Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 199956 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 1
« Reply #240 on: April 11, 2013, 06:43:25 am »

Ok, read it up.

...Why is Ford being voted again? I don't see anywhere having him being a volunteer, Soli was the white volunteer...

Edit: 504.

Editedit: 504..

Edit3: ...

"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot-"

Tiruin takes a moment to examine the rest and their mixed expressions, slyly smiling.

"Dear goodness. This thing really has you all hyped up, huh."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dariush
Wait, what? So you would discard the perfect correlation that everyone with green candle lit has a power and everyone without doesn't merely because flavor doesn't explicitly mention that the only tool at our disposal (well, apart from personal powers) is actually a tool and not a red herring?
Perfect correlation, huh? No, not discarding the theory fully, but doubtful.

Seeing the reactions of people as of late to the flavor, I can wholeheartedly agree with you that it's a tool :P

Ranger [Snuff White Candle]
Its twice as bright and really sudden... Unvote Solifuge's white, I don't want to touch something thats being that unpradictable.
Afraid of fire, are we my sire?

See, this is the unpredictable stuff that Bastard games have. WHy are you bein' afraid for a tiny bit of flame?

Did a little trick of mine scare off the traitor scum here?

And if it permakills two random people who voted for that candle?

Not that I think that is what's going to happen, but I think that running headlong into an unknown factor is foolish, especially if whoever did it isn't going to reveal themselves.
Captain says it all, If the thing explodes or just somehow kills people, i don't think we should touch it. If its still this way after the night is over, then it would probably be a good idea to check it out but not right now. Unless someone tells us what this does, i don't want any part of it.
How cute. Avoiding the fire like a plague. You didn't drop me, for then I was still a possibility -- instead asking for the person to claim -- and going against the process of testing?

I assure you'll burn with the rest of your friends, traitor.

Has the lack of courage gotten to you so much that you won't risk being burned by its consequences?

Let's do Ford's instead, since he did it.

Unvote Solifuge White.

Snuff Captain Ford White.
Or maybe its you, Toaster? (Snuff White Candle) Since Ford did what I somehow did, let's snuff Ford's white candle, eh?

What are you getting at here with the blanks?

And if it permakills two random people who voted for that candle?

Not that I think that is what's going to happen, but I think that running headlong into an unknown factor is foolish, especially if whoever did it isn't going to reveal themselves.
Especially if that said person is in aching darn pain from the toils of the day and other...stuff.

You're touching the peak of doubt and suspicion here. Why so, Ford?

Theory: It's a lynch-blocking ability. Suppose we shall see.
Hint: It isn't. And. It is.

...well, depending on the primary factor of oxygen and the number of people present. We're all going to die via asphyxiation since Meph forgot to mention the place has windows. Also, smoke.

Actually, You trying to kiss the HP set off a chemical reaction that affected your White Candle because I wield the power of love. Oh yes.

Did the day end at that time? Didn't look like it did.

Vector:
I've played enough games with him to know Ford's persistent meta.  Between Totem and Mafia, Masons, and Hackers it became clear that Town-Ford is weak, wishy-washy, and doesn't want to lynch people, always into giving a second chance, while Scum-ford seems very controlled and confident.

He's definitely scum.
Really now? Meta-guns blazing and all? While this could strike me as scum trying to strawman, I agree with you; agree in the sense that I'm seeing a pressure case here.

Of all the people, why poke at Ford? And for that, why his meta?

Why am I thinking this? Vector ain't votin' Ford. Well, since the post up there anyway.
. . . I voted Captain Ford as soon as I noticed that he was acting scummy.[...]
How acting scummy? Meta? Non-meta? Or you trying to make a case out of him reacting with reasonable words?

Curiosity nudges. How do you read me as I was in the same games?

Solifuge
I'm still good with being the White Candle Guinea Pig, but with the candle flareup (it does seem odd for that to be tied to Tiruin's garment inspection)
Tiruin holds up a pendant.

"For the Valar."

No. My garments have nothing to do with what just happened.

Okami, your goddess is Derala? She grants you Wisdom, and your Green Candle is lit.
....Where did Okami say his Goddess? And where did he say his power? Can't seem to find it on a re-read from Meph's post.

