Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200040 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 1
« Reply #180 on: April 10, 2013, 10:43:29 am »

Oh well. Let's see then.

Snuff Solifuge White

Shorten.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 10, 2013, 11:00:30 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Light Dariush Teal: Dariush
Light Remuthra Green: Captain Ford
Light Remuthra Teal: Nerjin, Remuthra, Solifuge
Snuff Solifuge White: Captain Ford, Nerjin, notquitethere, Okami No Rei, Onyxjew944, Ottofar, Solifuge, Tiruin, Toaster, Vector
Light Vector Green: notquitethere, Okami No Rei, Ottofar, Tiruin, Toaster, Vector

Descending from his metal disk, Solifuge approaches Captain Ford.

"Thank you for this, my friend... but before I am to embark on the path I have chosen, my goddess demands this one thing of me first."

Laying one hand gently on the Ford's shoulder, Solifuge walks behind the other priest, until Captain Ford stands between him and the High Priest floating above. Laying the second hand on Ford's other shoulder, he presses his weight down on them tentatively, before vaulting upward with sudden movement.

There, he perches shakily upon the other priest's shoulders, one hand centered on his head to maintain balance, while he meets eye-to-eye with the High Priest. His free hand reaches forward to brush against the Priest's light-bathed cheek, while he closes for a kiss...

A great light flares up around the High Priest and both Solifuge and Captain Ford are blown backwards to tumble along the marble floors of the temple. Neither is hurt, although Solifuge looks a bit stunned.

Tiruin examines personal garments. How do they look like?
They are fine white cotton robes, embroidered with silver thread and emblazoned with the symbols of the Gods.

Solifuge's White candle flares up, burning twice as bright as any of the other candles

Tentatively step onto the disk of Nerjin
Literally kick Onyx off of my disk

Onyx steps onto Nerjin's disk. Nothing bad happens...at least until Nerjin kicks him in the shins to get him off.

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday. There are 5 votes to Shorten the day. 7 Votes total needed to Shorten the day.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 01:08:14 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 10, 2013, 01:05:42 pm »

Solifuge's candle flares up, burning twice as bright as any of the other candles
Wait what?

Vector: I still want to know what a VT is.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 10, 2013, 01:09:23 pm »

Solifuge's candle flares up, burning twice as bright as any of the other candles
Wait what?

Vector: I still want to know what a VT is.

Slight clarification: It is Solifuge's White candle that is effected. (His other two remain unlit).
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 10, 2013, 01:12:23 pm »

So Solifuge, what'd you do to your candle?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 10, 2013, 01:26:44 pm »

It's clearly the power of love~

But seriously, I don't know. I think some used a role-power on me.

Theory: It's a lynch-blocking ability. Suppose we shall see.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 10, 2013, 01:39:14 pm »

It's either that or what you did to the high priest. I doubt it had anything to do with Tiruin examining his clothes, BUT Tiruin did say he had a power that affected candles. (Tiruin: Did you have anything to do with this?)

...that's the candle we're planning to put out, isn't it? I wonder if it's still a good idea or not. It could be protection or it could be a trap.

... Unvote. I'm a little apprehensive about his candle flaring up.

I'm also totally clueless about why we're all voting to light Vector's green candle.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 10, 2013, 02:42:47 pm »

VT = "vanilla townie."  I don't have any powers right now, nor any implied.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 10, 2013, 03:19:14 pm »

Its twice as bright and really sudden... Unvote Solifuge's white, I don't want to touch something thats being that unpradictable.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 10, 2013, 03:21:01 pm »

Let's do Ford's instead, since he did it.

Unvote Solifuge White.

Snuff Captain Ford White.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 10, 2013, 04:13:28 pm »

Since I did what now?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 10, 2013, 04:57:35 pm »

Is there some secret second thread everyone else knows about?

I seriously feel like I'm missing half of the conversation here. I made a partial claim for the purpose of comparison with Remuthra, and also so we could validate each other's claims if it turns out flipping our green candles does indeed control my Strength ability. I claimed the name, and he could claim the description. Or we could flip our teal candles and verify what happens between each other.

*shrug* I guess I shouldn't have bothered.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 10, 2013, 06:15:12 pm »

Why the sudden change of heart, Ford, Cado, Toaster? A candle burns brightly, I can't explain it, but I do not fear it.

What do you each find suspicious in that? What do you think could happen?

If anything, this turn of events strengthens my resolve to play with that candle. If it explodes violently, then mission accomplished, we figured something out. If it explodes violently, perma-killing Solifuge, then we learned two things. Both of those values are minimums; we could easily work with it and get a bit more out of it.

I don't see the problem here, well, besides the loss of a character that may or may not be a traitor anyway.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 10, 2013, 06:52:42 pm »

And if it permakills two random people who voted for that candle?

Not that I think that is what's going to happen, but I think that running headlong into an unknown factor is foolish, especially if whoever did it isn't going to reveal themselves.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 10, 2013, 06:57:27 pm »

I think it's Nerjin. He said he would test a power he had on Solifuge.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 108