Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568069 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3120 on: June 11, 2016, 08:27:34 pm »

I had a dream about Bay12Foruma, I was reading a bunch of posts and then the screen magically switched to one of the RTD games that I'm playing and the GM posted the next turn. It was pretty awesome until I woke up all sweaty... Maybe it was a nightmare.
...Maybe you never woke up, and you're still posting on bay12 in your dreams

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: June 11, 2016, 08:55:56 pm »

Do any of you keep a dream journal?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: June 11, 2016, 09:18:26 pm »

I do, but don't generally bother writing much, if anything, unless they were particularly detailed or memorable. What I post here is typically copied straight over from that.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: June 12, 2016, 06:36:45 pm »

Yea, that's how I started too. Had a thread on my forum, writing all the crap, then ended up on having a 9-yr dream journal. It's pretty interesting.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: June 12, 2016, 07:34:46 pm »

What's the most epic dream that you recorded or remember?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: June 12, 2016, 09:20:39 pm »

Not answering the above.
~~~
My latest dream featured: The Doctor, Charlie Brown, Dalek Charlie Dog, Daleks(that can't fly and apparently can be defeated by shoving them off an edge), a War Council that tried and failed to control the TARDIS...
... it makes no sense to me either, if you're wondering.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: June 12, 2016, 09:24:43 pm »

To be fair, it's not exactly hard to defeat cardboard cutouts :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: June 13, 2016, 12:48:49 am »

I don't know if the following dream could be counted as "epic," but I was pretty friggin' ecstatic after it happened (no, it isn't sex related.)

Curses, Closets, and Closet-men

The dream starts with me either waking up from dream or preparing for another dream (I can't remember) with the knowledge that apparently I'm communing with ancient spirits through my dreams (don't look at me, the dream itself explained just as little.)

Next thing I remember is being sleep-paralyzed (in-dream) and a couple of mice-people coming in through my closet and telling me through telepathic mind-images (?) that Closet-man (yes, that was really his name) is one bad closet ghost.

Whatever knowledge I wanted from Closet-man must've been important because I didn't listen and summoned him anyway. After there's another sleep-paralysis bit where I see Closet-man, redundant limbs and all, before he puts me into the mind gauntlet. The whole thing was bizarre images and some harrowing sensations which I couldn't remember accurately even just after waking up, and certainly can't remember months later. Bit of a shame really as it was one hell of a trip from what little I do remember.

I vaguely recall something about a robed figure on a TV who might've been Closet-man again (I really wish my subconscious thought of a better name) but I can't remember enough details so we instead go onwards to the final act (as close to an act as dreams have anyway.)

Back to being sleep-paralyzed, however, this time there were shadow monsters! When I looked at them, my eyes "zoomed-in" for lack of a better word (was more like getting your soul sucked out your head, really.) This stopped when I defeated them with my newly honed mind (I suppose that mind-gauntlet was really worth it after all) Some other closet ghost shows up, tells me I must go because I'm cursed now.

Go where you might ask? Under the sea is where, to the cursed shadow base which is the home of the shadows I think. The base itself had no interiors and consisted entirely of catwalks which I walked on while talking to elder military (they were definitely American elder gods if not in military) gods about how I'm the best there ever was and I'm totally going to break that curse. Mercifully, the dream ended during that and the catwalks of elder god discussion didn't spoil my vague memories of the mind gauntlet.

The dream message being? I have no idea, and I'll leave that to you to figure out.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:53:10 am by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: June 13, 2016, 01:30:13 am »

I should have come straight here at 3am, when I first woke, but I've been busy and thenbdistracted myself further.

Now the dream remnants left to me include a funeral (a Jewish one, apparently, possibly for my..  sister? Who I don't have, and I have no such roots myself) some rather complicated plot (as in conspracy, but also as in the slumbeting screenplay itself) and the traditional travelling through weird geography.

I remember remembering that some of the issues did relate to real-life circustances, but their significance, purpose and perhaps their bearng upon my real-world decisions are now sadly lost to the mists...

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: June 13, 2016, 12:14:17 pm »

I had a dream about Bay12Foruma, I was reading a bunch of posts and then the screen magically switched to one of the RTD games that I'm playing and the GM posted the next turn. It was pretty awesome until I woke up all sweaty... Maybe it was a nightmare.