Lastest posts

Ford
But then, Tiruin has a green candle lit.
I did say that I was against the notion of candles = power...or something like that. (Meaning: Snuff a lit green - no more power, unless those candles are holy somehow)
Ranger: I feel like I've been talking to an empty room. I'm getting frustrated enough to feel like quitting already. Nobody seemed to be listening to me, so I got louder, and louder, and LOUDER, AND LOUDER (Yes, FOUR TIMES).
Did you quote what had-...

Right. I can see that there.

Ranger
okay, i'm gonna go get some sleep and continue in the morning. Vector, I would prefer it if Captain survived this RL night ;)
Y?

Vector
Yes he can, but as I was the person who was sent a PM, I am admittedly curious.
By Meph?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 11, 2013, 07:44:58 am »

Yes, perfect. So why are you still in doubt?

Hey Toaster (snuff white), do you know something we don't? I really begin to think so, considering you were one of the three people to SUDDENLY jump off Soli's voluntary bandwagon for no reason and one of the two people to vote Ford, again, for no reason.

Cado, why do you think that if a candle flares brighter, then that means that it's going to explode or something? Looks like a major overreaction to me.

Also, here's a redone infosheet with the gods whose claimings I noticed:

Feel free to correct me if I missed anything.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 11, 2013, 08:07:28 am »

In the case of exploding candles: We don't know what tiruin did or even if she's just saying that when a scum buddy did it. It stops a "lynch" of the candle, but how? and why do this when solifuge was willing to let it be snuffed?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 11, 2013, 08:19:13 am »

Ford:
What do you think will happen if your white candle goes out?
That I'll be unable to take actions, and be dead or effectively dead. That is the present consensus.

I'm not asking what the present consensus is.  I'm asking what you think will happen.

Tiruin:  You're acting very oddly. 

Unvote Solifuge White.

Or maybe its you, Toaster? (Snuff White Candle) Since Ford did what I somehow did, let's snuff Ford's white candle, eh?

Just to be clear, you're claiming responsibility for Soli's candle, correct?

What blanks?

Dariush:
Hey Toaster (snuff white), do you know something we don't? I really begin to think so, considering you were one of the three people to SUDDENLY jump off Soli's voluntary bandwagon for no reason and one of the two people to vote Ford, again, for no reason.

I will be happy to reply to this once Ford gives me a real answer.

Ranger:
In the case of exploding candles: We don't know what tiruin did or even if she's just saying that when a scum buddy did it. It stops a "lynch" of the candle, but how? and why do this when solifuge was willing to let it be snuffed?

How do you know the underlined bit?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 11, 2013, 08:24:16 am »

Tiruin: Why choose Soli for your experiment?
Hmm, well. Primarily because I wanted to see if anything was indicated -- I asked Meph about it, he said it would be indicated. But not who did it.

So I dropped the hammer (figuratively; this means I did it.)

Anything else I would say would undermine why I did it. Just stick to what I'm saying and you'd find it out easily -- cheers to me seeing many people's reads much clearerly.

Because I know what happened. I figure you'd want to explain the bolded portion? Now you're going on something nobody said, huh.

Intention-fishing detected.

Tiruin decides to act on impulse, moving over and bopping Ranger in the nose with her index finger before heading back.

"Bloop."

I'm really pretty sure that you're panicking. Like I said, what's so wrong about a little Flare?

Yes, perfect. So why are you still in doubt?
That little thing I did was mostly to answer questions - it did. Stuff is much more exaggerated around here. I'm doubtful due to how people are lining up ideas (but they do make sense...ugh, I think the term for what I'm believing is denouncing the simplicity of it all and thinking there's a catch...but in regard to our current situation, I'm now preferring going with my intuition over my logic atm.).

...Well, waning on the doubt given the fact that, yeah, people had to say stuff to get stuff, but it all seems too transparent now. Since we're reaching on a unanimous decision that Green may as well equal the presence of a power (which I'm doubting because nobody sa-)

"High Priest, is there something with the candles? Do you breed holy bees around? Meaning, holy candles these things are?"

(there...)

