Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200009 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 1
« Reply #225 on: April 10, 2013, 11:51:30 pm »

For funsies, I just did a search in the mafia subforum for all instances of "suck" and "lemon" occurring in the same post.

...it was mostly Webadict.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 10, 2013, 11:54:23 pm »

Vector: I'm actually 15... and i'm probably one of the more... understanding people in my high school. I prefer compromise, simple as that. :)

Solifuge: ...Yeah, i could see that.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 10, 2013, 11:56:07 pm »

I know.  I wish I were capable of spouting his level of vitriol with his level of disaffectation.  As a Person With a Bad Temper it would make my life so much easier.

Vector: I'm actually 15... and i'm probably one of the more... understanding people in my high school. I prefer compromise, simple as that. :)

Meh, I thought you said 16.  Anyway, when I was your age I was pretty much Vector-lite, so I forget that most other people aren't, you know, aggressive rage-machines with a Napoleonic complex at that point in their lives.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 11, 2013, 12:12:00 am »

Ford, assuming Avos gives you Strength because your Green Candle is lit, any idea why so many of us have Green Candles lit, but do not claim an ability?
Also mentioned this before. Tiruin claimed an ability while also claiming skepticism about the idea, so I said this:
Hmm ... well my PM isn't phrased the same way. Is it possible that your power isn't affected by the candles but mine is?
The candles may not affect us all the same way. If some of us are affiliated with light and some with darkness, it makes sense, even if the white candles work the same for everybody.

But then, Tiruin has a green candle lit.

Ranger: I feel like I've been talking to an empty room. I'm getting frustrated enough to feel like quitting already. Nobody seemed to be listening to me, so I got louder, and louder, and LOUDER, AND LOUDER (Yes, FOUR TIMES).

So no, apparently, I couldn't. Nobody was listening when I was being polite.

Vector:
Spoiler: Vitriol (click to show/hide)

As for you, you jumped on me when I started questioning why we were lighting your green candle. I think you see me as an obstacle that you're trying to get rid of. Why else would you have totally ignored all the questions I asked and all my requests for more feedback and simply used me as a scapegoat? Why were you more interested in advancing your own personal interests than participating in discussion?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 11, 2013, 12:17:05 am »

As for you, you jumped on me when I started questioning why we were lighting your green candle. I think you see me as an obstacle that you're trying to get rid of. Why else would you have totally ignored all the questions I asked and all my requests for more feedback and simply used me as a scapegoat? Why were you more interested in advancing your own personal interests than participating in discussion?

You didn't ask me any questions, and I'm not using you as a scapegoat.  That you see the interests of the town--scumhunting--as "my personal interests" is laughable, and that you don't see this as participation in discussion only makes me think that you want to control what is talked about, and specifically keep it off of scumhunting.  This is a bastard game, but it is still mafia.  We still need to hunt.

Seriously, man?  We didn't have an RVS.  I brought up a concern and you're jumping down my neck.  What made you think this was going to advance your cause?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 11, 2013, 12:21:06 am »

Vector: I don't get my way often so my personality sculpted me like this. I can try to give you some advice on controlling your temper, but i'm not sure i'm qualified for that... or anything related to phycology for that matter. And your actually pretty close with your estimate, about half my school could fall into the napoleon-esque attitude. So much for this generations "nice" Canadians.

Captain: You could have just posted the one explanation and if anyone else complained that you weren't answering them, direct them over to the old answer.
[/quote]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 11, 2013, 12:26:14 am »

Ford:
Ford:  I'll get to your points, but first, a question.

What do you think will happen if your white candle goes out?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 11, 2013, 12:38:38 am »

okay, i'm gonna go get some sleep and continue in the morning. Vector, I would prefer it if Captain survived this RL night ;)
[/quote]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 11, 2013, 12:39:13 am »

First off, if granting abilities is indeed what one (or both) of those candles do, why are we so eager to hand out new abilities? Doesn't that seem a little risky to anyone?
I'd like to get some more feedback about the stuff I said.
I'm also totally clueless about why we're all voting to light Vector's green candle.
All stuff you could have responded to. There's plenty more, too. I'm upset because NOBODY's responded to them, and the first people to take notice of them are IGNORING them.

I've been asking for clarifications from several people now, and I've gotten very few answers. Mostly because the people haven't gotten online yet, but sometimes because I'm just being ignored. I'm getting frustrated because it feels like most people popped in, cast their votes and never came back to look things over again.

I thought I raised reasonable points but apparently nobody felt like answering me. So when you came along and decided to play ball with me when there was still a ball in your court, and had been for over a day, and I'd dropped numerous reminders, I was pissed.

What do you think will happen if your white candle goes out?
That I'll be unable to take actions, and be dead or effectively dead. That is the present consensus.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 11, 2013, 12:45:21 am »

I was sent a PM saying that I very much want that candle lit, and as we need to experiment around with what the candles do, I figured I'd volunteer myself.

I have no fucking idea what it will do, and it's occurred to me that the scumteam might have a power that permits the transmission of such a message (or maybe "being extra-close to my god" means that I'll get such messages?), but I figure that the game should first be played straight to the best of our abilities.

Also, having unanswered questions does not mean that you can't be scunt-hummed.  Seriously.  You have one vote on you.  Stop flipping out.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 11, 2013, 01:03:36 am »

Unvote to Shorten.

A PM that told you you really wanted the Green Candle lit? When did this come? I missed a mention of it before.

On a related note, I would prefer that we don't light any Green Candles on players with a Teal Candle lit. I'd actually like to Snuff a Teal Candle and see the effect, since it's the least common; just about right for a scumteam of this game size.

Any feelings on this, Ottofar, Vector, or Okami?

For reference:

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 11, 2013, 01:11:48 am »

Nope, I didn't mention before.  I received it at ~11:00 Pacific Time on April 9th.

I would really like that thing lit.  Part of our experiments should be discovering what happens when all of them are fired up.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 11, 2013, 01:18:11 am »

Okami can tell us that, no?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 11, 2013, 01:22:01 am »

Yes he can, but as I was the person who was sent a PM, I am admittedly curious.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 11, 2013, 05:44:13 am »

Body aches. Will post soon. Argh.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 108