Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 63

Author Topic: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Game Over!  (Read 188025 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Bastard Paranormal 2 - Second Rest Phase
« Reply #240 on: March 01, 2012, 12:22:35 am »

I think foul play is a fair assumption.

Don't you agree, Shakerag?

Well, I think it highly unlikely that he had a heart condition or something, so yeah.  Although ... this *is* a bastard mod still, so for all we know he could have been shot by one of our pursuers.

My opinion about TolyK hasn't changed in the meantime.

If it really is the case that we need to eliminate the dopps from getting on the shuttle with the rest of us ... the lack of roleflips is going to make that a very difficult task indeed. 

Bookthras: I can't recall if you mentioned something about this before, but why are you curious about those three players specifically?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2012, 12:29:11 am »

Bookthras: I can't recall if you mentioned something about this before, but why are you curious about those three players specifically?
"Those three," do you mean Think, IronyOwl and Tolyk? Think for lurking, Irony for his reads on others, Tolyk for being a dopp and having unanswered questions. Or do you mean the ones I asked Irony about? I'm more interested in hearing what Irony has to say about them than in them specifically, but in principle I'm always interested in Jim, Toaster and Toony because they are hard to read and others may have seen something I haven't.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2012, 12:33:18 am »

Toony, going after the pilots first, eh?
Weak.  I'd rather we have a 'pilot' who actually does care about living.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2012, 12:53:31 am »

TolyK, who did you protect?

IronyOwl. Nothing happened to him.
I might even be able to see *who* did anything bad. So yeah.

Yeah, seeing a pilot bite the dust was a bit unnerving. While they should be hanged if they are scummy or found as dangerous, I think we should exercise a bit of restraint lest we find ourselves reaching the ship and finding out we can't quite push it to Earth.

Tolyk: As a dopp, please tell us whether you think pilots dying is good for you or bad for you.
For me personally, this is bad, since if all of the pilots die, I pretty damn lose.
Also do address this question pending for you:
you have not satisfactorily addressed this contradiction:
So yeah. My role is basically a miller survivor with a cherry on top...
My goal is for at least one guy to escape on the shuttle.
Are you a survivor? Or just want one guy to make it? Do you win with your faction if you are dead at the end? If so, then why did you say you were a survivor? If not, then why say "one guy" when that guy has to be you?
I win with anybody whose goal is to escape. With any person.
I got kinda mixed up with the survivor thing, I thought I also had to be alive.

And, on another note.
Should we vote who I should protect?
Also, uh. No lynch, since it seems like we can get along "by luck" with the pursuers being stopped enough for a rest phase.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2012, 01:09:33 am »

Also, uh. No lynch, since it seems like we can get along "by luck" with the pursuers being stopped enough for a rest phase.

Dude!
Meph:  Given the flavor of the game, is no-lynching possible?  What happens on a tie vote?  Can you answer the above question on blocks, running, and flavor?
The whole idea behind leaving someone behind is for them to slow down your chasers so the rest of you escape. If you decide not to leave anyone behind, you are more likely to get a bunch of you caught. At least, that's what's happened so far during this escape.

I win with anybody whose goal is to escape. With any person.
I got kinda mixed up with the survivor thing, I thought I also had to be alive.
Thanks for answering the question. I still don't buy it. Plus your "let's nolynch" move above is awful. I think it's unnecessary for you to worry who you would be protecting next time...
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2012, 01:10:02 am »

Did NativeForeigner collapse from foul play or was it just something that happens at random? He's not dead, so it looks like our fears about the dopplegangers chewing us up during the Run phrase were unfounded, not that we had any way of knowing that.
Jim: just because the dopps didn't kill, it doesn't mean they can't or won't. Since you've reminded us of BP1, I'll do the same and remind you that back then, I could opt to kill or not for two nights, but would've been forced to feed N3. How good is that serum or whatever that makes them not ravenous? I'd rather not assume too much and kill them if we find them.

Fair enough.

But it's not like they can eat us, unless they order their food to go. That would be pretty conspicuous, a group of people gnawing on human limbs while we're running through the station. Boarding the shuttle with them will still probably be bad, but I don't think we have to worry about them killing us along the way. I guess we'll see whose hunches are right.

I think foul play is a fair assumption.

I forgot NativeForeigner was a pilot. Yeah, foul play is a good assumption.

Don't you agree, Shakerag?

Is there something you're claiming?

Hell no.