Ranger: Along with the above...Why would I say something like that when, presumably, scum did it? Having second thoughts on lil' me, Hmm?

Explain.

PPE: Toaster

Unvote Solifuge White.

I already did that...

What blanks?
Everything in that post you did there, how Ford matters, how you didn't answer his questions as he claims....and pretty much everything in between.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 11, 2013, 08:34:20 am »

EBWOP - Claryfing:
Hmm, well. Primarily because I wanted to see if anything was indicated -- I asked Meph about it, he said it would be indicated. But not who did it.

So
By that, I mean reactions.

Anything else I would say would undermine why I did it.
By this, I mean that I've gone into questioning Meph and he was very kind enough to detail the effect of my power to me and thus, is very darn detailed.

But everything's there anyway.

PPE: Toaster

Unvote Solifuge White.

I already did that...

What blanks?
Everything in that post you did there, how Ford matters, how you didn't answer his questions as he claims....and pretty much everything in between.
By blanks, I mean how you're poking at Ford just like that instead of anything else. I do follow that Ford was getting mixed up because...well, your vote there came out of the blue (figuratively). It's so definitive that I'm in the zone of blanks trying to piece together what you know, and why you didn't follow up Ford.

Because he answered your question. (Or am I getting the semantics wrong? He did answer it, and then he added a thought that its also the general consensus)

Clarify and expound on the bolded part.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2013, 08:47:14 am »

Tiruin (and Dariush): Well, that kind of ruins the point of waiting.  Anyway, let's look back a bit.  Why did I call out Ford?

Solifuge's White candle flares up, burning twice as bright as any of the other candles

You might say it's burning strongly now, right?

Like Remuthra, I also have Avos as my god. But unlike Remuthra, I have an ability called Strength.

I remembered him saying that, so I just made a leap that that is what his ability did, curious to see his reaction.  The guess was incorrect, but he reacted with bitterness and bile, something I wasn't expecting at all.  Now that I have more puzzle pieces, it looks to me like he is indeed scum, but he's innocent of what I accused him of.  Bitterness is a likely reaction for a guilty man being convicted of the wrong crime.

Also, the way he's avoiding giving me a straight answer to my question tells me he knows more than he's letting on about the candles (informed minority ergo scum).

I'm poking Ford because amid the theorycrafting, scum stuck his head out and got caught.

Ford:  Now I can address your points. 

Wait, what points?  That you think teal candles give abilities to the player when lit?  That's not really a an addressable point, except to say that I don't quite agree given some of the gods like dark things (night, etc).  But I have said this already.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2013, 08:53:40 am »

I...really think his bile was more along the lines of the flaws of communication other than scum. His rage screams sincere negative communication rage, and...not scum rage (because of what?).

I think you're misinterpreting the obvious. He was raging because of the lack of answers to his questions. Or, y'know, communication error on another party - doesn't seem like he's being rage-y for the sake of being rage-y in a convicted way.

What crime did he commit and what kinds of questions did you pose to him to lead to that conclusion, Toaster?

Solifuge's White candle flares up, burning twice as bright as any of the other candles

You might say it's burning strongly now, right?
I may say it's quite on fire, yes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 11, 2013, 08:59:51 am »

Tiruin:  I don't agree that it was communication based rage.  Most people have posted candle theories and few have gotten meaningful responses.  He got mad because he got called out over something he didn't do, even though he's guilty for another reason.  Also, his rage over being voted over scumhunting-based reasoning while ignoring his puzzlecrafting reasoning is totally baseless.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 11, 2013, 09:26:52 am »

Wait,

Also, the way he's avoiding giving me a straight answer to my question tells me he knows more than he's letting on about the candles (informed minority ergo scum).
Wasn't this the thing about Remuthra and him? Remuthra has more of a deviation than Vector regarding the candles - the fact (or claimed fact) that she got a PM filled with urgency makes me suspicious.

And to clarify. I mean that Ford's getting riled up for all the perceptible reasons. He didn't challenge those reasons straightly, but his intention says it (that post after your unvote-vote there, Toaster? Yeah, that one). Even in his rage/RL-ARGH induced state, I can see where he's arguing from. Totally reasonable given the communication and the prods to him after Meph's post, as I guess that's where it escalated.