...Maybe you never woke up, and you're still posting on bay12 in your dreams
But how would bay12 keep on updating :O

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: June 15, 2016, 07:37:28 pm »

i just pasted this shit

Apr 21st 2010

I'll do this summary at the beginning since it will make more sense, the summary is what I realized from piecing the whole dream together, or things I just knew in the dream to begin with. There was a great war going on, with camps like the one I describe all over, all building a great war machine to smash the world. The leader race can only be described as a hybrid between Dominions 3 R'lyeh Early-Age, without the water component, and the covenant from the halo series. Their war machine was derived from several races, all taking different roles in the army. The trolls were footsoldiers, the minotaurs scouts and shock troops, with the R'lyeh beings at the top. Even the R'lyeh (not what they're called, but there's no equivelant in this world) had castes in their race, with more devolved ones being drones and servants to the higher ones. (Think "the broken" in the Draenai, from Warcraft lore.) The drones were shorter, fatter, had white skin, tribal markings and were less powerful and more stupid than the higher castes. There was a more functional drone, looking the same but taller and thinner, but with hardly any mental capacity to control others. I was part of one of many small groups fighting and sabotaging and gathering information about their armies covertly, large groups attacking never worked because they succumbed to mental control. So each one of us was put through mental training long before this assignment ever started. I don't know what group I was with before this, but I was the newest member to the current group, and hardly trusted because of reputation. I was weakest physically so had to use my other skills to keep alive and fulfill the mission. We were sabotaging some sort of machinery in a camp that was infinitely more defended than we thought, because their war machine was going much faster than our generals ever thought, and moving in different ways. ON TO ZE DREAM--->

I was this vigilante in a group of them, but I was sorta an outcast even in the group because I did things by horrible methods that others didn't, like murdering semi-innocents for the greater good and leaving my allies when it suited. We were in the middle of an enemy camp and they were trying to open the gates to escape, I was hiding nearby when they started fighting. I kept to the shadows killing what I could by not being seen, then this ogre creature attacks again and again and I fall to the ground twice, feigning death while the rest of the group is captured and sent to the jail in the camp.

I lay there in the bones near all the other ogres, which are the footsoldiers for an even more horrible covenant of creatures. My stomach area has been split open by a blade, but I still don't die. I have to keep my eyes open and in the same expression as there are ogres sitting 3ft from me, eating rations and setting campfires in the night. Near morning, an ogre comes to me with a cup and grins, and then takes the 'soup' of blood and entrails from my stomach to eat. I pretend to be dying, and beg him to take me to the grave pit to die. He's not smart, and agrees while grinning stupidly.

As we round a corner, the ogre carrying my 'corpse', I manage to grab some sort of healing coin from my belt, and use it to return to a better health. I take a dagger from my belt, I am left-handed in the dream also, and stab the ogre neatly through the neck. It falls to its knees in the grave site and dies. I quickly slink to the shadows and set about freeing my party.

We are then escaping, and past the camp are two paths seperated by a great metal fence, with what seems like a football pitch in the middle which is used for legion discipline and such. To the far left and right of the paths there are sloping trees, you can't path up them.

Most of my party go to the left, then I see great minotaurs chasing
us. They are huge, 3 times the size of a normal man and run as fast as a horse, we have no chance. First I see one, then more heading to my party, I turn a different way from them and leap onto the metal fence like some acrobat. Three of the minotaurs chase me, leaping from fence to fence, terrifying in their ferocity, and they ride huge and shining black horses, like nightmares from uo but huge and with longer and thinner legs and snouts. I leap to the top-right corner of the fence and look back to see that my group are on horseback and are escaping through a different route.

I jump into the building at the end of the fence andfootball pitch. It's a flimsy metal structure, with several different compartments and a central shaft for a pulley lift that isn't working. I'm on the top level, so have to climb between boxes. It's the camp's storage of meat. In living form. I set to work of slitting the throats of every lamb there is, they are like lambs but furless and with camel-like snouts and a few of the mothers of them are on the level below. There is a peasant woman hiding in one of the stalls who I find and almost kill on accident and surprise, she looks at the carnage and starts weeping, saying that I am a horrible murderer. I tell her to escape from this place as fast as she can, and then I leave aswell.

