Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200130 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 4 brings restoration
« Reply #600 on: April 30, 2013, 08:12:24 pm »

All three of them came from the list of lit green candles. None of them have roleclaimed as far as I know, and all of them have been minimally active here. I'm going to do an in-depth look when I have more time, but it's suspicious. You Three: What does your green candle do? What is your opinion on the day-night equilibrium?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 30, 2013, 10:43:19 pm »

Toaster:
It's an interesting theory.  The problem is that it's completely untestable.  We can scum hunt all day long and be absolutely sure who two scum are, but if one gets better from being snuffed and the other wants light, how do we tell who is who?  We already know the white candles don't work like that.
That's not actually what I meant. I was talking about the theory that scum can snuff one candle and light one candle.

I don't think anyone gains power from darkness. That would be a complete departure from everyone else, and the duality aspect doesn't really work if only one of them is different from the rest of us.

Remuthra: Okami put a ton of effort into a summary of the game. Ranger has been replaced by Webadict, and Onyx is admittedly pretty lurky. You seem to be very interested in figuring out what the other green abilities are. Why is that?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 30, 2013, 10:48:23 pm »

Come to think of it, Onyxjew already talked about his ability before. He said "I haven't figured out how to use it yet", which didn't strike me as a suspicious response.

NQT: I asked you a question yesterday. I expect an answer.
NQT: I believe you asked Webadict a question. Where are you and why haven't you followed up on it?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 01, 2013, 01:05:56 am »

I am indeed back. I'll tell you all about being snuffed in a bit, but before I say anything...

Ottofar: I'd like to hear about your experiences while your White Candle was snuffed.
So...Teal candle? How was sleep? The last question isn't rhetorical but must be answered.

I'm not feeling quite well in terms of how I'm logically thinking or stating things so here's my thoughts in brevity:

I'm all for snuffing Ottofar's candle...seeing as how people actually believed that my power can't work on Vector at all. Here's me betting scum talked about it in their chat.

There were 2 night actions, both as scum -- reading up all nights, there were always 2 different things changing. So scum have 2 night candle shifting actions.

Ottofar is scum and they relit it to give us a headache. Dariush must go down too if the duality god theory is to be believed however I think this isn't much of a conclusive scum-find idea (the fact that they are either unhelpful or 'unaware' of their own candles gives some points to that thing of being scum)

We should not relight Vector's Green candle - it gives an inspect. However, her inspect should've come off right before the NK. Vector: What about that inspect?...Oh, you did Dar's Teal.

We have no idea what the scumteam's goal is. It must deal with the riddle, or the HP. Who I'd bet is still glowing :/

Why can't we just snuff both Ottofar and Dariush and get the duality gods out of this?

I'm useless by the way. Why wasn't I snuffed.
Personal thing. Don't mind. But I'm wondering why I was given a power that...would stop lynches instead of a night action. I mean, one-use, day-use, only works if half+1 of the people vote the candle...And its Nirian-ish.

Bah. Whatever. Snuff Dariush and Ottofar's White Candles.

"High Priest, how are you feeling today?"

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 01, 2013, 01:24:25 am »

While I'm getting caught up, can someone sum up the case on Ottofar for me?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 01, 2013, 01:29:45 am »

I want to feel all of the players now to see if there's any shenanigans going on there, but I'm imagining that might not go over quite as well...
I suggest we try anything to get information.

Tiruin checks the wholw congregation if any of them smell like dust. Or have any traces of dust on their clothing - if their clothing doesn't look clean as opposed to yesterday.

While I'm getting caught up, can someone sum up the case on Ottofar for me?
Just from memory:
> His green candle granted an unknown ability in all but name. Dance of Sun and Moon.
> His white candle flickered out (leaving his Teal on) before, but it was then discovered that the candle was only out in visual appearance. Nobody can transcend the law of thermodynamics which prods at exothermic reactions of Hot > cold, as seen by the flavor.
>...That's all I think happened. Ottofar seems mostly scum as not due to what happened - someone snuffed Vector's green, and relit Otto's white. The theory of how many actions or what they are which scum can do at night still lies in debate.

So...that's the case. We're operating on different = scum. Judging by how Ottofar posted in the yesterday, it was quite...strange.

Ottofar: White Candle is lit, Green Candle is lit, Teal Candle is lit
Tis all lit. So we may be seeing his action today if he uses it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 01, 2013, 03:00:45 am »

Tiruin, it's possible that Scum would revive a Town player during the Night, in order to turn the Town against them, or divide the vote and foment a Tie. After all, Ties negate one of the Day-Votes, thus shifting the ability to affect the game in Scum's favor (2 night-votes vs. 1 day-vote). However, it'd be odd for them to revive a Town player who now has all their candles lit, and was thus empowered.

Night-Action Possibilities, simplified:
1) Scum = Stupidly reviving an empowered Town Ottofar
2) Scum = Blatantly reviving an empowered Scum Ottofar

I think 2 is more likely, personally. I wanted to wait to hear Ottofar's night experiences before I shared mine, but actually I'm pretty comfortable moving forward now.

While my white candle was snuffed, I fell into a "deep slumber," was informed I couldn't take any actions or post in the thread, and I experienced nothing. At the start of last night, I was informed that I had regained consciousness in the healer's hall, felt refreshed and awake, and also felt closer to my god than I did before. Nothing else happened.