I'm up for doing the Remuthra-Ford Green switch, that would clarify more than doing Vector at the current situation (You were sent a PM...sounds very much like there's a conditional thing there.)

PPE Toaster...Well, there goes my clarification, but still posting this down.

Was your basis on his claim -- the one of Strength, Toaster? Or was it a pressure vote? If so, then when did it become a scum-vote? What other reason was that in the post above this?

Tiruin:  I don't agree that it was communication based rage.  Most people have posted candle theories and few have gotten meaningful responses.  He got mad because he got called out over something he didn't do, even though he's guilty for another reason.  Also, his rage over being voted over scumhunting-based reasoning while ignoring his puzzlecrafting reasoning is totally baseless.
I saw much on meta back there. And...It's not really sure that he got mad over getting called on what he didn't do. He did ask what he was being convicted of above that post (linked below). And I'm quite sure that at the time, he was relating that to his claim of Strength as the candle did boost itself - pertaining to strength. His answer doesn't confirm or deny his case; given his mindset at the time. If he was scum for those reasons, then I'm pretty sure he would've either gone and defended himself (he never made any mention of votes but the essence behind them, like the reasoning here. It just seems too much to look like faked anger over a vote. Or sincere anger just because of a vote for that matter)

I was pointing at Vector's poke at his meta, which set off a horrible (not saying the post is, the feel on reading it) reaction which cries Ford as town to me. Yeah, he raged. Yes, he did get incredulous at times -- even confusing with the line of thought. But he said this instead
For chrissake, I thought I was gonna catch flak for being too cautious. I'm practically a blazing inferno of uncertainty here.
The amount of info he spouted also don't poke me wrong. He's practically poking back at the lack of discussion. Vector ended her line with a declarative statement while yours was...well, I can guess that you didn't bother to check back until the later post wherein you somehow found that he "didn't".

Though you do raise a point. Ford what's up with this post?

Vector:
I was sent a PM saying that I very much want that [Green?] candle lit, and as we need to experiment around with what the candles do, I figured I'd volunteer myself.

I have no fucking idea what it will do, and it's occurred to me that the scumteam might have a power that permits the transmission of such a message (or maybe "being extra-close to my god" means that I'll get such messages?), but I figure that the game should first be played straight to the best of our abilities.

Also, having unanswered questions does not mean that you can't be scunt-hummed.  Seriously.  You have one vote on you.  Stop flipping out.
I believe he had two then. ONe from you, the other from Toaster.

Nextly, the PM sounds urgent. Are there any consequences from not heeding it? I'm all up for doing Ford/Remuthra because it helps prove two people other than only one and, probably, whoever sent the PM. Two guys with one stone. The other stone, we shall see.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 11, 2013, 10:31:25 am »

Of all the people, why poke at Ford? And for that, why his meta?

How acting scummy? Meta? Non-meta? Or you trying to make a case out of him reacting with reasonable words?

Curiosity nudges. How do you read me as I was in the same games?

Vector
Yes he can, but as I was the person who was sent a PM, I am admittedly curious.
By Meph?

Nextly, the PM sounds urgent. Are there any consequences from not heeding it? I'm all up for doing Ford/Remuthra because it helps prove two people other than only one and, probably, whoever sent the PM. Two guys with one stone. The other stone, we shall see.

Meph sent me the PM.  There was no listed consequence to not doing as asked, but I'd honestly like something to do in this game.  I've given all the information I've got for the puzzle, I've scumhunted and gotten smacked around for it, and that's pretty much all I can do for now.

You seemed pretty much exactly the same in both games, Tiruin.  Easy to lead around.

I'm making a case on meta and also that blazing overreaction, which you might see as "honest" but I see as a scum jump--it's pretty much the only kind of jump I make anymore, an angry one.  Why Ford?  Well, if you see a scumtell on someone, why would you attack someone else?  I attacked what I saw.  You can't do anything else.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 11, 2013, 10:35:40 am »

I'm up for doing the Remuthra-Ford Green switch, that would clarify more than doing Vector at the current situation (You were sent a PM...sounds very much like there's a conditional thing there.)