Did you miss Meph talk about in ominous detail that no lynching would increase the likelihood of more captures in the Run phase? No lynching is actively counterproductive to your stated goals, so what the hell are you getting at?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2012, 01:19:24 am »

But it's not like they can eat us, unless they order their food to go. That would be pretty conspicuous, a group of people gnawing on human limbs while we're running through the station.

*munch*  *much*   What? this? Nah, it's just a hoagie. I got it from that novelty bakery that makes bread in the shape of human limbs. They do go heavy on the ketchup, don't they? Want some?   *munch*  *munch*

Heheheh.

But yeah, I think it's a fairly safe bet that the serum will run out at some point, and that the dopps don't particularly like the flavour anyway. Meph did mention something cryptic about "the layout of the station" earlier, so I wouldn't be surprised if we may find a rest/run phase later with more closets or doors or places for couples to withdraw for a quick making-out session or late night snack.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2012, 01:33:42 am »

Toony, I in fact do want to live. I am not TolyK saying that I don't care if I die as long as someone else makes it on. That is not me. I am a survivor.
Anyway, I'm not a 'pilot' just because I'm a human. I will point out that Intelligence Scientists like me have technology on par with that of aliens- I'm no less capable than them. And if you do lynch me, then if Urist I goes down it's probably game over. Why would you lynch me over someone else?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2012, 02:45:31 am »

IronyOwl: Quite confident, but I am a tad shaken by the lack of confirmation that I was either right or wrong. That said, I did not have any particular suspicions yet that hinged on me being right or wrong, so my plan for today is the same: back to the grindstone.

Book: I was under the impression that I was contributing more than I do when I lurk, but yes, I am still satisfied by my choice of Flandre for lynch. Of all the people available, she was the most likely to be scum in my opinion. My top pick for now isToaster for discussing safe lynches at length. TolyK is behaving extremely weirdly, but to the point where I don't believe he's weirdly behaving scum, but instead weirdly behaving someone who knows a lot about the setup and doesn't know whether/how to reveal it.

Urist I: You said you had a theory yesterday that you'd oh-so-kindly grace us with after the run phase. Care to tell us more?

TolyK: ... Vote for who you should protect? All that insures is that whoever we vote is guaranteed to live, the scum will still get a kill off anyways. What value would that give us? Where did your 'by luck' quote come from?

Toaster: Yes, we need to keep 'safe lynches' in mind if there are fewer than five anti-town. However, why are you being so insistent on compiling your list of safe lynches? What happened to your utter certainty that Urist I was scum yesterday? Do you really think 'safe lynches' are a good idea when we still know little about what's going on?

If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 01, 2012, 02:49:11 am »

Ah, I missed that Meph quote... Unvote.

And, uh. There is logic. If pilots were to be protected, anti-pilot roles would be stumped. Etc.

Another question: why would folks kill other folks?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2012, 02:51:17 am »

1) We could get that exact same effect by you doing your job and protecting the pilots.

2) What the hell are you talking about? Why would what folks kill who?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2012, 02:56:55 am »

OH! I just realized something. I'm just as pilot-capable as Urist I for a very good reason: He's an alien from another civilization, so he had the same or maybe slightly more resources as me and I am no less a pilot than him.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 01, 2012, 03:11:05 am »

1) We could get that exact same effect by you doing your job and protecting the pilots.

2) What the hell are you talking about? Why would what folks kill who?
1. True. But it had another aspect to it which I might or might not tell.
2. Why would people kill pilots? What would be a motive?
OH! I just realized something. I'm just as pilot-capable as Urist I for a very good reason: He's an alien from another civilization, so he had the same or maybe slightly more resources as me and I am no less a pilot than him.
Not everyone with good tech is a pilot. ;)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 01, 2012, 03:15:23 am »

Yeah but I watched the ship -very carefully-. I'm relatively qualified, but it's now midnight and I need sleep.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 01, 2012, 03:17:56 am »

Powder Miner:
He's an alien from another civilization,
And you know this how?

Tolyk:
1. True. But it had another aspect to it which I might or might not tell.
2. Why would people kill pilots? What would be a motive?
1. Still hiding stuff, are you?
Alright, uh. Full roleclaim.
I'm a dopp that wants at least one guy to make it to the shuttle. I have a protect that I can use... I've noticed an inconsistency, I've PM'd Meph about it.
Don't believe me? Tell me to protect whoever.
So, you said this was your full role claim. Was it, or was it not?

as for 2: To prevent us from leaving the station, duh.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 63