As I climb the final hill back into civilization, there are three 'drones' of the leader race that heads the whole army, the ogres and inotaurs are just soldiers in it. The drones of the true race are fat and short, white and thick-skinned with black tribal markings over their torsos and shoulders, small yellow cat-like eyes and upended mouths, like a fish with pointed teeth. The race has mind control, and each word of there's revertebrates inside your head. There are two drones blocking the path, and a taller, more refined, but still a drone, gives me a message. They make as if they will stop me if I pass, so I slow down and listen to the message. They needn't do anyway, they weren't taking any chances, because I go further and from the stairs over the wall to the left, one of the 'true' ones of their race appears to me.

He is more human in appearance but with blue skin, incredibly muscled, with a black and red cloth belt, spikes that seem 'alive', almost like tentacles, coming from holes in its chest and shoulders. We met before. The sun is almost gone down over the hills and forest. He tells me some things I can't remember now, warnings about the actions I'm taking. His voice is infinitely more loud and serene than the drones, the most perfect sound one could hear but with a ghostly reverberation. His mouth and eyes are taken up by the strange spike-like tentacles, and there are bony ridges on his skull and cheekbones which distort them into a distinctly non-human state.

Then he brings out several people to the side of him. They are mesmerized,(it takes a lot of control to withstand the force of their control), and hold small thin blades in each hand, and wearing white dresses. They look dazed. I'm about to try and kill the creature in front of me, but I see the women, they just start walking into this busy road with the tiny thin and sharp blades resting in their hands, not caring. Some get hit, cars swerve to avoid them, but it's getting darker and darker. I run into the road holding out my hands to the oncoming cars to stop, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

There are buildings either side of the road, as if the path up here just opened out into the middle of a normal town. He's laughing his head off, inside my head. I have a splitting headache and my vision keeps turning to colours. Some of the hypnotised people are walking towards buildings, houses, and banging on them with their fists, scraping the door with the knives. Some others get the knives and jam them into their own eyes while still holding a neutral expression like they didn't care. Anyone who answered their door gets the same treatment, and I'm still running in the road trying to grab the people out of the way, but when I do they slash at me with the knives so I try to help in the town and tell everyone (the sane, unmesmerized people) to get the hell out of dodge.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: June 16, 2016, 07:31:27 am »

Had a 40k-ish themed funny dream :o

Dreamt I was in my old highschool, except the students seemed to consist of a mix of people I met in college and highschool. During break, I was talking to some old friends when this one girl I knew from college comes and asks for a hug. I remember her as a very friendly person overall so we hugged for a bit, then I noticed that after that, a huge tattoo/mark thing appeared on my back. From then on, anyone who stared at the mark would think I'm the coolest person ever, altough my appearance was slowly becoming more monstrous, with horns protuding from my forehead and my skin turning light purple. This continued for a while until most of the school was head over hells over me and following me around in big groups, which was more then a little creepy.

Later on said girl came to me and said she was very happy and that now I was supposed to meet her friends. She also looked hauntingly like a daemonette.

TIL my subconscious is trying to turn me into a keeper of secrets.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: June 22, 2016, 08:23:21 am »

I dreamt that I was trying to play Kantai Collection? I never actually got around to it.

Then the dream changed and I was playing Warframe (except I had no idea where I was in the physical world) - Everything was a perfect 60 FPS (I think) and almost everything had a red tint/glow to it. There was something about chasing another Warframe or something, to get an item or powers or something? I can't recall what Warframe I was. The chasing involved a good bit of parkour, which I messed up the first time but got the second time. A whole bunch of other players were chasing the Warframe-thing too.

God damn it, I think I may need to take a quick break from playing Warframe, at least for today...
Nah, I'll probably just go back to it this evening...

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: June 23, 2016, 05:10:54 am »

I don't remember much of my dream but I do remember punching an enormous shark in the nose, and when it came at me with its mouth open wide I grabbed it by the upper and lower jaw and tore it apart. it was fun. I also remember something involving horrible monsters, blood and gore. Well that was interesting.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: June 23, 2016, 01:28:45 pm »

Keep doing it till you accidentaly things.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 339