Was this addressed to me?  I'm assuming you mean Vector because she mentioned getting a PM, but it's in a block to me.

PPE Toaster...Well, there goes my clarification, but still posting this down.

Was your basis on his claim -- the one of Strength, Toaster? Or was it a pressure vote? If so, then when did it become a scum-vote? What other reason was that in the post above this?

The vote was less pressure and more reaction testing, based entirely on me remembering his claim of an ability called Strength and the apparent effect on Soli's candle.  It became pressure here, and became more and more a "lynch" vote with each new exchange between us.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 11, 2013, 10:57:33 am »

I am calm now.

Vector:
Seriously.  You have one vote on you.  Stop flipping out.
Bleh. The votes weren't what set me off.

I got frustrated because my questions were going unanswered. I got angry at you because you claimed a meta read on me, which meant you must have read my posts, and yet you didn't feel like I deserved a response. It's one thing if you simply didn't see my questions. That's frustrating. But if you DID read them and didn't feel I was worth answering, that's insulting.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
So I'm sorry everyone for exploding like that. I'm not very good at handling my emotions sometimes. It's a work in progress.

I was sent a PM saying that I very much want that candle lit, and as we need to experiment around with what the candles do, I figured I'd volunteer myself.

I have no fucking idea what it will do, and it's occurred to me that the scumteam might have a power that permits the transmission of such a message (or maybe "being extra-close to my god" means that I'll get such messages?), but I figure that the game should first be played straight to the best of our abilities.
...so either it came from Meph, or someone out there knows something about this setup that they're not sharing with the rest of us.

I'm sorry for being wary, but there is something very suspicious about this. Why send the PM to you? What do they know about your role? How do they know it?

Toaster:
Quote from: link=topic=124340.msg4168895#msg4168895 date=1365686353
Ford:
What do you think will happen if your white candle goes out?
That I'll be unable to take actions, and be dead or effectively dead. That is the present consensus.
I'm not asking what the present consensus is.  I'm asking what you think will happen.
...I'm honestly not sure. But both the color white and the fact they all start lit seem to strongly hint that they're a lynch analog. There has to be some analog to a lynch, otherwise this isn't much of a mafia game.

The primary effect of a "lynch" in this game is denying a person the ability to speak in-thread and the ability to vote or use actions, assuming we can re-light their candle.

I'm also a little wary that there might be a hidden time limit, such as someone having an ability that gains strength over time. This game could otherwise go on for a very long time.

Spoiler: Points (click to show/hide)

But what I'm most ticked off about is the fact that I put out a proposal (light Remuthra's green candle and see if he gains the same ability as me).

We have the same god, but he has no abilities, while I have one, and he has only his white candle lit while I have a white and a green. It seems logical that he would gain an ability, and perhaps even the same ability. If that's the case, he can verify my claim and claim the ability's description, and I can validate it. This would provide valuable information, don't you agree?

I feel much more comfortable giving a green candle to Remuthra than I do to Vector.

Dariush: Argh. This is exactly why I'm frustrated.

I claimed my god. TWICE. Avos. The same as Remuthra.

Cado, why do you think that if a candle flares brighter, then that means that it's going to explode or something? Looks like a major overreaction to me.
Why don't you? An effect that was benign probably wouldn't have even had a visible effect.

In terms of game balance, powerful abilities usually have some kind of warning so they don't result in a TPK, unless the party is stupid enough to ignore it.

Why ignore what looks like an obvious sign of a trap?

True enough. *sigh* I can clearly see I'm not the only one whose theory questions went unanswered. But I did engage in discussion with other people. I asked questions. I gave responses. You did not engage with me, nor did Vector. It was incredibly frustrating to be the only one in the game questioning what the fuck was going on and then being jumped on for daring to question things.

You should either read the ref I gave to BM 38 (It goes on pretty much until the end of the game), or trust Tiruin's opinion, since she was the one I was arguing with. She would know better than anyone whether or not I'm telling the truth (and it's not like you haven't seen it before. I did the same thing with ZU early on in M&M&H, and you counseled me about it).

I revealed part of my role and gave a proposal for voting, and it got no attention. I bumped it several times, and still, even after I blew up, it hasn't gotten any response. I don't get that.

