But to explain why I suspect Captain Ford... for a start, he has been trying very hard to appear Town in his posts, to convey that he "has nothing to hide" from an investigation, etc. He suggests Vector investigate two specific players, without any suspicions against them. Then, after he tied the Day Vote to negate it, he apologizes and explains how "shocked" and "angry" he was about it, and in the same breath requests the Town to light his godly candle to empower him. Seriously dude? You've gotten too bold.

Spoiler: References (click to show/hide)

In addition to following the majority or voting the same way, they tend to be overly concerned with how Townish they appear. Ottofar and Daruish make empty posts (flavor and such) or bicker and accuse one another of stupid things, before completely forgetting it, in an attempt to appear active. Most damning, however, is how they talk and act like Reviving me has to be a pro-Town action, despite that Town has no way of knowing that I'm Town. In a game where the Mod clarifies that players can revive, a player electing to off themselves could be reasonably suspicious... unless you were Scum, and you knew alignment already.

So yeah. Ottofar, Dariush, and Captain Ford. An investigation on Ford would be spiffing, assuming it hasn't been done. Now to get back to re-reading the thread.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 01, 2013, 05:05:47 pm »

Inb4 reading that.

Why Vector's...Teal?

3-Candle Dance? Three candle dance?!

...Ok, either I missed something, or you know its specifically 3 candle, and a dance of light and darkness instead of a sun and moon thing.

Post-read: That's...intriguing. However, this ties in with something; scum have a day or night...or time schedule in which they should remain in the area, regardless of who is present or not.

Given that the HP is in the realm of the Gods and is also in our realm, perhaps this also relates with the presence of the traitors - that they're gaining knowledge everyday (anyone know any other wincon possible?) or that there is some catch to the riddle we're not getting. And riddles are supposed to be paradoxically simple; simple hidden in the complex, given my experience with riddles.

What did you get from your Teal candle Sol?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 01, 2013, 05:17:32 pm »

Ack. Divided attention there, will fix the vote in a sec. Also, "Sun and Moon" and "Light and Darkness" are conceptually the same in my head, and I didn't check that I had the name right; the name came from memory. 3-Candle Dance was another concept word; I'm still re-reading, but I thought I'd read that his dance power came from having all his candles lit.

Unvote
Snuff Ottofar's
White
Light Vector's Green

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 01, 2013, 05:22:55 pm »

What did you get from your Teal candle Sol?

While my white candle was snuffed, I fell into a "deep slumber," was informed I couldn't take any actions or post in the thread, and I experienced nothing. At the start of last night, I was informed that I had regained consciousness in the healer's hall, felt refreshed and awake, and also felt closer to my god than I did before. Nothing else happened.

I received no divine wisdom last night, unless feeling refreshed counts.

Before this blows out of proportion, it'd probably be good to claim my god: Nirian, Goddess of Fertility, Women, and the Hearth. Traditional harvest god, hence the scent of baking bread when my candle was snuffed. The smells are hints.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 01, 2013, 05:54:14 pm »

I'm not really in the mood to post anything today, but I have to update stuff and whatever, who cares.

I had an idea that the puzzle revolved around what gods we had, but I might be wrong. I thought that, because each candle had a scent that went with a particular candle, they revealed a part about the god, and that lighting the candles like that was the answer.

But, I might be wrong. Unless Vector is lying, she was told to have her Green candle lit, but also claimed dark god what's her face. Anyhow, I'm basically confused, and I'll try some thinking later/tomorrow. Whatever, whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 108