Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200078 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 1
« Reply #195 on: April 10, 2013, 06:58:37 pm »

And if it permakills two random people who voted for that candle?

Not that I think that is what's going to happen, but I think that running headlong into an unknown factor is foolish, especially if whoever did it isn't going to reveal themselves.
Good point. Though, don't you think an ability like that is the slightest bit over-powered, and therefore unlikely? Wait, nevermind. Keep forgetting the 'bastard' title means prior conventions are pointless.

I'm still willing to see what happens, also interested in the other two Heel-Face-Turns.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2013, 07:04:41 pm »

I think it's Nerjin. He said he would test a power he had on Solifuge.
Where did he say that? I've looked over the thread and can't find it.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2013, 07:18:21 pm »

Alright, back in my mini-break from uni and I-
Descending from his metal disk, Solifuge approaches Captain Ford.

"Thank you for this, my friend... but before I am to embark on the path I have chosen, my goddess demands this one thing of me first."

Laying one hand gently on the Ford's shoulder, Solifuge walks behind the other priest, until Captain Ford stands between him and the High Priest floating above. Laying the second hand on Ford's other shoulder, he presses his weight down on them tentatively, before vaulting upward with sudden movement.

There, he perches shakily upon the other priest's shoulders, one hand centered on his head to maintain balance, while he meets eye-to-eye with the High Priest. His free hand reaches forward to brush against the Priest's light-bathed cheek, while he closes for a kiss...

@_@

"HERESY, PROSELYTIZATION! I DECLARE YOU TO...GET BACK ON YOUR DISK! BECAUSE...DEMENTOR! O-oh dear..."

PS. Testing my ability on you Soli, nothing bad.

Snuff Solifuge's WHITE Candle
Light Vector's Green one

Tiruin examines personal garments. How do they look like?
It was Tiruin, not Nerjin, sorry.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2013, 07:35:57 pm »

And if it permakills two random people who voted for that candle?

Not that I think that is what's going to happen, but I think that running headlong into an unknown factor is foolish, especially if whoever did it isn't going to reveal themselves.
Captain says it all, If the thing explodes or just somehow kills people, i don't think we should touch it. If its still this way after the night is over, then it would probably be a good idea to check it out but not right now. Unless someone tells us what this does, i don't want any part of it.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2013, 07:43:49 pm »

Oh, you're right. Tiruin did indeed announce it. It was kind of buried in there.

I'm significantly less afraid of it now, but I would like to see what Tiruin has to say about this.

Tiruin: Why choose Soli for your experiment?
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 10, 2013, 07:48:57 pm »

By the way, everyone, Captain Ford is scum.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 10, 2013, 07:51:25 pm »

By the way, everyone, Captain Ford is scum.

Well then in that case Lynch fo... Wait a second... how do you figure he's scum?
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 10, 2013, 07:55:07 pm »

I've played enough games with him to know Ford's persistent meta.  Between Totem and Mafia, Masons, and Hackers it became clear that Town-Ford is weak, wishy-washy, and doesn't want to lynch people, always into giving a second chance, while Scum-ford seems very controlled and confident.

He's definitely scum.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 10, 2013, 07:56:35 pm »

I've played enough games with him to know Ford's persistent meta.  Between Totem and Mafia, Masons, and Hackers it became clear that Town-Ford is weak, wishy-washy, and doesn't want to lynch people, always into giving a second chance, while Scum-ford seems very controlled and confident.

He's definitely scum.

I... I don't trust that logic very much. We need more concrete evidence than that.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 10, 2013, 07:57:37 pm »

Me as well. If there's a cop, it would warrant an investigate action, but it's not enough to go on to lynch.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 10, 2013, 07:58:22 pm »

Well, I'm sure we're all about to get some.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 10, 2013, 08:10:19 pm »

He's definitely scum.
Interesting theory, I can't say I've spent enough time profiling him in our two games together, but I don't really have anything against it either. I'm also not even certain how to lynch yet, so I'm particularly uncertain on how to move forward here.

I'll leave this under 'worthy of investigating at a later date'. By 'later date', I mean both other Mafias and later in-game days. For now I don't think we have enough to go on.

Oh, and
PS. Testing my ability on you Soli, nothing bad.
this, again, makes me want to snuff the candle. I feel safe enough to say Tiruin wouldn't blatantly lie on Day One, and if he did, then at the cost of a player or two, we found a scum.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 10, 2013, 08:10:20 pm »

I'm still good with being the White Candle Guinea Pig, but with the candle flareup (it does seem odd for that to be tied to Tiruin's garment inspection), and since we have an actual suspicion rather than me potentially offing myself, do we want to try Ford instead?

This is wishy-washy, but I don't like making this decision. The goal is just to test the white candle, and we need a clear majority one way or the other.

(Going with the theory on candles burning down, and being a timer mechanic, this might mean my candle is "burning twice as bright, and half as long," meaning bad things anyway. :\)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 10, 2013, 08:13:40 pm »

Snuff Ford's White.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 10, 2013, 08:15:44 pm »

Tiruin inspects the candles for any mark, symbol or sign, including the disks and the room. As the priestess bows both at her fellows and the high priest, she says "How are we going to out the traitors? Also, do these candles burn out by themselves?"
"High Priest," Tiruin asks, "What does these candles mean? Is there anything you can tell us to aid us in this riddle?"
The candles shall not burn out on their own. Only you can effect them, and only by your votes upon the disks. I can tell you no more, the gods demand that you solve the riddle yourselves.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 108