In retrospect, it's unlikely that Remuthra would have exactly the same role ability as me. But no one pointed out that obvious flaw in my reasoning.

Tiruin: God you are so good at communicating. You're totally right about what you're reading out of me. A lot of things I didn't even notice myself.

Mostly I got frustrated because I didn't understand what was going on, and my attempts to get clarification went unanswered. ("Why is everyone blindly voting for Vector's green candle? Without reasoning? Without discussion?")

At the time that Vector voted me, I had asked numerous questions for clarification (to you, to Toaster, to everyone at large, I'm not even sure what they all were anymore) but hadn't gotten answers yet.

Though you do raise a point. Ford what's up with this post?
Ah. I guess I was expressing my frustration before I exploded.

That was a passive aggressive attempt to get people to pay attention to me. It didn't work. (I don't know why I expected it to)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You're touching the peak of doubt and suspicion here. Why so, Ford?
I didn't realize you'd claimed the ability. I ran the Tomb of Horrors. I know that "that's probably harmless" is the worst attitude to have. Everything should be examined carefully if we're going to figure out the puzzle before it's too late. Anyone who wants to rush through it is rushing to their doom. (I'm seriously amazed that so many people pushed for a shorten and then dropped off the face of the earth)

Knowing it's been claimed does change things. Now you're accountable for what happens. I'm still hesitant to consider snuffing that candle to be a good idea, since I don't know what your ability does (but I'm certainly less paranoid).

I did say that I was against the notion of candles = power...or something like that. (Meaning: Snuff a lit green - no more power, unless those candles are holy somehow)
The head priest of our temple is floating five feet in the air, possessed by the gods and filled with holy power. He has told us the gods are testing us, and when I attempted to put out a candle, I found it completely impossible.

I think it's safe to assume these candles are tied into some kind of divine power. Why the hell else are we dicking around with them? And the head priest explicitly said they would affect us.

Extend. I've got another hour and then I'm gone for the day.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 11, 2013, 11:04:22 am »

No, normally in a game like this those attacks would not have "lots of reasoning" attached, because reaction testing is a thing--and you've failed.  You asked all of one question which I could answer, which I had intentionally not answered because full roleclaims D1 are usually not such a great idea.  Yes, I read your question, and it was not worth answering because it damaged the integrity of the town.  Insulting?  I don't know, and I don't really fucking care.

But whatever, here's the rest.  My Goddess is Derala.

Derala: Goddess of the Night, Moon, Magic, Dreams, Prophecy

I am imagining that I got the PM as part of my role, but again, I wanted to get out the idea that the scumteam could send PMs, just in case.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 11, 2013, 11:21:23 am »

No, normally in a game like this those attacks would not have "lots of reasoning" attached, because reaction testing is a thing--and you've failed.
Yeah, that's a great way to test someone who has a history of flipping out when he's town and has communication problems. Fuck you and fuck your reaction testing. Angry=Scummy is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. That's a thing that happens with real-life scum, like chronic shoplifters. They acquire a mentality that what they're doing is justified, and get indignant when they're challenged.

But I'm not a professional conman. I get righteous anger when I'm being treated unfairly, which has nothing to do with alignment. When I'm playing scum, I work harder to control my reactions. In that context, a angry reaction doesn't make sense because I would work to hold that in, whereas as town I wouldn't.

I hate reaction tests. Ever since Toony started pulling that shit in VLR, it really pisses me off, since it depends on people working exactly one way emotionally, which is a ridiculous thing to expect. It's inherently flawed, and since it has a history of being inherently flawed with me (which you are apparently arrogant enough to ignore Tiruin's advice on, despite the fact she has personal experience you lack -- a personal failing on your part) it just paints you as foolish.

But whatever, here's the rest.  My Goddess is Derala.

Derala: Goddess of the Night, Moon, Magic, Dreams, Prophecy

I am imagining that I got the PM as part of my role, but again, I wanted to get out the idea that the scumteam could send PMs, just in case.
I don't understand ... I never asked for your role.

You know what, I expect the weather may have had something to do with this. The wind was howling so loudly last night I couldn't sleep. It probably got me more riled up than anything else.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 108