I've kept pace with the thread from time to time, and have a case I'd like to present, but need to do some catching up first.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 01, 2013, 03:13:39 am »

NQT:
Is there anyone we know is definitely town? Solifuge, maybe? I think we should light all their candles.
We don't have time for this. If we are forced to resnuff OF's white every day, we only get a single action we can spend however we want.

vomit
You are a fucktard, Tiruin. Please enforce the repeated connections of your head a wall until your IQ stops being negative.

I tend to agree that scum actions are probably tied to green candles. Therefore, I propose that we begin snuffing green candles of everyone who doesn't claim until something useful happens, beginning with snuffing Tiruin's green due to the whole 'OH NO I MERELY MADE A CRAPTON REFERENCES TO FIRE AND SOFTCLAIMED FLARE WITHOUT ACTUALLY MEANING ANYTHING BY THAT POST' attitude. Oh, and he correctly identified that the slate-cleaning ability has something to do with cleansing. So, he knows about two different abilities and follows an unrelated god whose ability he hasn't claimed. Stinks of scum to me.

And snuff Ottofar's white, obviously.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 01, 2013, 03:32:30 am »

I'm fine with snuffing my green. However that's not practical (I mean really, wasting a snuff on targeting a lynch-protect ability? I can't even affect anyone -- part of the puzzle perhaps, but this power is...intriguing in itself given the context).

I see you missed the whole psychological ideal of what I did back then, as compared to now.

And no, applying concussion damage to the cranium does not result in any positive influx of neurons or any intelligence quotient. That's common sense, smartass.

Oh, and he correctly identified that the slate-cleaning ability has something to do with cleansing. So, he knows about two different abilities and follows an unrelated god whose ability he hasn't claimed. Stinks of scum to me.
This however, stands out. How do I correctly identify that if I don't know what it is? (...dude, its quite obvious that cleansing is the verb used when vote count gets wiped, isn't it? Naah, you tell me. I'm the dumb one here.) Also, he? Do I need to post a picture of me for you to get the idea of who I am?

Follows an unrelated god? I stated who she is; you lambasted it and now state that I follow an unrelated god whose ability I didn't claim? What kind of mind are you scumming up Dar.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 01, 2013, 03:47:50 am »

Snuff Ottofar's White
Snuff Dariush's White

Captain Ford, you're next.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 01, 2013, 04:51:39 am »

Captain Ford, you're next.
Who what now? :o

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 01, 2013, 06:35:19 am »

Webadict, do you have an ability? Please answer my question.

Ford, yeah thanks for reminding me. Was one of those nagging back of the mind sort of things.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 01, 2013, 08:02:09 am »

Or you could relight my green and I can start blocking people again.

I'm not seeing the case on Dariush.  Could those of you snuffing him please elaborate?

Snuff Ottofar White.

We know Otto's didn't relight his own candle, at least.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 01, 2013, 08:45:24 am »

I didn't receive any messages, not even at my death. Only when I woke up, I got a brief message saying I'm in the healing hall and feeling well.

I didn't receive any messages from my god either.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 01, 2013, 09:10:27 am »

I'm not seeing the case on Dariush.  Could those of you snuffing him please elaborate?
> Firstly, it comes with reaction. While I've learned, and am deciding my thoughts based on what [Think0028 said in that one BM deadchat which I won't link], Dariush's reactions have been mostly illogical--his premise of scumhunting is all 'accuse accuse accuse' without trying to prove anything wrong beforehand, meaning: no build up, try to suspicious-ify others, or just goad them and give them hell just because this is a bastard mafia and the rest have no idea wtf they're doing.

> Case in point, he doesn't quote, nor does he link to anything which he casts suspicion on. Just a whole point of attacking the person (personal here), obfuscating the details (check what he's got on me, it doesn't make sense) or inserting another idea wherein the replaced idea is still questionable (thoroughly doubts my God despite having nothing else to base it on). Followed by a weird case of trying to pin the blame on others for things he can't comprehend (adding a smokescreen of insults to make it sound reasonable) doesn't bode well. This isn't influenced by what I've received from him, but by checking through his posts...it comes along as that to me.

> That...and the posts I'm referring is on started with accusation of being a conspiracy theorist, declining onto human insult (which really doesn't make sense given the fact that we don't know much)

...Which leads to him having a duality role which he's not talking about, is unaware about but lacks the sense to talk about it. What goes against me wanting to snuff this egoistic bastard are: This statement of life-plea here. (+townie points due to the context on how they came about...read the posts before that)and this given by how he suspects things.
Spoiler: Lurkertracker (click to show/hide)

...I didn't like how he called others out on not giving information when he himself couldn't give any though. But I'm guessing its just me here.

> There was a slight difference in the # of night actions during the time where Ottofar and Dariush 'swapped' ca-
We know Otto's didn't relight his own candle, at least.
Wait, how? Otto's white candle was relit, and Vector's green died.

Also, thanks to Think. I wish he was playing :/

Or you could relight my green and I can start blocking people again.
...How sure are you of your target instead of hitting the two that most likely seem to be the traitors (wherein most likely is my term because I'm still confused over the matter of how...obvious it now seems to be - the possibility of someone framing another person by the hidden light effect seems viable).

PPE
I didn't receive any messages, not even at my death. Only when I woke up, I got a brief message saying I'm in the healing hall and feeling well.

I didn't receive any messages from my god either.
Well, the last part at least helps confirm that the Green = Power. Seeing that his candle is still lit...

Are you sure that your Dance of Sun and Moon has no description? Or has it changed?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 108