Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 108

Author Topic: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Game Over  (Read 200063 times)

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Temple (Bastard game) - Day 1
« Reply #210 on: April 10, 2013, 08:18:38 pm »

?

What about my current behavior isn't wishy-washy?

For chrissake, I thought I was gonna catch flak for being too cautious. I'm practically a blazing inferno of uncertainty here.

That and I'm getting kid of frustrated because nobody besides me and Remuthra have acknowledged the points I put forward in my first couple posts. Seriously people, are you even reading my posts? I already did a half claim and promised to reveal the rest if Remuthra's green candle was lit.

I may be coming off as more confident because this is a puzzle, and that's something nice and objective, unlike reading people and making decisions about whether or not someone is telling the truth.

What the fuck is even going on.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 10, 2013, 08:22:12 pm »

I seriously don't know what the fuck is going on in your heads.

I ask what the hell you're doing, and you fucking call me scum. What the fuck is the logic in that? Seri-fucking-ously. You're goddamn idiots.

Also, I'm eating ice cream with a fork. I have no idea where my spoon went.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 10, 2013, 08:25:07 pm »

Actually, that sounds like OMGUS to me.
Vector: You voted Captain Ford as soon as he started interrogating Tiruin about the candle's behavior. How do you justify this as not being chainsawing?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 10, 2013, 08:42:04 pm »

(Going with the theory on candles burning down, and being a timer mechanic, this might mean my candle is "burning twice as bright, and half as long," meaning bad things anyway. :\)
The candles shall not burn out on their own. Only you can effect them, and only by your votes upon the disks. I can tell you no more, the gods demand that you solve the riddle yourselves.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's pretty clear that people just aren't reading everything (or not comprehending it). THE CANDLES WILL NOT RUN OUT.

Unless, of course, Solifuge has an ability that makes them do that. More likely he was a careless reader.

Toaster and Vector:  What the fuck? You don't actually discuss any of the points I raised, but just level an accusation at me? Why is it that my points aren't worth discussing? Why am I being left out of the club, huh?

Seriously. What the fucking fuck.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 10, 2013, 10:12:55 pm »

Ford:  I'll get to your points, but first, a question.

What do you think will happen if your white candle goes out?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 10, 2013, 10:21:12 pm »

For those searching for evidence: my, that was a beautiful jump, wasn't it, fellows?

Way too defensive, Ford.

Actually, that sounds like OMGUS to me.
Vector: You voted Captain Ford as soon as he started interrogating Tiruin about the candle's behavior. How do you justify this as not being chainsawing?

. . . I voted Captain Ford as soon as I noticed that he was acting scummy.  By all means, keep questioning Tiruin!  Are you trying to call me scummy for daring to make a serious accusation?  This isn't a game where only one mode of attack can be pursued at a time!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 10, 2013, 10:33:47 pm »

I think i'll accept Captain,s puzzle focus explanation. I have seen people in RL who aren't very good at going into anything with confidence without focus point... Why is the newbie explaining rational behaviour?
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 10, 2013, 10:37:18 pm »

Possibly because you're an overconfident moron who knows very little about this game and is soon going to be a go-to sheep for the scumteam?

Or maybe you're the most brilliant player this subforum has ever seen!  Yes, that would explain why you know better than anyone else, indubitably.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 10, 2013, 10:48:02 pm »

Look, I get it, but was the "most brilliant player this subforum has ever seen!" part strictly necessary? :I

Anyway, this is escalating. We don't know the nature of the traitors yet, whether or not they have a kill-type power, or even what killing/lynching entails in this game. Everyone should go find a nice cool glass of iced tea, and we can dig around for clues. Let's wait for the purpose of the game to become a bit more apparent before we try to fit everything together, and/or sling the stones, dah?

Oh and Ford, this dun' mean I like you or your recent spasmodics. And RC, I know you're new, but you're experienced enough to know what Buddying is, yeah?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 10, 2013, 10:50:29 pm »

. . . Please note that I don't have any particular opinion as to who the most brilliant player ever might be, and it was by no means meant to be yet another motion towards my over-inflated ego.

Also, you're right, I am currently venting off real-life steam.  I'm going to go hit something with a stick.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 10, 2013, 11:04:27 pm »

I caught Meph's clarification on the candles not burning down. I missed that on my earlier read.

Okami, your goddess is Derala? She grants you Wisdom, and your Green Candle is lit.
Ford, assuming Avos gives you Strength because your Green Candle is lit, any idea why so many of us have Green Candles lit, but do not claim an ability?

Also, can anyone claim an ability, despite not having a Green Candle lit?

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 10, 2013, 11:18:11 pm »

Solifuge: Yes i know what buddying is. I ,however,, will defend behaviour or actions i find reasonable and state why. (Though the cursing was pushing it Ford.) Its my way of looking at things as i (try) to see the logic or reasons behind an action. (though yelling your head off doesn't help anyone Ford)
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 10, 2013, 11:23:52 pm »

All the rest of us do too, RangerCado--we're all functioning on logic and reason, even if you can't quite see your way through to it.  I don't object to Ford trying to solve the puzzle.  I object to Ford's overall tone, and to the way that he just reacted.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 10, 2013, 11:39:02 pm »

Vector: I realize Ford went overboard but throteling me over every mistake i make won't help us. I understand the need to vent but please try to break something other than my spirit. Lets just live and let live, less outbursts of anger, and less stupidity (hopefully) from me.

Ford: Why all the anger towards everyone? You couldn't have explained things more calmly, and with less cursing?
[/quote]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 10, 2013, 11:43:20 pm »

I went and did a little kendo.  Feeling somewhat better.

We have come so far from the "go suck a lemon" era =/  God, I've forgotten just what it's like to be 16.  I'm not feeling sorry right now, but I promise you that I will later.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 108